[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

They might freshen up the sets, but no moves.  Those sets are iconic.  

4A, hallway and 4B will remain.

Agreed. Maybe final season or even final episode. But doubt it changes, the big changes already happened with the living arrangements, that is change enough.

Only change I see next is just the sets changing a bit. I wonder if Lenny will put that dinning room table into the apartment now that Sheldon is moved to 4B. lol I'm surprised they haven't, but guess eating at the coffee table is going to keep staying the same until the end.

4 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

>_> You seem to have some sort of problem with Amy when she's basically part of the main four now. (Raj, Bernadette, and Howard are the real supporting characters in this day and age).

What kind of logic is that? Any half-way decent show makes an attempt to flesh out a main star, even when that main star joins late. Amy is well past the point of us not needing to know anything about her. She's part of the flagship couple that is part of every CBS promo for the show.

Exactly. Besides she is a main character and been on the show for 7 years. The days of the original 5 is such a small part of the show now, what difference does one episode featuring some insight into her family or showing them do. Shamy is a major couple, it makes sense. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

>_> You seem to have some sort of problem with Amy when she's basically part of the main four now. (Raj, Bernadette, and Howard are the real supporting characters in this day and age).

What kind of logic is that? Any half-way decent show makes an attempt to flesh out a main star, even when that main star joins late. Amy is well past the point of us not needing to know anything about her. She's part of the flagship couple that is part of every CBS promo for the show.

She is a supporting character because she is unnecessary without Sheldon. Her lesser pay also reflects that.

• Like 4

I expect Leonard and Penny to change the way they see each other. Makes sense Penny's more harsher. Because why hold back? They know each other so well now. And with Leonard he got her. He Doesent need to impress her anymore. So I wish and hope seeing Penny to harshen a bit. But I also know it's realistic characters change after a decade. But that's just my Take on it. I'm not so concerned about the way Lenny are with each other. Just their lack of screen time. I'm fine with TbbT continuing for the sake of this site. 

2 hours ago, snapepans said:

Is the renewal of TWO years a rumor or ture?  TBH I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I'm happy we got two more years to watch all the characters, I love them so I want more; on the other hand, I just don't think the writers have that abilities or attitude to provide more funny or at least decent story plots.

I have read lots of reviews about this show, some people say that the writers don't have any plan, they just "wing it". At first, I don't believe this, I think the writers AT LEAST have some story frames, then put the new plots into them.  But then, after season 8,  I kinda felt the reviews were right. And after season 9, yeah, I'm convinced. Some people say that season 8 was a train wreck, in my opinion, season 9 was the REAL train wreck. 

The "lame" break up of Shamy, the "make up and NO follow-up"  sex of Shamy, the "NO newlyweds feelings" of Lenny, the "NO decent story"of Lenny, the "destruction" of Raj,  Howardette barely survived, but no, they got them pregnant, and based on what we got of Halley in season 10, we never see her, just that horrible noise, so why would the writers let them pregnant in the first place? Because that was the only thing the writers provided to Howardette. And even the one and only science plot was "meh". 

Most of the time, I got the feeling that the writers just "phoning it in"(ironically I learned the phrase from this very own show). 

In season 10, we finally got the change of Living arrangements(for now), some of Shamy's traits were back, Howardette was good and funny, but we still got lame and unfunny story of Lenny and Raj. TBH, I'm still surprised that we got the change of LA AT ALL, not to mention it was so refreshing and unpredictable. Then my good friend who is a big fan of the show told me that was because the writers didn't know whether season 10 was the last season or not, so for the sake of the completion of the show, they had to speed up the progress. And I agree with her. But now, seems like we got another TWO seasons, another 48 episodes...knowing the writers, I'm just worried. Oh, well......

Above are just my opinion.

Well said and welcome to the thunderdome :icon_razz:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

Some confirmation from CBS that they are "close" is a good sign.  I'm afraid the writers will get lazy if renewed for 48 more episodes. 

