The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

So we had the ex girlfriends talking to Raj and about why their relationships failed and now we have his friends talking to him about how spoiled he is? Is a wake up call on the cards?

No, I mustn't let the writers get my expectations up. It's a one off Raj storyline again, it has got to be.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly a one liner. More an insight into how complacent he's gotten. I agree with Serena currently Penny puts more effort into their marrage. They are not honey youngins anymore. Doesent mean they are not in love anymore. Just means they need to work on their relationship more. Which clearly they have not done. Or as it is Leonard hasent done ahem 

What exactly has Penny done? What kind of effort is she putting? Leonard puts less effort lately but that doesn't mean she puts more. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bfm said:

What exactly has Penny done? What kind of effort is she putting? ........

n_00062.gif.a89ea22d071f374726d1dda883d9ba3b.gif

:shy:

• Like 7

Not much of an episode for February sweeps. Raj spoiled and Shamy once a year sex.  I can see why Molaro was wearing the clown nose.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Not much of an episode for February sweeps. Raj spoiled and Shamy once a year sex.  I can see why Molaro was wearing the clown nose.

Where did you read a complete TR to provide your opinion? :icon_neutral:

8 minutes ago, veejay said:

Where did you read a complete TR to provide your opinion? :icon_neutral:

I didn't. Just the highlights from the previous page.

17 minutes ago, Trinabeana78 said:

When Kaley and Johnny came up the audience to give their usual spiel, Kaley said that they all love doing the show and would love to do it for a little while longer. Then she looked at Johnny and said, and we’re going to get that worked out for you all hopefully really soon.

Great taping report. But the above was the most interesting part.

• Like 5

Thank you @Trinabeana78 !  Sounds like a fun episode.  Hope you had a great time!!!  One question from me....On Instagram there were a few pics of folks wearing red clown-type noses.  Any context there????  Anyway, thank you again for a thorough report!!!!

Edited by hokie3457
poor choice of word tense was/were....
  • Like 6

Thanks for the terrific report! 

I'll wait until it actually airs to comment on the one item that bugged me. Perhaps it won't make the final cut.

Jmo but it sounds like johnny won't get offered the same money as jim and kaley. If johnny is out then i can honestly say I'm out too

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We didn't see the red clown noses on set. That must have been behind the scenes. I know that red nose day is a thing here, so maybe that's what it has to do with?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Trinabeana78 said:

We didn't see the red clown noses on set. That must have been behind the scenes. I know that red nose day is a thing here, so maybe that's what it has to do with?

Thanks!!  (and thank you again for sharing the report with us!!).....

• Like 2

Trinabeana78 thank you for taking your time to inform us on what happened i appreciate what you have done

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Jmo but it sounds like johnny won't get offered the same money as jim and kaley. If johnny is out then i can honestly say I'm out too

From one perspective that makes sense. With Sheldon's departure from 4A, Leonard doesn't occupy the prominent place in the show that he once did. Now, his major presence is in the role of Mr. Penny. This is reflected in his ever diminishing screen time. So, it is understandable that JG might no longer have the bargaining power that he once did.

Frankly, I feel the same could be said of Kaley. Fact is, I think it could have always been said of Kaley. She could have been replaced at any time and the show could have sailed on without any significant issues. Particularly in the early years, and especially after the Wheaton engineered break-up. 

Like it or not, (and I generally don't), TBBT is increasingly Shamy centered. All of the others have been rendered much less important than they once were and it would not necessarily kill the show if any of them left. And, for TBBT purists, the departure of Shamy might even offer the chance to return the show to something closer to its original premise. Unfortunately, the Shamy fans that also depart might toll the death knell from a ratings perspective.

I am not advocating any of this, so everyone can put away the pitchforks and torches.... :orc:

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 6

thanks, @trinabeana! Hope you had a lovely time!

I have to agree that the shamy stuff sounds like the very definition of stale. Nothing that sounds like it'll enrage me, but on the annoying side. Simply because o would quite like poor mayim bialik to show off her comedic chops and play a weirdo like she has been allowed to do at point this season. Like Serena says, I think I am all set for 'sheldon has to learn how to adult and amy is long-suffering' plot.

and also, show? I like that you have decided that Sheldon wants Amy. Awesome. But I do believe we get it about the frequency of their intercourse. I don't personally care how often they do it so long as they're having fun and they're not implying that either is doing it out of obligation. But this is three times that you've had someone point out the annual coitus thing. And - especially given that they are consenting cohabiting adults and Sheldon tried to grotesquely seduce Amy earlier -it feels like you're pointing out something that YOU seem to think is a problem (again, I don't think it is), the solution to which seems pretty obvious, and you're not taking your own medicine. If you are that exercised about how often shamy do it, show, by all means lift your self-imposed once a year rule. Now that shamy are being weirdoes who enjoy and want each other, does anybody really care that much except you?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly a one liner. More an insight into how complacent he's gotten. I agree with Serena currently Penny puts more effort into their marrage. They are not honey youngins anymore. Doesent mean they are not in love anymore. Just means they need to work on their relationship more. Which clearly they have not done. Or as it is Leonard hasent done ahem 

What other evidence do you have? From what I remember that I saw in the show, it was that one liner and when they showed him in his underwear. I don't remember any other instance. IMO Leonard has been putting more effort into the relationship since day one, and he might be tired of carrying the weight of the relationship after all these years.

• Like 5

What's the secret about Sheldon driving ? He told Leonard years ago that he could drive but preferred not to.  Amy had taught him. I don't quite get that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

What's the secret about Sheldon driving ? He told Leonard years ago that he could drive but preferred not to.  Amy had taught him. I don't quite get that.

He got his driver's license, I guess he had just a learner's permit when he spoke to Leonard about it in S. 8.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon and Leonard's relationship has diminished a lot imo, the writers need to find a way to get some of that fun back with them. The only episode I have actually really enjoyed this season in terms of their relationship is Veracity Elasticity, which kind of reminded of the Troll Manifestation days when they had each others back in a situation.

Maybe the writers need to dip into the old geeky playbook with them? Get some old school style nerd stuff going on that highlights/focuses on their friendship? These two used to have fun together, most of the time their relationship now is used for cheap gags.

Get some old style Shelnard fun stuff going again, that and group based episodes/activities.

Agreed! :shy:

handshake.gif.91c68365372bc9430d075610ddad4fe3.gif

• Like 3