[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Thank you for giving us your opinion because i think imo most of us lennys can't comprehend what tptb are trying to do to lenny

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No problem.  I know it sucks and sucks doubly cause they keep doing this but not really going anywhere productive with it but hopefully there's a point to it all somewhere on the horizon.

• Like 9

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

No problem.  I know it sucks and sucks doubly cause they keep doing this but not really going anywhere productive with it but hopefully there's a point to it all somewhere on the horizon.

I think penny will want a separation from leonard because in the past when ever she was uncomfortable with something leonard did she would stop talking to him and kind from hide him

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think penny will want a separation from leonard because in the past when ever she was uncomfortable with something leonard did she would stop talking to him and kind from hide him

I really don't think it will go that far.  I mean that would just be ridiculous at this point.  I mean if it helps (although even as I type that I know its the smallest of silver linings) they're seen as happy again by the end of the episode while signing that RA.... until the next episode where they trigger another fight.  I think I can only say with any certainty hold on to your rollercoaster bar at this point cause I don't know where they're taking this and the next two episodes are very much an up and down ride for them.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

I really don't think it will go that far.  I mean that would just be ridiculous at this point.  I mean if it helps (although even as I type that I know its the smallest of silver linings) they're seen as happy again by the end of the episode while signing that RA.... until the next episode where they trigger another fight.  I think I can only say with any certainty hold on to your rollercoaster bar at this point cause I don't know where they're taking this and the next two episodes are very much an up and down ride for them.

So where is she going to go since she lost her apartment to Shamy? Help out with the baby at Howard's? She's going to stay with Howard Wolowitz's family?

40 minutes ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

Ok I'll weigh in but try not to shoot the messenger.  

The way Mayim and Co. are advertising this episode is not off the mark.  The episode does play off as Penny is envious of the Shamy relationship because they make a point of highlighting all episode (in front of Penny) how happy Shamy is, how many great things Sheldon does for Amy and vice versa.  

Thanks for the additional info. I know Shamy are acting all lovey dovey in front of them, but does that automatically make Penny jealous of their relationship? I mean, unless Penny is pointing out these differences or clearly states she's jealous, I tend to believe otherwise.

A marriage break or separation would be a really heavy subject which I don't see them doing. It's easy in a show to break up boyfriend and girlfriend for a while but a marriage? Nah I don't see it not in this show. I know one could argue it would be addressing a real life issue that does happen to couples, but I sincerely hope they don't go down that route as it wouldn't be right for this show even though their courtship at times has been volatile.

Lorre should be saving the heavier stuff like that for his Mom show.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Thanks for the additional info. I know Shamy are acting all lovey dovey in front of them, but does that automatically make Penny jealous of their relationship? I mean, unless Penny is pointing out these differences or clearly states she's jealous, I tend to believe otherwise.

You seemed to want more proof. You got it and you still disagree. Since Penny didn't say I love you till season 6 did than mean  she didn't Love Leonard. It seems to me the proof is she's willing to have an RA she use to make fun of.

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

A marriage break or separation would be a really heavy subject which I don't see them doing. It's easy in a show to break up boyfriend and girlfriend for a while but a marriage? Nah I don't see it not in this show. I know one could argue it would be addressing a real life issue that does happen to couples, but I sincerely hope they don't go down that route as it wouldn't be right for this show even though their courtship at times has been volatile.

Lorre should be saving the heavier stuff like that for his Mom show.

There is a better chance of breaking up Shamy again.

Edited by Chrismo

1 hour ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

The way Mayim and Co. are advertising this episode is not off the mark.  The episode does play off as Penny is envious of the Shamy relationship because they make a point of highlighting all episode (in front of Penny) how happy Shamy is, how many great things Sheldon does for Amy and vice versa.  Its very intentionally acted and very intentionally scripted.  This is EXACTLY the feel they were going for.  They contrast the dynamic of the two couples pretty much most of the episode, I'm guessing to make the Lenny drama part more plausible?  Cause I'm not gonna lie, even me as a Shamy shipper felt it was coming out of nowhere for Penny to be all mopey and complaining Leonard doesn't try enough but they hammer it home with examples all episode to support that yes, that's how she feels.  Penny does lament that she's unhappy that Leonard isn't trying enough, not like he used to meanwhile she's asking the girls and they both weigh in with examples.  Bernadette weighs in with examples of longer married stuff and that its ok Penny will get used to the shift and on the flip side you have Shamy who are in their lovey dovey phase which isn't helping Penny feel any better.

The orginal TR did reflect that but its not an exageration, that's how it plays.

That being said.... I still feel (and this is just my two cents) that this argument was out of the blue and not justified.  I have a real issue with the idea that Leonard suddenly doesn't try enough when all the guy has ever done is chase and woo this girl.  So to me, it bothers me and I feel for Leonard (despite all the set up they try to throw in there to make you feel Penny has a point).  And I'm super happy that at one point in their initial argument he does stand up for himself and refute her claim he isn't trying.

This will be a weird episode for you all, I'm not gonna lie.   It still feels to me that the fight isn't justified, and that's coming from a non Lenny, know what I mean?

Thanks Caffeine  I understand better why the RA is in there.   Shamy is all happy and lovey.  Lenny is fighting and angry.  I like how you point out exactly what they are shooting for and how if feels.   It's almost like they are doing this because Shamy has an RA, so Lenny figures an RA is what they need to be happy.   I still don't like it, I still think it's wildly OOC. And I like it even less that they are doing a compare and contrast between the two relationships, especially with Lenny fighting.  

Oh, and no, it's not your fault the TPTB evidently have zero respect for the Lenny couple at this point.  So, thanks for the info, and I'll aim my darts are TPTB.  I'll also say, this is consistent with what my Long Island connection told me the night of the taping, as far as how bad this is going to be. 

One question for you.  You say the fight doesn't feel justified.  Is it something like Penny supporting Sheldon on the roommate meeting back in "Viewing Party"?   That came out of left field, and seemed so weird, and it wasn't really resolved.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

You seemed to want more proof. You got it and you still disagree. Since Penny didn't say I love you till season 6 did than mean  she didn't Love Leonard. It seems to me the proof is she's willing to have an RA she use to make fun of.

There is a better chance of breaking up Shamy again.

Like I said it's easier to break up a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship for a while than a marriage. I hope no couple breaks up/again between now and the end of the show. I am confident we won't see any of that again, relationships possibly going through a rough patch and issues to resolve? Sure, but not a full break up.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Mayim tweets something, the person who was there who you asked for more detail confirms it and adds more detail to back it up, and you still won't accept it?

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at another user.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Thanks Caffeine  I understand better why the RA is in there.   Shamy is all happy and lovey.  Lenny is fighting and angry.  I like how you point out exactly what they are shooting for and how if feels.   It's almost like they are doing this because Shamy has an RA, so Lenny figures an RA is what they need to be happy.   I still don't like it, I still think it's wildly OOC. And I like it even less that they are doing a compare and contrast between the two relationships, especially with Lenny fighting.  

Oh, and no, it's not your fault the TPTB evidently have zero respect for the Lenny couple at this point.  So, thanks for the info, and I'll aim my darts are TPTB.  I'll also say, this is consistent with what my Long Island connection told me the night of the taping, as far as how bad this is going to be. 

One question for you.  You say the fight doesn't feel justified.  Is it something like Penny supporting Sheldon on the roommate meeting back in "Viewing Party"?   That came out of left field, and seemed so weird, and it wasn't really resolved.  

Its weird to me this fight yes.  Its especially weird to me that Penny is suddenly claiming Leonard isn't trying when again, all he's ever done is try to make her happy.  The guy has consistently done cartwheels for her so the fact that she's now claiming he's not doing cartwheels for her all the time feels petty and petulant coming from her?  Like I could get if they had built this up more over the season (and yes I guess you could count that one comment from him earlier this season "I'm married I don't have to try" anymore), but generally that isn't the story we've seen up til now.  If anything its been the opposite: Penny has consistently this season shown disreguard for Leonard and his likes (hiding his stuff, the redecoration of their bedroom into a fluffy pink and purple nightmare, inviting her brother over without once talking about it in the next one).  So when I say it feels unjustified, I'm coming from that angle.  When she starts complaining your gut reaction is "wtf.... that's a bit rich coming from you there princess".

I don't know.  It feels so wrong that she's even having at him on this front.  Especially this front.  I know its a phase married couples go through, but its out of left field for Penny on this one.  So yes in essence, its kind of out of left field like her supporting the roommate agreement but sadly I don't find its out of character for Penny based off how they've been writing her this season.

• Like 3

Not to change the subject and this could change momentarily but the facts we have on the taping

the colonial on. The babys on. Stuarts on. Shamy is at a railroad museum. Not sure if this sounds like VD episode.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I get where she's coming from, because I know they are pointing out the differences regarding romance and Penny may want as much romance as Shamy have, but does that mean she's jealous of their relationship or does that make her say this is how the ideal relationship should look like? I don't think so. 

I appreciate the report a lot, don't get me wrong, but after all, this is still just @CaffeineBuzz's observation and I prefer to take reports with a grain of salt and make my own observation when the episode airs.

1 hour ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

The way Mayim and Co. are advertising this episode is not off the mark.  The episode does play off as Penny is envious of the Shamy relationship because they make a point of highlighting all episode (in front of Penny) how happy Shamy is, how many great things Sheldon does for Amy and vice versa.  Its very intentionally acted and very intentionally scripted.  This is EXACTLY the feel they were going for.  They contrast the dynamic of the two couples pretty much most of the episode, I'm guessing to make the Lenny drama part more plausible?  Cause I'm not gonna lie, even me as a Shamy shipper felt it was coming out of nowhere for Penny to be all mopey and complaining Leonard doesn't try enough but they hammer it home with examples all episode to support that yes, that's how she feels.  Penny does lament that she's unhappy that Leonard isn't trying enough, not like he used to meanwhile she's asking the girls and they both weigh in with examples.  Bernadette weighs in with examples of longer married stuff and that its ok Penny will get used to the shift and on the flip side you have Shamy who are in their lovey dovey phase which isn't helping Penny feel any better.

The orginal TR did reflect that but its not an exageration, that's how it plays.

That being said.... I still feel (and this is just my two cents) that this argument was out of the blue and not justified.  I have a real issue with the idea that Leonard suddenly doesn't try enough when all the guy has ever done is chase and woo this girl.  So to me, it bothers me and I feel for Leonard (despite all the set up they try to throw in there to make you feel Penny has a point).  And I'm super happy that at one point in their initial argument he does stand up for himself and refute her claim he isn't trying.

This will be a weird episode for you all, I'm not gonna lie.   It still feels to me that the fight isn't justified, and that's coming from a non Lenny, know what I mean?

Thanks CaffeineBuzz.  Both you and @kerrycec03 have been very forthcoming and honest with the Lenny side of the fandom concerning this episode and the next.  Your consideration is very, very much appreciated.  Thank each of you....

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Mayim tweets something, the person who was there who you asked for more detail confirms it and adds more detail to back it up, and you still won't accept it?

Maybe I'll accept it when I've seen the episode? Why would I just accept anything and agree with everything that's been said?

It's just really hard for me to believe it's that bad. I'm pretty sure most of you guys will absolutely hate it, but I probably won't.

Edited by FileXxX

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Maybe I'll accept it when I've seen the episode? Why would I just accept anything and agree with everything that's been said?

I'm not understanding. You waited late last night to hear about the taping. Why do that until as you said your waiting to see the episode

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not understanding. You waited late last night to hear about the taping. Why do that until as you said your waiting to see the episode

I never said I don't want to read the report. I simply won't jump to conclusions here and say the episode is bad, just because someone else might think it's bad. 

9 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I get where she's coming from, because I know they are pointing out the differences regarding romance and Penny may want as much romance as Shamy have, but does that mean she's jealous of their relationship or does that make her say this is how the ideal relationship should look like? I don't think so. 

I appreciate the report a lot, don't get me wrong, but after all, this is still just @CaffeineBuzz's observation and I prefer to take reports with a grain of salt and make my own observation when the episode airs.

Mayim used the term "envious". "Envy" is basically when you want something desirable that someone else has. In this case Penny sees how lovey-dovey Shamy are and wants that lovey-dovey feeling back for her relationship since she feels she and Leonard have lost that spark. It's really not that difficult.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

If anything its been the opposite: Penny has consistently this season shown disreguard for Leonard and his likes (hiding his stuff, the redecoration of their bedroom into a fluffy pink and purple nightmare, inviting her brother over without once talking about it in the next one).  So when I say it feels unjustified, I'm coming from that angle.  When she starts complaining your gut reaction is "wtf.... that's a bit rich coming from you there princess".

Yeah, as much effort that Leonard's put into this, compared to Penny, it just feels off to have her complain about it. Hell if anyone has a complaint, you'd think it was Leonard.  I'm not sure "a bit rich" describes it, although i think the right letters are there. 

8 minutes ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

I don't know.  It feels so wrong that she's even having at him on this front.  Especially this front.  I know its a phase married couples go through, but its out of left field for Penny on this one.  So yes in essence, its kind of out of left field like her supporting the roommate agreement but sadly I don't find its out of character for Penny based off how they've been writing her this season.

Yeah, it's not OOC for some of the things this year, but overall, for Penny it's really strange. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, April said:

Mayim used the term "envious". "Envy" is basically when you want something desirable that someone else has. In this case Penny sees how lovey-dovey Shamy are and wants that lovey-dovey feeling back for her relationship since she feels she and Leonard have lost that spark. It's really not that difficult.

I know what it means and that's basically what I said in my post you quoted (Penny may want as much romance as Shamy have). I'm still gonna watch and decide for myself, it's really not that difficult either.

9 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I know what it means and that's basically what I said in my post you quoted (Penny may want as much romance as Shamy have). I'm still gonna watch and decide for myself, it's really not that difficult either.

Which is fine but I don't recall you saying that when the taping report seems positive for Lenny.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic