Tensor

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

Agreed. It definitely doesn't have the emotional depth that Friends had. Jennifer Aniston said that Schwimmer made her cry for real in that scene, btw. And Schwimmer said he had to take a few minutes to recover after that first take because it was that devastating. I just feel like TBBT is holding out on me because I imagine the cast could act the hell out of some more emotional material if TPTB let them. And it'd make these characters a bit more well rounded as well. JMO, of course. And before anyone yells "IT'S A COMEDY!" in my face, yes, I'm well aware. But comedy doesn't mean there can't be dramatic elements and drama doesn't mean there can't be comedic elements. To me it just adds more dimension and realism to a show overall.

What does realism have to do with TBBT?

Edited by djsurrey

Just now, legacy99 said:

Up to the point where he said ily there was no hint that they would break up that i saw

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Really even at the bowling scene? Before that Leonard veining he is okay with Penny not being where he is at? I saw it coming a mile off. In any case my point was their breakup was pre determined by the writer. To drag it over the corresponding seasons. Of course up to the ILY. But how is that any different to now? I don't see any hint, or any evidence to suggest Lenny are going to get divorced. Just like I Saw no hint before the initial ILY. The show vicarosuely through Penny have already ruled out divorce. IT's too late in the game, not going to happen. 

Really I think Lenny have prooven all season they care about each other. They have been more happy, and been nice and shown they care, way more then they have fought. They have had what 3 arguments this season?  In any case they won't break up. Because its not Season 3. That time has come and gone. And besides I Saw so sign from the show to even suggest Lenny are heading in that direction. Quite the contary. I mean their major arguments have been based around them struggling to adjust to their new married life. But I have thought all season, the writers have shown a generally happily married couple. 'i don't see the angst I think they are in a great place. I mean they had two weddings. Do they need three to proove they care about each other lol? New promo pics, Penny is smiling. So I don't think theirs anything detrimental going on. I mean Leonard cheated on her. And they recovered from that. So I just think they broke up in S3, to drag it out over more profitable seasons. Now? I jsut think its a story arch. 

Yeah happily married couple that we see standing in the kitchen island listening to shamy or the tiny little bits of them being caring to each other. Everything else off there lives offscreen. I guess that why tptb are now showing us that leonard has been taking penny for granted for a while. Really happy they are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Really even at the bowling scene? Before that Leonard veining he is okay with Penny not being where he is at? I saw it coming a mile off. In any case my point was their breakup was pre determined by the writer. To drag it over the corresponding seasons. Of course up to the ILY. But how is that any different to now? I don't see any hint, or any evidence to suggest Lenny are going to get divorced. Just like I Saw no hint before the initial ILY. The show vicarosuely through Penny have already ruled out divorce. IT's too late in the game, not going to happen. 

Tptb are showing a lot more discontent between penny and leonard now than they ever did before imo i don't think they seem happy a all

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Really even at the bowling scene? Before that Leonard veining he is okay with Penny not being where he is at? 

There was no indication of a breakup prior to the episode, unless you want to count all the fighting they did.  You know, like all the fighting they have now.  

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well to be fair to the writers, they have never done anything to Lenny that was irreparable anyway. They have always brought them to the brink, and brought them right back. 

Really?  Season three they pushed them over the brink.  And it wasn't right back.  41 episodes and 21 months is hardly right back. 

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I mean any of the stories they have put Lenny through? Have Lenny broken up? 

Yes, season 2, season 3, and at least two other unknown, but numerated times.

I think the point being made was that BEFORE that episode there was no inkling. I don't think they're splitting up either but surprises have happened ( Raj, the Mandy kiss, the Penny being married surprise!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I don't think we will get a Lenny divorce, but I totally think that Penny could go to Nebraska all by herself in the end of season 10 if we get a season 11. 

The writers loves a cliffhanger. 

I don't know. My guess would be travel for work.

I don't think we will get a Lenny divorce, but I think that Penny could go to Nebraska all by herself in the end of season 10, if we get a season 11. 
The writers loves a cliffhanger. 

I wouldn't be surprised. Tptb cannot shock me anymore. Believe me I have thought of every horrible things they could do to lenny. I mean the way penny's daydream got swept under the rug. I though the complaint wasn't just about leonard in his underpants playing video games but also not being romantic anymore. What was the point of the daydream sequence if they weren't going to explore it or talk about it further and ends with leonard promising to buy her flowers and cook her favourite pizza once a week or something. It wasn't even mentioned in the ridiculous RA. And tptb just concentrated on leonard burping in his underpants. That is just proof of tptb diminishing lenny because penny quickly forgot what her original beef was. That leonard wasn't trying anymore and it wasn't just about him in his underpants.

I wouldn't be surprised. Tptb cannot shock me anymore. Believe me I have thought of every horrible things they could do to lenny. I mean the way penny's daydream got swept under the rug. I though the complaint wasn't just about leonard in his underpants playing video games but also not being romantic anymore. What was the point of the daydream sequence if they weren't going to explore it or talk about it further and ends with leonard promising to buy her flowers and cook her favourite pizza once a week or something. It wasn't even mentioned in the ridiculous RA. And tptb just concentrated on leonard burping in his underpants. That is just proof of tptb diminishing lenny because penny quickly forgot what her original beef was. That leonard wasn't trying anymore and it wasn't just only about him in his underpants.

I don't think they are going to call it a day and end the marriage but you never know with the writers. I just think that it looks that way to people when they show them not caring more than caring and not making an effort to communicate and work on the made up issues that tptb throw out there and leaving it hanging like a bad smell.

I hope they do not divorce or separate. I am beyond annoyed that writers have to do this just because a show is going on longer. But they always believe drama has to happen otherwise it will be boring. 

Howard and Bernadette have only broken up once and that was so early in their relationship. Other times they have had fights here and there, but make-up at the end. Lenny should be the same, nothing wrong with a few marriage fights, but not make it so massive. 

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Really?  Season three they pushed them over the brink.  And it wasn't right back.  41 episodes and 21 months is hardly right back. 

Yes, season 2, season 3, and at least two other unknown, but numerated times.

They weren't dating then. In Season 2, 2x01 they went on a date, I diddn't see that as a break up. More this fish tastes bad, so I am going to spit it out lol. Season 2 later on in The Maternal Capictance, they weren't in a relationship then too. Nor were they in The Peanut Reaction. Their only real break up was Season 3. What I mean by right over the brink. IS they have never done anything that has detrimentally damaged Lenny for good. I mean case in point Leonard cheating, or lieing whatever e.t.c. Was seen as OOC from most fans, and feeding Lenny to the wolfs, abandoning them. But they recovered. So I just think its not that deep. My main point was I Think Lenny are fine, great in fact. Watching the episodes I Don't think its worth the hysteria. But that is JMO. 

Edited by 3ku11

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

They weren't dating then. They went on a date, they weren't in a relationship. Their only real break up was Season 3. 

OK, so season two doesn't count.  Season three was the only one that was shown.   Which then gives us at least three other breakups, they haven't show, according to Leonard.  

What I mean by right over the brink. IS they have never done anything that has detrimentally damaged Lenny for good. 

Except in retrospect, how do you determine that?  They looked pretty damaged in Season four, they really looked damaged when Leonard was dating Priya.  

I mean case in point Leonard cheating, or lieing whatever e.t.c. Was seen as OOC from most fans, and feeding Lenny to the wolfs, abandoning them. But they recovered. So I just think its not that deep. 

See, here's the problem.  The writers determine what it OOC.  So, anything the characters do, is by definition, in character.  

They weren't dating then. In Season 2, 2x01 they went on a date, I diddn't see that as a break up. More this fish tastes bad, so I am going to spit it out lol. Season 2 later on in The Maternal Capictance, they weren't in a relationship then too. Nor were they in The Peanut Reaction. Their only real break up was Season 3. What I mean by right over the brink. IS they have never done anything that has detrimentally damaged Lenny for good. I mean case in point Leonard cheating, or lieing whatever e.t.c. Was seen as OOC from most fans, and feeding Lenny to the wolfs, abandoning them. But they recovered. So I just think its not that deep. My main point was I Think Lenny are fine, great in fact. Watching the episodes I Don't think its worth the hysteria. But that is JMO. 

It's not just about the 3 recent taped episodes. It's more than that and how lenny have been written for over 3 years maybe even going back longer, but it seems it get worst every new season. All the ongoing bullshit that is thrown out there and not talked about or little effort made when it's comes to lenny. I think you are missing the point. Some lennys have issues with the way lenny have been portrayed year after year, not just what the 3 in a row argument episodes that was taped.

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Don’t you know what quotation marks could imply?
Sorry, just a rhetorical question. :icon_rolleyes: 

Why do you think I put the :) , after the quote from The Bad Fish Paradigm?

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

How many seasons could we get out of Leonard and Alex?

Or even Leonard and Alice?

47 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

Howard and Bernadette have only broken up once

I thought it was twice?

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Kripke changed for me (and not in a good way), in The Perspiration Implementation.

In that episode, he went from funny, to out and out creepy. vomit.gif 

What did he do in that episode? I don't remember.

5 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

If not then, maybe he'll be back for a potential dream sequence on the eve of Shamy's wedding day, assuming such an event will take place in the future.

Well... I'm pretty sure it can't take place in the past...