The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

I'm not one of Sheldon's sycophants.

I prefer Amy over Sheldon.

My point is simply that, you can't break an agreement, then complain when the other party does the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My point is simply that, you can't break an agreement, then complain when the other party does the same.

While you may be correct the thing is the writers seem to find a way to justify his actions. If news came back to Amy about the model rocket, espicially since Sheldon was crying to Amy about Kripke's work being better, he couldn't of explained that.

• Like 2

The only problem with that is we don't KNOW that Amy said anything we are assuming that she did, we KNOW Sheldon told a literal stranger (he doesn't even know the cafeteria ladies name) about it.

IF Amy told Penny/Bernie it is not even close to the same as telling strangers and other random people 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The only problem with that is we don't KNOW that Amy said anything we are assuming that she did, we KNOW Sheldon told a literal stranger (he doesn't even know the cafeteria ladies name) about it.

IF Amy told Penny/Bernie it is not even close to the same as telling strangers and other random people 

....also, Leonard & Howard could have told their individual spouses....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Which is exactly what Amy says Sheldon in the episode to explain him why she is so angry at him. And he acknowledges she is perfectly right.

• Like 6

Which is exactly what Amy says Sheldon in the episode to explain him why she is so angry at him. And he acknowledges she is perfectly right.

Well if he knows Amy will be upset about it in the first place, why do it? Does everything have to be explained to a man with a very high IQ and should know better. Another example of the writers making sheldon clueless for a cheap joke.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

According to "dry", "legal" logic this could be correct, but the thing here is more about social norms and coventions. Telling best friends is not like telling strangers, and this ia not a thing one should tell the lunch lady or colleagues (who are not their close friends). This is a weak area for Sheldon, he has social difficulties (his high IQ is irrelevant in here, you don't have to have a good understading of social dynamics to score high on intelligence tests) . I think it wouldn't be surprising at all if something like that happened in season 4. IMO, the problem is that we have seen Sheldon beeing more discrete about sex (e.g., next to Lenny on "The Birthday Syncronity"), so it feels a little off.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, bfm said:

the problem is that we have seen Sheldon being more discrete about sex (e.g., next to Lenny on "The Birthday Syncronity"), so it feels a little off.

Actually, in the scene on the stairs, I thought it was Amy who was being discrete, while Sheldon simply didn't realize that Amy wanted them to go back to 4B and have sex.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

According to "dry", "legal" logic this could be correct, but the thing here is more about social norms and coventions. Telling best friends is not like telling strangers, and this ia not a thing one should tell the lunch lady or colleagues (who are not their close friends). This is a weak area for Sheldon, he has social difficulties (his high IQ is irrelevant in here, you don't have to have a good understading of social dynamics to score high on intelligence tests) . I think it wouldn't be surprising at all if something like that happened in season 4. IMO, the problem is that we have seen Sheldon beeing more discrete about sex (e.g., next to Lenny on "The Birthday Syncronity"), so it feels a little off.

Well, we've also seen him less discrete in the same episode with the "it took us hours" detail so it doesn't feel that much off. We don't know what exactly he said or how he said it but I would find it believable if he casually dropped it in a conversation somehow not thinking much about the consequences.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Would of thought Bert heard about the model rocket since Sheldon mentioned that to Kripke. I would think that was more interesting to Kripke than the once a year thing.

Well when men like Kripke who  are very , very into dirty stuff, any tip is valuable, lol!

Edited by spidergirl

15 minutes ago, April said:
Well, we've also seen him less discrete in the same episode with the "it took us hours" detail so it doesn't feel that much off. We don't know what exactly he said or how he said it but I would find it believable if he casually dropped it in a conversation somehow not thinking much about the consequences.

How many times can sheldon drop that into a conversation with multi people at different times with out realising?  But really this is well out of order and amy has every right to be fuming.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

How many times can sheldon drop that into a conversation with multi people at different times with out realising. I know you always make excuses for sheldon behaviours or twist it round to make it look like it's not his fault. But really this is well out of order and amy has every right to be fuming.

We haven't seen the episode yet but it's pretty obvious from what we know from the TR and judging from the promo that Sheldon fucked up big time in this story.

If that is indeed the case then Shamy fans I expect will call him out over this, I know I will be. Doesn't mean however that I will crucify him for making a big mistake, we all make them from time to time.

Nothing in the TR to suggest he tries to absolve blame here, he knows he fucked up and Amy has every right to be angry or upset.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

We haven't seen the episode yet but it's pretty obvious from what we know from the TR and judging from the promo Sheldon fucked up big time in this story.
If that is indeed the case then Shamy fans I expect will call him out over this, I know I will be. Doesn't mean however I will crucify him for making a big mistake, we all make them from time to time.
Nothing in the TR to suggest he tries to absolve blame here, he knows he fucked up.

Exactly my point. Called out yes. Crucify. No. But the point is, it was well out of order and I'm sorry he should know better, especially as he forbid Amy from talking about it even to her close friends.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, April said:

Well, we've also seen him less discrete in the same episode with the "it took us hours"

I don't think Amy would mind that remark too much. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Exactly my point. Called out yes. Crucify. No. But the point is, it was well out of order and I'm sorry he should know better, especially as he forbid Amy from talking about it even to her close friends

Okay, first of all we don't know that he forbade Amy to talk about this to her close friends. There was a one off joke about an NDA but we don't know what it entailed cause it was never elaborated on. For all we know the writers didn't mean anything serious with it. It's all speculation.

Secondly, he calls Amy out for talking about private stuff with her close friends. He knows that she is doing that hence why he comes to the erroneous conclusion that it's no big deal. 3 of the 5 people he told are actually part of the group. The only questionable choices are the cafeteria lady and Kripke and for all we know that might have been one conversation that led to another (i.e. Kripke hearing it from the cafeteria lady then going to Sheldon for confirmation or something like that).

Thirdly, Amy then rightfully calls him out that there's a difference between close friends and colleagues. He has fucked up big time and she has every right being angry with him. Sex gossip doesn't belong in the working place, period. And thankfully Sheldon sees the error of his ways and they talk it through and find a solution.

• Like 6

I still don't understand what kind of conversation you can have with the lady who serves your food that can lead to revealing details of your sexual life. It has me very intrigued , something like

- do you want pie for dessert?

-yes please, i have sex once a year

??????

Edited by Anita
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, April said:

True, but it did seem (at least to me) that he had an understanding that this is not a topic to talk about freely. It could be that he thinks you should not say that you are about to do it but doesn't think talking about frequency is a problem. It's not that I find it implausible, I just mentioned this as an explanation for why it doesn't feel as unsurprising as it could be considering Sheldon's problems. When he was less informed and experienced it the romantic realm he was expected to be almost completely clueless about that so things like that wouldn't ve surprising. Now that he had learned and had done more it is more difficult to understand what exactly he knows and understands about the dynamics regarding that aspect, thus making it less predictable and harder to judge (how much of it is him being inconsiderate? how much is him not understanding? and so...).

Okay, first of all we don't know that he forbade Amy to talk about this to her close friends. There was a one off joke about an NDA but we don't know what it entailed cause it was never elaborated on. For all we know the writers didn't mean anything serious with it. It's all speculation.
Secondly, he calls Amy out for talking about private stuff with her close friends. He knows that she is doing that hence why he comes to the erroneous conclusion that it's no big deal. 3 of the 5 people he told are actually part of the group. The only questionable choices are the cafeteria lady and Kripke and for all we know that might have been one conversation that led to another (i.e. Kripke hearing it from the cafeteria lady then going to Sheldon for confirmation or something like that).
Thirdly, Amy then rightfully calls him out that there's a difference between close friends and colleagues. He has fucked up big time and she has every right being angry with him. Sex gossip doesn't belong in the working place, period. And thankfully Sheldon sees the error of his ways and they talk it through and find a solution.

Yeah it's all speculations. Even thought sheldon stated that he told all parties but god forbid It's Sheldon's fault. Amy told close friends but she didn't tell a total stranger. But now it Amy's fault because sheldon doesn't know better. Wow. Just like your comments. It's you speculating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anita said:

I still don't understand what kind of conversation you can have with the lady who serves your food that can lead to revealing details of your sexual life. It has me very intrigued 

Same. I mean, Sheldon has his ways to induce all sorts of topics into conversations so if any of the characters would be able to mention their sex life to the lady in the cafeteria I can easily believe it would be him. But still...

Even if it happened in the most accidental way Amy is rightfully angry.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

True, but it did seem (at least to me) that he had an understanding that this is not a topic to talk about freely. It could be that he thinks you should not say that you are about to do it but doesn't think talking about frequency is a problem. It's not that I find it implausible, I just mentioned this as an explanation for why it doesn't feel as unsurprising as it could be considering Sheldon's problems. When he was less informed and experienced it the romantic realm he was expected to be almost completely clueless about that so things like that wouldn't ve surprising. Now that he had learned and had done more it is more difficult to understand what exactly he knows and understands about the dynamics regarding that aspect, thus making it less predictable and harder to judge (how much of it is him being inconsiderate? how much is him not understanding? and so...).

Sure he learned a few things over the years but this season alone Sheldon had several moments where he would just blurt out something private. There was the thing in 10x01 about his genitals in front of the parents, the aforementioned scene in 10x11, and even unnecessarily adding the "in sin" when telling his mother that he and Amy live together in 10x12. (You can also add the "I just gave you my virginity" in front of his meemaw from last year to the list of you like.) Sheldon being discrete is rather the exception than the rule.

14 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Yeah it's all speculations. Even thought sheldon stated that he told all parties but god forbid It's Sheldon's fault. Amy told close friends but she didn't tell a total stranger. But now it Amy's fault because sheldon doesn't know better. Wow. Just like your comments. It's you speculating.

That is exactly the point of the episode though. Amy is right. Being able to understand why Sheldon is doing what he's doing isn't the same as excusing him. What even!??

Edited by April
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anita said:

I still don't understand what kind of conversation you can have with the lady who serves your food that can lead to revealing details of your sexual life. It has me very intrigued , something like

- do you want pie for dessert?

-yes please, i have sex once a year

??????

Sheldon may have been acting like his usual persnickety self and as a sassy comeback she may have said..."you really need to get laid" to which Sheldon could have replied..."but I do, once a year"

• Like 7

That is exactly the point of the episode though. Amy is right. Being able to understand why Sheldon is doing what he's doing isn't the same as excusing him. What even!??

How many times has sheldon fucked up this season, learns a lesson and amy forgives him. It's getting old. I thought they were are on the same page now. According to Sheldon. Oh wait sheldon always speaks for both of them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon may have been acting like his usual persnickety self and as a sassy comeback she may have said..."you really need to get laid" to which Sheldon could have replied..."but I do, once a year"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!  :sarcastichand:

Edited by JE7
It works perfectly
  • Like 2

I find it interesting that Sheldon has forgotten that you don't discuss people's sex life in public, because he figured it out all by himself in the Jiminy Conjecture episode in season three. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

How many times has sheldon fucked up this season, learns a lesson and amy forgives him. It's getting old.

With Amy? This season it's the second time after 10x05.

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I thought they were are on the same page now. According to Sheldon. Oh wait sheldon always speaks for both of them.

To what episode are you referring here?

• Like 2