The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

39 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Is Amy wearing the same Hufflepuff-style hat that Leonard does in "The Big Bear Precipitation"???

Yes....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

Is Amy wearing the same Hufflepuff-style hat that Leonard does in "The Big Bear Precipitation"???

Looks the same to me.

Bg14.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

@vonmar and @djsurrey, thought so! It wouldn't be the first time... Wardrobe seems to like to share pieces between characters and episodes.

I would have never noticed if you had not pointed it out. To me it just registered as H.P paraphernalia.

I don't know about others, but it leaves me the impression that the reason Amy never initiates sex is because (in her mind) Sheldon still has problems with coitus. And according to Molaro, Sheldon really does. Amy doesn't want to pressure Sheldon. That's why she never initiates sex. 

Amy agrees to the once-a-year idea. But she also suggests more coitus on Sheldon's birthday and expects coitus (or at least make out sessions) in 919. Those two attempts are both failures.

Amy takes coitus off the table, but it's not only for her own sake. She also takes into considerations about Sheldon's feelings. She understands Sheldon may have concerns with coitus. (Quote: Well, I imagine one of your concerns might be coital expectations.)

Also Sheldon suggests making a baby, not coitus in 1008. No actually he suggests a quickie (lower our pants a little) for the purpose of reproduction. It's way different than sex for pleasure.

The thing is, it's understandable that Amy is afraid to suggest sex based on Sheldon's past history with physical intimacy. But it's confusing why Sheldon hadn't suggest sex until Amy's birthday if he really is, as some of us believe, "so eager for sex that he wakes her up in the middle of the night". 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I don't know about others, but it leaves me the impression that the reason Amy never initiates sex is because (in her mind) Sheldon still has problems with coitus. And according to Molaro, Sheldon really does. Amy doesn't want to pressure Sheldon. That's why she never initiates sex. 

Amy agrees to the once-a-year idea. But she also suggests more coitus on Sheldon's birthday and expects coitus (or at least make out sessions) in 919. Those two attempts are both failures.

Amy takes coitus off the table, but it's not only for her own sake. She also takes into considerations about Sheldon's feelings. She understands Sheldon may have concerns with coitus. (Quote: Well, I imagine one of your concerns might be coital expectations.)

Also Sheldon suggests making a baby, not coitus in 1008. No actually he suggests a quickie (lower our pants a little) for the purpose of reproduction. It's way different than sex for pleasure.

The thing is, it's understandable that Amy is afraid to suggest sex based on Sheldon's past history with physical intimacy. But it's confusing why Sheldon hadn't suggest sex until Amy's birthday if he really is, as some of us believe, "so eager for sex that he wakes her up in the middle of the night". 

It seems to me Amy holds all the cards in regards coitus. She should tell him when she wants coitus and if he objects tell him I'll find someone who does. As their break up proved Amy has options Sheldon has none.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me Amy holds all the cards in regards coitus. She should tell him when she wants coitus and if he objects tell him I'll find someone who does. As their break up proved Amy has options Sheldon has none.

Well you see Amy's a nice person. So she doesn't manipulate Sheldon or threatens Sheldon regarding sex. And I believe she'll continue to do so, which is the whole point of my previous post. I think in 1011, the writers want to tell us Sheldon still has problems with physical intimacy. I also believe Amy is doing the right thing not initiating coitus.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well you see Amy's a nice person. So she doesn't manipulate Sheldon or threatens Sheldon regarding sex. And I believe she'll continue to do so, which is the whole point of my previous post. I think in 1011, the writers want to tell us Sheldon still has problems with physical intimacy. I also believe Amy is doing the right thing not initiating coitus.

Well was she nice when she try to manipulate him on the train episode? She certainly wasn't on there for the love of trains. Sheldon admitted the girlfriend/boyfriend was written to benefit him and he certainly did take advantage. I think it's time for payback. He's out of 4a and I don't think Lenny is gonna let him back. It seems to me he's no position to dictate.

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well was she nice when she try to manipulate him on the train episode? She certainly wasn't on there for the love of trains. Sheldon admitted the girlfriend/boyfriend was written to benefit him and he certainly did take advantage. I think it's time for payback. He's out of 4a and I don't think Lenny is gonna let him back. It seems to me he's no position to dictate.

