[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

This isn't the first time they've counted the coffeeshop meeting as their beginning. In 8.24 they were celebrating five years so at some point they must have decided to write their history from then and not from the 'first date' Penny drove them to which she and the others talked Sheldon into making.

• Like 2

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I guess this espiode is to make shamy realize they need to have sex more often. Which of course will lead to more screen time for them

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It would seem it would lead to less screen time. Having sex more often would make them just like everyone else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

No he doesnt. Bert is only put there by tptb to big up shamy and prolong how great they are. No one else will acknowledge that. Remember this is all Bert words with no proof at all and I don't think he is popular enough to know everything that is going on in the uni. Just look at his track record. No one turned up to his party, got stood up on a date. Etc. Does this sound like someone that is cool and in the know? He will always say nice things because he fancys Amy. Doesn't mean what he says are all true. So for the reverse jokes, which will be funny cause its not expected. He is brought in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So is it possible the whole university doesn't know ? One person sympathising with Bert on a day he seemed depressed told him, perhaps ? Interesting. It's the sort of thing Howard or even Raj might be indiscreet about. I can't see Leonard blabbing.

It would seem it would lead to less screen time. Having sex more often would make them just like everyone else.

I would think it would lead to stories of amy telling penny and Bernadette how good sheldon is without details. Then sheldon going on about how amy wants him all the time

We would probably get a few storylines about them going away for weekends

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I would think it would lead to stories of amy telling penny and Bernadette how good sheldon is without details. Then sheldon going on about how amy wants him all the time

But Howdette and Lenny have sex on a regular basis. That would be like me telling Michael Jordan and LeBron James I can dunk a basketball.

• Like 1

So is it possible the whole university doesn't know ? One person sympathising with Bert on a day he seemed depressed told him, perhaps ? Interesting. It's the sort of thing Howard or even Raj might be indiscreet about. I can't see Leonard blabbing.

I don't know. All I'm saying is he could be saying stuff he's heard and exagerrating the true, just like he said sheldon is only popular because he is dating Amy. I for one do not believe that.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I have acquaintances I talk to at work. I never hang with them outside of work. It's not shocking to me he knows. Who told him? My guess would be Kripke. Though as I said earlier too bad the model rocket wasn't brought up.

• Like 1

Bert is the new Zack.  He is tool for expanding a story line.

I guess we are getting the rerun of the lenny relationship but this time it's shamy. We had Stuart to date penny to realised she wanted leonard. Stuart dated Amy for sheldon to realised he wanted Amy. The list goes on. Isn't shamy supposed to be different? All I'm seeing is comparison to lenny.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I guess we are getting the rerun of the lenny relationship but this time it's shamy. We had Stuart to date penny to realised she wanted leonard. Stuart dated Amy for sheldon to realised he wanted Amy. The list goes on. Isn't shamy supposed to be different? All I'm seeing is comparison to lenny.

Not a comparison, but the reuse of a comedy tool.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Well whatever you call it seems the stories are drying up. This episode had them still talking about the once a year coitus and Raj's dependency on his father's money. My daughters high school creative writing class IMO could of done this.

• Like 5

It boring. Recycling old jokes. The more you hear the same jokes or are used time and time again the less or not funny at all it becomes.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

It boring. Recycling old jokes. The more you hear the same jokes or are used time and time again the less or not funny at all it becomes.

Curious, if that had been Lenny and Zack at a table (rather than Shamy and Bert) having a conversation, would you have felt the same?

13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Curious, if that had been Lenny and Zack at a table (rather than Shamy and Bert) having a conversation, would you have felt the same?

Depends on what they were talking about.  Repetitious scenes from previously, yep.  Something new and different (although that circumstance is a rather rare event for Lenny), no.  

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I think Lenny and Zack has already been covered in the thanksgiving episode. I'm not sure why Lenny and Zack would be sitting at a table. But to answer your question yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think Lenny and Zack has already been covered in the thanksgiving episode. I'm not sure why Lenny and Zack would be sitting at a table. But to answer your question yes.

They ran into each other in The Fermentation Bifurcation.  Zack pops up in Lenny's life.

While I agree Bert is just a tool to expand story. Doesent change how repetitive it is. Same with Zac and Lenny. Repeated Cannon. TbbT writers don't seem to have any originality left. Started for me personally 6.24. When S/P went shopping for Leonard's big send off party. Basically a repeat of 1.3 When SP went shopping. Since then the show has been going around in circles. 

ETA: Btw is their a taping today? 

Edited by 3ku11

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

While I agree Bert is just a tool to expand story. Doesent change how repetitive it is. Same with Zac and Lenny. Repeated Cannon. TbbT writers don't seem to have any originality left. Started for me personally 6.24. When S/P went shopping for Leonard's big send off party. Basically a repeat of 1.3 When SP went shopping. Since then the show has been going around in circles. 

