[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

25 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, in The Anxiety Optimisation, Leonard says Sheldon tried his first energy drink, ran around the University grounds for a while, then threw up in his glove compartment.

BTW glove "compartment"?

I thought Americans had glove boxes?

A quick google search yields that "glove compartment" is normal use in the US. Heck, some people even say "glove box" is British English. So uhm... yeah.

• Like 4

On 24/08/2016 at 9:43 AM, 3ku11 said:

But I see Sheldon is the cool one. Just TPTB transparent attempt to reinforce how amazing Sheldon is, and he is the main character. 

In Troll Manifestation, Leonard admits he could never do the maths (with an S, because I'm British :icon_cheesygrin: ) like Sheldon does.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2016 at 1:40 PM, Jonny83 said:

One thing has been puzzling me though, say it does take two years what about Howard? Wasn't this project supposed to be his big financial boost for when the baby arrives?

I would think the major expenses won't occur, until a few years after the baby is born.

On 24/08/2016 at 2:09 PM, FileXxX said:

The TR clearly states Sheldon is popular because he's dating Amy.

But, to be fare, that's only Bert's opinion.

On 24/08/2016 at 3:09 PM, camelliayao said:

Amy considers being with Sheldon cool because, well, she loves him. Sheldon has always been brilliant and insightful according to her.

She even described his as "a genius".

On 24/08/2016 at 3:09 PM, camelliayao said:

Because neither Amy nor Sheldon is cool by conventional standard. They're just cool in the eyes of those who admire and adore them.

According to Dave Gibbs, Sheldon is "a God".

On 24/08/2016 at 3:26 PM, hokie3457 said:

The actor who plays Raj's father (Brian George) is legendary.  He played Babu Bhatt, a recurring character on Seinfeld that was hilarious.  He also had a great moment opposite Steve Martin in Roxanne.

He also played a Doctor (I'm sensing a theme :icon_cheesygrin: ) , who is a pilot of a light aircraft, in a film called Jet.

On 24/08/2016 at 3:26 PM, hokie3457 said:

She walks on water in his eyes.

Washing up water? :icon_cheesygrin: 

22 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

But, to be fare, that's only Bert's opinion.

From the TR it sounds like it's not just Bert's opinion.

22 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

According to Dave Gibbs, Sheldon is "a God".

Dave called Sheldon a "rock star", a "genius" and a "brilliant physicist", not a "god". Stephen, your quote game is slacking. Are you alright? :icon_cheesygrin::icon_wink:

• Like 1

I'm expecting some social media pics today from the cast, I just feel this will be a heavily pre-taped episode which such a large amount of guests (like 200th) plus we know Penny will probably have a car scene with her family and those are pre-taped. 

So happy pre-taping day for the premiere

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 9

On 25/08/2016 at 8:48 AM, joyceraye said:

LOL. When things get built up in heads they can sometimes turn out much better than feared

As I imagine Amy found out, on her last birthday. :icon_cheesygrin: 

On 25/08/2016 at 1:16 PM, Chrismo said:

Then again I thought Shamy coitus was crap in Opening night and now it's the favorite episode of all time. So people IMO adjusted their expectations for that.

I didn't adjust my expectations. I expected it to be brillant, and it was.

On 25/08/2016 at 2:11 PM, 3ku11 said:

Shamy could of had sex any time from S6-9.

I disagree.

Sheldon needed some major event, to make him realise how much Amy truly meant to him.

The breakup did that.

29 minutes ago, April said:

From the TR it sounds like it's not just Bert's opinion.

Dave called Sheldon a "rock star", a "genius" and a "brilliant physicist", not a "god". Stephen, your quote game is slacking. Are you alright? :icon_cheesygrin::icon_wink:

(Dave was also extremely super impressed to meet Leonard.......)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

(Dave was also extremely super impressed to meet Leonard.......)

That part killed me! LMAO (I'm sure veejay has the gif somewhere!)

Idk why but I find the height difference between Stephen Merchant and the rest of the cast hilarious cause everyone's so tiny next to him. The way he bowed down to Leonard fangirling like "OMG!! ... Amy, can you believe it? It’s Dr. Leonard Hofstadter!!" was some excellent physical comedy. Can Dave please come back????? LOL

• Like 7

On 27/08/2016 at 1:56 AM, SRAM said:

I think it would cute if one year from the first time (Amy's Birthday), Sheldon takes her on a romantic date and we find out that he is doing all that because he wants to do the deed with her again.  

I don't want them to have waited a whole year.

Come on Sheldon, live up to your reputation as a Texan, and satisfy your woman.

• Like 3

I hope the opening episode will be the standard 21-22 mins. I won't accept a 18 or 19 minute episode.  *sigh*

Any word on how they will explain the absence of Penny's sister at the wedding? Why would she miss her own sister's wedding - especially after Wyatt mentioned missing the chance to dance with her at her wedding because she was in labour with her child. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

I hope the opening episode will be the standard 21-22 mins. I won't accept a 18 or 19 minute episode.  *sigh*

Any word on how they will explain the absence of Penny's sister at the wedding? Why would she miss her own sister's wedding - especially after Wyatt mentioned missing the chance to dance with her at her wedding because she was in labour with her child. 

oh god NO MORE GUEST STARS PLEASE LOL!!  (sorry I just am pretty sure our core supporting folks will be almost non-existant in this premiere because of so many big guest stars already).

I am actually grateful they are only in the premiere and the guest factor is not big in E2 or E3 (I prefer episodes with the core 7 more anyway)

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

oh god NO MORE GUEST STARS PLEASE LOL!!  (sorry I just am pretty sure our core supporting folks will be almost non-existant in this premiere because of so many big guest stars already).

I am actually grateful they are only in the premiere and the guest factor is not big in E2 or E3 (I prefer episodes with the core 7 more anyway)

I know but what I was asking is how they will explain her absence with a line and not completely forget Penny even has a sister. That is what I was wondering. I understand why they won't add anymore guest stars into the episode. I just hope they don't make it as if she never existed and Penny only has a brother. 

I am glad we are not getting guest stars in E2 or E3 too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

Yep. Everybody will be pre-taped and pre-pressed in a 20min ep hanging around the kitchen-island filled with finger food. :shy:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

In Troll Manifestation, Leonard admits he could never do the maths (with an S, because I'm British :icon_cheesygrin: ) like Sheldon does.

Evidently Leonard has a better grasp of the foundational concepts than Sheldon.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

I know but what I was asking is how they will explain her absence with a line and not completely forget Penny even has a sister. That is what I was wondering. I understand why they won't add anymore guest stars into the episode. I just hope they don't make it as if she never existed and Penny only has a brother. 

I am glad we are not getting guest stars in E2 or E3 too. 

I was also wondering about that and hope they'll say at least something cause Penny's nephew (her sister's son?) also should be like 20 now and hasn't been mentioned either. Maybe it will be a simple like like "they couldn't make it on short notice" or some hilariously terrible incident occurred so they can't travel or whatever.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

The gang helped Penny to choose comics for her nephew so they're bound to wonder where her sister and family are. 

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Evidently Leonard has a better grasp of the foundational concepts than Sheldon.

If you want  half the volume, don't you just divide it by eight ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, in The Anxiety Optimisation, Leonard says Sheldon tried his first energy drink, ran around the University grounds for a while, then threw up in his glove compartment.

BTW glove "compartment"?

I thought Americans had glove boxes?

I say glove compartment... I think the 2 are interchangeable 

12 minutes ago, April said:

I was also wondering about that and hope they'll say at least something cause Penny's nephew (her sister's son?) also should be like 20 now and hasn't been mentioned either. Maybe it will be a simple like like "they couldn't make it on short notice" or some hilariously terrible incident occurred so they can't travel or whatever.

...Perhaps Penny's sister will end up like Richie Cunningham's older brother Chuck on Happy Days......just magically disappear with no explanation!

• Like 3

It has took over 200 episodes to finally introduce her brother and mother I am sure they could easily come up with a plausible reason why her sister isn't there. Besides in a way the show won't want to use all their bullets, they like the idea of slowly introducing some of the extended family members so they can use them in a storyline. Makes perfect sense.

Edited by Jonny83

On another note. Is it me or is it weird that there is no mention of some bits from E1 in E2 or 3. I guess they don't want to give away spoilers for the episode, so I'm thinking maybe there will be some hidden scenes talking about it that was not shown in the taping of E2 or 3. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic