[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

On 11/02/2017 at 7:24 AM, 3ku11 said:

Neither is A Struggling waitress/actress affording the same apt as Two Physicists. But tptb still need to make sense of it all. If they can't. The audience won't. 

I never saw the cproblem with that. Penny had trouble making her rent. Why would S & L spend on the best apartment they could afford - 4A is quite adequate, and they're only renting. Neither seemed to have moved much beyond student standards wrt their home environment. In the same episode Penny was short of the rent, Sheldon told her he spends less than half his net income.

• Like 1

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

On 11/02/2017 at 2:50 PM, bfm said:

Second, I have come to believe that Leonard and Amy have gotten closer, as friends, since they became neighbors. I mostly saw it in "The Geology Elevation" ("Don't tell Howard") and "The Holiday Summation (the juice). Maybe it's just wishful thinking since I believe they could be great friends to each other, but IMO it's logical now that they presumably spend more time together and they seemed to be bonding over "Sheldon maintainence" stuff ("The Hot Tub Contamination", "The Holiday Summation"). I would like to see more of that. Amy had mentioned being jealous of Sheldon and Penny's friendship twice, having a good male friend may help her be more comfortable with it. We also know that both of them like complaining about work and their partners don't like hearing that, they could share complainta with each other :)

Strongly disagree, as they say in online polls. I believe Leonard quite rightly dislikes Amy but is too polite to say so. She is not capable of being friends with Leonard, and in fact she is not really a friend to Penny or Bernadette - remember how she tried to turn them against each other, hijacked Bernadette's wedding, etc. There was a little reminder of Amy's selfishness in 1001 - during Penny and Leonard's repeat wedding ceremony she imagined Sheldon was going to propose to her, and instead of waving him down and mouthing " not here, idiot" as a decent friend to P would have done, she stood up to receive the proposal.  Good to see her face change.

When Amy mentions being jealous of S & P's friendship to L, it is obvious she means that L should be jealous too - she really is poison. Leonard really needs to bar Amy from 4A, which would presumably have the added advantage of less Sheldon around.

And why would Leonard want to spend a minute with dreary Amy when he could spend the time with Penny, or if Penny's not free, get on with his work?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Strongly disagree, as they say in online polls. I believe Leonard quite rightly dislikes Amy but is too polite to say so. She is not capable of being friends with Leonard, and in fact she is not really a friend to Penny or Bernadette - remember how she tried to turn them against each other, hijacked Bernadette's wedding, etc. There was a little reminder of Amy's selfishness in 1001 - during Penny and Leonard's repeat wedding ceremony she imagined Sheldon was going to propose to her, and instead of waving him down and mouthing " not here, idiot" as a decent friend to P would have done, she stood up to receive the proposal.  Good to see her face change.

When Amy mentions being jealous of S & P's friendship to L, it is obvious she means that L should be jealous too - she really is poison. Leonard really needs to bar Amy from 4A, which would presumably have the added advantage of less Sheldon around.

And why would Leonard want to spend a minute with dreary Amy when he could spend the time with Penny, or if Penny's not free, get on with his work?

Though I agree with most of your post Leonard will not bar Amy from 4A.

4 hours ago, luminous said:

I wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day :icon_biggrin:

lennyhappyvalentinesday0915.gif.1729844f2ebac7e1a1ee9b9577697d38.gif

two-hearts-clipart_600-600.gif.b31c2635c4f5a626ea5ef66354a91603.gif

Well, that scene didn't make me happy, it was as though L&P had regressed. And that's a costume even Penny can't make look good'

They call me Mr Sunshine. Sarcastic sods.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well agree to diagree. I generally like Amy. She is juvenile sometimes but I think she is generally a good person. I certianly don't think she was trying to make Leonard jealous of Sheldon and Penny's friendship. Nor do I think Leonard dislikes her! maybe he did at the beginning, when she was femae Sheldon, even more arrogant than Sheldon himself. But that has long passed. Amy was the one who was kind of reluctant to become better friends with him for some unknown reason, I think it was season 7, but now, IMO, she seems to be much more comfortable with him.

There was always awkwardness between Amy and the other guys (except maybe not Raj, though back then he still couldn't talk to women) but it's much better now. Like I have said before the living arrangement changes made a difference to other relationships as well and I would include the Amy-Leonard dynamic in that.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well agree to diagree. I generally like Amy. She is juvenile sometimes but I think she is generally a good person. I certianly don't think she was trying to make Leonard jealous of Sheldon and Penny's friendship. Nor do I think Leonard dislikes her! maybe he did at the beginning, when she was femae Sheldon, even more arrogant than Sheldon himself. But that has long passed. Amy was the one who was kind of reluctant to become better friends with him for some unknown reason, I think it was season 7, but now, IMO, she seems to be much more comfortable with him.

I think Leonard and Amy get along because they have to get along. Sheldon/Amy, Sheldon/Penny and Sheldon/Leonard get along well. So does Leonard/Penny. Penny/Amy is one sided.  Bernadette/Amy have to. The three girls have to be together because the guys are friends.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think Leonard and Amy get along because they have to get along. Sheldon/Amy, Sheldon/Penny and Sheldon/Leonard get along well. So does Leonard/Penny. Penny/Amy is one sided.  Bernadette/Amy have to. The three girls have to be together because the guys are friends.

In past seasons yes there was a lot of example of that but not this season imo from the evidence I have seen. Amy used to have this Penny idol worship figure kind of thing going on but this season they seem on a much more equal footing. The snark and banter between them has been fantastic (the bitch cell comment for example), and there have been times where you have seen Penny really enjoying their interactions/respected some of her quips. Penny is the 'Queen of Snark' and loves it when partaking in a bit of banter which now Amy seems much more comfortable at doing.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Actually I find it strange that people are so ready to give Sheldon any possible benefit of a doubt in his actions, but will trash Amy in a second (I'm not directing this at you, JohnPhD, it is a general statement about the Sheldon fan base).

I think it's more that we have to accept Sheldon as he is. Sheldon's peculiarities were pretty much TBBT's USP from the first. I think he's a brilliant comic character. I see him as an innocent (rather than a sociopath, which I suppose is the alternative interpretation). When he acts with utter selfishness, he just can't concieve that he should do otherwise. In so far as his his character has been softened in the interest of the Shamy story, I find it rather sad.

Amy, on the other hand, is a secondary character, so one can find her unpleasant without rejecting the whole show. I don't think she's an innocent, just infantile. Whereas Sheldon is straightforward in his self-centredness, Amy is sly. Remember how she tried to trick the innocent Sheldon into physical intimacy by pretending to be sick?

• Like 1

Well, that scene didn't make me happy, it was as though L&P had regressed. And that's a costume even Penny can't make look good'
They call me Mr Sunshine. Sarcastic sods.

Not a fan of Valentine's but I got my girlfriend a scarf and a dildo and If she doesn't like the scarf she can go fuck herself. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

I think it's more that we have to accept Sheldon as he is. Sheldon's peculiarities were pretty much TBBT's USP from the first. I think he's a brilliant comic character. I see him as an innocent (rather than a sociopath, which I suppose is the alternative interpretation). When he acts with utter selfishness, he just can't concieve that he should do otherwise. In so far as his his character has been softened in the interest of the Shamy story, I find it rather sad.

Amy, on the other hand, is a secondary character, so one can find her unpleasant without rejecting the whole show. I don't think she's an innocent, just infantile. Whereas Sheldon is straightforward in his self-centredness, Amy is sly. Remember how she tried to trick the innocent Sheldon into physical intimacy by pretending to be sick?

You just made his point for him lol

Edited by JE7
Maybe he is an innocent sociopath??
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TBBT You Tube Channel....

It would be so nice if tbbt created a yt account that could be seen in Europe. Those who love the show here are so many that would be a nice touch :)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It would be so nice if tbbt created a yt account that could be seen in Europe. Those who love the show here are so many that would be a nice touch :)

Here's the problem.  In North America, Warner Brothers own the rights to distribution of the show.  WB licenses the right to CBS, again, in North America.  For those viewers in any other area, other entities own the rights to distribution.  In the UK, it appears that Channel Four Television Corporation owns the rights.  It is they who would have to set up an official channel for the viewers of TBBT in the UK.  

As we usually do, instructions on how to bypass the US copyright accounts has been hidden.     

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Here's the problem.  In North America, Warner Brothers own the rights to distribution of the show.  WB licenses the right to CBS, again, in North America.  For those viewers in any other area, other entities own the rights to distribution.  In the UK, it appears that Channel Four Television Corporation owns the rights.  It is they who would have to set up an official channel for the viewers of TBBT in the UK.  

As we usually do, instructions on how to bypass the US copyright accounts has been hidden.     

Thanks for the info, Tensor. :)

• Like 1

Does anyone really care about pictures lol. More what's on tv. 

While I agree Amy can be very manipulative. The whole SP Friendship thing etc. I also don't think Amy and Leonard have gotten closer at all. And why would they. Theirs no obligation their. SP organically was their since 1.01. I don't see Leonard and Amy having a similar friendship ten years into the series.

And I completely disagree re Lennys Valentine's Day S9. Degressing? How so. I thought it was great how they were basically saying Carp die em. Live in the now. I mean we constantly criticise the show for abandoning its roots in a way. They do something young and fun. Grandpa comes out lol. Oh that's immature, grow up ahemmmm. Anyway. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Bert has a bigger part in that episode than Leonard and Penny.

Bert deserves too. He offers more then Lenny does these days. Sad but true. That's not a slight against The characters of Leonard and Penny. Or Johnny and Kaley. I just think from a writing stand point. I understand why Bert gets more screen time, or a bigger role then Lenny. It more reflects how much the writing of Lenny has declined since 6.24. And how much they have diminished them. But hey offscreen fun!

Edited by 3ku11

25 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Bert has a bigger part in that episode than Leonard and Penny.

That's because he's with Sheldon and Amy.  If you want screen time these days, your best bet is to be near Sheldon or Sheldon and Amy.  

• Like 7

Bert deserves too. He offers more then Lenny does these days. Sad but true. That's not a slight against The characters of Leonard and Penny. Or Johnny and Kaley. I just think from a writing stand point. I understand why Bert gets more screen time, or a bigger role then Lenny. It more reflects how much the writing of Lenny has declined since 6.24. And how much they have diminished them. But hey offscreen fun!

No he doesnt. Bert is only put there by tptb to big up shamy and prolong how great they are. No one else will acknowledge that. Remember this is all Bert words with no proof at all and I don't think he is popular enough to know everything that is going on in the uni. Just look at his track record. No one turned up to his party, got stood up on a date. Etc. Does this sound like someone that is cool and in the know? He will always say nice things because he fancys Amy. Doesn't mean what he says are all true. So for the reverse jokes, which will be funny cause its not expected. He is brought in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic