[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

Why do they need him to write it down?   Are Leonard and Penny incapable of doing it themselves?  I guess they must be.   I suppose they could just talk about what they think might work.  Oh, no, can't do that.  

It's better to involve someone else, who is a non-professional in your relationship, than work it out yourself.  But I understand it.  Sheldon is now the guy that can fix relationships.  He's a relationship guru.  All you need is give him your ideas and have him write it up for you.   

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It's better to involve someone else, who is a non-professional in your relationship, than work it out yourself.  But I understand it.  Sheldon is now the guy that can fix relationships.  He's a relationship guru.  All you need is give him your ideas and have him write it up for you.   

All we know is that he wrote it down. Nothing ever suggested that he's working out their problems and setting the rules they have to succumb to. And honestly, knowing these two very well (IMO), they'd never let that happen. If you think this effectively turns Lenny into Shamy 2.0, fine, you'll have to live with that.

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So you're saying Lenny is too stupid to do that themselves?

I'm not saying that. Are you saying it's wrong to ask a friend for help?

No, you convinced me.  Leonard and Penny are too stupid to be able to work this out by themselves.  They obviously can't just sit and talk to each other about it.  It has to be laid out for them, so they know what to do.  Best to tell Sheldon about their problems, so he can write it down for them (obviously they can't, right?).  And now their living with him for over a year while married makes sense.  He was what was keeping them together.  Look how they fell apart when he left.  They had to crawl back to him, to lay out their ideas for them.  

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Of course it did.  Didn't they have to go to him, so they could get the romance back in their lives?  They never had to do that when they were living with him.  

They certainly didn't have to, but that's what they decided to do.

18 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

All we know is that he wrote it down. Nothing ever suggested that he's working out their problems and setting the rules they have to succumb to. And honestly, knowing these two very well (IMO), they'd never let that happen. If you think this effectively turns Lenny into Shamy 2.0, fine, you'll have to live with that.

I'm not saying that. Are you saying it's wrong to ask a friend for help?

Wrote what down?  knowing these Two people so well I never thought theymwould get their own RA.

is it wrong to help for ask a friend for help? If you need help moving furniture no. You already mention that they have the idea how to rekindle the romance. Write it down. If you can't do that it seems you have bigger problems than rekindling the romance. If you need actual relationship advice I wouldn't be asking Sheldon.

Edited by Chrismo

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Of course it did.  Didn't they have to go to him, so they could get the romance back in their lives?  They never had to do that when they were living with him.  

Perhaps Sheldon as the common irritant helps weld them together.

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

If you need actual relationship advice I wouldn't be asking Sheldon.

Does it hurt to give it a try? If it doesn't work, they can still ditch it. I don't see the problem.

Just now, djsurrey said:

Perhaps Sheldon as the common irritant helps weld them together.

Evidently.  Eight episodes after he moves out, they fight for three straight episodes, and they need him to write a relationship agreement.  Something the've made fun of for years.  But heh, if you can't write something down and talk about if for yourself, tell a friend what you want and have them do it for you.

3 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Does it hurt to give it a try? If it doesn't work, they can still ditch it. I don't see the problem.

You stated earlier in this thread that their fighting was what normal married couples do and it was no big deal. Now it appears you're admitting their having some marriage issues and it's okay to get advice from Sheldon.

does it hurt to give it a try? Probably since Sheldon will have no problem telling everyone he gave relationship advice to Lenny.

Just now, Chrismo said:

You stated earlier in this thread that their fighting was what normal married couples do and it was no big deal.

Right.

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Now it appears you're admitting their having some marriage issues and it's okay to get advice from Sheldon.

Right, they're having some issues, just like any other married couple at some point. It's basically the same thing I said earlier. I didn't "admit" anything.

7 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

This. If Leonard and Penny can't solve their problems on their own (and evidently they can't), I'd rather have them go to Bernadette and Howard. 

Right, because Howard and Bernadette's marriage is flawless like a polished diamond, as we could see in episode 8.06 where they went to them for advice.

Just now, FileXxX said:

Right, because Howard and Bernadette's marriage is flawless like a polished diamond, as we could see in episode 8.06 where they went to them for advice.

Did I say their marriage was flawless? I don't believe I did. But I'd rather have Lenny ask them for relationship advice than Sheldon. Always.

13 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Not sure what this has to do with Howard and Bernadette. Yes Lenny went to them. But I never recall Howardette going to Sheldon. 

But in Lennys case. In Cannon They hdve both openly mocked the concept of a RA in the past. So while I agree with the idea of a RA. In the case of Lenny I don't think it's appropriate or necessary. As it is, it seems like it is a Throwaway gag. Theirs only one thing to do. I can accept this is a joke. But after previous episodes.

Of Sheldon is now a sex expert. Now He's apparently a relationship expert.  I mean if I was Leonard or Penny. Apart from dealing with this pain in a ass on a daily basis for a decade. I finnally got rid of the guy. I don't know about anyone else. But Sheldon and RA would be last resort. It reeks of desperation. Are Lenny that bad? No. Is Howardette perfect? No. Is Sheldon a relationship expert? No. Are we going crazy? YES lol. All this new Cannon, replacing earlier Cannon. Hell even s7 Cannon. Is just confusing me. I can't suspend my disbelief anymore.

Edited by 3ku11