The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

1 minute ago, No Regrets said:

now all of a sudden I'm supposed to buy that their marriage is going so badly?

That's bothering me the most. I'm just not buying it.

After feeling it is necessary for lenny to take relationship advise from sheldon why dont tptb have lenny divorce so Sheldon can move on to teach howardette how to raise their baby since he's an expert in everything.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

1 minute ago, nickelette424 said:

She says in her post that they aren't trying to be like Shamy or that the goal is to turn them into Shamy.  And I didn't see anything in the original TR to suggest that was the case, either.  Just that they asked Sheldon to help them write up a relationship agreement.  No one said that agreement mirrored Shamy's and wasn't based on who Lenny are as a couple.  Looks to me like they want to get back to what Lenny are all about.

Asking Sheldon to write than a R/A is so OOC for Lenny as to be a parallel universe episode. All it needs is the guys to have beards

• Like 2

I'm really grateful for the TR and all the details.

But I'm absolutely livid and I'm close to completely giving up on this show.

They barely write anything for Lenny at all and now all of a sudden I'm supposed to buy that their marriage is going so badly? These writers continue to come up with new ways to say FUCK YOU to Lenny fans.

But yay! SHELDON THE RELATIONSHIP EXPERT TO THE RESCUE.

I don't recognize my two favorite characters anymore and I just want Johnny and Kaley gone from the show so I can finally stop watching.

I know that you are very disappointed about the episode but I think that we must see the episode on air before judging!I trust@shamyyellow,who was present during the taping so I think we must give a chance to the episode!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I'm really grateful for the TR and all the details.

But I'm absolutely livid and I'm close to completely giving up on this show.

They barely write anything for Lenny at all and now all of a sudden I'm supposed to buy that their marriage is going so badly? These writers continue to come up with new ways to say FUCK YOU to Lenny fans.

But yay! SHELDON THE RELATIONSHIP EXPERT TO THE RESCUE.

I don't recognize my two favorite characters anymore and I just want Johnny and Kaley gone from the show so I can finally stop watching.

Yeah I understand the logic. Lenny asked for the RA. The shows recognising Lennys apparent lack of passion in their relationship . And Shamyyelkowd was their. So ego knows msybe it was a good thing. Once it translates on tv. But to me my gut reaction is. Once again tptb transparently are reinforcing its Sheldon , it's always Sheldon. Somehow he's a relationship expert. Abs he needs to fix their relationship. The writers need to get Lenny are not Shamy. They don't need a structured agreement. I don't think their marriage is that bad. If it is, let Lenny be grown ups and sort it. Go to a marriage counsellor. Not this. I'm not blaming you Shamy Yellows. I appreciate your report. Jist my gut feelings that's all.

• Like 1

She doesn’t necessarily talk about Leonard.

o_000419.gif

LOL

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

After feeling it is necessary for lenny to take relationship advise from sheldon why dont tptb have lenny divorce so Sheldon can move on to teach howardette how to raise their baby since he's an expert in everything.

I fear you may be on to something.....

A divorce in the last episode may well be the TBBT version if the falling piano. I wouldn't put it past Lorrie to give us all a big FU for not appreciating his genius and actually complaining, how dare we!

4 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

I know that you are very disappointed about the episode but I think that we must see the episode on air before judging!I trust@shamyyellow,who was present during the taping so I think we must give a chance to the episode!

No we don't actually. The idea itself is so bad Shakespeare couldn't write a script to make it good

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

She says in her post that they aren't trying to be like Shamy or that the goal is to turn them into Shamy.  And I didn't see anything in the original TR to suggest that was the case, either.  Just that they asked Sheldon to help them write up a relationship agreement.  No one said that agreement mirrored Shamy's and wasn't based on who Lenny are as a couple.  Looks to me like they want to get back to what Lenny are all about.

If this actually means we'll see more romance between the two, fine, I'm all for it. But I fear it'll feel forced because, you know, they're only doing it because it's in the contract, not because they want to. This is not how this couple works.

If it's kind of like a reminder for both of them to be more romantic, instead of the crazy kind of contract Sheldon and Amy have (sorry), I wouldn't mind.

I don't even think they'll ever bring it up again anyway.

9 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Asking Sheldon to write than a R/A is so OOC for Lenny as to be a parallel universe episode. All it needs is the guys to have beards

That may be so.  However, that is no way means they are trying to turn Lenny into Shamy.  All that means is they decided to use a technique that Sheldon has used in the past and see if it will work for them.  

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

That´s true, but the simple fact that they need this agreement ?! Obviously their marriage was a wreck after only a year. Do shoot me. I really don´t know where my ship is routing to. I mean, I can read, and I know they won´t be Shamy or something. But they aren´t certainly the Lenny I know by doing this agreement. WTF is going on these days. I get that the honeymoondays are over (was it ever showed????), but insulting them by this agreement. NO, for the love of god why? Are they so immature, and is there such a lack of communication, that they can TALK about those things? Come on; I can get it that Sheldon needed or needs such agreements because of his character. But Penny and Leonard? It is really a slap in my face, and it is a way of a set back for ten years ago. They can´t talk about anything, but back than they had the sex and the passion. But now it´s gone, they have to get it back with such an agreement. Their driving force; passion, needs an agreement, yeah right. They haven´t had and growth in their relationship, they are just two people together, hanging out and don´t talk about their essence of their relationship.

Edited by john2p

1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

If this actually means we'll see more romance between the two, fine, I'm all for it. But I fear it'll feel forced because, you know, they're only doing it because it's in the contract, not because they want to. This is not how this couple works.

If it's kind of like a reminder for both of them to be more romantic, instead of the crazy kind of contract Sheldon and Amy have (sorry), I wouldn't mind.

I don't even think they'll ever bring it up again anyway.

And that's fair.  And Sheldon and Amy's crazy contract worked for them because it spoke to their specific brand of crazy.  There is no reason to believe the same things will be in Lenny's agreement.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Ok I never comment in here ( tbh I find it a bit scary lol ) BUT I'm making an exception as I think an "outsider" view might be what's needed !! You all know I'm a Shamy but I do love the whole show and all the characters. 

I know you guys are pissed & think everything revolves round Sheldon and yes this latest fabulous TR from @shamyyellow ( thanks again I really appriciate it X ) does indicate lots of Sheldon BUT I honestly think it's been done for the comedy of the show , I truly believe that ( as you guys have all said ) Lenny needed attention , well I think this realisation that writers have thrown in , that things are not all rosy in Lenny land will only produce great things for Lenny, yes it might get a bit bumpy but ultimately I think it can only mean great things coming your way, plus you guys will get stories about resolving any issues ( and no I don't think Sheldon will suddenly become their advisor - I think that RA writing was done for giggles and a nod to the RA joke ) - I predict good things for you guys with big stories , I think it'll end up being the best thing for Lenny . This is all just my opinion , I'll not comment more on it - I hope this makes you all feel a bit better !

Thanks, I don´t feel better but I appreciate your effort :D

• Like 2

And that's fair.  And Sheldon and Amy's crazy contract worked for them because it spoke to their specific brand of crazy.  There is no reason to believe the same things will be in Lenny's agreement.

We must see it.Maybe this RA will have great consequences for Lenny!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

That may be so.  However, that is no way means they are trying to turn Lenny into Shamy.  All that means is they decided to use a technique that Sheldon has used in the past and see if it will work for them.  

Come on Nick take off the blinders, the show has and Is becoming all about Sheldon, having the spontaneous and spur of the moment Lenny ask for a Ra from Sheldon is beyond ridiculous and only reinforces the idea that Sheldon is some gid lime bring with the knowledge and ability to solve any and every problem. Hr is the virgin who is naturally a sex god and now a expert on healthy relationships.

Give me a break 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, john2p said:

That´s true, but the simple fact that they need this agreement ?! Obviously their marriage was a wreck after only a year. Do shoot me. I really don´t know where my ship is routing to. I mean, I can read, and I know they won´t be Shamy or something. But they aren´t certainly the Lenny I know by doing this agreement. WTF is going on these days. I get that the honeymoondays are over (was it ever showed????), but insulting them by this agreement. NO, for the love of god why? Are they so immature, and is there such a lack of communication, that they can TALK about those things? Come on; I can get it that Sheldon needed or needs such agreements because of his character. But Penny and Leonard? It is really a slap in my face, and it is a way of a set back for ten years ago. They can´t talk about anything, but back than they had the sex and the passion. But now it´s gone, they have to get it back with such an agreement. Their driving force; passion, needs an agreement, yeah right. They haven´t had and growth in their relationship, they are just tow people together, hanging out and don´t talk about their essence of their relationship.

I was responding to a comment that someone refuses to watch Lenny turn into Shamy 2.0.  My point is that there was nothing in the TR to suggest that was the case and the person who went to the tape also said that wasn't the case.  I'm not trying to convince anyone that this will be a good storyline for Lenny or that them having a relationship agreement will be good for them.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

I was responding to a comment that someone refuses to watch Lenny turn into Shamy 2.0.  My point is that there was nothing in the TR to suggest that was the case and the person who went to the tape also said that wasn't the case.  I'm not trying to convince anyone that this will be a good storyline for Lenny or that them having a relationship agreement will be good for them.  

I am sorry,  I know you weren´t trying to convince me :). I just writing my frustrations off here.  

Edited by john2p
  • Like 2

Just now, JE7 said:

Come on Nick take off the blinders, the show has and I'd becoming all about Sheldon, having the spontaneous and spur of the moment Lenny ask for a Ra from Sheldon is beyond ridiculous and only reinforces the idea that Sheldon is some gid lime bring with the knowledge and ability to solve any and every problem. Hr is the virgin who is naturally a sex god and now a expert on healthy relationships.

Give me a break 

I don't have any blinders on.  Yes, there is a lot of focus on Sheldon.  But that doesn't mean that TPTB are trying to turn Lenny into Shamy.  Just because people use a similar technique does not mean that they will employee said technique in the same way or that they will have the same result.  Shamy and Lenny are fundamently different people/couples.  RA or not, Lenny will never work like Shamy and Shamy will never work like Lenny.  And, it looks like this was Lenny's suggestion and Sheldon didn't offer up any advice to fix their relationship (unless you want to count Sheldon being snarky to Leonard).  Sheldon didn't fix shit.  Sheldon just helped them do something that they asked of him.  

I don't think I'm the one with blinders one.

• Like 9

I really believe sheldon and amy will keep bringing this up and it will become a long running joke plus lenny will become the laugh stock of the show

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

I'd have to watch the episode first to judge, but my biggest fear is that it'll erase the spark of their relationship that made me fall in love with them, turning it more into bureaucracy, rather than romance. Doesn't seem healthy at all.

God next episode just have everyone sit still and playing halo, you had one job..

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

I really believe sheldon and amy will keep bringing this up and it will become a long running joke plus lenny will become the laugh stock of the show

Maybe that will happen.  I'm just not really sure what that has to do with what I was saying.

• Like 4