The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Hum, I think he would not. He has Amy now.

The writers would find a way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Hum, I think he would not. He has Amy now.

Your suggesting a Lenny storyline without Sheldon. Did you miss 10X13 and 10X14?

2 minutes ago, ajond said:

Amy birthday just happened. he's available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajond said:

It might be when Sheldon did not kiss girls and had coitus. Now? He has better things to do. Writers should focus on lenny to have more great times, like a honeymoon or even a baby. Sheldon even doesnt live in 4 A anymore, so lenny is free to do what they want. Sheldon is not a card to be played in their game anymore.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, April said:

I think that's the kind of stuff his secret bank account is for.

Personally I think that is what the writers' account where you deposit bullshit plot ideas is for. They are drawing so much from it that soon they're going to run out of crap.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Your suggesting a Lenny storyline without Sheldon. Did you miss 10X13 and 10X14?

Amy birthday just happened. he's available.

Nope. I was sugesting what is possible to happen, as long writers want. Sheldon doesnt write himself so it is not his fault the lack of options for lenny from writers front.

He is avaiable for what?! Sex is not everything in life, if it was what you meant about he's avaiable. I think it is not everything for most of people.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

It might be when Sheldon did not kiss girls and had coitus. Now? He has better things to do. Writers should focus on lenny to have more great times, like a honeymoon or even a baby. Sheldon even doesnt live in 4 A anymore, so lenny is free to do what they want. Sheldon is not a card to be played in their game anymore.

Have you not been watching? Sheldon is inserted into every significant Lenny event.

• Like 5

When lenny redid their wedding vows who ended up in the middle of it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ajond said:

Have you not been watching? Sheldon is inserted into every significant Lenny event.

Some people think that's canon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ajond said:

I have been watching, no worries. Different points of view , nice to talk to you. See ya.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Since Penny makes more money than anything else I think her money problem are right now history. In regards to the train thing I got the impression he bought that a long time ago.

Yes, Leonard said he bought it several years ago. Since Sheldon is reluctant to take holidays, even sneaking into work or hanging around Amy's lab instead of going away, only a course in train maintenance and engine driving is going to get him to leave town for long enough to give Leonard some peace.

$4,000 must have felt worth it. Look how Amy bought Sheldon a state-of-the-art laptop to save herself the agony he'd have put her through for weeks buying one himself. She even offered to buy him three things in the computer shop when he was driving her crackers choosing game machines. Sometimes investing money in one's own serenity involves spending it on Sheldon.

Edited by joyceraye
to remove a repeated word.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

When lenny redid their wedding vows who ended up in the middle of it

They didn't even get as far as the vows - Sheldon's nice but unnecessary interruption stopped them doing even that. When he made his little speech, Bernadette skipped the vows and went straight to the end bit.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

In my opinion I think Leonard should prioritize his wife before his former roommate. I don't recall that Leonard bought something for 4.000 dollar to his wife. 

He bought her a car, she wasn´t his wife yet and I have no idea how much it costed him, but it was a mega present. Anyway I agree with you, if you can afford to spend 4000 dollars in a present, spend it in your wife, not in your former roommate 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If tptb sent them on a honeymoon you know sheldon would be with them

True ! Sheldon bought them one for a wedding present but weren't there tickets  for all three of them to go ?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anita said:

He bought her a car, she wasn´t his wife yet and I have no idea how much it costed him, but it was a mega present. Anyway I agree with you, if you can afford to spend 4000 dollars in a present, spend it in your wife, not in your former roommate 

I don't think Leonard's gift for Sheldon was out of love lol. Leonard bought Penny a car in Season 7 Friendship Turbelance out of love. I think this purchase for Sheldon was an isolated instance though. 

Edited by 3ku11

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think Leonard's gift for Sheldon was out of love lol. Leonard bought Penny a car in Season 7 Friendship Turbelance out of love. I think this purchase for Sheldon was an isolated instance though. 

With regard to the train engineer "gift".  It wasn't a gift, it was a tool Leonard used to manipulate Sheldon and it was a pricey one.  He had it tucked away for several years (several meaning more the two) and apparently Amy knew about it.

Leonard didn't give Penny a car to manipulate Penny, he gave it to her because he loves her.  Big difference.

• Like 6

With regard to the train engineer "gift".  It wasn't a gift, it was a tool Leonard used to manipulate Sheldon and it was a pricey one.  He had it tucked away for several years (several meaning more the two) and apparently Amy knew about it.
Leonard didn't give Penny a car to manipulate Penny, he gave it to her because he loves her.  Big difference.

I don't think it matters what his reasons were for the gifts to either of them. What matters is that he spent 4grand on his former roommate. I would be insanely pissed if my bf spent that much on a friend no matter the reason.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, serenaded214 said:

I don't think it matters what his reasons were for the gifts to either of them. What matters is that he spent 4grand on his former roommate. I would be insanely pissed if my bf spent that much on a friend no matter the reason.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If it was before you were going out with him, why would you need to know anything about it ? Only the friend's wife or girlfriend, if he had either, would be worth telling, if anybody.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

If it was before you were going out with him, why would you need to know anything about it ? Only the friend's wife or girlfriend, if he had either, would be worth telling, if anybody.

Please Leonard could have A. Got a refund or B. Sold it and used the money for paying down bills or to do somethimg with/for his wife.

Spending 4 grand on your pain in the ass EX-roomate when money is supposedly tight and there are more reasonable ways to use it is just ridiculous however you look at it 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Please Leonard could have A. Got a refund or B. Sold it and used the money for paying down bills or to do somethimg with/for his wife.

Spending 4 grand on your pain in the ass EX-roomate when money is supposedly tight and there are more reasonable ways to use it is just ridiculous however you look at it 

The writers will always choose a joke over being realistic
and most important..

l_120.gif.663430525c29b101a9ee5433e9e36798.gif

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, JE7 said:

But at the end of the day....its a sitcom...not real life.  Right?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Nope. No refunds allowed. All you can do is have it transferred to your taxes. It says so on the NNR site. Money is no longer  tight  for Lenny anyway, and it's none of Penny's business except in the matter of how it will affect the income Leonard will get from the project.  In the nation's interest (US is an ally of the UK as a member of the UN in times of war ) it is money well invested if it brings the completion of the work nearer. 

However, I've been thinking, since you mention it, what I would have done. There was nothing like NNR in my courting days : this sort of train was still in use as public transport. ( I took at least two daily, usually diesel but not always. ) There were  other educational  trips and holidays, though,so I've been trying to remember what they cost. If a young man who'd asked me out mentioned he'd spent, say, £30 /$40  on a gift voucher to get a very annoying friend out of the way in case  of emergency, I wouldn't be cross : I'd conclude they were both nuts and no way would I have become his girlfriend in the first place. If he'd told me later once I was his girlfriend, it would either be a matter of approving once I'd seen what his friend was like, or finishing with him, not wanting to get engaged to a man irresponsible with resources  - depending of course on how much he was spending on me if he was rich. 

Yeah, it is.  So, the guys can just go into Cal Tech because they have nothing better to do.  

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

But at the end of the day....its a sitcom...not real life.  Right?

Neither is A Struggling waitress/actress affording the same apt as Two Physicists. But tptb still need to make sense of it all. If they can't. The audience won't. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Neither is A Struggling waitress/actress affording the same apt as Two Physicists. But tptb still need to make sense of it all. If they can't. The audience won't. 

l_104.gif.c60288d99696589c567cfac00bf70fd0.gif

:shy:

• Like 6