Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

Kind of ironic if Leonard wanted to stay with Penny instead of Comic Con. If Penny was putting all the effort in their relationship wouldn't she have insisted on going with Leonard?  I see Leonard " lack of effort" and the RA have now both been dropped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Thanks @aimelabhaoise, for the spoiler.  I like that it is going to be a funny episode.  It also seems to me that working on Raj's character, during the second half of this season, means TPTB are already planning for season 11 happening.

Could also be that they are trying to make him "more worthy" of a happy ending, putting him on a track to change so it wouldn't appear too forced if we see him in a happy relationship at the end.

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Kind of ironic if Leonard wanted to stay with Penny instead of Comic Con. If Penny was putting all the effort in their relationship wouldn't she have insisted on going with Leonard?  I see Leonard " lack of effort" and the RA have now both been dropped.

Not that I agree with the "not trying" comment, but this could be interpreted as him adressing her feelings of beeing taken for granted.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bfm said:

 

Not that I agree with the "not trying" comment, but this could be interpreted as him adressing her feelings of beeing taken for granted.

The writing for Lenny tends to be one and done in regards to their storylines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CentralPerk said:

I was at the taping. Not much shamy scene but we have :

- Sheldon speaking with Leonard that Amy and him are honest each other (in my opinion, even if Sheldon is TOO honest :D I prefer that than Leonard and Penny who don't succeed to be honest each other).

- a bit of Sheldon and Amy complicity.

- the final episode scene which is hilarious. But it is better you discoverd in seeing.

Yea Sheldon has almost been honest with Amy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

In fairness, the episode starts out with penny wanting to go to comic con to make up for how much Leonard does for her :)

haha that´sounds fun, tell us more!! :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

In fairness, the episode starts out with penny wanting to go to comic con to make up for how much Leonard does for her :)

Thanks for the post. The writers have seem to have done a 180 on who's puts in more effort.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, April said:

Thank you so much for sharing some spoilers with us. Hope you had a great time. ^_^

Really liking the sound of this. Looks like all the drama wasn't for naught and we're getting something positive for Lenny out of this.

But was the drama necessary for this to happen?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the "Big Bear" episode last year and Kaley & Johnny said they'd all like to keep on doing this show for as long as we want to see them--even if it was years.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But was the drama necessary for this to happen?

Since with these writers it's either that or the kitchen island I'm gonna go with: Yes.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

Since with these writers it's either that or the kitchen island I'm gonna go with: Yes.

The writers aren't exactly thinking outside the box. I mean Sheldon became a relationship and emotion expert. Now he's a money expert.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shelldon said:

That's also for the flash forward. That's the only way this sitcom will actually let kids be seen on screen.

If the 3 leads actually try to demand a raise again, they're flat out making it obvious they want the show to end or their fellow work partners to suffer a reduction. Amy's actress should be making as much as them, so they should count their blessings.

The fact that you think Mayim Bialik should be making as much as them is purely your opinion. I don't think that's ever going to happen, since she wasn't there since the beginning. I think the people counting their blessings should be the writers since having actors as ggod as the ones they have make the dreck they're writing at least palatable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the info thankfully provided from @Aimelabhaoise, I'm really wondering why did we get all this drama and fighting story between Leonard and Penny. The fighting story stopped as sudden as it started with no closure at all, but I'm guessing that with no closure the writers easily can come back to this story anytime. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I know the show is winding down, whether there is a season 11 or not, but I hope the couples arent growing up too much, and that this comic-con episode isnt a sign that some of the things that made the guys a "crew", like comic store trips and xbox night and comic-con, are fading as they get older and grow into their lives as "mature" mates for their significant others.

I get that it would be true to life and realistic, but it still kind of makes me sad to see a comic-con trip fall apart. I feel sad for Sheldon too as the lone hold out--we know how important things like this are. I imagine the same for Raj is true since he is a fan of guy's night and other things that brings the group together (he's spent a lot if time on the sidelines over the years watching the couples do their thing).

Ill have to see how it plays out but it rings as a sort of bittersweet plot to me on the surface.

Thanks to those who gave us the info from last night's taping!

...on the Leonard/Penny side of things, I think it is great that he apparently decides to forego a trip to comic-con to spend some quality time with his wife; that she wanted him to go, but is (I'm sure) happy that he wants to stay with her, you know, the girl of his dreams is a great thing.....Your statement about "growing up" is aptly put here.  For me it is a wonderful sign.....Looking forward to seeing this episode.  (and thanks to @Aimelabhaoise and the others---sorry I forgot who gave additional info---).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I know the show is winding down, whether there is a season 11 or not, but I hope the couples arent growing up too much, and that this comic-con episode isnt a sign that some of the things that made the guys a "crew", like comic store trips and xbox night and comic-con, are fading as they get older and grow into their lives as "mature" mates for their significant others.

I get that it would be true to life and realistic, but it still kind of makes me sad to see a comic-con trip fall apart. I feel sad for Sheldon too as the lone hold out--we know how important things like this are. I imagine the same for Raj is true since he is a fan of guy's night and other things that brings the group together (he's spent a lot if time on the sidelines over the years watching the couples do their thing).

Ill have to see how it plays out but it rings as a sort of bittersweet plot to me on the surface.

Thanks to those who gave us the info from last night's taping!

Yeah I would agree.

Though I got the impression there was some kind of 'If we can't all go then we won't go' type of thing going on. Raj clearly couldn't go as his finances were temporarily being controlled by Sheldon so the other guys also made a sacrifice (except Sheldon lol). So I am not sure they were purely just deciding to stay with their partners and families instead this time, or that they feel it's time to hang it up. But I guess I will need to see it before I know for sure, but that's what I think i.e. Raj's situation dictated what they were going to do.

But could it be further erosion of some of their geeky pastimes as they get older? Quite possibly, we certainly don't see as much on that front as we used to including group based stuff.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

...on the Leonard/Penny side of things, I think it is great that he apparently decides to forego a trip to comic-con to spend some quality time with his wife; that she wanted him to go, but is (I'm sure) happy that he wants to stay with her, you know, the girl of his dreams is a great thing.....Your statement about "growing up" is aptly put here.  For me it is a wonderful sign.....Looking forward to seeing this episode.  (and thanks to @Aimelabhaoise and the others---sorry I forgot who gave additional info---).

Really nice that we finally after all fighting and drama get an episode with some tender, love and care between Leonard and Penny.

Who knows, perhaps some of the quality time with Penny was spend in the bedroom (off-screen of course). :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yeah I would agree.

Though I got the impression there was some kind of 'If we can't all go then we won't go type of thing going on', Raj clearly couldn't go as his finances were temporarily being controlled by Sheldon so the guys also made a sacrifice (except Sheldon lol). So I am not sure they were purely just deciding to stay with their partners and families instead this time, or that they feel it's time to hang it up. But I guess I will need to see it before I know for sure, but that's what I think i.e. Raj's situation dictated what they were going to do.

But could it be further erosion of some of their geeky pastimes? Quite possible, we certainly don't see as much on that front as we used to including group based stuff.

I agree and will have to see more as well. Single guys have always attributed serious relationships contributing to the death of their "squads" and with good reason--it happens. Raj has cried foul in many episodes (I especially liked the one where he threw a hissy fit during a gaming weekend and showed Amy just how to "make a scene") and like you said, we are seeing less of the guys doing their usual stuff. The girls still get together for drinks and gossip in 4b, but when was the last time they went out together? Karaoke night with the fellas maybe? 

Comic-con episodes were one of those consistent "must do" things the guys did together. It was a big deal on the show when mentioned ( the infamous threesome with Raj and Howard, getting black market tickets in one episode, planning out group costumes, etc etc) and I hope this isnt one of those things that signals the start of the end of some of these staples of he show. Yeah maybe the guys started out the same way they always do for comic-con and things just didnt work out, but in real life its always easy to find an excuse to get out of things if you want. Sheldon would have made an exception for Raj to go, even gifting him the money in the same way he helped Penny with rent once. After all, this is SDCC!! Raj played loose with his money but he didnt kill a man lol.

Eh, maybe this is all just my jitters at having no info on a S11 future and seeing all the milestones getting checked off in S9 and S10, and seeing some of the fun things with the group and the guys kind of making way for couple-driven plots and "growing up".

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 

 Maybe this is  because I'm just 23 years old, but I really  loved the way they geeked out over the time machine or the starch experiment or the paintball at Caltech or doing the physics bowl. That is what set this show apart from a lot of  other shows about relationships. I hope they don't get rid of it completely 

I agree thoroughly and I'm just nearly 60. LOL
(Age is nothing but a number) :shy:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.