The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

Ahh..ok . LOL. I took it literally. But still, Leonard is tiny and would not be able to lift the train upstairs.

also I find it rather hard to believe, that some think that focus shifted to Sheldon only now. Because from what i recall, there were many Sheldon-focused episodes in s 1-3 too.

In Bad Fish Paradigm , there was a lot of focus on Sheldon's inability to keep a secret , rather than on Lenny. In Guitarist Amplification, it was more about Sheldon's reaction to the Lenny fight. In Gothowitz Deviation, the A plot was more focused on Sheldon using conditioning techniques on Penny, rather than on Lenny.

Even in Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, it is mostly remembered for Sheldon's reaction to Penny's gift, and Howard and Raj were just supporting characters to him.

Euclid Alternative, Einstein Approximation, Pants Alternative, Adhesive Duck Deficiency, Cooper Nowitzki Theorem, Panty Pinata Polarization, Gorilla Experiment, Pancake Batter Anomaly, Friendship Algorithm, Excelsior Acquisition, Bat Jar Conjecture, Luminous Fish Effect, Bozeman Reaction, Spaghetti Catalyst, Terminator Decoupling, Bad Fish Paradigm, Guitarist Amplification—these are some of the popular episodes just off the top of my head where Sheldon plays a major role and they are all from mostly s2-3. Just saying , i feel there was a lot of focus on Sheldon in the early seasons too.

I think some of the difference in those first three seasons there was only five characters. Now there is seven. My point is Sheldon's screen time logically should go down. I don't have the numbers but I don't think it has. It seems Leonard and Penny's time has. Your examples of Sheldon' focused episodes I don't disagree with. But they were episodes that he fit naturally into. When Leonard went to the airport to the North Sea he didn't belong in the back  seat of the car at the airport. After Lenny got married the year or so they lived with him it seems to me took away a lot of Lenny focused episodes and went to episodes focused on him. Much more time was devoted on the Shamy breakup than the Lenny wedding . This season Sheldon was not needed to be a big part of the recalibration  episode espicially since the RA has been ignored since. The Howdette baby was overshadowed by the annual coitus. I'm sure others can come up with other examples.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

It should be that way. He is one of the three main characters. It was never just the Penny and Leonard show with Sheldon in the background. You want more Lenny then take out Amy and Bernadette who have much bigger roles over the last several seasons...there is only so many minutes of screen time available each week. Do you want Sheldon and Amy completely gone from the show? Just curious...

But isn't it just now the Sheldon show with Leonard and Penny in the background?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sah said:

It should be that way. He is one of the three main characters. It was never just the Penny and Leonard show with Sheldon in the background. You want more Lenny then take out Amy and Bernadette who have much bigger roles over the last several seasons...there is only so many minutes of screen time available each week. Do you want Sheldon and Amy completely gone from the show? Just curious...

In a perfect world I would get rid of Amy. Nothing against Mayim at all. I just don't think they utilise her character at all. And she's just fodder in the Shamy relationship. It's all about Sheldon. But that shipped has sailed.

in any case I don't think it's accurate to counter ppl who say it's The Sheldon show now. By saying the show always had Sheldon centric episodes. The first two seasons had a ton of Leonard centric episodes too. But I don't see Sheldon as diminished in his role as severely as Leonard/Penny (Johnny and Kaley) has become.

And also 99% of the time these days it's all about how can the show fit Sheldon in this scene. Example 10.2. When Penny was having issues with Bernie. They made her go to Sheldon in 4A. When it seemed more appropriate to have Her discuss it with her husband. I mean Sheldon was not relevant to the story.

6.24 having Sheldon in the backseat was ridiculous and pointless. Leonard and Penny's first wedding. Sheldon derailed it. Later this season Howardettes pregnency or birth was overshadowed by the yearly coitus. They could of reserved for another episode. 

So while I agree their was tons of examples and episodes where Sheldon was centric. Most of the time he was necessary to the story. These days most of the time he's not. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:
5 hours ago, vonmar said:

How do we know that he carried it up stairs?  Could be wrong, bu I don't recall reading anything that indicated that he did it all on his own.

True. But I don't recall reading he had help either. As always things translate differently. 

He must have got his secret driver that takes him to the secret storage locker to hall it up.

Or perhaps he just had it delivered.

• Like 1

I remember it being in the TR of the episode that the guys ask Sheldon how he got that engine there and he said he hired someone and that he would need their help to get it out of the apartment before Amy comes home. I don't know if we have confirmation that it's in the final cut of the episode though. The person who wrote the TR said they taped a few variants of that joke.

But yeah, the show isn't pretending he got that up there by himself.

• Like 8

And since when do delivery men deliver an engine that weights over a ton up an apartment with no lift. Also it would cost a lot to hire people to bring it up the stairs. it wasn't rented because he was showed wielding parts of it. He must have bought it. He probably put it in storage when he is done with it. He can't have altered the building to get it up as it would breach his tenancy. And what would the caretaker or the resident think. Or maybe sheldon owns the building now like everything else and we have a future episode of how he secretly bought the building years ago. But the most important question is did he ask Amy before he altered the apartment to fit the engine and unless as posters have said in the past about her just being there to stroke his ego, She has to be a doormat to agree to that ridiculous idea.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Or maybe sheldon owns the building now like everything else and we have a future episode of how he secretly bought the building years ago.

If this is the case, they would be borrowing from a classic sitcom, I LOVE LUCY. The Ricardos did not find out until after a while that the Mertz's owned the building they all lived in.

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

But the most important question is did he ask Amy before he altered the apartment to fit the engine and unless as posters have said in the past about her just being there to stroke his ego, She has to be a doormat to agree to that ridiculous idea.

Didn't they have an episode on how Penny didn't ask Leonard about her brother staying in 4a? In regards to all the items that have made up the stairs such as this engine and time machine the real question is with all the ADA requirements there is no way that the elevator would not have been fixed by now.

I've kept up to date with all The Big Bang Theory series, but haven't been able to stay up to date with the tenth series whilst being away from home! How is everyone finding it so far? Are the episodes still living up to the previous seasons? 

Didn't they have an episode on how Penny didn't ask Leonard about her brother staying in 4a? In regards to all the items that have made up the stairs such as this engine and time machine the real question is with all the ADA requirements there is no way that the elevator would not have been fixed by now.

Yeah they did but lenny are not claiming to be perfect. My point is in the recent TR Sheldon told leonard that shamy relationship is 100% honesty. I find it hard to believe that Amy agreed to the train engine in the apartment or he didn't even ask her.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sah said:

Getting the gigantic time machine into the apartment...

At least in the time machine episode they showed everybody trying to get it into 4 A. In this episode the engine just "appeared" in 4 B.

6 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

And since when do delivery men deliver an engine that weights over a ton up an apartment with no lift. Also it would cost a lot to hire people to bring it up the stairs. it wasn't rented because he was showed wielding parts of it. He must have bought it. He probably put it in storage when he is done with it. He can't have altered the building to get it up as it would breach his tenancy. And what would the caretaker or the resident think. Or maybe sheldon owns the building now like everything else and we have a future episode of how he secretly bought the building years ago. But the most important question is did he ask Amy before he altered the apartment to fit the engine and unless as posters have said in the past about her just being there to stroke his ego, She has to be a doormat to agree to that ridiculous idea.

You are right! And how did he fir it through the door? And he didn't tell Amy. Hhhmmm such an honest relationship. I hope the jokes which come out of the engine being in the apartment are mind bendingly funny, otherwise it feels as if it is just some cheap gag to titillate the unsuspecting viewer.

• Like 3

Was there really a shirtless Sheldon in tonight's episode taping or did I just read that somewhere randomly?If so and it doesn't make the final cut,I'm going to be more disappointed than I should :}

57 minutes ago, DoctorWhat said:

Was there really a shirtless Sheldon in tonight's episode taping or did I just read that somewhere randomly?If so and it doesn't make the final cut,I'm going to be more disappointed than I should :}

There was a shirtless Sheldon in tag scene indeed. I have read that it made the final cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorWhat said:

Come to the Shamy thread, we are losing our minds thinking in that scene haha! ;) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, April said:

.I remember it being in the TR of the episode

Can someone direct me to this taping report?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Can someone direct me to this taping report?

Yes, can it be transferred to this thread!??

To me it doesn't sound like penny is very happy about being married. The Sheldon part seems like every espiode that's been shown this season

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

To me it doesn't sound like penny is very happy about being married. The Sheldon part seems like every espiode that's been shown this season

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The writers are sadly all over the place with Lenny this season. 

• Like 4

Guys watch the episode first. I think it wouldn't come out bad like the TR States.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Guys watch the episode first. I think it wouldn't come out bad like the TR States.

Good call, but... (after watching the promo.)

o_000495.gif.446083ef959d5a9951f9f103975f4e95.gif

:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 4