ETA: Btw is their a taping today? 

No taping today

• Like 1

Hi,everyone,I am sorry I'm just a newbie here.

I just read a few pages on the forum, and I'm confused about the rules here. I noticed some posts clearly contains character trashing and they are fine but the posts that pointing out there are character trashing just got deleted instead.In fact, if there were no quoting system on the forum I could never read the posts that are pointing out the character trashing, so I'm just confused.

Regarding the next episode, I'm not interested in both story plots, I think the "once a year" is becoming a ridiculous running gag, and the writers just put there to fill up the several minutes this episode needed, same goes to the "spoiled Raj"plot. But I have to admit that I'm surprised that the writers countinued the "spoiled Raj" plot at first(unlike the tenure plot that never got mentioned again), I felt so refreshing. But then I realized this is just a simple excuse to serve the purpose of not let the guys to go to Comic-Con, so I'm just very disappointed, again.

This reminded me that we got Lenny went to that comic con in 1006, instead of some funny plots like what happened in Serial Apeist 2 and Penny told some behind the scenes story to the    fans there, we got the "Leonard wore Penny down",again.

So basically, once in a while, the writers got a new and refreshing idea or  interesting writing but instead of elaborating that, they quickly went to the same old NOT funny plots. Instead of using that premise to create a funny plot they got the guys NOT going to the comic con. I'm not sure anyone would like to see the guys NOT go to comic con, like seriously? Such a waste!

(And please forgive my poor grammar here because English is not my first language.Thank you all!)

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, snapepans said:

Hi,everyone,I am sorry I'm just a newbie here.

I just read a few pages on the forum, and I'm confused about the rules here. I noticed some posts clearly contains character trashing and they are fine but the posts that pointing out there are character trashing just got deleted instead.In fact, if there were no quoting system on the forum I could never read the posts that are pointing out the character trashing, so I'm just confused.

First off, welcome to the forums.  We hope you enjoy your time here.   

As for the rules, they can be found in this thread.  The first post spells out the rules.  The second is an update to the rules, .  The last post explains the rules for the Ship Zones.   Please read them.

Basically, don't comment negatively about another person, or group of people, keep your comments about the show.  We will hide or edit posts that don't meet our rules.  It depends on the time required and/or available as to whether they are hidden or edited.  Also, it depends on the record of the poster.  If a quote can be edited to remove personal or group attacks, we may leave the quote, even if we hide the entire post the quote comes from.  

With all that said, we are not perfect.   If a post has been quoted, we may miss the post where the quote appears or someone may be writing a post with a quote, when we hide the original post.   Sometimes, we will hide a post and the moderators will discuss those hidden posts where we are uncertain and reinstate a post if, after discussion, we feel it was hidden in error.   Sometimes, if we are uncertain, we will leave it up, until it can be discussed.

What I believe you are seeing, is something like this:

Poster A makes a negative comment about a character.  This is allowed under our rules.

Poster B comments negatively about Poster A, or talked negatively about how Poster A commented on the show.   This is not allowed and we will hide or edit this type of post.

Poster C then quotes Poster B.  Normally we would hide or edit the quote in this post to take out Poster B's negative comments, but sometimes, we miss this post.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

First off, welcome to the forums.  We hope you enjoy your time here.   

As for the rules, they can be found in this thread.  The first post spells out the rules.  The second is an update to the rules, .  The last post explains the rules for the Ship Zones.   Please read them.

Basically, don't comment negatively about another person, or group of people, keep your comments about the show.  We will hide or edit posts that don't meet our rules.  It depends on the time required and/or available as to whether they are hidden or edited.  Also, it depends on the record of the poster.  If a quote can be edited to remove personal or group attacks, we may leave the quote, even if we hide the entire post the quote comes from.  

With all that said, we are not perfect.   If a post has been quoted, we may miss the post where the quote appears or someone may be writing a post with a quote, when we hide the original post.   Sometimes, we will hide a post and the moderators will discuss those hidden posts where we are uncertain and reinstate a post if, after discussion, we feel it was hidden in error.   Sometimes, if we are uncertain, we will leave it up, until it can be discussed.

What I believe you are seeing, is something like this:

Poster A makes a negative comment about a character.  This is allowed under our rules.

Poster B comments negatively about Poster A, or talked negatively about how Poster A commented on the show.   This is not allowed and we will hide or edit this type of post.

Poster C then quotes Poster B.  Normally we would hide or edit the quote in this post to take out Poster B's negative comments, but sometimes, we miss this post.  

Thank you for your help, I'm off to read these rules and I hope I can understand them and don't break them in the future.Thank you!

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic