[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

4 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Someone asked for BTS... Lovely atmosphere with the cast. Couple of mistakes from the usual culprits! Melissa was sitting at the table and dunking a tea bag and it broke and she was laughing saying she didn't know her own strength. Kunal found this very funny. Jim messed up on one particular line 2 or 3 times before having to check the script... It was a line about the fact he couldn't find a caffeine patch online but he had found a suppository which helped with addictions! After he got that right, Johnny messed up the following line so he Jim had to say the whole thing again! I heard Johnny say 'sorry buddy' to Jim as he knew that Jim's line was tough! Johnny messed up again and softly whispered 'fuck' but his mic was still turned on so the audience cracked up. Jim smiled at this. Kunal found his dad's lines hilarious and was laughing through the scene where he Facetimes him. However, because this was just a reenactment of the scene there was no need to do again. Raj's dad is very funny... He didn't break at all!

The actor who plays Raj's father (Brian George) is legendary.  He played Babu Bhatt, a recurring character on Seinfeld that was hilarious.  He also had a great moment opposite Steve Martin in Roxanne.  He is aces in my book!!!

What we need to remember about Bert (or is it Burt???) is that he is totally infatuated/in love with Amy.  She walks on water in his eyes.  Tenji, was Sheldon directly invited to the "party" as well, or was he going (or was Amy asking him to go) to accompany his girlfriend???

• Like 6

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

I guess this is typical TBBT but the wedding redo and what ever else happens in ep 1 gets no mention at all.

Why does it feel like the redo never happened? I can't help wondering what does happen in episode 1.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I guess this is typical TBBT but the wedding redo and what ever else happens in ep 1 gets no mention at all.

Why does it feel like the redo never happened? I can't help wondering what does happen in episode 1.

Nothing to talk about in regards to episode 1 as we know virtually nothing. All we really know is that Penny's mother and brother will be there as will Mary, Beverly and Alfred. Probably Dean Norris has a scene as well as he is supposed to be in 3 episodes. The only other thing we know is the redo may or may not happen or may or may not be seen. That's about it I believe.

Maybe they tape it next week or record some scenes without an audience?

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 2

Howard was employed by NASA. When he's not working he'll have no salary. I doubt NASA  have a ten-year or twenty-year paternity leave package. Assuming Bernadette takes maternity leave, Howard can keep working until she goes back to work. If the USAF gives the university at least an advance on the purchase price - which the university would be daft not to insist on - then Sheldon and Leonard will get their 25% which they'll share with Howard. If Mr Trump or Mrs Clinton stumps up the rest in two years' time Howard will be OK.

I get the impression the boys are being paid/funded by the military (or at least the university is and they are getting a cut like discussed in the patent episode) because when they go to confess about not being able to meet the deadline there is talk of the contract. In the previous episode which they showed Howard panics at the thought that the military can have others do the job quicker and that they may lose out on the finances if they can't promise to do the job. He says something about the fact that he needs to make as much as his wife. So overall, I get the impression he is getting money of sorts via the project.

• Like 7

Well,  In my eyes, Leonard and Sheldon are both super cool scientists with beautiful minds, since the ep 1 :-) Their worth shouldn't be defined by Amy and Penny. Not too fond of this . Looking forward to the sweet moment of understanding between Shelnard.

@Tenji thanks for the bts ! Maybe  Johnny was in character when Jim messed up . Coz Leonard also calls Sheldon 'buddy' many many times on the show. I think 9 years in, and Jim and Johnny's chemistry still remains unbeatable. 

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Amy mentions something about the fact that now that Sheldon and the guys are so busy trying to meet their deadline it means that Sheldon can't go to the 'party' with her (she calls it party and then clarifies to Penny that it isn't really a party!). There is a joke Sheldon makes about the fact he wasn't going to go anyway! It isn't made clear who was invited and who wasn't. When Amy and Penny show up there is quite a lot of food and chairs set out, implying that quite a few of the CalTech staff were invited but they never showed up... Poor Burt!

Yes, poor Burt.  I was afraid that he only invited Amy, but that there was food, etc. it is clear that some colleagues did not show....  :(

• Like 5

I know there is a lot of people that don't care for the redo. Its going to happen whether ppls like it or not. They are not going to bring penny's mother and brother in not to have one. Penny has always stated she wants her bro there, why would they want to pre-tape the redo with the great guest stars they got. It will be taped live, its going to happen and no matter how small or overshadowed it might be, its on and will happen next week in some capacity.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

I know there is a lot of that don't care for the redo. Its going to happen whether ppls like it or not. They are not going to bring penny's mother and brother in not to have one. Penny has always stated she wants her bro there, why would they want to pre-tape the redo with the great guest stars they got. It will be taped live, its going to happen and no matter how small or overshadowed it might be, its on and will happen next week in some capacity.

It would be nice with a redo, but I keep my expectation low so I won´t be too disappointed if we don´t get a redo. Tptb and the writers has shown on numerous occasions that they don´t really care about Lenny. 

• Like 4

It would be nice with a redo, but I keep my expectation low so I won´t be too disappointed if we don´t get a redo. Tptb and the writers has shown on numerous occasions that they don´t really care about Lenny. 

I know they don't care about lenny. They haven't since S6 but this is one they can't just sweep under the carpet without questions asked. Why promote it in 9x23 & 24. Some kind of redo has to happen.

• Like 3

I think it’s a pretty short schedule for post production after taping the complete Ep1 (within all the announced guest stars) on 08/30.
Well we’ll see what happened. :shy:

yippie.gif

Edited by veejay
timing error...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Leonard calls Sheldon "buddy" because that's what Johnny calls Jim in real life.  

I remember a very old interview from very early in the series where someone (writer or producer maybe) overheard Johnny call Jim "buddy".  They asked Jim if Johnny does that a lot and Jim said "all the time" and something along the lines of that  "Johnny even answers the phone that way when he calls him".  TPTB liked it so much that they decided that it would be a perfect thing for Leonard to call Sheldon.

Awww I love that wee snippet of info ! I've always adored Leonard calling Sheldon " buddy " but now I adore it even more ! - thank you !

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I know there is a lot of people that don't care for the redo. Its going to happen whether ppls like it or not. They are not going to bring penny's mother and brother in not to have one. Penny has always stated she wants her bro there, why would they want to pre-tape the redo with the great guest stars they got. It will be taped live, its going to happen and no matter how small or overshadowed it might be, its on and will happen next week in some capacity.

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I know they don't care about lenny. They haven't since S6 but this is one they can't just sweep under the carpet without questions asked. Why promote it in 9x23 & 24. Some kind of redo has to happen.

:) It's happening. 

18951a556837b71fcff35961544165c2.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

It would make more sense if the redo was pre-taped. One, the stages they use may not be big enough for a "wedding reception". Two, the logistics of all the guest stars plus the cast make taping in front of a live audience a nightmare. I would be surprised if they tape the "re-do" (if they actually will show it, it still may be off screen) in front of a live audience. Maybe some teaser/tag in 4A with some of the guest stars.

• Like 1

IF they do a re do offscreen, that would be just a kick in the lower region from the audience stand point LOL. First we give you Leonard cheated, then the shitty wedding. Where Sheldon and his irrelevant crap derailed it. Then were promised the prospect of an actual redo, to make up for that nonsense. OH it happened off screen, so you can't see it :sarcastichand:. If TPTB plan and goal the past two seasons is to pull the middle finger to the entire audience, job well done. Give them the Emmy! But in any case, I Think their well be a re do. That many guest stars, it is hard not to think that. And I do beleive it well be pre taped. Too many logistics, to go live. 

Edited by 3ku11

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

IF they do a re do offscreen, that would be just a kick in the lower region from the audience stand point LOL. First we give you Leonard cheated, then the shitty wedding. Where Sheldon and his irrelevant crap derailed it. Then were promised the prospect of an actual redo, to make up for that nonsense. OH it happened off screen, so you can't see it :sarcastichand:. If TPTB plan and goal the past two seasons is to pull the middle finger to the entire audience, job well done. Give them the Emmy! But in any case, I Think their well be a re do. That many guest stars, it is hard not to think that. And I do beleive it well be pre taped. Too many logistics, to go live. 

But aren't you (and other Lenny's) afraid you are building this wedding re do (which you all deserve imho) up way to much in your head?

It might only lead to a certain dissapointment...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Chiany said:

But aren't you (and other Lenny's) afraid you are building this wedding re do (which you all deserve imho) up way to much in your head?

It'll be a vehicle for comedy. Probably at L/P's expense. They are already married, so it can't be too significant as a relationship moment. It could be cute, maybe, but look at the history.  Sheldon will be there, so what are the odds of it being a "moment". Anything ship-wise will be a bonus. I'd want more, but my expectations are very low. Best I hope for is that it's really funny... and not painful at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiany said:

Well, building up expectations too much can definitely lead to a disappointment.

Therefore I lowered my expectation regarding a Lenny redo ceremony deliberately, to avoid a disappointment. And my expectations are lowered since I read this interview mid-May. If there's a redo...yay (though it would remain to be seen how that would happen), if not I won't jump out of the window. :wink:

BTW: I wonder why Alex (a.ayers) has suddenly set her IG on private.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

Lenny are married, while the original wedding was one of the worst disasters in TV History imo. Their actual marrage, has been kinda smooth sailing tbh. So I Think the actual marrage is more important. 

It seems to me once one fits in time for Leonard and Sheldon to freak out about their parents and we get a good introduction to Penny's brother and mother there won't be a lot time left over. Perhaps we will see a tipsy mother or a brother roasting penny at the reception (or both). Will Penny be embarrassed?

I doubt they will waste Judd Hirsch and just have have stand around like a prop. 

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic