Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Exactly because Amy works with brains all the time, she can get the romance behind the gift. Because she knows what orbitofrontal cortex is in charge of and what does that lighting up means:)

Exactly why he should find something non worked related and fun things that Amy likes as we have been told Shamy connection and communication is the best. He shouldn't have a problem romancing her with all his knowledge. Look, just didn't think the brain thing was romantic, not dissing your opinion, just my take on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:


Exactly why he should find something non worked related and fun things that Amy likes as we have been told Shamy connection and communication is the best. He shouldn't have a problem romancing her with all his knowledge. Look, just didn't think the brain thing was romantic, not dissing your opinion, just my take on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

It's Ok. I was just speaking my opinion and what most of my female friends feel about the gifts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Yeah, Shamy have always been like that. They have an absolutely touching/romantic moment, and then they ruin it by Sheldon saying something ridiculous. That's just the way TPTB writes the couple. I think it might be for comedy purpose.

I agree. Then it comes down to what you remember from the episode. In these instances the moment came first followed by ridiculous Sheldon. In my case I tend to remember what came last.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with April. Any  woman in love with Howard or Leonard would have found their gifts acceptable and romantic. Only Amy would have so much appreciated what Sheldon gave her. Granted, so many of Sheldon's gifts to Amy are about himself, ( not that the star pendant and the snowflake weren't a little about Howard and Leonard ) but they also show how much Sheldon 'gets'  how she feels about him and he knows what of him she would like to have. A scan of his brain when he's thinking of her no other partner would be so happy about. He knows she loves brains and he knows she loves him and would want to see his brain lit up when he thinks of her.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

It's Ok. I was just speaking my opinion and what most of my female friends feel about the gifts. 

Another two points that favor IMO Leonard and Howard over Sheldon:

1. Leonard will never be at the North Pole and Howard will never be in space again though Sheldon will have easy access to a MRI.

2. Leonard and Howard gave the gift for no specific reason. It wasn't a birthday gift or a Holiday gift they did it because they wanted to. Sheldon did it simply because it was for her birthday. He could of given her that at anytime.

Do you and your friends want a gift more out of obligation or just because a significant other wanted to give you a gift?

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I agree with April. Any  woman in love with Howard or Leonard would have found their gifts acceptable and romantic. Only Amy would have so much appreciated what Sheldon gave her. Granted, so many of Sheldon's gifts to Amy are about himself, ( not that the star pendant and the snowflake weren't a little about Howard and Leonard ) but they also show how much Sheldon 'gets'  how she feels about him and he knows what of him she would like to have. A scan of his brain when he's thinking of her no other partner would be so happy about. He knows she loves brains and he knows she loves him and would want to see his brain lit up when he thinks of her.

See above. The only thing I might add is he could of gave that gift years ago.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

 

Do you and your friends want a gift more out of obligation or just because a significant other wanted to give you a gift?

 

I don't think gifts are out of obligation just because they're for special occasions. And even if it's out of obligation, I still find Sheldon's MRI more romantic, sorry. A snowflake from the north pole and a necklace that once went to space are like plots from second-rate romance novels TBH. And I've watched way too many kdramas to find those things romantic. Like I said, just my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

A snowflake from the north pole [...] are like plots from second-rate romance novels TBH.

The snowflake is one the Lenny symbols.

And have I missed something? Is this a competition?

Edited by luminous
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, luminous said:

Hey, don't diss the snowflake. It's one the Lenny symbols.

And have I missed something? Is this a competition?

I said to JMO. I think I have a right to say what I feel about Leonard's gift. 

There isn't a competition, just me saying I prefer Sheldon's gift and don't find Leonard's gift romantic. Have no idea why that's considered dissing.

Edited by camelliayao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I said to JMO. I think I have a right to say what I feel about Leonard's gift. 

There isn't a competition, just me saying I prefer Sheldon's gift and don't find Leonard's gift romantic. Have no idea why that's considered dissing.

It kinda is. Your diminishing Leonard's gift. Msybe your his saying I prefer this. But the snowflake for a lot of Lennys. Is the hallmark of their relationship. So expect a reaction. And per usual everything Sheldon does is good. How is Leonard giving Penny a snowflake from the North Pole. Not romantic? I don't know what your definition of romantic is. But that's very romantic. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea how expressing my personal preference of the gifts would mean questioning the love between the couples. Besides I thought this is the discussion thread and we are allowed to question the love between couples.

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

It kinda is. Your diminishing Leonard's gift. Msybe your his saying I prefer this. But the snowflake for a lot of Lennys. Is the hallmark of their relationship. So expect a reaction. And per usual everything Sheldon does is good. How is Leonard giving Penny a snowflake from the North Pole. Not romantic? I don't know what your definition of romantic is. But that's very romantic. 

And why is it not Ok to diminish Leonard's gift? This is the discussion thread. I'm not saying anything bad about the actors. I just don't find that plot romantic. How is it any different than we complaining about a storyline or some episode? The gift is a plot written by the writers. And why does it have anything to do with whether or not the snowflake is a hallmark of Lenny's? I never said Lenny fans should stop believing that. I prefer Sheldon's. I find the snowflake and the necklace plots cliche, that's all.

Edited by camelliayao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we cut to the chase and admit that some would find Sheldon's gift to Amy to have been the most romantic gesture of all time if he gave her a stick he picked up out of the yard....

Basically y'all have spent the evening going..  

Did so, did not, did so, did not, did so, did not, did so, did not, did so to infinity,  neener neener, etc...

And no one is going to change their opinion on this

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The need to find another human being to share ones life with has always puzzled me. Maybe because I'm so interesting on my own."  Sheldon Cooper 

Since this was season 5, and dating Amy, he gave the gift of a MRI of himself in season 10 I'm not sure why people would think it's all about him and not a romantic gift. 

People may believe the snowflake and necklace may be cliche but at least their believable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, luminous said:

Yeah, the official synopsis from CBS doesn't include one single word about Leonard and Penny's Christmas tree experience. :icon_rolleyes:

Yes well in this case one of the mothers is involved and she is in Texas.

Edited by djsurrey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never said it wasn't sweet, just not romantic.@wowbagger.I'm sure my gf will love it especially with some lights wrapped around it that highlights the width and length.. It will be the most romantic gift ever. I don't think a brain scan is a romantic gift and Amy is the only girl that will find it romantic. Give me a break. Like I said Amy is a tool for Sheldon. The writer's will make her love anything Sheldon gives her no matter how bad, distasteful or disrespectful it is. As we have seen time after time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

The writer's will make her love anything Sheldon gives her no matter how bad, distasteful or disrespectful it is. As we have seen time after time.

Actually, Amy isn't shy to complain about gifts she didn't care for. The mushroom log wasn't a hit with her and neither was the DVD of one of his lectures.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

All I said is that the snowflake is of great importance for Lenny shippers.

It's not about your comment, Martin. Someone else started the "diminishing" stuff.

I know you're feeling defensive for your home team but if it's not about you then it's not about you. No one is attacking you personally or your opinions as far as I can see.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.