The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

13 hours ago, Shelldon said:

The correct answer is both will flop.

The correct answer is you're just speculating.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JE7 said:

Raj finally getting some storyline attention at the moment...

What a waste of valuable screentime, his character is well beyond saving at this point, I think very few actually care anymore what happens with him and the time would be better spent fixing the lose ends and contradictions in the other characters/couple's stories

It seasons by season 10 getting money from your father is a story that shouldn't be done. He already looks like an idiot as is and this just piles on. If the dependency of his parents money was to be discussed it should have when Emily jr. broke up with him

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

...on the Leonard/Penny side of things, I think it is great that he apparently decides to forego a trip to comic-con to spend some quality time with his wife; that she wanted him to go, but is (I'm sure) happy that he wants to stay with her, you know, the girl of his dreams is a great thing.....Your statement about "growing up" is aptly put here.  For me it is a wonderful sign.....Looking forward to seeing this episode.  (and thanks to @Aimelabhaoise and the others---sorry I forgot who gave additional info---).

Lenny's behavior reminds me of a favorite short story,"  The Gift of the Magi."  The girl sells her hair to buy her love a chain for his watch and he sells his watch to buy combs for her hair.  After the run of fighting it's good to see  that  each make a sacrifice to please the other. She would go to make him happy and he would stay home to make her happy. That mutual respect that is so good to see.:firstmove:

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 8

The leads owe nothing to anyone but themselves not the crew or the other actors or to you. They can and should only make decisions for themselves.  And no one has any right to expect otherwise
And Mayim makes less because she is a SUPPORTING character on this show always has been always will be

Yikes. I think a GOOD actor should think of what's best for the show that is providing them with regular paid work, instead of just thinking about themselves. If they demand too much, it could become unproffitable for the show to continue. Then they will be out of work. Sure, they might find work here and there, but somehow I doubt it'll be anything like the 1 million per week that they get now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

I know the show is winding down, whether there is a season 11 or not, but I hope the couples arent growing up too much, and that this comic-con episode isnt a sign that some of the things that made the guys a "crew", like comic store trips and xbox night and comic-con, are fading as they get older and grow into their lives as "mature" mates for their significant others.

I get that it would be true to life and realistic, but it still kind of makes me sad to see a comic-con trip fall apart. I feel sad for Sheldon too as the lone hold out--we know how important things like this are. I imagine the same for Raj is true since he is a fan of guy's night and other things that brings the group together (he's spent a lot if time on the sidelines over the years watching the couples do their thing).

Ill have to see how it plays out but it rings as a sort of bittersweet plot to me on the surface.

Thanks to those who gave us the info from last night's taping!

You have made such great points in your post I agree. As a tv shows fan , I have started to watch several shows for  last 25 years and many I have not seen more than a few episodes  or a couple of seasons. Because they were alike with lots of others shows premises as it seemed I was watching same shows with diferent characters,  because  some were only centred in romantic relationships., others missed creativity, etc. Big bang is in my list of favourite shows, most of them I have seen since pilot until last episode, which I want to do too with tbbt. All of this to say with tbbt was the first time I fell in love with a show because it was creative, funny, a show of this century as it was updated about all nerd and science stuff. Few dared to play with science, one of the reasons that  why I loved so much Breaking Bad and tbbt was really something fresh, funny and spoke my language as science worker. Sure the romantic part was unevitable as they were  a group of guys without girlfriends but what always fascinated me episode after episode was the balance between guys's work, their hobbies and their relationships. Course after 10 years the plotlines loose a bit of freshness as the characters lives changed which is realistic. However the writers have all tools for keeping the plotlines of three couples and a few friends fresh as everyday there are new stuff found in science field and the nerd and geeky worlds never stop to come up with great stuff for guys gush over about with their girls.  It is on writers hands to keep the show unique in its usual high standards. They know most of us would keep watching but they also know it is rather a memorable show for always be rewatched and recommended to next generations than a show that began awesome and ended as okay. Their name are on it and everyone enjoy more if their name is connected to something long and also brilliant.  Hopefully they wont disapoint us at end.  I am crossing fingers for that. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

.... All of this to say with tbbt was the first time I fell in love with a show because it was creative, funny, a show of this century as it was updated about all nerd and science stuff.....

Word! That's just why! :shy:

ty.gif.e6b50ee89a761cd4006cdbb56f5eda83.gif

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, serenaded214 said:

Yikes. I think a GOOD actor should think of what's best for the show that is providing them with regular paid work, instead of just thinking about themselves. If they demand too much, it could become unproffitable for the show to continue. Then they will be out of work. Sure, they might find work here and there, but somehow I doubt it'll be anything like the 1 million per week that they get now.

I don't think the issue is totally money. All the wondering if there will be a season 11 seems to be about Kaley and Johnny. Interesting though it appears this taping puts Lenny in a better light.

2 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Lenny's behavior reminds me of a favorite short story,"  The Gift of the Magi."  The girl sells her hair to buy her love a chain for his watch and he sells his watch to buy combs for her hair.  After the run of fighting it's good to see  that  each make a sacrifice to please the other. She would go to make him happy and he would stay home to make her happy. That mutual respect that is so good to see.:firstmove:

Totally agree!  Maybe the writers have finally listened to all the LENNY fans

• Like 2

1 hour ago, serenaded214 said:

An actor thinks of what is best for them.  Being an actor, and being a father of one who is both a member of Equity and SAG, I can say you have to look out for what is best for yourself, no one else is looking out for you.  And money may not always be the number one thing.

