The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Thought you wanted to see their 'smart and beautiful babies'? Surely more likely with a two-year renewal?

Your never actually going to see a baby. Her being pregnant is enough IMO for that storyline. Don't need two more seasons for that. That can be wrapped up in an April taping.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Thought you wanted to see their 'smart and beautiful babies'? Surely more likely with a two-year renewal?

Not if we have to slog through two and a half more years of Lenny fighting for most of their plots or stuck behind the counter, if they aren't.   Besides, if Penny get's pregnant surly they will turn Sheldon into a pregnancy and baby expert and rush him into the delivery room.  

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

Why are people upset by the renewal? This is a fan site, I understand the writers have been getting lazy, and hopefully this new 2 season renewal will give them a new sense of inspiration, but I personally would be devastated if the show wasn't renewed, even if it remained as is :(! 

It would seem to me it would give them more reason to be lazy. Why would it give them a new sense of inspiration when they would have two more guaranteed seasons. They always say an athlete does better when he is in his final year of a contract. You would think the writers would have that same mentality.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 6

So my last post got removed. Why? Just stating my opinion. Not slagging off anyone or breaking any rules. I guess talking about a couple sexual exploit is not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Your never actually going to see a baby. Her being pregnant is enough IMO for that storyline. Don't need two more seasons for that. That can be wrapped up in an April taping.

Yes I want to see that. But you don't need two full more seasons. And 48 episodes to do that. You could easily wrap this show up in one taping. Like Chrismo said. April taping Penny's pregnant the end. Theirs no big payoff to this show. But as it is looks like this show is going to extend two more seasons. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Ppl still love the show. And I still love the characters. But I personally think the stories are drying up. And they are running out of ideas. And are going around in circles. Repeated Cannon. So I just cannot imagine two more seasons of this show. 

33 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Not if we have to slog through two and a half more years of Lenny fighting for most of their plots or stuck behind the counter, if they aren't.   Besides, if Penny get's pregnant surly they will turn Sheldon into a pregnancy and baby expert and rush him into the delivery room.  

Sheldon we'll deliver and be the midwife. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

All i can see with renewing it for 2 more seasons will be another 40 espiodes or so of sheldon trying to act like an adult the other characters will still be in the back ground telling us what a great friend sheldon is

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Very happy about the renewal!!*raises mug of tea*. Whoo! Two more years of posts here too :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes that's one of the positives. This forum continuing. May not see eye to eye sometimes. But we all love the show, most of the time Haha. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

Why are people upset by the renewal? This is a fan site, I understand the writers have been getting lazy, and hopefully this new 2 season renewal will give them a new sense of inspiration, but I personally would be devastated if the show wasn't renewed, even if it remained as is :(! 

2 seasons won't give them any inspiration besides finding new ways to stall. Look how lazy Season 8 was right after they found out they had 3 more years in the bag.

Each half a season should have at least one major plot development. First half of s11: Howard's father. 2nd half of s11: Raj marriage. First half of s12: Lenny decide to have baby and something resolving Penny's career. 2nd half of s12: Shamy marriage. Cue the curtains.

• Like 3

Got a comment and a question. If the numbers are true the main 5 are getting 24 million dollar a year. It appears to be the same pay. My comment is unlike free agent baseball players for example most go to the highest bidder if they have more than one offer. It seems to me no one in the cast would get more money any where else.

My question is about the non money issues of a contract. Star athletes of the past like Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson have had coaches fired if they did get along with them. In the case of the writers let's say for example Kaley or Johnny don't like a script for example because they don't like the direction of the story (another Lenny fight for example) or their part in the story (standing in the kitchen). Can they veto a story? Can they get a writer fired? Just curious.

• Like 2

Is the renewal of TWO years a rumor or ture?  TBH I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I'm happy we got two more years to watch all the characters, I love them so I want more; on the other hand, I just don't think the writers have that abilities or attitude to provide more funny or at least decent story plots.

I have read lots of reviews about this show, some people say that the writers don't have any plan, they just "wing it". At first, I don't believe this, I think the writers AT LEAST have some story frames, then put the new plots into them.  But then, after season 8,  I kinda felt the reviews were right. And after season 9, yeah, I'm convinced. Some people say that season 8 was a train wreck, in my opinion, season 9 was the REAL train wreck. 

The "lame" break up of Shamy, the "make up and NO follow-up"  sex of Shamy, the "NO newlyweds feelings" of Lenny, the "NO decent story"of Lenny, the "destruction" of Raj,  Howardette barely survived, but no, they got them pregnant, and based on what we got of Halley in season 10, we never see her, just that horrible noise, so why would the writers let them pregnant in the first place? Because that was the only thing the writers provided to Howardette. And even the one and only science plot was "meh". 

Most of the time, I got the feeling that the writers just "phoning it in"(ironically I learned the phrase from this very own show). 

In season 10, we finally got the change of Living arrangements(for now), some of Shamy's traits were back, Howardette was good and funny, but we still got lame and unfunny story of Lenny and Raj. TBH, I'm still surprised that we got the change of LA AT ALL, not to mention it was so refreshing and unpredictable. Then my good friend who is a big fan of the show told me that was because the writers didn't know whether season 10 was the last season or not, so for the sake of the completion of the show, they had to speed up the progress. And I agree with her. But now, seems like we got another TWO seasons, another 48 episodes...knowing the writers, I'm just worried. Oh, well......

Above are just my opinion.

Edited by snapepans
  • Like 9

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Got a comment and a question. If the numbers are true the main 5 are getting 24 million dollar a year. It appears to be the same pay. My comment is unlike free agent baseball players for example most go to the highest bidder if they have more than one offer. It seems to me no one in the cast would get more money any where else.

My question is about the non money issues of a contract. Star athletes of the past like Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson have had coaches fired if they did get along with them. In the case of the writers let's say for example Kaley or Johnny don't like a script for example because they don't like the direction of the story (another Lenny fight for example) or their part in the story (standing in the kitchen). Can they veto a story? Can they get a writer fired? Just curious.

I believe that they can provide input.  From table reads on Wednesday through tape day, they rehearse over and over again. The crew provides the laughs that they feed off of until the live audience arrives on taping night.  Throughout the rehearsal process I would imagine that they have the opportunity to speak up. 

As for the writers...the cast has always been extremely supportive of the writing team.

• Like 3

With two more seasons, I hope they will make an effort to do more stories with the whole group together and even ones where they go on trips (some of my favorite episodes are always those episodes which include the whole group), and we see Lenny visit Penny or Leonard's families hometowns. We are long overdue for Nebraska being visited. There are plenty of stories to tell, and I just want Amy's backstory and family to be told. I just can't believe how little they do with Amy's family after 7 years. Wow.

Shamy marriage and Lenny pregnant is bound to be delayed. I just know Shamy won't get married until the final episode. So they may not even get engaged until season 11 or start of 12.

Edited by wonder63
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Does anybody think the sets will change to freshen things up a bit?  A move for Lenny and/or Shamy?

They might freshen up the sets, but no moves.  Those sets are iconic.  

4A, hallway and 4B will remain.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I stopped liking Kripke when he sent Amy the naked picture of himself, then asked her (on a live web show no less), "How many men do you have sex with?"

He used to be funny, but now he's just creepy and pervy. vomit.gif.02d37a6cbd77716679ad09c537b59f53.gif

I know what you mean, and I agree he is creepy.

But Kripke is always creepy, nothing new. Then why did he sent his nude photo to Amy in 905? IMO that was because he learned what Sheldon told him about "Shamy's sex life", he falsely thought Amy was that kind of woman, and knowing Amy was single, he sent that photo. It was very IC for him to do. 

And now thank you April, I learned that the actor was not available in season 10. But what about season 7, 8, 9?

And thank you Stephen Hawking for reminding me that live episode of FWF, that was a perfect time for him to talk about "Shamy's sex life" with Shamy. But no, that never happened. 

11 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Things have always been made easier for Sheldon. Leonard's kiss with Mandy and Penny's marriage to Zack were events never seen but made into stories. Sheldon on the other hand discusses sex acts with Kripke but the writers have completely forgotten that.

The bold part, I agree. And now I guess the reason we never got "Kripke talking Shamy's sex life with Shamy" in season 7, 8, 9 is because the writers intentionally want Sheldon to "dodge that bullet"IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Does anybody think the sets will change to freshen things up a bit?  A move for Lenny and/or Shamy?

With two years, it's possible.  One year wouldn't be economical, but two could be.  

52 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

You also have to take into account there are salary limits set up in sports (at least in the US).  In these kind of cases, the actors have a lot of leverage, as the shows wouldn't be the same without them.  

52 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

With the way the writers room works on this show, I don't see how they could get a writer fired.  The stories have three people listed on the story, and three listed on the teleplay, and usually one of the creators/showrunner (Lorre, Prady, or Molaro) are on those list.

Lorre got fired from two shows he created because of the stars, but those shows were built around the stars and the network supported the stars.  You might remember in the latest case with Lorre, the network supported him, not the star.  Some stars get Executive Producer status, to protect their character (see Mark Harmon on NCIS) .  I'm interested to see if any of the actors get producer billing.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

With two more seasons, I hope they will make an effort to do more stories with the whole group together and even ones where they go on trips (some of my favorite episodes are always those episodes which include the whole group), and we see Lenny visit Penny or Leonard's families hometowns. We are long overdue for Nebraska being visited. There are plenty of stories to tell, and I just want Amy's backstory and family to be told. I just can't believe how little they do with Amy's family after 7 years. Wow.

Shamy marriage and Lenny pregnant is bound to be delayed. I just know Shamy won't get married until the final episode. So they may not even get engaged until season 11 or start of 12.

Tbf Amy is a supporting character. I don't think most of the Audience care enough about Amy's backstory.

• Like 2