[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

I don't see why Penny, and even Leonard, don't just go see that psychiatrist that made them feel better.  Both of them have the kind of jobs that have good health insurance that would cover at least a few sessions, and they probably could even afford them themselves in real life.  Also, if Penny "has a guy" for her money, she should come clean to him about her mountain of debt and make plans to deal with it.  Then she'd have some idea about how much longer she needed to do this job she doesn't like and could make some plans about what to do next.  I know none of this is very funny, but the way they are going on now on the show isn't funny, either.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, I Miss Dan said:

I don't see why Penny, and even Leonard, don't just go see that psychiatrist that made them feel better.  Both of them have the kind of jobs that have good health insurance that would cover at least a few sessions, and they probably could even afford them themselves in real life.  Also, if Penny "has a guy" for her money, she should come clean to him about her mountain of debt and make plans to deal with it.  Then she'd have some idea about how much longer she needed to do this job she doesn't like and could make some plans about what to do next.  I know none of this is very funny, but the way they are going on now on the show isn't funny, either.

Well yes I agree with you. Ive said before I would love if we hear Lenny are going to see a marrage thearapist. We don't need to see episodes revolved around it. But little references. And Lenny talking about it would be nice. 

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

1. Penny never exclusively stated it has anything to do with Leonard. She obviousley complained he was being complacent latest episode. But next episode it seems deeper then that. 

2. Yes. But Penny often suppresses things. And once again this is a writers issue. They well make Penny communicate when they see fit

3. The RA had for Penny not to keep things from Leonard, and not to get restricted once she reveals stuff. But Leonard in the next episode. Lied to Penny, that he is okay with the whole Randall thing. So what is the difference. 

1. No. But it's an issue that seems to relate to Leonard.

2. No argument though everything's a writers issue.

3. All we know is that Penny isn't supposedto keep things from Leonard. Not the other way around. If the RA is in use Leonard's lying to Penny isn't in it. If it was wouldn't that have been mentioned.

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Well yes I agree with you. Ive said before I would love if we hear Lenny are going to see a marrage thearapist. We don't need to see episodes revolved around it. But little references. And Lenny talking about it would be nice. 

Going to Dr. Gallo was for the comedy not to solve problems. A  marriage therapist on a comedy, though some may question that lately,  wouldn't work IMO.  I think most Lenny fans  would complain about it if was being repeated. Kind of like the he wore her down line.

Edited by Chrismo

15 hours ago, Chrismo said:

A house and baby has nothing to do with her career. 

1. Doesn't it have something to with Leonard?

2. Isn't something that she should be discussing with Leonard and not keep that info from him?

3. Wasn't that part of the RA?

Think you may be on to something here.  In the 15th episode "Locomotion Reverberation"  synopsis it is hinted that Penny is kind of envious of Bernadette. She has a good job (to go back to after maternity leave), she has a newborn baby, and a house. I think deep down Penny wants this in her life now that she settling into marriage and it seems her acting career is in the rearview mirror and she has a successful sales job.

As far as the Lenny romance goes she was always scared about their incompatibility and Leonard always reassured her. True, Leonard was always the one who initiated the romantic gestures but Penny had her moments. For instance, when she gave Leonard his favorite book as a young boy but only to realize he had already purchased it. However, Leonard regarded her gesture of saving all the mementos he gave her as a romantic expression of her love "Of course I saved them, it's you"

12 hours ago, Chrismo said:

1. No. But it's an issue that seems to relate to Leonard.

2. No argument though everything's a writers issue.

3. All we know is that Penny isn't supposedto keep things from Leonard. Not the other way around. If the RA is in use Leonard's lying to Penny isn't in it. If it was wouldn't that have been mentioned.

Going to Dr. Gallo was for the comedy not to solve problems. A  marriage therapist on a comedy, though some may question that lately,  wouldn't work IMO.  I think most Lenny fans  would complain about it if was being repeated. Kind of like the he wore her down line.

Not exactly if they were go too see a Marrage Thearpist. And onscreen, it was pointed out it was helping. I agree with you Dr Gallo was for comedy purposes. But in this case if most of it is off screen. They can just they feel alot better about their marrage now. I woulden't complain I would love if we found out offscreen they were doing that. And to be fair to the "Wore me down" line. Leonard constantly makes "My Hot Trophy wife" jokes too. I wish the writers would stop them both. Leonard loves Penny because she offers him everything his mother diddn't. Penny married Leonard, because he's special I suspose. Other then the Mandy incident, he is not like other guys overall. And he is the complete opposite of her father. Well tbh they are alot a like in some areas.  I do agree the fact, Penny has a sense of autonomy with her job now. And has settled into her life, and may want what Bernadette has. But I don't think a baby is the right thing for them right now, they are not mature enough yet. 

18 hours ago, FileXxX said:

I don't think you can say she's unhappy about her life in general. She may not enjoy how certain parts of her life are progressing, but that doesn't mean she's not happy. Leonard, for example, makes her incredibly happy, she said it herself. Her career doesn't.

If Penny is incredibly happy with Leonard, I don't see the point with an RA, everything should be smooth sailing. 

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly if they were go too see a Marrage Thearpist. And onscreen, it was pointed out it was helping. I agree with you Dr Gallo was for comedy purposes. But in this case if most of it is off screen. They can just they feel alot better about their marrage now. I woulden't complain I would love if we found out offscreen they were doing that. And to be fair to the "Wore me down" line. Leonard constantly makes "My Hot Trophy wife" jokes too. I wish the writers would stop them both. Leonard loves Penny because she offers him everything his mother diddn't. Penny married Leonard, because he's special I suspose. Other then the Mandy incident, he is not like other guys overall. And he is the complete opposite of her father. Well tbh they are alot a like in some areas.  I do agree the fact, Penny has a sense of autonomy with her job now. And has settled into her life, and may want what Bernadette has. But I don't think a baby is the right thing for them right now, they are not mature enough yet. 

Agree. And when there are a few things that need to be fixed in a marriage a baby is not a solution. Most of times is another reason for the other things dont get the proper solution, unfortunatelly. 

Edited by spidergirl

23 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

If Penny is incredibly happy with Leonard, I don't see the point with an RA, everything should be smooth sailing. 

No they would have issues even without A RA, or even if they had one. Being in a marrage does not guareentee true happiness. I would love to turn back the clock and its Season 3, and its Early Lenny. But reality is the TPTB are clearly trying to write a realistic marrage. Like they said they have found some new challenges. So I don't think its realistic to expect things to be smooth sailing, even if Penny does say she is incredibly happy. 

I mean probably in minority here, but I was more Penny then Leonard in this episode. I understood her outburst, and I felt it was justified. It was not out of the blue. I feel I have been watching since 10.01. I have noticed certain things Leonard has done or acted. And Penny has suppressed. They got married. Then even around 10.4, I remember Sheldon calling Penny lets say promiscious. I expected Leonard to say something, but nope just stood their. Then we go to The Veracity Elactisty. Penny storaging Leonard's stuff. Once again lack of communication. Leonard should of told Penny, he diddn't like the room. But they got a sweet moment so yayy. Then the comic con episode. Leonard acting like Penny is some kinda prize he won. And telling his young proteges the story of how he did it. Because Leonard the hard work is over huh. And of course the many "Leonard wore me down" jokes. Which are just throw away gags for the audience, but still.

So I think even then, it may have suggested an underlying issue. So then we come to Penny's dream, and the Leonard burping. Not to mention not even looking up when Penny walked back in 4A. So then Penny finally let Leonard have it. So although I agreed with Leonard he has done all the hard work since Day one. i felt more sorry for Penny overall. But now the good thing is they can work on their issues. Even if they never use the RA. And of coruse in the next episode, I am compltely on Leonards side. Penny inviting her brother to stay with them, without consulting Leonard. Is so out of line, she really needs to grow up.  

Edited by 3ku11

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

But I don't think a baby is the right thing for them right now, they are not mature enough yet. 

Although I find Penny very immature at times I don't think they're not ready to have a baby. They have been Sheldon's surrogate parents for years now. The "lack maturity" line in "The Positive Negative Reaction" felt unfounded to me. Just the writers making up excuses to keep them stagnant because when it comes to Lenny they have very hard time letting them advance and grow, even though they do it well enough with Howardette and Shamy. IMO, Lenny are more prepared to be parents than Howardette. Don't get me wrong, I believe people should never have a baby in order to solve their problems. But if this is the problem, meaning Penny wants to start a family but is conflicted by her commitment issues and insecurities, and perhaps also surprised/afraid to be the one who wants to take a step forward (Leonard was always the one to push forward), then maybe they should consider it. Put it on the table. Perhaps not start trying right now but discuss it and decide to be more aware of their feelings to figure out when they are ready. Kind of like the engagement.

Edited by bfm

7 minutes ago, bfm said:

Although I find Penny very immature at times I don't think they're not ready to have a baby. They have been Sheldon's surrogate parents for years now. The "lack maturity" line in "The Positive Negative Reaction" felt unfounded to me. Just the writers making up excuses to keep them stagnant because when it comes to Lenny they have very hard time letting them advance and grow, even though they do it well enough with Howardette and Shamy. Don't get me wrong, I believe people should never have a baby in order to solve their problems. But if this is the problem, meaning Penny wants to start a family but is conflicted by her commitment issues and insecurities, and perhaps also surprised/afraid to be the one who wants to take a step forward (Leonard was always the one to push forward), then maybe they should consider it. Put it on the table. Perhaps not start trying right now but discuss it and decide to be more aware of their feelings to figure out when they are ready. Kind of like the engagement.

I really think Penny is past her commitment issues. For me right now it is he changing circumstances. She's a wife, a working professional and has entered her 30's. The way she lashed out at Leonard was, to me, very much in character.  She tends to lash out when she is unhappy, or fearful, or worried. The quick look on her face after Leonard left the living area said a lot. There was a little bit of devistation there. I think she was immediately sorry for her harshness, but still felt she needed those two days to think about why she lashed out and other things. It would have been great if the writers/producers decided to show us Leonard and Penny's conversation instead of the cucumber drink nonsense . I've only seen the episode once, but they did seem a bit warmer toward each other when they entered that scene. The tag showed warmth between them as well.....I think we will see some things settled for Penny in the next run of tapings and by extension for Leonard too, in the best way.

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

But reality is the TPTB are clearly trying to write a realistic marrage. Like they said they have found some new challenges.

I don't find it realistic, based on my marriage.  What part is realistic based on your marriage?

I've been married 3 times. so I'm really not a poster child for marriage but in my 3 i never had fights like this in the first couple years the first 2 matriages the arguments started in years 4 and 5 and never in the 3rd marriage

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't find it realistic, based on my marriage.  What part is realistic based on your marriage?

I don't think 3kull is married but there is no definition of a standard marriage. We all have different experiences. This Lenny marriage IS realistic to me. Not the time frame - second year - but this has very much been the experience I've had many times in my 25 year marriage. Even after that long, we can still have hiding our feelings and taken for granted issues along with the storming off. It's never threatened our happiness but with our differing personalities it will not go away any time soon, regardless of how many discussions we have - no RAs needed though. This current Lenny story is like watching a autobiopic for me. Not sure it's a great plot for a comedy,but it's resonating with me.

The beauty of this forum is the wide ranging life experiences we have which is why we'll never agree on some aspects of the show because the writers can't always write for everyone's experiences and viewpoints. Sometimes we're outraged, sometimes we are happy and sometimes we are in between ( although we tend to go for the extreme emotions more often than not). That's fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I never said you can find it realistic. I was simply saying the writers write stuff based on their own experiences. . Like said it's based on your own experiences.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at another member

34 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Well, I did have my sleeping arrangements determined by a third party... but that was because the third party was my child. Otherwise it's all just fantasy, that was funny for a bit.

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I never said you can find it realistic. I was simply saying the writers write stuff based on their own experiences. . Like said it's based on your own experiences.

You stated they are "trying to write a realistic marriage". I just asked what part was realistic to you, based on your marriage, nothing snarky.  Itwasdestined gave his examples where it was realistic to him, based on his.  

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I think they should bring Gilda back for an episode. or maybe Katie. Just throwing that in there. :)

They do not exist in the universe we know since they were on the pilot that wasn't use. Those are not the Leonard and Sheldon characters that we know. If they did what you suggest, it would have to be an alternate story-line or something like fan fiction. 

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

IBTimes is another source that simply pieces together parts of other interviews to create something. They have nothing unique or original to share. This is not a source to rely on.  Look to the trades instead of something that splices interviews from other sources to create a story.

They quoted an article from TVLIne, a trusted source...http://tvline.com/2017/01/20/greys-anatomy-season-14-jos-husband-spoilers/

Question: Now that he’s a dad, any chance Howard will track down and forgive his own father for abandoning him on The Big Bang Theory? —Patrick?
Ausiello: Yes, there is a chance. Per showrunner Steve Molaro, that possibility “is always floating around in the ether of the show. We don’t have immediate plans to tackle it, but I’m confident one day we will.”

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Etienne said:

If I remember correctly, the rumor was the season 3 breakup was due to the need to stretch out the Lenny storyline because they got a new 3 year contract.  Maybe this is insurance that if the show is renewed for 2 -2 1/2 season, Lenny can separate  and spend the new two years talking past each other (it was hilarious the first time).  They get to reconcile, or not, in the final 3 minutes of the C storyline in the last episode.

The idea you propose is a very good one and quite likely to occur. However if the writers separate Lenny again, at this late stage of the game, they can take the last 2 1/2 years of TBBT and stick them up their asses. (Just to clarify, my rant is exclusively against the writers and not  you)

37 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I'm sorry I see no purpose in break up. But that's imo. In any case Penny told Shamy. We're not getting divorced. So maybe that's the tptb addressing this? I don't know.

I just took the question as a bit of a Sheldanxietic step-back to show us his progress isn't forward all the time. There's no reason even to think there's a break-up in the offing. 

Edited by joyceraye

14 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I just took the question as a bit of a Sheldanxietic step-back to show us his progress isn't forward all the time. There's no reason even to think there's a break-up in the offing. 

Well while watching I diddnt think for one second they well break up. They seemed pretty happy by the end. Just seems to me they want a better relationship.

Edited by 3ku11