The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Personally i think it's just another espiode of how wonderful shamy is and how bad lenny is

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon honest? He lied to Amy for two years about being able to drive. So she can drive him around.

Hell yes!, one thing is discontinuity between far apart seasons,I can forgive that,  but that was last week, come on! 

• Like 3

Just now, Judith said:

Wow, @Tensor that must have been a new record. I barely had time to go drink a glass of water!

Actually, I got a spammer within a minute once.  

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Personally i think it's just another espiode of how wonderful shamy is and how bad lenny is

Actually it sounds like a good Lenny episode. For what I've read on here Lenny are being considerate with one another. They're spending time together while Amy appears to be subjected to Comic Con.

1 hour ago, Tenji said:

She was. I wouldn't take what Sheldon says as gospel. He's a flawed character (as they all are) and he tends to see things from his own perspective. In his mind he's probably squared that incident away as it all came out in the end. It's difficult to comment too much as I have very little idea of what's actually said in the scene...

It certainly makes sense as a follow up to the episode that was taped last week where their plot was about keeping things between them and sharing secrets. So the idea that they're making an effort to be more honest is not that much out of left field. And of course I agree with you that what a character says is usually always from their perspective and not some objective fact or whatever. So if Sheldon feels like they're honest with each other then that's his prerogative.

But as you say, it depends on how this one is playing out.

Edited by April
  • Like 7

Sheldon can do no wrong though. I would say In cannon Shamy are 65% honest with each other. Lenny about the same. So again I don't like Tptb are putting Sheldon in a self righteousness mode again. It's familiar. But personally I expect more from Sheldon. And the writers at this point. If he's evolved so much. And it seems he's the only character who never gets his comeuppance in a way. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

From TBBT You Tube Channel...

One question? And this is why the show is not making sense anymore. How the hell did sheldon get that massive train engine up 4 flight of stairs. The weight of it is just impossible to get it to 4B. Oh and Amy is fine with their apartment with it there and stinking of engine oil for days. Yeah. Love conquers all.100% honesty.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

One question? And this is why the show is not making sense anymore. How the hell did sheldon get that massive train engine up 4 flight of stairs. The weight of it is just impossible to get it to 4B. Oh and Amy is fine with their apartment with it there and stinking of engine oil for days. Yeah. Love conquers all.100% honesty.

They stopped making sense a long time ago. They've lost touch clearly. Continuity error yes. But it's TbbT lol. 

Lorre: Just suggest to the audience Sheldon brought that train up all on his own. He's the muscles of the guys

Moloro: I thought that was Leonard? 

Lorre: Who? 

• Like 2

Maybe to save money tptb could let j & k go and get 2 mannequins that look like them and put them behind the kitchen island

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

It's a common comedy trope...a suspension of disbelief.  For example..Leonard, a degreed experimental physicist, mixed rocket fuel in his apartment...endangering himself, his friends and everyone else in the building.  With his background, I can't imagine that he would do this in an enclosed space.

These scenarios have happened many times on TBBT....(not picking on Leonard BTW, just providing an example) 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

It's a common comedy trope...a suspension of disbelief.  For example..Leonard, a degreed experimental physicist, mixed rocket fuel in his apartment...endangering himself, his friends and everyone else in the building.  With his background, I can't imagine that he would do this in an enclosed space.

These scenarios have happened many times on TBBT....(not picking on Leonard BTW, just providing an example) 

Or the amount of damage Sheldon foaming Kripkes lab would do to the equipment, or Bernie bringing home experimental drugs, etc...

• Like 7

Just now, JE7 said:

Or the amount of damage Sheldon foaming Kripkes lab would do to the equipment, or Bernie bringing home experimental drugs, etc...

Exactly...

• Like 1

Still I find the idea of Sheldon carrying a train engine upstairs more absurd then the other examples. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Still I find the idea of Sheldon carrying a train engine upstairs more absurd then the other examples. 

Maybe he hired an enterprising young man that he met in the Home Depot parking lot to help him...:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

Or brought it up one piece at a time...think there's a Johnny Cash song in there somewhere...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

They stopped making sense a long time ago. They've lost touch clearly. Continuity error yes. But it's TbbT lol. 

Lorre: Just suggest to the audience Sheldon brought that train up all on his own. He's the muscles of the guys

Moloro: I thought that was Leonard? 

Lorre: Who? 

So Leonard carrying the train up on his own makes more sense ?  LOL ! At least Sheldon looks bigger than Leonard.

.But I never thought about who brought it up lol. Sheldon obviously hired someone, and probably more than one person.

just one of those suspension of disbelief things like Bernadette's 10 month pregnancy.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

How Sheldon got the engine up there is for him, Ramon, Julio, Jesus, and Rodrigo to know and the rest of us to find out. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

How do we know that he carried it up stairs?  Could be wrong, bu I don't recall reading anything that indicated that he did it all on his own.

• Like 3

Sheldon said it in Precious Fragmentation when Leonard was carrying  the stuff they bought up the stairs.

1 hour ago, gsxdoug said:

Edited by Chrismo

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

How do we know that he carried it up stairs?  Could be wrong, bu I don't recall reading anything that indicated that he did it all on his own.

True. But I don't recall reading he had help either. As always things translate differently. 

1 hour ago, gsxdoug said:

@serena_1995

3kull's point is that in an earlier season Leonard was referred to (by Sheldon, if memory serves) as the muscle of the group. It's kind of like when it was demonstrated that Leonard was the centre of the group some seasons ago, but that seemed to have changed when Sheldon's popularity increased and we were treated to that "where would our lives be without Sheldon?" episode.

Ahh..ok . LOL. I took it literally. But still, Leonard is tiny and would not be able to lift the train upstairs.

also I find it rather hard to believe, that some think that focus shifted to Sheldon only now. Because from what i recall, there were many Sheldon-focused episodes in s 1-3 too.

In Bad Fish Paradigm , there was a lot of focus on Sheldon's inability to keep a secret , rather than on Lenny. In Guitarist Amplification, it was more about Sheldon's reaction to the Lenny fight. In Gothowitz Deviation, the A plot was more focused on Sheldon using conditioning techniques on Penny, rather than on Lenny.

Even in Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, it is mostly remembered for Sheldon's reaction to Penny's gift, and Howard and Raj were just supporting characters to him.

Euclid Alternative, Einstein Approximation, Pants Alternative, Adhesive Duck Deficiency, Cooper Nowitzki Theorem, Panty Pinata Polarization, Gorilla Experiment, Pancake Batter Anomaly, Friendship Algorithm, Excelsior Acquisition, Bat Jar Conjecture, Luminous Fish Effect, Bozeman Reaction, Spaghetti Catalyst, Terminator Decoupling, Bad Fish Paradigm, Guitarist Amplification—these are some of the popular episodes just off the top of my head where Sheldon plays a major role and they are all from mostly s2-3. Just saying , i feel there was a lot of focus on Sheldon in the early seasons too.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

He's good at getting people to help him. If he's asked, he'll say so. The others have more important concerns on their minds and probably won't want to know, but I do.  Perhaps he had it winched up the outside of the building and through the window which was removed and put back. The people he bought or hired it from may have delivered it in pieces and put it together in the apartment as part of the service. It could have been partly in pieces which he's now welding together. The lift car might have been removed and the engine been winched up the shaft. With the door off they might have got it into 4b.