The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Looks like sheldon is now a mechanic i remember when he couldn't figure how to open a tool box

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You keep forgetting the writers think the audience is a bunch of idiots.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 6

I keep forgetting that sheldon is now a manly man and theres nothing he can't be a expert at

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Pamy is coming up in the next episode...

YAY I love me some Pamy!! :D

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I keep forgetting that sheldon is now a manly man and theres nothing he can't be a expert at

Nah, you keep forgetting to actually read the TRs because "Sheldon is an expert mechanic now" is really not what happens. LOL

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Great!! Probably another lenny fight and penny runs of with Amy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

She's out with the girls. Nothing happens with Lenny

• Like 2

I must say, I look forward to this one. It looks like the science story of Howard, Leonard and Sheldon is centered this episode. Yay!

Edited by john2p
  • Like 2

She's out with the girls. Nothing happens with Lenny

I think they are talking about the next taping, not the upcoming episode with the 3 girls.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, April said:

Nah, you keep forgetting to actually read the TRs because "Sheldon is an expert mechanic now" is really not what happens. LOL

It just another pointless Sheldon storyline. Like the RA and Emotion Detector

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I have to ask: in the early days of this show, when Penny was wearing skimpy outfits so often and there was way less of this objectionably titillating male nudity, did you use to go online and tut 'Not really trying for female viewers from those pictures'?

Internet was back then still premature ;). But you have a point. On the other hand; I don´t know if it´s true. But I got the feeling, that the "hardcore" TBBT fans are mostly men. And the writers certainly wrote more for the male population ( it was basically the geeks versus 1 beautiful girl). In season 3 it went to a melodrama ;), and the female audience came in lol. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I have to ask: in the early days of this show, when Penny was wearing skimpy outfits so often and there was way less of this objectionably titillating male nudity, did you use to go online and tut 'Not really trying for female viewers from those pictures'?

I wasn't on here back then and apparently most others weren't either. But to have more pictures of Stuart than Penny and Bernadette seems a bit strange.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Nothing against of the TBBT Lego set, which is the cutest thing ever, but how difficult is that to have those seven actors in the same room at the same time to get a proper photo shoot for a new billboard??

Ask Leonard, he might get claustrophobic. :shy:

misc_00292.gif.2bd722105265b7c1f8a6c4e125e2c5bf.gif

• Like 5

I think it's jumping the gun a lot. To suggest Lenny fight again based on a few pics. Haven't we been here before? I remember was it last season. All this talk going to be a SP episode. They weren't in one scene together lol. Just saying hold your horses. Have Lennys fights even been that bad anyway? Blown out of proportion imo. 

As for the male audience back then. Not accurate. TbbT audience has always been diverse. And was 8 million. Opposed to the 20 million audience today. So the ppl watching were less about having an agenda. It's hard to say have they tuned out male fans. But I just have a feeling they have. I mean even a lot of posters. Who used to post 2007-2010. Don't anymore. And i we'll dare say. Half of them don't watch anymore. Mostly shippers, hardcore fans who are left, and/or casuals watch. So for "Penny in tank tops not reaching for that female audience". They had a smaller audience back then.

Penny was never shown to show much skin. TBH the guys showed more skin back in the day. So I see no difference now. And yes Sheldon the mechanic. Just another example of Inconsidtebt Sheldon. Or changing Cannon with his character. Same with him putting model trains in his mouth. Even though he has germ phobias. Or suddenly he's a sexpert. For having sex once every year. You can't suspend your disbelief with this show anymore. I remember Jim saying part of the shows success. Is the lack of story character archs. So it does not confuse the audience. Reliability. Unfortunately you can't say that anymore. 

• Like 2

Internet was back then still premature ;). But you have a point. On the other hand; I don´t know if it´s true. But I got the feeling, that the "hardcore" TBBT fans are mostly men. And the writers certainly wrote more for the male population ( it was basically the geeks versus 1 beautiful girl). In season 3 it went to a melodrama ;), and the female audience came in lol. 

I'm not convinced that's true. I'm female and started watching part way through the first season: I was hooked within a few episodes. Whilst some men (not all) might have enjoyed Penny in skimpy tops, I really liked the dynamic of the men and their friendship. I have loved seeing the show develop over the years.
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think it's jumping the gun a lot. To suggest Lenny fight again based on a few pics. Haven't we been here before? I remember was it last season. All this talk going to be a SP episode. They weren't in one scene together lol. Just saying hold your horses. Have Lennys fights even been that bad anyway? Blown out of proportion imo.

And what is wrong if there was a Shenny scene in any of the coming episodes ? Last time I checked Sheldon and Penny are friends, aren't they ? Shelnard is fine, Pamy is fine, but Shenny is not ?  That is rather hypocritical. They are all friends, I don't see any difference. this is just in general,what I have observed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tenji said:

I'm not convinced that's true. I'm female and started watching part way through the first season: I was hooked within a few episodes. Whilst some men (not all) might have enjoyed Penny in skimpy tops, I really liked the dynamic of the men and their friendship. I have loved seeing the show develop over the years.

I don´t know if there is a real survey or research done. One female proves me not wrong ;). But you are right it´s just a feeling I have. Maybe it´s wrong. Anyhow, it´s not that important, we are one family with different preferences :D. 

7 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

And what is wrong if there was a Shenny scene in any of the coming episodes ? Last time I checked Sheldon and Penny are friends, aren't they ? Shelnard is fine, Pamy is fine, but Shenny is not ?  That is rather hypocritical. They are all friends, I don't see any difference. this is just in general,what I have observed.

Maybe my English is not that good, but where did  3k11u mention, that Shenny is wrong? I think the "they" referred to Lenny.... (that they weren´t in one scene together in the upcoming episode). So as I understood, explaining that the Lenny`s  anxiety for a fight is based on nothing.... (hold your horses... ) 

Edited by john2p
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

As for the male audience back then. Not accurate. TbbT audience has always been diverse. And was 8 million. Opposed to the 20 million audience today. So the ppl watching were less about having an agenda. It's hard to say have they tuned out male fans. But I just have a feeling they have. I mean even a lot of posters. Who used to post 2007-2010. Don't anymore. And i we'll dare say. Half of them don't watch anymore. Mostly shippers, hardcore fans who are left, and/or casuals watch. So for "Penny in tank tops not reaching for that female audience". They had a smaller audience back then.

Penny was never shown to show much skin. TBH the guys showed more skin back in the day. So I see no difference now. And yes Sheldon the mechanic. Just another example of Inconsidtebt Sheldon. Or changing Cannon with his character. Same with him putting model trains in his mouth. Even though he has germ phobias. Or suddenly he's a sexpert. For having sex once every year. You can't suspend your disbelief with this show anymore. I remember Jim saying part of the shows success. Is the lack of story character archs. So it does not confuse the audience. Reliability. Unfortunately you can't say that anymore. 

The writers are doing a piss poor job in my opinion in showing us why Lenny is fighting. Nobody knows why they have been fighting, and I'm not sure that even the writers knows why.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Why would the audience care what happend to Priya anyway? I know I don't. 

And I think most people don't , but it just points to one more inconsistency in the show.

7 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

You're not going to hear about Priya's life in India, nor Zack's love life in Pasadena unless the story requires it. We've got about 20 minutes to tell (a) storie(s) about seven people, not including Stuart and now Halley. Why would anyone expect that everything that happens in peripherals lives are going to be part of any story - unless needed. They can barely service the main 7 and everyone complains that their favorites are short-changed.

Only 5 characters are being short changed, because, IMO, Sheldon and Amy certainly aren't!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

You live on Hudson or James bay?  

I'm in Timmins, which is on the James Bay Frontier but the bay itself is still way north of me. 300 km or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gsxdoug said:

I'm in Timmins, which is on the James Bay Frontier but the bay itself is still way north of me. 300 km or so.

...let's go full circle here....Timmins? As in Margo Timmins? From The Cowboy Junkies? You know, that Canadian band that did a cover version of....Neil Young's "Helpless"!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

You probably could of added Priya being married and having kids to the girls night out. It would have been believable if Raj had told Howard. Certain more believable than Penny wanting kids for no real reason.

Except we're not watching a show showing us Priya's life, but we are watching a show about Penny (et al). And why do you think it's for no reason? She never dealt with any close friends that are (relatively) happily married and have a baby. Now she is exposed to it. This is SOOOOO organic.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree it makes sense that Penny now wants kids. She's found a sense of autonomy. She's relatively happy with Leonard heh. And she's constantly exposed to let's be honest her best Friend Bernadettes life. Opposed to being influenced by her "cheerleader" type friends. As a Lenny fan. I've always had a soft spot for Bernadette. She's a big part of Lenny reconciling. Bernadette has had a massive influence on the character of Penny since season 5. So it does make sense she sees Bernadettes life. And idealises the same in her life. In any case, I don't think Lenny are ready for a kid just yet. Howardette are not the showpiece couple. And I don't think Lenny are mature enough yet. I see series final. Penny is pregnant. When ever That may be. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

...let's go full circle here....Timmins? As in Margo Timmins? From The Cowboy Junkies? You know, that Canadian band that did a cover version of....Neil Young's "Helpless"!

Hmm. Didn't know they did a cover of it. Learn something new every day. She's not from here, though.

5 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Hmm. Didn't know they did a cover of it. Learn something new every day. She's not from here, though.

Synergy!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

Except we're not watching a show showing us Priya's life, but we are watching a show about Penny (et al). And why do you think it's for no reason? She never dealt with any close friends that are (relatively) happily married and have a baby. Now she is exposed to it. This is SOOOOO organic.

The Penny wanting a baby is a set up if the show is done in May.  If the show goes on till next season it would go away just like the RA already has.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gsxdoug said:
13 hours ago, Tensor said:

You live on Hudson or James bay?  

It is all relative. "Northern Ontario" is not necessarily far north as most of the population in Ontario is in the far south. Wikipedia says Timmins is at 48 degrees north. Surrey BC is in the southern most part of British Columbia but it is at 49 degrees north. Still Surrey has a much warmer climate as it is close to the pacific and warm ocean currents. Timmens is relatively close to James bay and there are no warm ocean currents.

For comparison

• the south end of James bay is about 51 degrees north.
  • I grew up in Edmonton Alberta which is father north at 53 degrees north. The average January temperature is still 5 degrees C warmer than Timmens.  Edmonton benefits from proximity to the pacific at least some of the time.
  • Seattle Washington is at 47 degrees north.
  • Anchorage Alaska is at 61 degrees north but looks like it has a warmer average January temperature than either Edmonton or Timmens.
Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3