He seems pretty happy in 4B with Amy.  They're redecorating in a way that suits them both, hosting guests for brunch, being quite settled in and domestic together.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

He seems pretty happy in 4B with Amy.  They're redecorating in a way that suits them both, hosting guests for brunch, being quite settled in and domestic together.  

For now.

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Not sure which train episode you're talking about here. But trying to trick Sheldon into a trip is different than manipulating Sheldon into sex. And history has proved Amy is respectful for Sheldon's choices enough to do the right thing on subjects as important as sex. 

As for the living arrangement, considering the writers' love for Sheldon, I really don't think it's up to Lenny to decide whether Sheldon is allowed in 4A. If the writers want more twist, Lenny will be throwing him a welcome party to have him back lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

For now.

Seems pretty permanent to me, bits of their belongings are now scattered throughout the apartment.  They eat dinner at the table, Sheldon works on his laptop on the couch, they seem pretty settled in.

• Like 4

It's Sheldon. Who knows he or the writers could wake up. And go hmmm. Maybe I gave up my spot too easily... Sorry I don't trust Sheldon or the show. Sheldons desk is still at 4A. I'm not sure I can suspend my disbelief. It all seems too perfect to be true.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, FileXxX said:

Who kisses their friends on the mouth?! What the hell is wrong with you?

I can see how Sheldon and Amy's kissing might look a little awkward, but they're not exactly experts in it. Also I believe it's the actor's choice whether they want to stuff their tongues into each other's throats or not. If they don't want to, they shouldn't. 

With Lenny it kinda depends on the situation. If it's just a peck, obviously they kiss with their mouths closed. If it's a little steamier, you can see them kiss with their mouths open. Not as extreme as in the S3 premiere, but they do. Whoever expects them to exchange spit whenever they kiss is watching too many movies.

I disagree. The actors are under contract and they should do whatever the director tells them to. If he/she tells them to kiss with tongue they very well should. They are under contract and as such should perform the tasks required of them in the way in which they are required.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

It's Sheldon. Who knows he or the writers could wake up. And go hmmm. Maybe I gave up my spot too easily... Sorry I don't trust Sheldon or the show. Sheldons desk is still at 4A. I'm not sure I can suspend my disbelief. It all seems too perfect to be true.

I agree that anything could happen. I expect they are staying on the forth floor of the same building..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't know if the desk is still in 4A (we haven't had a clear pic of 4A living room lately), but some of the stuff that were on that desk are now in 4B living room, so it's reasonable to think Sheldon has at least cleared it by now.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Totally agree, if we could have a kiss on a boat emerging after two years of silence, I think that the writers could make Sheldon go back to 4A anytime. After all, Molaro himself has said that it is Sheldon spot in the couch. 

• Like 5

That said. The change seems permanent .... For now muhahaha :icon_cheesygrin:

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

I disagree. The actors are under contract and they should do whatever the director tells them to. If he/she tells them to kiss with tongue they very well should. They are under contract and as such should perform the tasks required of them in the way in which they are required.

It's not Korea man LOL.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

Totally agree, if we could have a kiss on a boat emerging after two years of silence, I think that the writers could make Sheldon go back to 4A anytime. After all, Molaro himself has said that it is Sheldon spot in the couch. 

Sheldon sitting in the same spot when he is over there is very very different from moving back entirely.

I can't ever rule anything out with these writers, but I think the chances he ends up back in 4A with Lenny again are slim to none. Shamy would probably have to break up again and I don't think that will happen. If Lenny moved out of 4A into a new home, or if this conspiracy theory going around here that they are slowly being written out comes to pass I could see Shamy possibly end up in 4A.

The living changes have laid the foundations for a lot of creative license this season which the writers I believe have relished. And as far as I am aware in terms of tv critics and reviewers they have universally praised and applauded the decisions the writers made. To go back to the old arrangement would be a massive step back.

I am confident what we are seeing now will almost certainly still be the arrangement when the show finally ends.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, camelliayao said:

[ -- SNIP -- ]

As for the living arrangement, considering the writers' love for Sheldon, I really don't think it's up to Lenny to decide whether Sheldon is allowed in 4A. If the writers want more twist, Lenny will be throwing him a welcome party to have him back lol.

With way TPTB write Lenny and Sheldon, I really can see this too.

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

....Or Amy herself doesn't have all that high a sex drive. Higher than Sheldon's? Quite possibly. Not a high bar. But she was introduced taking coitus off the table. If sex had been that important to her she would have walked. Or after the breakup she would have HAD sex - as chrismo points out, she has options. She didn't. And after she and Sheldon had sex for the first time she cheerfully said 'works for me!'when Sheldon said 'can't wait for your birthday next year'. The only real excitement she betrayed was about participating in girl talk. In this season Sheldon was all but humping her leg in her place of work and she shot him down with a quickness - quite reasonably, might I add. And during the moving in discussion, SHE took coitus off the table explicitly saying that the whole cohabitation thing was new to her too. The whole picture is of someone who maybe, just maybe, isn't all that interested in hankius pankius herself.

I agree with this so much and I think it is a point that is missed by many.   I think the times where Amy had complained about the lack of physical intimacy in their relationship made people think she was a lot more sex crazy than she actually was.   I think a lot of it had to do with having the experience and of course falling in love with Sheldon.   But, I think people are equating her sex drive with what is considered "normal" when it's probably more likely that she is closer to Sheldon's that some people would like to admit.  I just think it is hard for people to wrap their mind people that have lower sex drives. 

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

....Or Amy herself doesn't have all that high a sex drive. Higher than Sheldon's? Quite possibly. Not a high bar. But she was introduced taking coitus off the table. If sex had been that important to her she would have walked. Or after the breakup she would have HAD sex - as chrismo points out, she has options. She didn't. And after she and Sheldon had sex for the first time she cheerfully said 'works for me!'when Sheldon said 'can't wait for your birthday next year'. The only real excitement she betrayed was about participating in girl talk. In this season Sheldon was all but humping her leg in her place of work and she shot him down with a quickness - quite reasonably, might I add. And during the moving in discussion, SHE took coitus off the table explicitly saying that the whole cohabitation thing was new to her too. The whole picture is of someone who maybe, just maybe, isn't all that interested in hankius pankius herself.

Well said.

I think in large part there is this misconception out there that Amy is a bit of a how should I put this a 'Nympho'. She clearly craved increasing levels of intimacy during their courtship and as they became closer and fell in love but she wasn't gagging for it 24/7. I just never bought into that notion at all.

I think you are right she probably does have a higher sex drive then Sheldon does, but through communication and discussion that is not a problem. I still think this whole new level of intimacy or new aspect of their relationship is still very new to them, they are still trying to come to terms with it and I am not sure anything is settled yet in regards to their actual sex drive. Sex drives can fluctuate btw, they are not set in stone.

I am confident they will find out what works for them and as long as they are happy that is all that matters.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

Agree with last three posts. The stereotype that a person is a normal one if they had a high sex drive is pure non sense. Happy relationships are not just about sex, it is one of the sides that made a complete  relationship between two people. And the interisting thing is there should be more people who has issues for having extreme high sex drives in  therapy than happens in reality because so much unhapiness would be avoid, especially for themselves, as everything should be in a balanced way in our lives.

About  Amy could be more alike with Sheldon in therms of sex drive makes sense. Only the "oposite" ( one being too much something/ one being less) is attracted in reality is not true many times. Many people has light differences that as much they bond, they reach a nice balance. Sheldon and Amy seem to be one of these cases imo.

Edited by spidergirl
Some setences improved
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon sitting in the same spot when he is over there is very very different from moving back entirely.

I can't ever rule anything out with these writers, but I think the chances he ends up back in 4A with Lenny again are slim to none. Shamy would probably have to break up again and I don't think that will happen. If Lenny moved out of 4A into a new home, or if this conspiracy theory going around here that they are slowly being written out comes to pass I could see Shamy possibly end up in 4A.

The living changes have laid the foundations for a lot of creative license this season which the writers I believe have relished. And as far as I am aware in terms of tv critics and reviewers they have universally praised and applauded the decisions the writers made. To go back to the old arrangement would be a massive step back.

I am confident what we are seeing now will almost certainly still be the arrangement when the show finally ends.

You are talking about Shamy right ? 

I haven't seen anything from Lennys point of view that relish the new living arrangement yet. 

• Like 2