The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Many are commenting on Raj living with Lenny and relating it to 4.24 but let's back to that time and going over some of the facts.

Leonard in Irish Pub was trying to hide his relationship with Priya- this would suggest Leonard was doing something wrong. He came clean because in reality he had to come clean.

From that point on he was with Priya all the way to season 4 finale- this means obviously they slept together countless time.

in the finale Raj suggested they switched bedrooms because he couldn't handle listening to the two have sex. Leonard agreed. Raj was moving in with Sheldon in 4a. Raj inquired if he could bring girls back to the bedroom and Leonard's response was its fine as long as it isn't against their will. At no time was Penny mentioned and at no time from 4.24 till now was it suggested he forced her into the bedroom. JMO but it appeared at the time he had a mocking look like there was no way Raj would get a girl back into the bedroom.

it seems to me if you were okay with Leonard and Priya relationship you should be okay with Raj/Penny hook up. Two more factors. Leonard and Priya went into their relationship knowing full well that there would be objections. Penny and Raj had been drinking. Penny as everyone knows doesn't remember how she ended up in bed. Raj remembers what happened and has taken most of the blame on what happened. The thing is Raj couldn't talk to women back then. The hook up could only have happened if Raj had been drinking. JMO if Raj had ended up in bed sober with Penny it would easy to blame him for what happened. But he wasn't.

How this relates to now. It appears with the characters on the show its been forgotten. The only time mentioned was he told Emily. I do understand fans and Penny at the time being mad at this. It seems to me the only way it's going to be brought up again is if Emily comes back because the version she heard appears different than the real version.

• Like 4

I've decided to not watch another episode until I know what happens in the finale. And depending on how that turns out I might not watch next season at all. 

The one character they truly put any effort into is Sheldon and consequently, Amy. He's their poster boy and with the prequel coming I think the focus on Sheldon will only get even bigger. Judging by what I see on screen they couldn't care less about Leonard and Penny. It's truly some of the laziest writing I've seen on TV in a while. Only Castle was worse and that only went downhill cause the two leads loathed one another. I feel so emotionally detached from Lenny already that TPTB would have to write freaking masterpiece episodes in order to reel me back in.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I've decided to not watch another episode until I know what happens in the finale. And depending on how that turns out I might not watch next season at all. 

The one character they truly put any effort into is Sheldon and consequently, Amy. He's their poster boy and with the prequel coming I think the focus on Sheldon will only get even bigger. Judging by what I see on screen they couldn't care less about Leonard and Penny. It's truly some of the laziest writing I've seen on TV in a while. Only Castle was worse and that only went downhill cause the two leads loathed one another. I feel so emotionally detached from Lenny already that TPTB would have to write freaking masterpiece episodes in order to reel me back in.

We can only hope that this masterpiece of episode comes in the season finale. 

• Like 8

I'm unlocking this.  But, cut the comments directed at other posters and report posts, don't answer them.  

• Like 1

I'm with you on that. I still haven't seen 10x19 and don't intend to anytime soon. I'm just sick of the way L/P treat each other. It's is not even funny anymore. Banter is having a laugh and smiling to the person to let them know you are joking, but it all comes out mean spirited especially from Penny and how's that funny? From what I read on here about 10x19. Uhh…
Penny been mean and ignoring her husband, Leonard going on about Raj been his friend above his wife, WTF. Leonad might as well whinge to anyone that would listen how his wife ran off with his mate and he really misses him oh that's what happened. :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

When you're looking at old scenes from season 6 and 7 with Lenny, it's really sad to see today how much the writers have ruined Lenny.  

You don't even have to go so far back. Sure seasons 6-7 were, to many of us, their best, but they were much better at the first half of the season than they are now. Who would have thought Lenny will be the couple that keeps fighting after Halley's birth...

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6

Speaking of tbbt fun I have just rewatched one of funniest tbbt episodes ever imo, s2e12 The Killer Robot Instability. It makes me laugh as it was the first time I have watched it! Oh show's youth! :icon_cheesygrin:

240.jpg.85f56cf4daccb1621a18b11ac0a6e69b.jpg

What 's your favourite(s)) episode(s)? :)

• Like 8

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Capt. Hilts said:

Six over a ten year run?  

How about currently write for the show? 

They're making a whole lot more money now than they were back then on all the syndication runs.

Out of the six women I mentioned, two of them * currently write.

* Maria Ferrari and Tara Hernandez.

14 hours ago, bfm said:

You don't even have to go so far back. Sure seasons 6-7 were, to many of us, their best, but they were much better at the first half of the season than they are now. Who would have thought Lenny will be the couple that keeps fighting after Halley's birth...

Yeah but they had change Lenny, when they fundamentally shifted the show. By changing Sheldon. I mean would you expect Season 6 Lenny to fit in Season Ten? I mean I Woulden't Season One Penny. And think she well be exactly the same ten years later. I am not saying they are not runing Lenny. I am just saying personally I would take now Lenny over any other season. They are not pretending to be anything they are not, they just are. I don't need nostalgia. I just need to see two people working on their relationship because they love each other. Not because of some idea they have concoted in their heads over the years about each other. What do they love about each other right now. What did they love about each other Season One, Season Two, Season Three, Season Four, Season Five, Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9. And this season no different. 

29 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah but they had change Lenny, when they fundamentally shifted the show. By changing Sheldon. I mean would you expect Season 6 Lenny to fit in Season Ten? I mean I Woulden't Season One Penny. And think she well be exactly the same ten years later. I am not saying they are not runing Lenny. I am just saying personally I would take now Lenny over any other season. They are not pretending to be anything they are not, they just are. I don't need nostalgia. I just need to see two people working on their relationship because they love each other. Not because of some idea they have concoted in their heads over the years about each other. What do they love about each other right now. What did they love about each other Season One, Season Two, Season Three, Season Four, Season Five, Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9. And this season no different. 

As I said you don't need to go back to 6 or 7, they were much better in the first half of this season and suddenly it changed with not enough justification.

• Like 2

On 31/03/2017 at 11:51 AM, mirs1 said:

4) Why a woman should be embarrassed of being (or having been, in Zach's case) sexually attracted by someone in the first place?

Amy wasn't just sexually attracted to Zack. After her uncontrolled behaviour on seeing him, she took part in a sordid transaction whereby Zack was prepared to have sex with her when they had never spoken. She chickened out at the last moment, but presumably if Zack's gaze had been less vacant she'd have gone through with it.

The episode gave no indication of what inducement Sheldon offered Zack to service Amy. I can't think of any plausible one except possibly the chance to meet Amy's smoking monkey. Zack would like that, I think. Zack should also be embarrased to have agreed but he's usually shown as not deeply sensitive.

On 31/03/2017 at 5:12 PM, Mario D. said:

Agree to what most is said but I also do not see any of their disagreements or spats as being so serious to warrant a separation or divorce. To have them get a divorce would be such a disservice to the many loyal LENNY fans that have watched for ten years. However, I do believe that there may be some kind of plotline for the season finale. Could it be that they are on the verge of a break-up and then Penny reveals that she is pregnant or thinks she is?  That could be interesting.

I don't think the programme makers have the slightest compunction in doing a disservice to loyal Lenny fans. The whole process of foregrounding Shamy and downgrading Lenny has seemed like a deliberate insult to us old Lennynists.

SFAIK the viewing figures don't make it possible to see how many Lenny viewers have been lost and replaced with new Shamys, but it seems plausible that the show has actually lost audience as a result of the Shamy-first Lenny-nowhere policy.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Amy wasn't just sexually attracted to Zack. After her uncontrolled behaviour on seeing him, she took part in a sordid transaction whereby Zack was prepared to have sex with her when they had never spoken. She chickened out at the last moment, but presumably if Zack's gaze had been less vacant she'd have gone through with it.

The episode gave no indication of what inducement Sheldon offered Zack to service Amy. I can't think of any plausible one except possibly the chance to meet Amy's smoking monkey. Zack would like that, I think. Zack should also be embarrased to have agreed but he's usually shown as not deeply sensitive.

The episode didn't give any indication of what Sheldon said Amy about the transaction (as you call it) either. He took upon himself to contact all the possible Zachs on the phone book, there's no evidence Amy agreed with him about the contents of the phone calls, even if it's clear from the whole episode that she AND Sheldon saw the whole situation in a completely different way most people would have and didn't give any moral\judgimental connotation to it, it was simple biology, for both of them. BTW, she didn't chicken out at all, it's just that the sexual attraction disappeared when she realized how dumb he was. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

The episode didn't give any indication of what Sheldon said Amy about the transaction (as you call it) either. He took upon himself to contact all the possible Zachs on the phone book, there's no evidence Amy agreed with him about the contents of the phone calls, even if it's clear from the whole episode that she AND Sheldon saw the whole situation in a completely different way most people would have and didn't give any moral\judgimental connotation to it, it was simple biology, for both of them. BTW, she didn't chicken out at all, it's just that the sexual attraction disappeared when she realized how dumb he was. 

Seriously, Sheldon simply rang up Zack and asked if he wanted to have sex with a girl. A guy agreeing to a one night stand in the 21st century?!?!? HOW SHOCKING!! LMAO

Edited by April
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, April said:

Seriously, Sheldon simply rang up Zack and asked if he wanted to have sex with a girl. A guy agreeing to a one night stand in the 21st century?!?!? HOW SHOCKING!! LMAO

Indeed, lol! Zack goes with many traits but a prude guy is not one of them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bfm said:

As I said you don't need to go back to 6 or 7, they were much better in the first half of this season and suddenly it changed with not enough justification.

Unless one accepts the wild theory they need a common antagonist to bring/keep them together.

Sheldon moves out common antagonist gone except when Beverly is in town.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2017 at 7:58 PM, spidergirl said:

Will Wheaton usually means a funny episode! Glad he is going to be in a episode from this season!

Yes, Will Wheaton has star quality, or charisma, or whatever you call it. The scenes in 907 The Spock Resonance where WW, Sheldon, Penny and Leonard were together were very enjoyable just because they were all stars. Also the scene in 820 where WW interviewed Penny for his podcast with Leonard present - throw-away plotline but star quality.

I don't know whether they use WW as often as they can get him?

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 8:24 PM, luminous said:

No way! Sheldon and Amy will be trapped in the elevator. In there Sheldon finally proposes to Amy. :yes:

A good scenario as any other as Sheldon would see be trapped in the elevator as an Apocalipse hint scenario and he could not die before get engaged to his girl. Amy would surely say yes for same reason and when the elevator door was open the gang would see them snogging each other as there was no tomorrow, lol! Me like that!After all tbbt is comedy balanced between sweetness and crazyness! :icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously, I dont want that elevator fixed before last episode.  It would ruin one of the things that are part of show tradition. And I want Sheldon to have a very quirky and lovely plan to propose Amy :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, April said:

Zack seems to be someone who can get all the sex he wants with women he finds attractive that he picks out for himself. He has no motivation to agree to have sex with a woman he's never even seen to oblige a random stranger who phones him out of the blue.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

A good scenario as any other as Sheldon would see be trapped in the elevator as an Apocalipse hint scenario and he could not die before get engaged to his girl. Amy would surely say yes for same reason and when the elevator door was open the gang would see them snogging each other as there was no tomorrow, lol! Me like that!After all tbbt is comedy balanced between sweetness and crazyness! :icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously, I dont want that elevator fixed before last episode.  It would ruin one of the things that are part of show tradition. And I want Sheldon to have a very quirky and lovely plan to propose Amy :)

Even if it's fixed Sheldon could refuse using it because it would be to much of a change, he would surely find multiple ways to rationalize it. Amy and Lenny could succumb to his will like happened with the table. This way they can still do staircase scenes but also make the Wolowitz's visits more logical because they will be able to bring Halley's stroller and bags.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Zack seems to be someone who can get all the sex he wants with women he finds attractive that he picks out for himself. He has no motivation to agree to have sex with a woman he's never even seen to oblige a random stranger who phones him out of the blue.

Probably true. Sheldon did explain he was a neighbor of Penny who Zack had coitus with. (I'm not sure why Sheldon knew that. The girls didn't earlier in the episode.) Zack did meet Amy and Bernadette. Though I'm not sure if he knew which was Bernie or which one was Amy.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Even if it's fixed Sheldon could refuse using it because it would be to much of a change, he would surely find multiple ways to rationalize it. Amy and Lenny could succumb to his will like happened with the table. This way they can still do staircase scenes but also make the Wolowitz's visits more logical because they will be able to bring Halley's stroller and bags.

Good point, @bfm. It would keep the classic staircase scenes, which I love, and it would be nicer to Wolowitzs. I see Amy not using  the elevator for Sheldon or because  she might not like to use elevators for claustrophobia or something like that. Lenny would not need to sucumb to Sheldon's will though. It would be more interisting imo if they didn't. :)

• Like 1