The first five are set, monetarily.  If the show doesn't continue, it's not like they have to work, as actors, again.  I'm quite sure they will find roles they want to do.  Johnny and Jim are already producing.  Kaley would seem to be happy to ride off into the sunset, but I'm sure all three have and could find roles outside of the show.

Simon's already branching out as a actor, writer and producer.  Kunal can choose his roles, also.   Mayim and Melissa can also branch out.  Although they are not as set as the first five, they still are in a good position.  Two to four roles a year, as guest stars, or a movie (which both have done), would keep them visible and earning.  

Will it be as much as they are getting now?  Nope.  But that brings in an interesting dichotomy.  The first five really don't need the money they are asking for, so why are they asking for it?  Are they asking for more back end?  Have they put a price on what they need to continue?   Are the really, despite protestations, looking to move on?  Who knows?  Those are the questions that should be asked. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Yea Sheldon has almost been honest with Amy. 

Sorry. My post was initially on the shamy topic. So I wrote quickly only shamy things for shamy shipers last night and wanted to add some more information later here if no one else were at the taping.

I think Lenny need a little more communication (and I don't say shamy couple are perfect). But, as said, Leonard and Penny wanted to make the other happy, that was not bad.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, CentralPerk said:

Sorry. My post was initially on the shamy topic. So I wrote quickly only shamy things for shamy shipers last night and wanted to add some more information later here if no one else were at the taping.

I think Lenny need a little more communication (and I don't say shamy couple are perfect). But, as said, Leonard and Penny wanted to make the other happy, that was not bad.

But since you mentioned Lenny it ended up here. Again with Sheldon eidetic memory his advice wasn't really honest and he should know that.

10 hours ago, joyceraye said:

When Sheldon is telling Leonard that he and Amy are honest with each other, is Amy there ? If not, this might be a big first. I can't remember a time when Sheldon spoke in this way to anyone else . I can remember times when he used to insist Amy was only a friend, and  occasions when he mentioned he was worried about something to do with Amy, but never before has he been the one to say something so positive about the Shamy relationship in her absence. Or does my memory fail me ?

Amy was not there. Leonard explains that he doesn't want to say to Penny he dorsn't want her to go to comic con with him.

And Sheldon answers that he and Amy said what they think. I don't really understand the details but they are not afraid to tell each other absolutely everything, including bad things, that was the joke of this scene.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, CentralPerk said:

Amy was not there. Leonard explains that he doesn't want to say to Penny he dorsn't want her to go to comic con with him.

And Sheldon answers that he and Amy said what they think. I don't really understand the details but they are not afraid to tell each other absolutely everything, including bad things, that was the joke of this scene.

So both Amy and Sheldon really do what coitus just once a year?

Who knows? Have they ever said?

1 minute ago, Tenji said:

Who knows? Have they ever said?

Amy has never complained about Sheldon to the girls?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Haven't both complained to their friends about each other?

5 minutes ago, Tenji said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Haven't both complained to their friends about each other?

Wasn't Amy dishonest with Sheldon when her apartment was fixed and she didn't tell him?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:
Wasn't Amy dishonest with Sheldon when her apartment was fixed and she didn't tell him?

She was. I wouldn't take what Sheldon says as gospel. He's a flawed character (as they all are) and he tends to see things from his own perspective. In his mind he's probably squared that incident away as it all came out in the end. It's difficult to comment too much as I have very little idea of what's actually said in the scene...

• Like 4

It seems to me all the couples on the show at one time or another have been dishonest with their significant other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I agree totally with you in that the honest thing doesn't make any sense,just in this season amy  has gone behind sheldon's back twice, but  I don't see your point here, that you  vent and complain with your friends about your partner don´t mean you haven't told previously that complains  to him/her. And the coitus, we don't know if the have talked about it at all, maybe the deal is the result of a honest talk, maybe not

It seems to me all the couples on the show at one time or another have been dishonest with their significant other.

They certainly have.

Sheldon honest? He lied to Amy for two years about being able to drive. So she can drive him around. Now the show expects me to beleive Shamy have this all consuming honest relationship. And Leonard should learn a thing or two? Ha! In any case all the couples have been dishonest at some point in the series with each other. Leonard's parallel to Sheldons lie was obviously the boat kiss. I guess soon Sheldon we'll be giving out free sex advice to Leonard lol.

i do agree hope the characters don't grow up too much. But tbh this has been in effect since Season 6. When the Dynamics started shifting to more couples Dynamics. Even beyond the group dynamics. And I still don't think it's stereotyping that the girls don't want to go to cc. Wouldent that be another continuity error. If Penny was like oh boy Comic Con! I so loved my last experience!!! I mean would you expect Leonard after ten years to go oh boy a Sex in the city convention!!! No. I mean they sorta broke those stereotypes down in a way Season 6 The Bakersfield Expedition. When the girls discovered Comic books Haha. So In this case. If it's not affordable Doesent seem worth it anymore from Leonard and Howard's pov. Like it or not they have responsibilities now. Raj obviously can't rely on his parents anymore. I assume he's been cut off. Of course Sheldon still goes. With or without Amy not sure. 

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for the tidbits @Aimelabhaoise and @CentralPerk

Hope you had a wonderful time at the taping!

That's the one I couldn't think of!!  Thank you @CentralPerk (channeling my inner Maria Von Trapp just before she sings My Favorite Things---)!

• Like 1