[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bbtfan07 said:

Lenny has been living in both places. Penny still probably likes to relax with the Posse in her digs. Hopefully the living arrangements will finally change this season.

Penny has been living in both places. When has Leonard been living here?

1 hour ago, veejay said:

What? Well, you know...when? Hmm, what t.f.....:icon_cheesygrin:

n_0069.gif

Middle of season 8. And Sheldon was there. Flashback creepiness?

• Like 2

Great report, thanks for writing is up, and remembering so many details!

Sounds like a fairly typical TBBT episode, at least the kind we've gotten used to the past few years, which are a tiny bit meaner to me than the earlier seasons. I hate seeing Bernie and Penny fight, and I'm glad that they made up in the end. Sheldon sounds like he is up to his usual tricks, and I hope that Amy and Raj are going to have more to do this season than sort of revolve around their friends.

I am glad Bernie got the project. Seeing the boys have a plot revolving around science while the girls have a plot revolving around gossip and in-fighting isn't necessarily my favorite. Crossing my fingers we'll see more of Amy, if not Bernie, get into some science projects of their own. Well, except Molaro said something about her working on mice orgasms? Maybe I should retract that; not sure I want to see Amy expressing jealousy towards furry little rodents.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Lionne said:

Maybe I should retract that; not sure I want to see Amy expressing jealousy towards furry little rodents.

You know the writers won't be able to resist those type of comments. 

• Like 5

On August 17, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Lionne said:

Great report, thanks for writing is up, and remembering so many details!

Sounds like a fairly typical TBBT episode, at least the kind we've gotten used to the past few years, which are a tiny bit meaner to me than the earlier seasons. I hate seeing Bernie and Penny fight, and I'm glad that they made up in the end. Sheldon sounds like he is up to his usual tricks, and I hope that Amy and Raj are going to have more to do this season than sort of revolve around their friends.

I am glad Bernie got the project. Seeing the boys have a plot revolving around science while the girls have a plot revolving around gossip and in-fighting isn't necessarily my favorite. Crossing my fingers we'll see more of Amy, if not Bernie, get into some science projects of their own. Well, except Molaro said something about her working on mice orgasms? Maybe I should retract that; not sure I want to see Amy expressing jealousy towards furry little rodents.

With Raj missing the other men he'll probably hang around Amy's lab and lunch table more.

• Like 1

Thank you I always love to hear the perspective of the people who saw the taping, because I feel it helps give a clearer picture to the mood and tone (as its hard to do through text, but great detailed report BTW) A fun light-hearted assemble episode.

Also, I like that the dispute with the girls wasn't just gossip and lies, it was much deeper than that. It was Bernadette worried about her career, I'm sure it's not easy being a woman in the sciences (especially a tiny high-pitched voice one like her) and to then have people know you're pregnant, (remember in 9x22 when she was sick of being seen as "Bernadette the Pregnant") I like that the show hasn't forgotten that she's a career woman, she wanted this project bad. It made sense for her to blow up like she did. This wasn't a petty argument, and it's not like Penny did it to hurt her either, it just slipped out. 

Additionally, I'm excited for our boys! I really want to see where this goes. Bernadette's new project, the boy's gyroscope, Amy's possible mice experiment and Penny's rumored career change...if last season was (more or less) the season of relationships, then this one seems to be the season of careers! I can't begin to explain how excited I am for this new season! :yahoo:

(now what to do with Raj...) 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Not only has Penny been married to Leonard over a year, but she has also been in a relationship with him for several years before the marriage. I found it to be totally unrealistic that Penny doesn´t know if Leonard likes lemon or not. Really poor writing in my mind.

And yeah asking Sheldon if he likes Lemon, sure Sheldon has lived with him for years. But Pennys known Leonard, and prob knows him more intimatly then Sheldon does. So its anyones guess if Leonard likes Lemon or not lol. It's not worth flipping tables over hahaha. I don't blame Penny I don't think this is oh Penny does not appreciate Leonard. But I agree once again we have inconsistent and unrealistic writing. I mean hell Bernadette prob can tell you if Leonard likes lime or not. When Leonard knows Penny's birth spot, or her sign, or where she grew up. And Penny does not know if the love of her life likes lime or not lol. It is just stupid writing, and I really hope this is just a one off this season.  But i guess its a recurring theme in the writing since S8. They need Sheldon to be in scenes with Penny, not Leonard. As they need to keep reinforcing the idea that Sheldon is the main character, therefore compromising any potential Lenny scenes. He needs 90% of the screen time. So nothing has changed their.  I mean at the end of S9, they showed they are capable of Penny going to Leonard, and having great Leonard and Penny scenes without Enhancing it with Sheldon. And they were great, they carried alot of scenes just them. I hope this Sheldon needing to be in every scene, is only a one off. Because they were in a good place, and got the balance right in 9x24. Of course it well probably play out differently on screen, it always does. 

ETA: It just dawned on me, of course Penny knows Leonard likes Lemon or not. The Lime Kiss Scene!!! Are they that Lazy. Sure technically it was lime, but lime lemon whats the difference haha.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny's line Does Leonard even like Lemon Slice. You tell us Penny, he is your husband. First his birthday, now this lol. And Leonard, French Toast only thing keeping Penny in this marrage lol. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean this is susposed to be after 10x01, so if we presume their is a re do. I guess that is the problem with shooting the 2nd before the 1st. Everything is premeditated. Maybe ppl at the taping can provide some more context. Cheers Kerry, but prob why i dont usually read TR, too vague, Lines and scenes always play out differently. 

4 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Not only has Penny been married to Leonard over a year, but she has also been in a relationship with him for several years before the marriage. I found it to be totally unrealistic that Penny doesn´t know if Leonard likes lemon or not. Really poor writing in my mind.

This doesn't strike me as odd or unrealistic at all. I've been with my hubby for 7 years, married for 3, and I couldn't tell you if he likes lemon bars (or even lemon pie). I would assume he does as there isn't much he doesn't like, but I don't think I've ever seen him eat either food.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ashleyo85 said:

This doesn't strike me as odd or unrealistic at all. I've been with my hubby for 7 years, married for 3, and I couldn't tell you if he likes lemon bars (or even lemon pie). I would assume he does as there isn't much he doesn't like, but I don't think I've ever seen him eat either food.

Well I can see your argument.  TO me it is more the inconsistent writing. Does Leonard even like Lime, I mean just my opinion but I found that line kinda off. Like Penny could of said I don't think Leonard even likes Lime. Or Sheldon do you think Leonard even likes lime? But Does DOES, it is almost she woulden't know either way. IT is not a character issue. I just think it is pretty stupid writing, but that is just me. I mean I do agree the line is not unrealistic, I never actually used those words though lol. Just from a writing stand point. If anyone knows Leonard likes lime its his Wife. Asking Sheldon to, who does not know too. Just seemed a chance to give sheldon more screen time. JMO. No big deal, just think its poor writing.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ashleyo85 said:

I agree.

• Like 2

On August 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM, 3ku11 said:

Penny's line Does Leonard even like Lemon Slice. You tell us Penny, he is your husband. First his birthday, now this lol.

With regard to the birthday it has been revealed that that bit was based on one of the writers experiences so it can happen. That it was unusual made it fodder for a comedy.

• Like 5

Hello again everyone, I'm back from silently lurking around because I didn't have anything to contribute... Now, thank you what a wonderful taping report with all the behind the scenes info, you did an amazing job remembering all of it and sharing it with us, thanks so much again!:-)

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

It does not even say if Penny knows or does not know if Leonard likes them. The fact she asks Sheldon if he knows could imply she thinks he does not like them.

With regard to the birthday it has been relieved that that bit was based on one of the writers experiences so it can happen. That it was unusual made it fodder for a comedy.

OR it could imply she has no idea, so she is asking Sheldon for verification. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

And yeah asking Sheldon if he likes Lemon, sure Sheldon has lived with him for years. But Pennys known Leonard, and prob knows him more intimatly then Sheldon does. So its anyones guess if Leonard likes Lemon or not lol. It's not worth flipping tables over hahaha. I don't blame Penny I don't think this is oh Penny does not appreciate Leonard. But I agree once again we have inconsistent and unrealistic writing. I mean hell Bernadette prob can tell you if Leonard likes lime or not. When Leonard knows Penny's birth spot, or her sign, or where she grew up. And Penny does not know if the love of her life likes lime or not lol. It is just stupid writing, and I really hope this is just a one off this season.  But i guess its a recurring theme in the writing since S8. They need Sheldon to be in scenes with Penny, not Leonard. As they need to keep reinforcing the idea that Sheldon is the main character, therefore compromising any potential Lenny scenes. He needs 90% of the screen time. So nothing has changed their.  I mean at the end of S9, they showed they are capable of Penny going to Leonard, and having great Leonard and Penny scenes without Enhancing it with Sheldon. And they were great, they carried alot of scenes just them. I hope this Sheldon needing to be in every scene, is only a one off. Because they were in a good place, and got the balance right in 9x24. Of course it well probably play out differently on screen, it always does. 

ETA: It just dawned on me, of course Penny knows Leonard likes Lemon or not. The Lime Kiss Scene!!! Are they that Lazy. Sure technically it was lime, but lime lemon whats the difference haha.

vlcsnap-2016-08-18-10h25m34s50.jpg

Has anyone even watched season eight? :icon_lol: Leonard is eating a lemon bar in 8.06, but he also says "I usually don't like lemon bars, but these are really good". To me it's completely reasonable that Penny questioned it.

1 hour ago, FileXxX said:

vlcsnap-2016-08-18-10h25m34s50.jpg

Has anyone even watched season eight? :icon_lol: Leonard is eating a lemon bar in 8.06, but he also says "I usually don't like lemon bars, but these are really good". To me it's completely reasonable that Penny questioned it.

Then why did Penny ask the Question? She never questioned it. I don't think that scene is applicable. As if Penny knew about Leonard's indifference to Lemon Bars lol. Seeing she already knew Leonard liked them. So why would she question it? IT just seemed a weird line to me thats all.  The logic being that Penny is justified in questioning Leonard liking Lemon. Based in him tasting it a year ago, and liking it. I don't really agree with. I mean if he tasted it and spat it out, Penny is right to Question if Leonard likes lime or not. But seeing he diddn't, why diddn't Penny go Oh yeah Leonard likes those. Just me, line is a bit weird. 

Edited by 3ku11

This sounds basically..fine. I agree with Lio that the 'boys get science plot, girls get some plot related to wine/gossip' is tiresome.

But I, like mirs, do like that Bernie was allowed to talk about her fears about being taken seriously in the workplace and how pregnancy might affect her career. And I liked Amy's scientific curiosity about Penny's mid-freakout mind.* I would MUCH rather that were Amy's plot rather than mice orgasms and, as lio dreads, envy about their relative states of sexual satisfaction (ugh please no).

*Passing the Bechdel test, represent!

ETA: Although there was a hormones joke, because of course. Sigh.

ETA: Oh and also, thanks foe the report Hope you had fun!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, wowbagger said:

This sounds basically..fine. I agree with Lio that the 'boys get science plot, girls get some plot related to wine/gossip' is tiresome.

I don't know what they are going to do with Penny? The girls will do Penny stuff but is Penny going to do science stuff? Penny is in every episode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I don't know what they are going to do with Penny? The girls will do Penny stuff but is Penny going to do science stuff? Penny is in every episode.

This, it's possible she could go visit Amy or Bernadette when they are doing some science work, like Amy is doing her mice experiment and Penny is having lunch with her or something. But an actual science plot seems unrealistic for her character. Even Solder Excursion wasn't that big a thing really it was more about the guys going to see Suicide squad and Raj trying to bust them for it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Sure, but Penny doesn't have to be DOING the science for it to be a science, or career, plot. Amy and Bernie could collaborate on that addiction study of Amy's. They could get really excited about some product and Penny could start out bored and flippant but wind up getting freaked out by the ethical implications of the research. Amy and Bernie have shown themselves to be somewhat...mad scientist-esque, after all. One of Bernie's products could need an ad campaign for which Penny might be interested in auditioning (a career plot, though not a science plot). Amy could want to peek into Penny's brain. Again. Those ideas are career things, rather than wine and gossip things. And they are just off the top of my head.

Also, the girls aren't joined at the hip. They could have plots apart from each other. The plots could even be non-romantic mixed genders plots! With unusual pairings like in Scavenger. Nothing stopping the show from doing a wine-and-gossip plot with Penny, Howard and Raj. While e.g. Leonard and Amy have a plot and Sheldon and Bernie have one. Could happen. Probably won't, but could.

ETA: Forgot what a tomboy Penny can be! Would love to.see a return of some of that.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 9

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic