[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

Late to HipGate, but a few things:

a ) heh, 22 degrees is really comically low

b ) what I wouldn't have given for Amy to say the 22 degree thing and for Penny to stare narrowly at her and exclaim 'I'VE PLAYED TWISTER WITH YOU, YOU LYING HUSSY! ALL RIGHT, IT IS JUNIOR RODEO ON.' And, like, plonk Amy onto the back of some mettlesome Mustang or something just to teach her not to fib. 'I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise..... I can see for miles and miles and miles (gotta keep with the Who theme)

c ) all that chat and nobody seems to have made a 'hips don't lie' crack? Y'all are better people than I am....

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Late to HipGate, but a few things:

a ) heh, 22 degrees is really comically low

b ) what I wouldn't have given for Amy to say the 22 degree thing and for Penny to stare narrowly at her and exclaim 'I'VE PLAYED TWISTER WITH YOU, YOU LYING HUSSY! ALL RIGHT, IT IS JUNIOR RODEO ON.' And, like, plonk Amy onto the back of some mettlesome Mustang or something just to teach her not to fib. 'I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise..... I can see for miles and miles and miles (gotta keep with the Who theme)

c ) all that chat and nobody seems to have made a 'hips don't lie' crack? Y'all are better people than I am....

Re c) Tony/ Tonstar17 made a Hips don't lie crack on page 439.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

...the whole "22 degree" thing was a cheap joke, like so many others, that does not fit into the canon and is quite absurd......

Agreed.  Amy said she couldn't ice skate because of "brittle ankles" and yet when Sheldon returns Amy's items during The Breakup he gives her the scarf she was wearing when they went ice skating. 

Whatever...

• Like 5

Lenny have barlery had a fight the past what four or so episodes. So I fail to see this idea that Lenny have consistently fought this season.

As for Amy yeah she has done stuff akin to Yoga. Doesen't mean she actively does Yoga. Or it is in her character, to keep healthy and fit like Penny. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lenny have barlery had a fight the past what four or so episodes. So I fail to see this idea that Lenny have consistently fought this season.

The problem is , and I m sure tensor could find the number, is that Lenny actual alone time has been minimal this year.I would hazard a guess that Shamy for example has 5-10 times more alone time compared to Lenny. You may be correct in thinking they haven't consistently fought this season but then again when your not alone as much its harder to fight.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The problem is , and I m sure tensor could find the number, is that Lenny actual alone time has been minimal this year.I would hazard a guess that Shamy for example has 5-10 times more alone time compared to Lenny. You may be correct in thinking they haven't consistently fought this season but then again when your not alone as much its harder to fight.

Well sure when Lenny have been alone. They fought. But then again the comic con episode. They were having dinner. They diddn't fight. They were just clueless about wanting to go to CC or not lol. I mean hell it seems every single episode this seasons starts with a 5 min isolated Shamy segment. And it seems this episode well be no different. But it is The Shamy show now after all. No wonder the ratings are going down..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Presumably those commenting on Amy's appearance are in perfect body condition themselves?

There is no point comparing Penny to Amy, they both have very different styles and appeal imo

But I think TPTB intentionally make the Amy character frumpy and unattractive in the conventional sense. I think, however, that Mayim is anything but.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

Chances are good, that @Itwasdestined can give us some information about tonight's taping. :icon_wink:

That would be wonderful, especially if they could give us spoilers for both episodes if the audience is shown last time's episode. However, I seem to remember itwasdestined saying he and his wife have a lot of travelling and sightseeing to fit in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

...the whole "22 degree" thing was a cheap joke, like so many others, that does not fit into the canon and is quite absurd......

Yes, but the problem is that both the scene playing twister with the girls and the 22 degree are both canon. It really is nobody's fault that the writers don't know how to write a story properly. You would think that since they are TV writers the one thing they would have down packed would be continuity, wouldn't you?

10 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

@Tonstar17  HaHa. Another Lenny siding with the Shamies

Not necessarily. He could be pointing out the many inconsistencies of the writers in regards to continuity. Besides I don't see  this as a Shamy vs Lenny thing. I think the point is being missed: Amy (as portrayed by TPTB) is frumpy and in not great physical shape, and a little overweight, while Penny is not. It is a matter of how the characters are written.

• Like 9

The gang discovers that Bert finds love with a pretty young lady who is into him for his money only.  And Bernadette is finally ready to go back to work but struggles to do so while Hallie is going to daycare.   

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, snow*flower said:

The gang discovers that Bert finds love with a pretty young lady who is into him for his money only.  And Bernadette is finally ready to go back to work but struggles to do so while Hallie is going to daycare.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, snow*flower said:

Thanks, snow*flower. 

• Like 7

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic