Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

If their is Season 11, I wonder if they would consider writing off Leonard and Penny. I like where they are right now. Diddn't think the episode was worth all the angst ahem. But Lenny's story seems to be drifting. Seems to me Leonard is just ready to head into the sunset with Penny. I guess Penny being pregnant is the last story left for them. I do think their well be a Season 11 though. Creatively show is pretty much over, but money wise it justifies alot more. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

If their is Season 11, I wonder if they would consider writing off Leonard and Penny. I like where they are right now. Diddn't think the episode was worth all the angst ahem. But Lenny's story seems to be drifting. Seems to me Leonard is just ready to head into the sunset with Penny. I guess Penny being pregnant is the last story left for them. I do think their well be a Season 11 though. Creatively show is pretty much over, but money wise it justifies alot more. 

Well, there were 2 seasons without Mulder in X files, so after that, nothing can surprise me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

 I do think their well be a Season 11 though. Creatively show is pretty much over, but money wise it justifies alot more. 

Not necessarily. There may be a season 11, but monetarily, it could be getting close to not being worth it to CBS.  Those numbers may off a bit, as I said, they're estimates, so next season could very well be viable.  But they aren't that far off, so if the cast wants a raise, and ad revenue continues to fall,  it could limit the number of years on the next contract. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically what's left for the show that people want to see:

1.Shamy- An engagement and a wedding

2. Lenny - Penny pregnant

3. Raj- Finding a girlfriend ( I'm stretching on this one)

4. Howdette- Nothing

Also I might add the project the guys are working on

As mentioned above and I agree creatively  it's running on fumes. Could they wrap this up in 9 more tapings? Absolutely. Could they get through another season? Probably. My idea may be to make it 250 episodes and call it a day. With money becoming an issue and seemingly less storylines more than a one year contract seems unlikely to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I noticed ad revenue seems to be dropping. So I agree with how well it be worth it for CBS from a cost effective stand point. Who knows. Season 11? Possibly, beyond, I don't think so. I agree creatively it is running on fumes. Things is they could wrap the show up in the next episode, easily. Let's be honest the big stories left are Penny being pregnant. Heck they could just go, Penny to Leonard I am pregnant. And end the show right their. I am not saying they well do that. But an open ended episode I woulden't mind. Or they could go Leonard wakes up and its a dream :D. Imagine that haha. But hey in any respect shows had an amazing run. Its incredible how succesful it has been, especially in how consistent it has been in terms of ratings. ITs unprecedented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the factors concerning the series' renewal taken into account, I can't help but wonder if the expectation is that TBBT either meet or exceed Two and a Half Men's 12 season run. I know this has no bearing whatsoever on the series' fate, but when I took the WB Studio Tour this August (while in Burbank for the season's first taping), the studio guide mentioned TAAHM being the longest-running comedy filmed on the lot. As a result, it was awarded a special dedication placard outside the stage doors where it was filmed, much like how Stage 24 is named the Friends Stage. The guide kept saying how TBBT could potentially surpass the Sheen/Cryer/Kutcher vehicle's 12 year stint. Again, I know there are many factors at play, and it's not just up to WB, CBS, etc. However, it seems like the WB is really rooting for it to continue on. Just food for thought... One way or another, the BBT Stage will also receive special recognition, when the series wraps. Personally, I believe we'll see a season 11 renewal, but beyond that, I'm not so sure. P.S. With the Colonel's return in "The Locomotion Reverberation," do you guys think they're trying to wrap up the guidance system plot? The 2 year extension seemed to be written in for a 2 season pick-up, but now they're moving forward with it. Maybe it's just the next chapter of that particular story-line, but who knows if that's a hint toward a shorter time-frame to finish the project.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things that helped TAAHM, was the reduction in salary, when Charlie was, er...ummm....replaced.  He was getting around 1.75 million per episode, which dropped by around a million when Kutcher came on board.  Also, there were fewer main cast members, and they lost Angus T Jones the next year.   Almost all of the rest were recurring, another factor in reducing payroll.   Kutcher and Cryer were making a bit more than Jim and Mayim make.  Any one of the other first five would have covered all of the other TAAHM salaries.   

Warner Brother's of course, wants to keep it on.  They aren't paying salaries, the set is already built, and any episodes they do now are just a bonus for Syndication money.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2017 at 4:03 PM, Tonstar17 said:


 Even if I stop watching, it's not going to stop the way lenny are portrayed. I'm not obsessed about the show like I used to I watch new episodes when I can be bothered, because it's like a drug it's not easy to wine yourself off it after years of watching. It's a slow process but I'll get there when it's cancelled. The sooner the better.

You only watch this show because of Lenny? Just curious. I still find so much about this show enjoyable even after 10 years. I know that Lenny seems to be going through a rough patch, but I am confident that they will be better then ever. Marriage is not always flowers and sunshine. Also curious as to what kind of story lines you would like to see for Lenny. 

6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Is this new?  Do you have breaking news????

 

Edited by Sah
Pinned to the wrong area...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

Not necessarily. There may be a season 11, but monetarily, it could be getting close to not being worth it to CBS.  Those numbers may off a bit, as I said, they're estimates, so next season could very well be viable.  But they aren't that far off, so if the cast wants a raise, and ad revenue continues to fall,  it could limit the number of years on the next contract. 

I hope they work it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm sorry, I'm going a little bit off topic, but what happened to the chat room?

Nobody is there...never...am I blocked in some way, or other thing? lol

It's still there.   The only time it is really busy are on taping nights.   The Chat Room will go away on the first of May.   IPS, who designed the software the forum uses, is ending support on that date.  As the room is on the IPS servers, there is no way to continue it.  There is a longer explanation by Tripper in "The Site" forum.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It's still there.   The only time it is really busy are on taping nights.   The Chat Room will go away on the first of May.   IPS, who designed the software the forum uses, is ending support on that date.  As the room is on the IPS servers, there is no way to continue it.  There is a longer explanation by Tripper in "The Site" forum.  

Yeah, I know, I really enjoy going there and chatting with you all about many subjects...but there's nothing showing up here for me.

Tuesdays still are the taping nights, right? If they changed it, so probably there's the reason. Althought I came here every day around this hour last year and nothing.

I guess I just have to accept the fact that I can't go there anymore :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Yeah, I know, I really enjoy going there and chatting with you all about many subjects...but there's nothing showing up here for me.

Tuesdays still are the taping nights, right? If they changed it, so probably there's the reason. Althought I came here every day around this hour last year and nothing.

I guess I just have to accept the fact that I can't go there anymore :( 

You should be able to get on.   Are you trying to get into chat on your phone or tablet, or a desktop/laptop?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Diddn't they announce a three year extension in 2014, in September? Did I Get that right? So I am wondering by May we might here more. Seeing that is around the S10 finalie of course. 

I seem to recall production was delayed a week until the contracts were all signed. I would have thought that would be in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I enjoyed the show back in the days. It's lost its roots when it became the sheldon show. All the characters are suffering. Because of it, especially lenny & Raj, so yeah I mostly watch for lenny, howardette and Amy. Sheldon bores me with his 1 billion issues. Nobody is saying roses and sunshine all tbe time. Just realistic storyline. I will take anything than the the crap that lenny are going through now but they have been ignored for too long so to me it's over. I just watch for habit now.




Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:


I enjoyed the show back in the days. It's lost its roots when it became the sheldon show. All the characters are suffering. Because of it, especially lenny & Raj, so yeah I mostly watch for lenny, howardette and Amy. Sheldon bores me with his 1 billion issues. Nobody is saying roses and sunshine all tbe time. Just realistic storyline. I will take anything than the the crap that lenny are going through now but they have been ignored for too long so to me it's over. I just watch for habit now.

I recognise your thoughts pretty well. But speaking about habits, there's no taping or a new episode this week...so...

n_000339.gif

:shy:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recognise your thoughts pretty well. But speaking about habits, there's no taping or a new episode this week...so...
n_000339.gif
:shy:

So another week of arguing about whether the taping reports for shows unseen are gospels of doom or impressions of what might happen?!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.