Even lazier than now ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I think the writers should be fired and replaced with new blood.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, snapepans said:

For example, in 1007, we got that "Penny hides some of Leonard's nerdy stuff" plot and in the tag, we got that "Penny redecorated the room and turned it into some Pink Storm"plot, and, IMO, these were just totally CRAP. The "Penny" we knew would collect some normal things Leonard gave to her as keepsake, 

And she would say this:

PENNY: You are a great guy and it is the things you love that make you who you are.

I miss her.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

And she would say this:

PENNY: You are a great guy and it is the things you love that make you who you are.

I miss her.

That was ten years ago. They were Just friends then. Is it unrealistic to expect Penny to be written the same ten years later? Probably. I don't know my perspective is. People change even in sitcoms. I just feel characters change. For better or for worse. 

24 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

2 more seasons sounds good to me :icon_cheesygrin:

I agree. I have been looking for this kind of news.

I'd like Lenny to get a few stories to please the Lenny fans to help this be a happier place. 

For me I'd like more science and science fiction/fantasy references.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That was ten years ago. They were Just friends then. Is it unrealistic to expect Penny to be written the same ten years later? 

When it comes to kindness, yes, I do expect that from her 10 years later especially when it comes to her husband. Going from being kind to being downright mean isn't something I would call character progression, I'd call it character assassination. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, snapepans said:

In season 10, we finally got the change of Living arrangements(for now), some of Shamy's traits were back, Howardette was good and funny, but we still got lame and unfunny story of Lenny and Raj. TBH, I'm still surprised that we got the change of LA AT ALL, not to mention it was so refreshing and unpredictable. Then my good friend who is a big fan of the show told me that was because the writers didn't know whether season 10 was the last season or not, so for the sake of the completion of the show, they had to speed up the progress. And I agree with her. But now, seems like we got another TWO seasons, another 48 episodes...knowing the writers, I'm just worried. Oh, well......

Above are just my opinion.

WELL SAID ! Season 9 was a train wreck, even more than season 8. IMO, the writers only changed the living arrangements because they thought season 10 is the last. Now that they are guaranteed more seasons, i fear they'll become complacent and lazy and they will either give us recycled plots or, even worse,  introduce unnecessary relationship drama to prolong certain things,  to the point that when those things actually happen, I'll lose interest. Hope I'm wrong though.

22 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

For me I'd like more science and science fiction/fantasy references.

Me too ! I'd like more science and sci-fi references !

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, snapepans said:

And now thank you April, I learned that the actor was not available in season 10. But what about season 7, 8, 9?

If you're looking for a continuation for a specific story: I'm sorry, buddy, but you're just out of luck here! They do that pretty often in that they have plots that have the potential for future stories but rarely if ever follow up on something like this. Especially not years later when it's not an ongoing plot.

For example: We still don't know who got tenure and probably never will. If we ever get a tenure plot again it will probably be unrelated to the tenure episode in S6. (From what I understand about how tenure works the plot was a bit nonsensical anyway so they might as well write a more believable scenario if they ever give it a go again.)

Edited by April
  • Like 5

Regarding Leonard and Penny's bedroom:
Leonard gave Penny a carte blanche to redecorate their bedroom ("decorate it any way that makes you happy").
When Penny showed Leonard the newly decorated room she admitted that she went "a little overboard" and offered to style it back at any time. But Leonard, whose first reaction indicated that he wasn't really excited about the new decoration, declined the offer immediately and showed again that Penny always comes first for him ("it's important to me, that you have the bedroom you want"). And obviously not all of Leonard's stuff is gone. His bookshelf with his collection of comic books and CD's is still there. You can see that in picture below.

1007-00001.jpg.dd46ba6e7c3d2792369b89299dafa45d.jpg

• Like 6

Not sure where this post should go but I guess it's apropos the popularity of the show and the influence on resigning for another coupla' years. As one indicator of how popular this show is around the globe, in relatively tiny Melbourne, Australia I can see, tonight (Thurs Feb 17), TBBT across 3 stations starting at 7.30pm with the last episode at 11pm! That's 8 episodes in one evening on free to air television. FYI we get Helium, Spock, Geology, Fetal, Champagne, Clean Room, Space Probe and Anxiety. Still one very popular program!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Leonard gave Penny a carte blanche to redecorate their bedroom ("decorate it any way that makes you happy").
When Penny showed Leonard the newly decorated room she admitted that she went "a little overboard" and offered to style it back at any time. But Leonard, whose first reaction indicated that he wasn't really excited about the new decoration, declined the offer immediately and showed again that Penny always comes first for him ("it's important to me, that you have the bedroom you want"). And obviously not all of Leonard's stuff is gone. His bookshelf with his collection of comic books and CD's is still there. You can see that in picture below.

Not buying this at all. The entire room nearly gutted of anything resembling Leonard except for one bookcase? New digs is 7/8th Penny and 1/8th Leonard? Nuh-uh. And that was a very nice thing for Leonard to say and was a lovely gesture and I truly think he meant it but I think Leonard is kinda hurt by the Penny room pillage and the near total erasure of his presence there. Or why else was he hiding the pillows in the tag scene? A passive/aggressive vindictive swat if there ever was one.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Not buying this at all. The entire room nearly gutted of anything resembling Leonard except for one bookcase? New digs is 7/8th Penny and 1/8th Leonard? Nuh-uh. And that was a very nice thing for Leonard to say and was a lovely gesture and I truly think he meant it but I think Leonard is kinda hurt by the Penny room pillage and the near total erasure of his presence there. Or why else was he hiding the pillows in the tag scene? A passive/aggressive vindictive swat if there ever was one.

Agreed. Plus, they can write Leonard being OK with a lot of things. Doesn't mean I have to be.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, agt_1 said:

Not sure where this post should go but I guess it's apropos the popularity of the show and the influence on resigning for another coupla' years. As one indicator of how popular this show is around the globe, in relatively tiny Melbourne, Australia I can see, tonight (Thurs Feb 17), TBBT across 3 stations starting at 7.30pm with the last episode at 11pm! That's 8 episodes in one evening on free to air television. FYI we get Helium, Spock, Geology, Fetal, Champagne, Clean Room, Space Probe and Anxiety. Still one very popular program!!

Hi live in melbourne watching new episode now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

So Leonard should have a shrine dedicated to His Geekdom. And Penny should just go with it? I think both should have a room that reflects both of them. 

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Take away the aggressively pink fluffy stuff and it's actually not that bad. LOL I mean, the blue/rose covers are quite nice and the rest of the new furniture fits with the colour scheme. Although I'd keep the brown chair and maybe get rid of the blue bench cause the room looks a bit crowded.

Also, find some decorative artsy geeky prints from Leonard's collection that go with the room. I mean, the set designers have found some really cool posters in terms of graphic design. There has to be something that can go with Penny's birdies and flowers. But then again I'm not Penny and actually like geeky stuff so what do I know!?

I'd love to see the room again now a few episodes later so see if there were any changes made that make it a more organic mix of the two!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, April said:

Take away the aggressively pink fluffy stuff and it's actually not that bad. LOL I mean, the blue/rose covers are quite nice and the rest of the new furniture fits with the colour scheme. Although I'd keep the brown chair and maybe get rid of the blue bench cause the room looks a bit crowded.

Also, find some decorative artsy geeky prints from Leonard's collection that go with the room. I mean, the set designers have found some really cool posters in terms of graphic design. There has to be something that can go with Penny's birdies and flowers. But then again I'm not Penny and actually like geeky stuff so what do I know!?

I'd love to see the room again now a few episodes later so see if there were any changes made that make it a more organic mix of the two!

Yes, hiding the two pink cushions in 4b closet, Leonard has already made a huge improvement in that room. If he can negotiate to have the two pink covers on the bed and on the chair go, I think the room is not that awful. Some geeky prints, as you suggested, and a couple of action figures on his nightstand and I think the room will be a good compromise between the two of them. Some of the furniture are his own, Penny added the chairs, the bench and the headboard.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic