Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

26 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Personally i wouldn't take any thing for granted with on this program

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

But money talks.

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Yeah me too, I looked at her as someone who could help fix him, but the writers sort of ruined her with all the creepy horror stuff she was suppose to be into.

But her ultimate demise is when everyone sided with him at the very end. Just before that everyone was okay  with her being angry at Sheldon.

• Like 2

I believe tptb think they can write whatever they want and they won't lose enough viewers to really affect the ratings as long as they have sheldon and amy

• Like 1

The only way imo for Raj get a girl, if it is the direction writers want for him , is he finding a new one. A new character whose traits made him to step out from his confort zone and made him falling in love for real. After all these years it seems  he had never fallen in love realy for someone and as he is getting aware he needs to change something in his life ( next epidode the parents money dependence issue is mentioned), maybe hopefully writers get focus on Raj's life and get for him a nice solution.  Tbh if he decided to be alone for a while before he embraced another relationship would be useful for him as he might settle his priorities and it doesnt hurt to be alone for a while. Most of times after a breaking up for good, people can think clearer and finding what really wants for their lives.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I believe tptb think they can write whatever they want and they won't lose enough viewers to really affect the ratings as long as they have sheldon and amy

In a middle of a season no doubt. But people mindset in 5 years is why watch it if Lenny's divorced. The TPTB want to make the most money possible. It doesn't matter how popular Shamy is all they will care about is the dollars at the end.

9 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

The only way imo for Raj get a girl, if it is the direction writers want for him , is he finding a new one. A new character whose traits made him to step out from his confort zone and made him falling in love for real. After all these years it seems  he had never fallen in love realy for someone and as he is getting aware he needs to change something in his life ( next epidode the parents money dependence issue is mentioned), maybe hopefully writers get focus on Raj's life and get to him a nice solution.  Tbh if he decided to be alone for a while before he embraced another relationship would be useful for him as he might settle his priorities and it doesnt hurt to be alone for a while. Most of times after a breaking up for good the peeple can think clearer and finding what really wants for their lives.

It would be interesting to see him meet someone new and have that meeting go completely differently than usual with Raj.  Not so needy; not thinking 'this is the person I'm going to be with forever'.  Maybe a co-worker who gets on his nerves at first, but wins him over....(egad!  I'm sounding like an annoying fanfiction set-up---a pet peeve!!!)....I don't know.  Just something different.  Even a secret set-up by his parents--unknown by him (and there I go again....grrrr!)

• Like 6

In a middle of a season no doubt. But people mindset in 5 years is why watch it if Lenny's divorced. The TPTB want to make the most money possible. It doesn't matter how popular Shamy is all they will care about is the dollars at the end.

I seems to me as much as they have made sheldon and shamy the priority of the show they have decided that they are the cash cow that's making the ratings and the money i really think they now consider the other characters to be just fillers for when Sheldon's not on screen and aren't that important

• Like 3

I think it's obvious the way to fix his character but they can't do it because of $.

If money wasn't an issue you simply introduce a new main character to the show that becomes his love interest. But because they can't afford it plus the issue about screen time (the show is short as it is with the numbers they have now) they can't do it. So all they can do is have the occasional love interest that last a while or his love life is a clusterfuck and he is lonely.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the episode and really liked the Howard and Raj scene that was added. I have always thought that there was scope to have Raj as a guy who realised he is happier in a relationship with a man. I had a friend who went out with women from his late teens to mid-30s and was always so destructive in his relationships. He met a gay man when he was 36 and has never looked back. This could be an interesting storyline for Raj if the show gets extended past season 10.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think it's obvious the way to fix his character but they can't do it because of $.

If money wasn't an issue you simply introduce a new main character to the show that becomes his love interest. But because they can't afford it plus the issue about screen time (the show is short as it is with the numbers they have now) they can't do it. So all they can do is have the occasional love interest that last a while or his love life is a clusterfuck and he is lonely.

Good point. I have not thought from that perspective. 

As I 've said, Raj could be alone for a while as the writers get know if the show continues or not for giving the character a nice end. 

Or he could find a new path in life and became a monk! Just kidding :) 

At least the show would not need hire more characters for be his partner :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jonny said:

A new actor on the show wouldn't be more expensive than any other guest actor cause this late in the game I don't think they'd add someone full time like the main 7. But that character could still be on regularly enough to make this a proper love story. I think Emily had a pretty decent screen time when she was introduced.

15 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Enjoyed the episode and really liked the Howard and Raj scene that was added. I have always thought that there was scope to have Raj as a guy who realised he is happier in a relationship with a man. I had a friend who went out with women from his late teens to mid-30s and was always so destructive in his relationships. He met a gay man when he was 36 and has never looked back. This could be an interesting storyline for Raj if the show gets extended past season 10.

If the show could pull this off in a tasteful way that would be amazing.

• Like 6

It´s not that they "can´t fix it", It´s not a "real problem" with them, all the fightings were for stupid things that they writers made up for conflict, the problem is that they have no good ideas or that they really like when Lenny fight, examples: 
- The no romantic Leonard was totally weird, we never saw leonard like that in ten years (was like the boat kiss, so out of his character)
- The brother coming to town? new thing again ... 
- (In the next one) Penny sad for babies and houses? really? if she want that, she just need to tell Leonard and he is going to try to pregnant her like before she finish the sentence...

IMO Raj has a real problem, for several seasons he was so bad with the relations that now he is so lonely and has so bad habits, with this episode was a good start, and with the last taping report we know is going to be better so is easy to expeculate about how to fix the problem. 
But with Lenny, what we can say? They have good jobs, a healthy relationship, a good apartment with space for family ...  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, anicez said:

But with Lenny, what we can say? They have good jobs, a healthy relationship, a good apartment with space for family ...  

And an annoying neighbor that stills lives across the hall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

If the show could pull this off in a tasteful way that would be amazing.

When has Chuck Lorre cared about doing things in a tasteful way?

Raj's problems with women most likely don't stem from some unfulfilled emptiness within that one day he will realize can only be satisfied by another man. They come from the fact that he's a spoiled, insecure, ass. As annoying as Sheldon may be, can be, is; Raj is far and away the least redeemable of the guys. This is evidenced in many ways, but most notably by his active and sincere interest in stealing away his best friend's wife. Raj is the Aqua Man of the BBT cast...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Raj's problems with women most likely don't stem from some unfulfilled emptiness within that one day he will realize can only be satisfied by another man. They come from the fact that he's a spoiled, insecure, ass. As annoying as Sheldon may be, can be, is; Raj is far and away the least redeemable of the guys. This is evidenced in many ways, but most notably by his active and sincere interest in stealing away his best friend's wife. Raj is the Aqua Man of the BBT cast...

Yes.  Raj can be very troubling at times.  The constant mentions of taking his best friend's place with his wife (actually wives--The Solder Excursion Diversion where he suggests hitting on both Mrs. Hofstadter and Dr/Mrs. Wolowitz was to me pretty horrifying....) is in extremely bad taste....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes.  Raj can be very troubling at times.  The constant mentions of taking his best friend's place with his wife (actually wives--The Solder Excursion Diversion where he suggests hitting on both Mrs. Hofstadter and Dr/Mrs. Wolowitz was to me pretty horrifying....) is in extremely bad taste....

Oh Bernadette please play my clarinet. Lenny fans hate the Raj/Penny hookup but JMO he wouldn't have had that problem with her. He mentions her again to Howard and he seems okay with that?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Oh Bernadette please play my clarinet. Lenny fans hate the Raj/Penny hookup but JMO he wouldn't have had that problem with her. He mentions her again to Howard and he seems okay with that?

Very, very troubling.  Also dishonoring his friend's union(s).  Just a not very nice set of circumstances...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Very, very troubling.  Also dishonoring his friend's union(s).  Just a not very nice set of circumstances...

What was odd back in season 3 Howard was jealous when Bernadette saw Leonard's experiment. And Leonard was dating Penny. Then he fine about Raj fantasizing about her. I think this was more troubling than the mother innuendo.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

He doesn't write the show alone and the writers have had their moments where they actually deliver some good stuff. Admittedly I'm not so sure that this is indeed where they are going. I don't trust the writers with LGBT stuff any further than I could throw them.

But at least it's an interesting story opportunity to think about. The scene in question was a surprise and quite a few people thought there was something weird about it so it's fun to speculate if that'll lead somewhere - especially knowing that in the latest taping Raj does get some sort of character growth plot. So Idk, maybe they have something in store for him, maybe they don't. We'll see...

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, April said:

But at least it's an interesting story opportunity to think about. The scene in question was a surprise and quite a few people thought there was something weird about it so it's fun to speculate if that'll lead somewhere - especially knowing that in the latest taping Raj does get some sort of character growth plot. So Idk, maybe they have something in store for him, maybe they don't. We'll see...

I don't think he writes the show at all. There are more informed souls than I on the Lorre dynamic and how it currently affects the show. But, it's certainly been intimated that what Chuck wants, the writers make happen...

Years ago, in the pre-Howardette days, this topic bounced around on the forum. There was a fairly steadfast support on some fronts for a Koothra-Wallowitz pairing.  While it seems that Howard has been removed from the equation, there is still the possibility for them to take Raj down a new path. If they do have something in store for Raj it will be a change. He's more often than not seemed to be a writers afterthought.

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I don't think he writes the show at all. There are more informed souls than I on the Lorre dynamic and how it currently affects the show. But, it's certainly been intimated that what Chuck wants, the writers make happen...

Years ago, in the pre-Howardette days, this topic bounced around on the forum. There was a fairly steadfast support on some fronts for a Koothra-Wallowitz pairing.  While it seems that Howard has been removed from the equation, there is still the possibility for them to take Raj down a new path. If they do have something in store for Raj it will be a change. He's more often than not seemed to be a writers afterthought.

Yes, from what I understand Molaro runs the writers' room, but Lorre definitely still has some influence and green lights big developments like Howardette getting a baby. If someone comes up with the idea of "I know this sounds crazy but what if we get Raj a boyfriend??" and Lorre likes it for whatever reason then it'll likely happen.

Whether they actually are so brave is of course a different question. But I guess at this point it's fair to say that they've exhausted their girlfriend ideas. To paraphrase from the episode: He already played the field and the field said no. So what now? They already picked up on one of Raj's issues the girls mentioned. Will they continue to work down that check list? Will they then try to give Raj a new girlfriend? Or will they take the plunge and go for a boyfriend because that one scene accidentally or intentionally unlocked some potential to go beyond the tired old gay jokes!?

I'll be keeping my expectations low but if nothing else it's fun to think about that cause, like you say, the writers often don't.

• Like 2

Tptb want the show syndicated for years. Lenny don't break up. It's all about money at this stage. That and J and K negotiate as a team. So Johnny won't be written out. I've seen the past three arguments for Lenny as just typical married life stuff. Albiet a bit premature on the tangent. But just a set up for more Sheldon Character development. I feel they are using Lenny as a prop. But that's jmo. 

Im not sure why we are even discussing Raj and his happiness. The guy deserves to be alone. Period.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Tptb want the show syndicated for years. Lenny don't break up. It's all about money at this stage. That and J and K negotiate as a team. So Johnny won't be written out. I've seen the past three arguments for Lenny as just typical married life stuff. Albiet a bit premature on the tangent. But just a set up for more Sheldon Character development. I feel they are using Lenny as a prop. But that's jmo. 

Im not sure why we are even discussing Raj and his happiness. The guy deserves to be alone. Period.

Nobody deserves to be alone. It is such a cruel thing in real life and not only the nicest people deserve to be happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Nobody deserves to be alone. It is such a cruel thing in real life and not only the nicest people deserve to be happy.

While I agree at this point he shouldn't have a girlfriend. While last night Raj's storyline was a bit of a stretch I actually had some sympathy for him. Three of the four girls in reality he did nothing wrong with. Deaf Emily was going out with him just for his money. Lucy was always abandoning him. Claire appeared to be play him till someone better came along. The only one that cared for him was Emily S. And the reason he broke up with her is because of the fantasy of being married to Claire and having a baby. Claire doesn't appear to be that type to me.

And his insensitivity to his friends. The Penny hookup he still brags about even after Lenny got back together. Though as mentioned earlier the Bernadette infatuation is even worse and there's been numerous other things. His track record is even worse than Sheldon's track record on sarcasm.

Raj deserves to be happy but as he is right now it's difficult to root for him.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

While I agree at this point he shouldn't have a girlfriend. While last night Raj's storyline was a bit of a stretch I actually had some sympathy for him. Three of the four girls in reality he did nothing wrong with. Deaf Emily was going out with him just for his money. Lucy was always abandoning him. Claire appeared to be play him till someone better came along. The only one that cared for him was Emily S. And the reason he broke up with her is because of the fantasy of being married to Claire and having a baby. Claire doesn't appear to be that type to me.

And his insensitivity to his friends. The Penny hookup he still brags about even after Lenny got back together. Though as mentioned earlier the Bernadette infatuation is even worse and there's been numerous other things. His track record is even worse than Sheldon's track record on sarcasm.

Raj deserves to be happy but as he is right now it's difficult to root for him.

Emily S was the only one he treated badly, yes. He was fine until his parents split up and then he slipped back into his old habit of imagining a 'spark' and dreaming of a future with a woman he hardly knew. He decided Emily wasn't right for him and then dumped her,hoping Claire would take him on. Claire was fickle but she didn't make him any false promises and she knew what he was like. I'd like to see Emily S back after a really good talk with Raj.

• Like 1

What Raj  himself wants mentally,sexually and emotionally is a woman, regardless of whether or not his friendship with Howard ever had a gay streak in it. He doesn't know how to get and keep a girlfriend who's on his wavelength but he'd like one.  Emily had a different set of fantasy interests from Raj and the gang, but when we saw her with them she seemed to fit in well enough. Of all the girls we saw Raj with, she came the nearest to being a suitable match for him. She saw through Sheldon's carp; she was educated; Bernadette liked her enough to say she'd miss her; she joined in the gang's social stuff when she was free; Raj's parents approved of her; she had a lot of common interests with Amy and eventually settled down after initial hostility towards Penny. She was even willing to have Raj  back in her bed after he'd treated her outrageously.

So, where will he find an Emily mark II ? How many women over 30, still single and on his intellectual level with interests in common - and who'd put up with him - actually exist ? 'The field' with whom he once had chances has moved on.

• Like 3