Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

 

1 hour ago, Judith said:

It's not either/or...The answer is more complicated than that. It can be both of these and/or none. Whatever.

 

I think Judith is right, I think there are a lot of factors involved and certainly no way for us to know the true answer. The tv networks probably know more about it than us fans.

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, FileXxX said:

The fact that people change is not fake at all.

Of course it's not, but the way in which he has changed seems to be. Btw, that post of mine you quoted consists of 2 sentences and it uses the words "to me" in both of them. You do understand that means IMO, right ? You do understand I'm trying to convey what it looks like to me, correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spidergirl said:

My biggest fear as viewer and fan is if they decided to cancel the show when the tapings left might be 5 or 6 and suddenly everything ends without those stories about each character were not wrapped nicely or they were rushed to end. It would be so unfair the memory of the show be so good for years and then had the worst ending ever. I really hope all people involved avoid this possibility with all their strength.

I understand what you're feeling. I am, however, at a different point in my enjoyment of the show than you are: 

I think you are enjoying the show quite a lot even if you recognize that there are some inconsistencies, and there are certain things that bother you.(This is my interpretation based on your posts. Please correct me if I am wrong).

On the contrary, since I'm a Lenny shipper, I've felt unfulfilled by the show since mid S7 or beginning of S8 (if I'm being generous) and therefore have been more aware of all the things that I consider have been done badly as far as writing. The only reason I've continued to watch is because of all the time I previously invested and how much I loved S1-S6. I loved the characters (as portrayed in those seasons) and keep waiting for a return to form even if I secretly know that will never happen.

Based on that , I really hope the show would end this season as it is becoming hard for me to watch how things that are progressing. Btw, I agree with what you say in regards to things being wrapped up nicely, but for me the trip, the way to get to that finish line has also become a problem. For me it wouldn't be such a tragedy if they had to wrap up all stories in a bit of a hurry , because IMO (again let me point out this is just my opinion) the writers have already ruined TBBT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think maybe all the lenny fighting isn't the main purpose in these past espiodes and that tptb are just trying to show just how far sheldon has come in his development its jmo their also showing us what aleader of the group he is

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I'm starting to think maybe all the lenny fighting isn't the main purpose in these past espiodes and that tptb are just trying to show just how far sheldon has come in his development its jmo their also showing us what aleader of the group he is

...or instead..

s_0226.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

I understand what you're feeling. I am, however, at a different point in my enjoyment of the show than you are: 

I think you are enjoying the show quite a lot even if you recognize that there are some inconsistencies, and there are certain things that bother you.(This is my interpretation based on your posts. Please correct me if I am wrong).

On the contrary, since I'm a Lenny shipper, I've felt unfulfilled by the show since mid S7 or beginning of S8 (if I'm being generous) and therefore have been more aware of all the things that I consider have been done badly as far as writing. The only reason I've continued to watch is because of all the time I previously invested and how much I loved S1-S6. I loved the characters (as portrayed in those seasons) and keep waiting for a return to form even if I secretly know that will never happen.

Based on that , I really hope the show would end this season as it is becoming hard for me to watch how things that are progressing. Btw, I agree with what you say in regards to things being wrapped up nicely, but for me the trip, the way to get to that finish line has also become a problem. For me it wouldn't be such a tragedy if they had to wrap up all stories in a bit of a hurry , because IMO (again let me point out this is just my opinion) the writers have already ruined TBBT.

You are right, Carlos. And I understand what you're feeling too and if my ship was in yours position, I might wish the show end too. I say might because I am very difficult to loose hope about anything in my life but I recognise it sometimes is more like a torture than helpfull, lol. So I still believe lenny would reach their nice ends as I believe shamy would reach their as well. :)

 

Edited by spidergirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the point of wanting a show to end?  Why does it have to end for everybody?

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment telling another poster what to do.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

What's the point of wanting a show to end?  Why does it have to end for everybody?

It´s not everybody. But the ones who don´t like the road the show is taking. Is that so hard to understand, even if that´s not your opinion. Sometimes some things are simple in life: if I don´t like something, than I must quit or the one what´s not to like has to quit. As for me (and solely to me), I have once decided to stop watching before after I didn´t like what the writers did with Lenny. At this moment I won´t because I still have hope that things will turn positively. But I really understand some feelings of people who want the show to its end. To me, I am indifferent. But I am too hooked on Lenny to stop now by myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

What's the point of wanting a show to end?  Why does it have to end for everybody?

It’s pretty simple. The writers need to get back to what made this show funny. The science, the geek, the naive, well, the special. That's what got viewers like ME hooked in the first place. If the writing doesn't improve it makes me think they are giving it an excuse to be canceled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, john2p said:

It´s not everybody. But the ones who don´t like the road the show is taking. Is that so hard to understand, even if that´s not your opinion. Sometimes some things are simple in life: if I don´t like something, than I must quit or the one what´s not to like has to quit. As for me (and solely to me), I have once decided to stop watching before after I didn´t like what the writers did with Lenny. At this moment I won´t because I still have hope that things will turn positively. But I really understand some feelings of people who want the show to its end. To me, I am indifferent. But I am too hooked on Lenny to stop now by myself. 

Yes, it is hard to understand. It's the same as people disliking certain food. Do I like Brussels sprout? No, I don't. Does that mean they shouldn't exist, even though others love them? No, it doesn't. I have the option to not eat them, so why on Earth would I want to ruin it for everyone? I don't get it.

Not that the writers would listen to any of you (thank God), but still, I can't get my head around that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FileXxX well I haven´t read all the posts. But I think, from what I read, that most of them just saying they hope it will stop. It´s the same I hope that the makers will stop producing Brussels sprout, to use your example. But wishing and hoping, is something different than ruin it for another. Someones feelings and thoughts can be negative, but doesn´t necessarily mean it must happen. This thread is as I see it pretty much a place to regulate all the positive and negative feelings. It´s pretty simple, in this world, thank god, people can have different opinions. Which can perfectly stand next to eachother. I don´t understand all your comments, but respect your opinions and  I am sincerly glad you can enjoy the way the show is written nowadays. I sometimes can, and mostly I don´t. Do you have to care about it, no of course not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

I understand what you're feeling. I am, however, at a different point in my enjoyment of the show than you are: 

I think you are enjoying the show quite a lot even if you recognize that there are some inconsistencies, and there are certain things that bother you.(This is my interpretation based on your posts. Please correct me if I am wrong).

On the contrary, since I'm a Lenny shipper, I've felt unfulfilled by the show since mid S7 or beginning of S8 (if I'm being generous) and therefore have been more aware of all the things that I consider have been done badly as far as writing. The only reason I've continued to watch is because of all the time I previously invested and how much I loved S1-S6. I loved the characters (as portrayed in those seasons) and keep waiting for a return to form even if I secretly know that will never happen.

Based on that , I really hope the show would end this season as it is becoming hard for me to watch how things that are progressing. Btw, I agree with what you say in regards to things being wrapped up nicely, but for me the trip, the way to get to that finish line has also become a problem. For me it wouldn't be such a tragedy if they had to wrap up all stories in a bit of a hurry , because IMO (again let me point out this is just my opinion) the writers have already ruined TBBT.

My feelings exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ppls are entitled to their opinions and if ppls want the show cancelled, it’s their prerogative. I for one is in that camp. Like others I have invested a lot in lenny and to see lenny diminished week in week out breaks my heart and I would rather it gets cancelled before they ruin lenny beyond repair than to continue this train wreck. That is my big worry. I want to remember lenny as the special couple that took my heart and the genuine love they have for each other, the passion and the friendship. That's what I want to remember about lenny. Not the fighting and the lack of respect for each other that tptb are portraying them as of late.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Not that the writers would listen to any of you (thank God), but still, I can't get my head around that.

Tell that to the writers of the show Castle. When they announced that one of the two (romantic) leads wouldn't return for the following season, the fans campaigned to get the show canceled. And succeeded. Not that I'd actively campaign to get TBBT canceled, but with the way things are now I wouldn't be very sad if it ended. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm hoping for change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Tell that to the writers of the show Castle. When they announced that one of the two (romantic) leads wouldn't return for the following season, the fans campaigned to get the show canceled. And succeeded. Not that I'd actively campaign to get TBBT canceled, but with the way things are now I wouldn't be very sad if it ended. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm hoping for change. 

Yes, but how many "Light Years" are enough to waiting for? :shy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, veejay said:

It’s pretty simple. The writers need to get back to what made this show funny. The science, the geek, the naive, well, the special. That's what got viewers like ME hooked in the first place. If the writing doesn't improve it makes me think they are giving it an excuse to be canceled.

Something that I miss is Amy and her monkeys, those scenes was hilarious. Kripke is also missing to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

There are people who still enjoy the show, why should they have to be denied the joy of watching the show just because you are unhappy ?????. Just because the writing of Lenny is unsatisfactory to some, does not mean, everything else ,including Howard, Bernadette,  Sheldon and Amy’s journey is also crap. I for one, think the writers are doing a surprisingly great job of making Howardette's pregnancy plot funny, heartfelt  and original , and they have also , to some extent recaptured the crazy Herb garden Germination style dynamic with Shamy,  by frequently highlighting that these 2 people get joy from being with each other and have fun together. 

So, have fun...but remember, this ultimately devolves into nothing more than a board discussion of personal opinions. And that's fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, have fun...but remember, this ultimately devolves into nothing more than a board discussion of personal opinions. And that's fine.

As long as shamy and Howardette are happy. It's all good. Why would non-lenny care about lenny. The Writers dont.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:


As long as shamy and Howardette are happy. It's all good. Why would non-lenny care about lenny. The Writers dont.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

 I think you are a little bit harsh now, several Shamy fans has written on this thread trying to explain what they feel about the current Lenny situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.