In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Does Bernadette want to stay in research that can harm the pregnancy ? 

I'm happy about some focus on the "social" aspects of Bernie's pregnancy, how the news would have been taken at her workplace, maternity leave, working on possibly dangerous projects, stuff like that. Maybe, I'm a bit surprised this came up so early in the season, but it's believable she didn't want to spill the beans before her bump was evident. I don't know if this is the case, but it could be that she was going to be in charge of some  important researches (not necessarily an hazard for her pregnancy) and she was scared her bosses could decide to entrust the project to somebody else which is not going to be busy with a baby in few months. I've seen that happening in RL...

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I'm happy about some focus on the "social" aspects of Bernie's pregnancy, how the news would have been taken at her workplace, maternity leave, working on possibly dangerous projects, stuff like that. Maybe, I'm a bit surprised this came up so early in the season, but it's believable she didn't want to spill the beans before her bump was evident. I don't know if this is the case, but it could be that she was going to be in charge of some  important researches (not necessarily an hazard for her pregnancy) and she was scared her bosses could decide to entrust the project to somebody else which is not going to be busy with a baby in few months. I've seen that happening in RL...

Phew ! That makes sense, especially as she wants to carry on working and is intending to be the breadwinner.

4 hours ago, April said:

Thank you!

They're really cramming the whole family drama / wedding stuff into one episode? Oh boy... They better ace their time management with this one!

So I'm guessing the table flipping won't start for another week then. Nice.

:drinks:

• Like 4

Penny's line Does Leonard even like Lemon Slice. You tell us Penny, he is your husband. First his birthday, now this lol. And Leonard, French Toast only thing keeping Penny in this marrage lol. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean this is susposed to be after 10x01, so if we presume their is a re do. I guess that is the problem with shooting the 2nd before the 1st. Everything is premeditated. Maybe ppl at the taping can provide some more context. but prob why i dont usually read TR, too vague, Lines and scenes always play out differently. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Are there regulations in the US about when an employer has to be informed of proposed maternity leave ?

Federal regulations require that you give the employer at least 30 days notice before you plan to take your leave, but state regulations can vary.  

Obviously, for a normal pregnancy, your employer will probably know you are pregnant before your 8th month.

• Like 1

Thanks and Kev!

So, a typical TBBT episode. The girls' plot sounds interesting...The boys'...*yawn*

Pity that Amy is barely in it though...I guess that every time her or Bernie get a major plot the other one will have to disappear. I'll have more to say about her interactions with P/B after I watch the ep.

Since the AF dude was one of the two plots in this ep, I'm going to assume that there will be a small introductory scene for him in 10.1 and then another one in 10.3 as a way to close his arc.

I hope that the premiere has a bit of Shamy, even if just a teeny tiny bit (they will be at an event together, after all).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me if Penny's living in 4A they shouldn't show her in 4B with Bernadette. At least there was no scene of Lenny standing in the 4A kitchen.

Lenny has been living in both places. Penny still probably likes to relax with the Posse in her digs. Hopefully the living arrangements will finally change this season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bbtfan07 said:

Lenny has been living in both places. Penny still probably likes to relax with the Posse in her digs. Hopefully the living arrangements will finally change this season.

My memory is fuzzy. When has Leonard been living over there?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny's line Does Leonard even like Lemon Slice. You tell us Penny, he is your husband. First his birthday, now this lol. And Leonard, French Toast only thing keeping Penny in this marrage lol. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean this is susposed to be after 10x01, so if we presume their is a re do. I guess that is the problem with shooting the 2nd before the 1st. Everything is premeditated. Maybe ppl at the taping can provide some more context. Cheers Kerry, but prob why i dont usually read TR, too vague, Lines and scenes always play out differently. 

Not only has Penny been married to Leonard over a year, but she has also been in a relationship with him for several years before the marriage. I found it to be totally unrealistic that Penny doesn´t know if Leonard likes lemon or not. Really poor writing in my mind.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic