[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

Just now, No Regrets said:

Miserable? LOL dear Lord no. I was miserable when my mom was in hospital last week (she's fine). If this show made me miserable I'd stop watching and also probably think about therapy.

Good for you then! (And good to hear your mom is fine!)

It's really just meant as an advice of self-care for anyone who is starting to feel burnt out or something. I've seen this so often in fandoms when people continue to watch shows they started to hate and let's just say it's not the most healthy thing to do. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and walk away. (I sure have dropped my fair share of shows in the past as well...)

Just now, No Regrets said:

My happy place on TV right now is "This is us". Brilliant show. Great writing, amazing cast. 

Happy place? Interesting. The only thing I've heard about "This is us" is that it's super depressing. It's probably one of those shows I'll sit out for now and binge when it's finished and I'm in the right mood for a good cry or something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't recall either Zack or Claire being present, but, as you say, it was a public place, where strangers could overhear them.

From The Fermentation Bifurcation:-

Amy: It’s true. Even Einstein’s theory of relativity was later applied to the development of nuclear weapons.

Penny: E equals MC squared. Yeah. E is for energy, M for mass, and C for the speed of light.

Amy: How do you know that?

Penny: Oh, Leonard mumbles it when he wants sex to last longer.

Yes, but the point of that line was to tell the audience, not other characters. She had to say it to someone.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, luminous said:

Nah! Won't happen!

While I'm definitely NOT happy with all things regarding Lenny for quite some time now, I still find enough to enjoy Lenny or the show (because, believe it or not...I'm not just a shipper, but also a fan of the show as a whole). I know, among my fellow Lennies I'm in the minority, or maybe I'm even the only one who feels this way.

I won't give up on Lenny. Forget it!  I won't jump ship. I'm loyal to my ship, no matter how much TPTB are trying to defile my OTP. I love them too much.

You are not the only one! *holding to the ship trying to survive the storm*

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes, but the point of that line was to tell the audience, not other characters. She had to say it to someone.

The point of ANY line on TV or movies or books is to tell the audience. That's not the reason she said it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Does anybody think the sets will change to freshen things up a bit?  A move for Lenny and/or Shamy?

As long as Shamy don't have kids and Lenny no more than 2 young ones they can keep their current appartments. So they can easily stay there for two more years, even more... 

7 minutes ago, April said:

Good for you then! (And good to hear your mom is fine!)

It's really just meant as an advice of self-care for anyone who is starting to feel burnt out or something. I've seen this so often in fandoms when people continue to watch shows they started to hate and let's just say it's not the most healthy thing to do. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and walk away. (I sure have dropped my fair share of shows in the past as well...)

Oh believe me I've seen that as well. I've actually been in fandoms where people have sunk into deep depression because of a TV show. I know what it can do. And I've also advised those people to walk away from it for their own good.

8 minutes ago, April said:

Happy place? Interesting. The only thing I've heard about "This is us" is that it's super depressing. It's probably one of those shows I'll sit out for now and binge when it's finished and I'm in the right mood for a good cry or something.

Oh it is depressing. But I get immense joy out of good writing and interesting storytelling. If a show can make me feel happy or sad, make me feel something, I'm a happy viewer.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Bringing Alex back makes sense. She is probably Dr. Jensen now. Raj can talk to women and Alex has an interest in astrophysics.

I would prefer the return of Dr. Stephanie. Bringing her into the group dynamic would certainly add some interesting possibilities. Howard wanted her. Leonard had her. Penny knows Leonard had her. Bernadette can learn about Howard wanting her. Amy could discuss medical subjects with her. Sheldon wanted her for the away team. She might make a good match for Raj. 

Edited by HeWolf

14 hours ago, Tenji said:

I'm happy about the renewal. Lots of others will be too emoji3.png

First of all, to be clear it is not official yet even if it is extremely likely. I am one of the people who's not happy about the renewal. I loved TBBT from S1 all the way to S6, and consider it one of the best sit-coms of all time for that period. S7 I liked, but not all of it, and from S8 onwards I have mostly disliked the show with few exceptions. At this stage of the game I mostly hate the show but can't stop watching out of a ridiculous loyalty to characters I used to love, even if I don't recognize them anymore. Nowadays I just force myself to go through the semi-torture it is for me to watch the show, and I routinely enjoy the interactions in this forum more than the show itself.

Btw, I have nothing against people who are happy with the way the show is going, and as much as I would love to be one of them, I can't lie to myself.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Oh believe me I've seen that as well. I've actually been in fandoms where people have sunk into deep depression because of a TV show. I know what it can do. And I've also advised those people to walk away from it for their own good.

It's either depression or people get really aggressive and start pointless fights with anyone who dares to still like the show which then turns into a downward spiral that doesn't do anyone any good. And overall it can contribute to the whole community being worse off. *stares into the distance* I've seen things, man!

10 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Oh it is depressing. But I get immense joy out of good writing and interesting storytelling. If a show can make me feel happy or sad, make me feel something, I'm a happy viewer.

That sounds definitely promising then!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

First of all, to be clear it is not official yet even if it is extremely likely. I am one of the people who's not happy about the renewal. I loved TBBT from S1 all the way to S6, and consider it one of the best sit-coms of all time for that period. S7 I liked, but not all of it, and from S8 onwards I have mostly disliked the show with few exceptions. At this stage of the game I mostly hate the show but can't stop watching out of a ridiculous loyalty to characters I used to love, even if I don't recognize them anymore. Nowadays I just force myself to go through the semi-torture it is for me to watch the show, and I routinely enjoy the interactions in this forum more than the show itself.

Btw, I have nothing against people who are happy with the way the show is going, and as much as I would love to be one of them, I can't lie to myself.

Actually, I'd say it is official since Bill Prady confirmed it

Edited by Kathy2611
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I would prefer the return of Dr. Stephanie. Bringing her into the group dynamic would certainly add some interesting possibilities. Howard wanted her. Leonard had her. Penny knows Leonard had her. Bernadette can learn about Howard wanting her. Amy could discuss medical subjects with her. Sheldon wanted her for the away team. She might make a good match for Raj. 

I don't think Raj was interested in her, at least not more than he is interested in any other single woman. But it could be nice to see just a small reencounter. Penny(with forced smile, shaking her hand vigorously): Hi! Remember me? Penny Hofstadter, but you can call me Mrs. Hofstadter. 

:icon_razz:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Bringing Alex back makes sense. She is probably Dr. Jensen now. Raj can talk to women and Alex has an interest in astrophysics.

I agree, bring her back for at least a couple episodes as a love interest for Raj.  The side benefit could be Penny being jealous of her being anywhere around Leonard, even more than before because she is now a PhD, it would be funny to see her being all possessive of him in an episode.  Alex's return could be also used to address Penny's insecurity about Leonard getting bored with her, which she still seems to have.

• Like 5

The only couple I really care about is L&P. I like B & H, and I just don't believe in A &S. But I don't want to see Penny pregnant, or the smart and beautiful babies. This is a sitcom, not The Pasadena Saga. The show's creators should follow the White King's advice to storytellers in Alice:"go on till you come to the end: then stop."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shelldon said:

>_> You seem to have some sort of problem with Amy when she's basically part of the main four now. (Raj, Bernadette, and Howard are the real supporting characters in this day and age).

What kind of logic is that? Any half-way decent show makes an attempt to flesh out a main star, even when that main star joins late. Amy is well past the point of us not needing to know anything about her. She's part of the flagship couple that is part of every CBS promo for the show.

Hhhhmmmm ....no. Amy is not part of any big four, IMO. There is no big four. As much as I hate it, there is a big 1, which is Sheldon. Amy is only relevant (in the writers' eyes) as a vehicle for Sheldon, as a foil, as a plot tool, and nothing more. I actually like Amy , and Mayim elevates the material they give her to work with, but I don't think the writers respect her character very much. If there was ever an indication that she's just a supporting character we saw it when Shamy split, since that arc was done 95% from Sheldon's point of view. It is totally inorganic storytelling, I know but that's the way TPTB operate.

14 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Actually, I'd say it is official since Bill Prady confirmed it

It will be official when CBS confirms it, but nevertheless that wasn't even remotely the main point of my post, so...

8 hours ago, No Regrets said:

When it comes to kindness, yes, I do expect that from her 10 years later especially when it comes to her husband. Going from being kind to being downright mean isn't something I would call character progression, I'd call it character assassination. 

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention that if you love someone the more time that goes by the more you love them, not less. On top of which Penny married Leonard so now besides being her love for the past 10 years now he's also her husband. While I can perfectly understand new sources of conflict that can arise from them living together by themselves, I think they should be more loving to each other, not less.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

We do still see some nice moments, but they are spread out so much so that it is hard to connect them to the loving couple we came to enjoy and ship so hard.

Well, strangely enough I can still connect the nice moments to the loving couple we came to enjoy and ship so hard without difficulty. So, is there something wrong with me? Do I suffer from some sort of denial of reality? I really want to understand the different perspective you mentioned.

Again... I'm definitely NOT happy with all things regarding Lenny for quite some time now. But when I find nice moments and embrace them wholeheartedly, I now got the feeling I would have to exculpate myself for doing so. Even among my fellow Lennies I have the feeling I have to tread carefully, because expressing excitement or joy over a nice Lenny moment seems inappropriate.

• Like 7

Just now, luminous said:

Even among my fellow Lennies I have the feeling I have to tread carefully, because expressing excitement or joy over a nice Lenny moment seems inappropriate.

Not inappropriate at all. I love that you're able to focus on the positive aspects. I appreciate that very much about you, Martin.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, luminous said:

Well, ........... Even among my fellow Lennies I have the feeling I have to tread carefully, because expressing excitement or joy over a nice Lenny moment seems inappropriate.

Nope! But remember...

o_00213.gif.4460ed40b64c8ffa16e3a52ad9b690e3.gif

:shy:

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I agree, bring her back for at least a couple episodes as a love interest for Raj.  The side benefit could be Penny being jealous of her being anywhere around Leonard, even more than before because she is now a PhD, it would be funny to see her being all possessive of him in an episode.  Alex's return could be also used to address Penny's insecurity about Leonard getting bored with her, which she still seems to have.

Raj bringing a surprise date to 4A. IMO Alex was popular with Lenny fans in season 6 because Penny stopped thinking of breaking up with Leonard after that. I could see a Raj/Alex relationship working.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, luminous said:

Well, strangely enough I can still connect the nice moments to the loving couple we came to enjoy and ship so hard without difficulty. So, is there something wrong with me? Do I suffer from some sort of denial of reality? I really want to understand the different perspective you mentioned.

Again... I'm definitely NOT happy with all things regarding Lenny for quite some time now. But when I find nice moments and embrace them wholeheartedly, I now got the feeling I would have to exculpate myself for doing so. Even among my fellow Lennies I have the feeling I have to tread carefully, because expressing excitement or joy over a nice Lenny moment seems inappropriate.

It is not inappropriate at all. However I must say that fellow Lennies who feel disenfranchised and who cannot embrace the good moments as you do also have a right to voice their opinions. In any case no one should tell you what you can and cannot say or how to feel. Heck! There's even people who love the direction of the show! I personally hate it, but I'm happy for those who still derive some type of pleasure from the current state of affairs.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Amy is not part of any big four, IMO. There is no big four. As much as I hate it, there is a big 1, which is Sheldon. Amy is only relevant (in the writers' eyes) as a vehicle for Sheldon, as a foil, as a plot tool, and nothing more. I actually like Amy , and Mayim elevates the material they give her to work with, but I don't think the writers respect her character very much. If there was ever an indication that she's just a supporting character we saw it when Shamy split, since that arc was done 95% from Sheldon's point of view. It is totally inorganic storytelling, I know but that's the way TPTB operate.

Thank you!!!

I agree with every words.  

I don't like the plots they wrote for Shamy's split, and I hate that Shamy's split up took over all the show sometimes, and I think they actually "hurt" the other five characters.

For example, in 906, they put Sheldon and Leonard in one science plot, that was nice, I like that. But all of the other five characters have been dragged into the "Amy's dating App" plot, even Stuart. Not to mention the "laughing at people" story, that was not funny, at all. 

In 908, on the one hand, they put Penny and Bernadette to observe Amy's date, even Leonard. On the other hand, they put Howard and Raj to find a new girlfriend for Sheldon. I mean, it was like the other five characters got nothing to do, the only thing the writers cared about was Shamy's split up. I think nobody wanted to see that, and I'm sure even Sheldon and Amy themselves needed something other than that to do. I know not all the episodes were about that, but the whole thing just gave people that "vibe".  Especially to casual audiences. I have several friends and co-workers stopped watching just because this.

• Like 8

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic