[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sadly, Tbh. I’m really worried about lenny and where the writers are going with them. Every single episode in the 2nd half of this season, they had them fighting in some capacity. On and off screen with no resolution, surely this is leading somewhere. If tptb are not willing for them to talk through why they are fighting so much or the cause, then I can't see much hope for them except for something bad to happen, and now Raj in the mix to fuel the fire and create more drama. I think this is leading somewhere and it's all going to explode in the season finale. Lenny will be the major cliffhanger and not in a good way I fear. I hope I'm wrong and it's all in my head. When you have time on your hands, the mind wonders.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm totally with you on this one, with 48 more episodes there is no rush for the writers to "fix" Lenny. I'm sooo expecting that there will some sort of a bad cliffhanger for Lenny in this season finale. 

Edited by Lagernisse

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I see the language problem.  'Fighting' seems to be American for a range of interactions from mild bickering to serious quarrelling. In English ( as it's spoken in England ) 'fighting' involves punching, slapping, hair-pulling, kicking - in other words physically assaulting each other. None of the couples have ever had a fight in the sense of the word you'd probably find in an English dictionary. A lot of English words mean something different in American - including the word 'English' LOL. For a laugh look up the word 'guy' in both languages. (English ones are made of  old clothes stuffed with paper or straw and we burn them. ) The different meanings of 'mean', 'mad', 'prom' and 'braces' on two sides of the Atlantic might be fun to  check too. :) 

That is extremely interesting.  I consider myself to be a bit of an Anglophile and I had never heard that meaning of "guy".  I am guessing that comes from Guy Fawkes???  Anyway, a nice tidbit!  Thanks @joyceraye!  That made my day!

7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Her own quirks and kinks might have smoothed out somewhat over the months since we've seen them.

Emily has always baffled me.

When Raj first found her on the dating site, she was into Chaucer and quilting, yet, when Raj bumped into her two episodes later, she's this creepy woman, into knives and joking about murdering her flatmate.

6 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm totally with you on this one, with 48 more episodes there is no rush for the writers to fix Lenny. I'm sooo expecting that there will some sort of a bad cliffhanger for Lenny in this season finale. 

That's my fear, too. Now they know they've got two more years to "fix" them. 

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

It might be a time to bring back Alex. Has her doctorate by now. An astrophysicist like Raj. Would bring an interesting conflict to the show.

Plus, the topic of her dissertation, was looking for Trojan asteroids at Earth’s L-Five Lagrange point, so she and Raj would have something in common.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

43 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Not everyone would miss Amy, so please don't speak for everyone.  I see it as Sheldon is more of a jerk, with Amy.   With Amy, Sheldon has become more aware, which makes his formerly innocent remarks, into more of one of Malice.  Jim and Mayim were not the reason I used to watch the show, so losing Amy wouldn't have been a major problem with me.   

i said everyone has the shamy and Amy fans and mayim  fandom and i said jim and mayim were MY  reasons watch the show

25 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Fighting, arguments, disagreement, snarkiness that is mean spirited. Whatever we call it is kinda means the same thing. It's all stem from lack of communication and respect for each other. I wish I could be optimistic but even with the renewal I still do not see light at the end of the tunnel. I have been waiting for 3 years and every season. Disappointment. Once bitten twice shy.

As I said I agree with you. Though I’m an illusional but also rational fan (contradictory terms indeed), I’m always watching a TV-show ("Yeah, is it a comedy? Is it a drama? Nobody knows"). All I realized since the 9th season it seems as though the pen and paper have been handed over to some teenage fans of the show.

n_00341.gif.9141d0887263d89cbe88b178d4d0d0c2.gif

Conclusion?  :shy:  (aw, Penny)

2 hours ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

what are you talking about everyone would miss amy without amy there is no shamy and sheldon would be a jerk still if it was not for her and sheldon became better becuase amy changed him and the show i would miss her mayim and jim  are  the reason i watch the show 

3 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

i said everyone has the shamy and Amy fans and mayim  fandom and i said jim and mayim were MY  reasons watch the show

No you didn't

Edited by Chrismo

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sadly, Tbh. I’m really worried about lenny and where the writers are going with them. Every single episode in the 2nd half of this season, they had them fighting in some capacity. On and off screen with no resolution, surely this is leading somewhere. If tptb are not willing for them to talk through why they are fighting so much or the cause, then I can't see much hope for them except for something bad to happen, and now Raj in the mix to fuel the fire and create more drama. I think this is leading somewhere and it's all going to explode in the season finale. Lenny will be the major cliffhanger and not in a good way I fear. I hope I'm wrong and it's all in my head. When you have time on your hands, the mind wonders.

It certainly seems to be going in that direction but I just cannot perceive Penny and Leonard separating after 10 years of putting them together.  And where would Penny go?  She cannot go back to apt. 4b, she cannot go to Howard and Bernadette as they already have the moocher Stuart, go back home to Nebraska...not likely.  I do believe there will be a cliffhanger for the finale but not Penny and Leonard separating. I could imagine that Raj creates so much drama, maybe it forces them to look for a house of their own. Didn't Penny say that she was envious of Bernadette with a house and a baby?.  However, would like to see what happens after this next episode and then we can speculate on the finale.

4 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

It certainly seems to be going in that direction but I just cannot perceive Penny and Leonard separating after 10 years of putting them together.  And where would Penny go?  She cannot go back to apt. 4b, she cannot go to Howard and Bernadette as they already have the moocher Stuart, go back home to Nebraska...not likely.  I do believe there will be a cliffhanger for the finale but not Penny and Leonard separating. I could imagine that Raj creates so much drama, maybe it forces them to look for a house of their own. Didn't Penny say that she was envious of Bernadette with a house and a baby?.  However, would like to see what happens after this next episode and then we can speculate on the finale.

I don't think the average viewer sees the "problems" that Lenny are having. JMO if you asked them they would say what are you talking about?

You make some good points but tptb havent cared for lenny or Leonard in 3 years. They could always move leonard or Penny to raj old apartment if they break them up. Since when have they cared about throwing Leonard under a bus. I don't think a breakup is on the cards, i wouldnt rule it out tho. It seems they treat sheldon and his love interest and growth with the utmost care and the rest of the gang just go with the flow while left to rot most of the time.

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm totally with you on this one, with 48 more episodes there is no rush for the writers to "fix" Lenny. I'm sooo expecting that there will some sort of a bad cliffhanger for Lenny in this season finale. 

Last season I said I just don't see any real evidence. Like then and like now Lenny seem really solid. What happened? Well they decided to get hitched again. Not that I see a third wedding this season. But I'm just saying it's best to hold judgement till later in the season. It's to early to tell what the Season Finalie PLOt we be. I doubt their we'll be any big cliffhanger for Lenny. They have marital issues sure. But a lot of it's been balanced out by Lenny Adamant they are happy. So I'm just saying let's not jump the gun.

I mean other then a few episodes this season I've really enjoyed how they have portrayed Lenny this season. Tons of episodes they have been shown as a team. The good outweigh the bad imo. I mean example last episode. Good Ol Bev exposed their marital issues. But the whole thing was balanced out  by both Leonard and Penny both adamant they are fine and happy.

Which they probably are generally. But for a couple who always seemed ridiculous based on societies conventions and rules. They both prob realise they have their issues to overcome. But what I saw was two ppl no matter what would not quit on each other. So regardless if Chuck Lorre is on board. Even if their is some kinda cliffhanger. In the long run Lenny we'll  be fine. Seeing this show wing it most of the time. They may just sweep it all under the rug. And I don't think Tptb need to fix Lenny. They are not broken. Just neglected. 

1 hour ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

Here is your quote I answered:

3 hours ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

what are you talking about everyone would miss amy without amy there is no shamy and sheldon would be a jerk still if it was not for her and sheldon became better becuase amy changed him and the show i would miss her mayim and jim  are  the reason i watch the show 

Nothing about fans or fandom, just the flat comment "everyone would miss Amy."  You'll note that I explained why I thought Sheldon is worse now, after Amy, and said I wouldn't miss Amy.  But to be frank, I know there are quite a few others who love Amy, and for them I'm hoping everything works out so that both M and M are back.  

30 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

I disagree. I'm completely happy with their portrayal in the last few years, with one or two exceptions.

I disagree, I'm extremely unhappy with their portrayal, with a few moments that remind me why I loved them in the first place.  

29 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:
I disagree. I'm completely happy with their portrayal in the last few years, with one or two exceptions.

Each for their own. For me there is more than one or two exceptions. For a starter. Their non-engagement for a whole season, penny supporting sheldon over her husband and forgetting his b'day. The Mandy kiss, lying to each other. ALOT, lack of communication and not supporting each other. I could go on.

Edited by Tensor
Edit out a bit too much sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Howard isn't a main character.

I've always liked Amy.

Substitute a helicopter and you have a scene from ER.

Me too.

I'd just re-watch the currently existing seasons.

Howard is a main character. Amy and Bernadette are supporting characters.

And good for you you liked Amy when she was introduced. I was simply stating initially the majority of the audience. From back in 2010. Going on forums, social media etc. Disliked Amy. And we're tuned out overall from that point on. I was just saying Amy has evolved ALOT over the years. She was initially arrogant and insufferable. But she's really likeable now. More softer. Credit to Mayims acting.

But I do share the opinion Amy made Sheldon worser. No ones fault. I just think they bring out the worst in each other. Season 4 I really enjoyed them. Since then it's all gone down hill for me. Its such an imbalanced relationship. It's all on Sheldons terms. I like Amy so I don't like she gets lost in the Amy in Shamy.

Individually well Sheldon is tolerable haha. But individually as characters I like them. I'm not a shipper so that's just my take on it. That said though I hope M and M sign back on.

Edited by 3ku11

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

She was initially arrogant and insufferable.

That's one of the things I liked about her.

I loved her acerbic remarks:-

Howard: Um, tell us about your work, Amy.

Amy: I doubt you’d understand. Sheldon tells me you only have a master’s degree.

:laugh:

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

But I do share the opinion Amy made Sheldon worser.

When did I say that?

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

That is extremely interesting.  I consider myself to be a bit of an Anglophile and I had never heard that meaning of "guy".  I am guessing that comes from Guy Fawkes???  Anyway, a nice tidbit!  Thanks @joyceraye!  That made my day!

Yes. Guy Fawkes had a very convenient name so it tends to be his face on the masks we put on the guys. He was one of the  gunpowder plotters. I suppose if the word for  a stuffed figure was a 'bob' it would be Robert Catesby's effigy we'd be burning on Bonfire Night. Some guys are of the pope. 

The point I was trying to make is that I see no reason to link MR and MB's renewals. Irrespective of Bernadette's and Amy's popularities with the audience, their position in the structure of the show is very different. Bernadette is deeply embedded; Howard couldn't reasonably exist as a character without her now, and she provides the only justification, such as it is, for Raj and Stuart still being in the show. Cutting her out would be like a major amputation.

Amy on the other hand could be easily written out leaving all the other characters intact. Sheldon would have to change somewhat, and Penny and Leonard would to be IC be disappointed Amy wasn't getting Sheldon off their backs after all, but it could be managed. It might not be universally popular, but it could be done quite easily. Cutting Amy out would just require stitches.

For comparison, Raj could be cut out without leaving a scar.

I'm not saying what is likely to happen or what should happen, just what could be done if necessary.

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They did it in friends, and in Frasier.

if they're going to end the series in two years they're surely not leaving him lonely

They did it in friends, and in Frasier.

I didn't see Friends. In the last episode of Frasier, he was happily on his way to get the girl. We only knew that from the very last line.