[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

51 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

No, I don't see the problem because I could list just as many flaws for all the other characters. Why is Raj constantly being bashed while other characters get a free pass?

That's just sad because I can. It's not even been a week.

Raj is the same ass he has been for ten years  unlike the others he is a one note joke he has shown zero growth, change or maturation at all over the course of the shows run and unless he is front and center in basically every remaining episode thru season 12 its to late for either him to catchup or for many of us to care what happens to him. He really could be sent back to India with basically no impact on the show or its story lines, he is the tbbt capt. Dunsal

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, luminous said:

Here are some information a member of another forum (a Lenny) gave me, who was at the taping. (Thank you so much :shy:)

[...] I can tell you that it's a good episode for Leonard and Penny :D
Penny got an offer to work with Zack, it annoys Leonard a little and they talk about it together, separately with their friends, and again together. And they're very good at the end. They are the main plot of the episode (of course the other one is Sheldon), and it's fun. I'm very glad with this episode.

Maybe I can get more detailed information later. :icon_wink:

I know we need more of the details here but …..

OMG! OMG! OMG!

A good episode for Lenny?! My God! It's unbelievable to see those words in the same sentence!! I don't know how to process this!! I'm squealing, running around the room in joy!!

tumblr_inline_mlqk9hSDSO1r0vcc8.jpg

Edited by 5Mississippis
Oh wow! My 1,000 post! I truly cannot imagine all the dribble that I brought to this list and am responsible for!

18 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Raj is the same ass he has been for ten years  unlike the others he is a one note joke he has shown zero growth, change or maturation at all over the course of the shows run and unless he is front and center in basically every remaining episode thru season 12 its to late for either him to catchup or for many of us to care what happens to him. He really could be sent back to India with basically no impact on the show or its story lines, he is the tbbt capt. Dunsal

I agree with your opinion on Raj to date but I can't give up on him if he is now actively at least trying to change.

Obviously if after all he is going through now doesn't change him, he stays the same and ends up lonely then I will have to give up on him. Seems like this is his last chance.

Edited by Jonny

6 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

A good episode for Lenny?! My God! It's unbelievable to see those words in the same sentence!! I don't know how to process this!! I'm squealing, running around the room in joy!!

In an interesting role reversal, I am more like

Wait and see.jpg

37 minutes ago, snapepans said:

1. The scavenger was a game.

2. Raj didn't make them run around town solving puzzels for nothing. They all agreed to play, they all got golden coins, they all won and they all had fun.

3. After Leonard suggested maybe they could mix things up and not do couples, Penny herself thought Leonard didn't want to be on a team with her because she wasn't smart enough and she was a liability.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And, this is not a direct reply to you, @JE7, but sometimes I feel that some people just want Penny to talk to Leonard ALONE, have plots with Leonard ALONE, interact with Leonard ALONE......

But honestly, I don't think the writers are gonna do that. 

Yes a game they couldn't win, everyones a winner is bs as the gang was not happy about it. No one actually won and only howard and amy actually had fun

As to #3 i can say i am for example fat thats not an insult if you say i am fat that is an insult.

And while i dont expect them to be alone all the time i can not except that they are NEVER alone either 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment about other posters opinions.

9 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

n_00169.gif.ada4a59e966687f4aca6be4bbc1fffc6.gif

:party::party::party:

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

that is because the showrunners are super gross and reactionary about Penny's sexuality. We are told that she is or was promiscuous but in fact we have only seen dates (or drunken fooling around) with very few dudes (five? Six?) over the show's ten year run. And she married one of those dudes (intentionally at least). Whereas we are meant to believe that Leonard is some sort of sadsack, but we SEE him have quite a few dates and are definitely told that they end in sex a lot of the time. Not to mention contemplating cheating (and actually cheating) on two of his past girlfriends.

but yeah, sure, PENNY'S chastity/purity is the one the show wants to examine. Bah humbug.

It sort of seems that TPTB want to have it both ways with this couple.  In the early days, Penny had a heart of gold.  She reacted to Kurt's cheating  and then Mike's quickly meeting another woman (and having relations with her) seemingly hours after their break-up in a heartbroken manner.  Leonard meanwhile was the lonesome nerd looking for love.  As the show developed he seemed to not have a problem finding mates (as opposed to Raj and Howard) and ending up in bed with them.  Heck Dr. Stephanie, Mrs. Lathem, Dr. Slutbunny all came on to him!

Also as time passed, Penny seemed to fulfill Sheldon's off the wall and up to that time unsubstantiated estimate of her frequency of physical relations.....Storylines also hinted at a promiscuous past and present-however it is canon that she had a 4 year relationship with Kurt and there has never been any direct evidence given of her straying during that time.......Again, when it comes to these two and their pasts (especially Penny) there is a lot of the evil "retcon".

34 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

When was Sheldon ever mentioned as having any homosexual incidents/tendencies?

It was suggested he had no deal. the first three seasons no interest in woman. Amy original was a girl who was a friend. Not a girlfriend. And how long till coitus?

1 hour ago, 5Mississippis said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Congratulations @5Mississippis! I'm happy that your 1000 post is a happy one! With the way things have been going lately there was a substantial probability that it would be a sad/mad/ambivalent one or one trying to preserve hope, there have been a lot of this kind for many of us Lenny's. Let's hope things will take a turn for us now.

Edited by bfm
typo

18 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

I hear you, Strawberrry! I'm shocked and surprised at the little TR we got but my joy is tempered too!  

It says so much how elated we get over the contents of a quick blurb about a taping.  As Leonard & Penny shippers, we are starved for attention here in Season 10.  That it appears that they receive attention and some positive alone time and maybe even have the "A" plot is a plus.  However once burned (or 50 times burnt!!!); forever shy!

6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

It says so much how elated we get over the contents of a quick blurb about a taping.  As Leonard & Penny shippers, we are starved for attention here in Season 10.  That it appears that they receive attention and some positive alone time and maybe even have the "A" plot is a plus.  However once burned (or 50 times burnt!!!); forever shy!

It’s just like a c(o)urse on daily basis. :shy:

58e4f6749b8c1_OhneTitel.jpg.7586b90ad5d97c7ccf0857334fa7e90c.jpg

2 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

In an interesting role reversal, I am more like

Wait and see.jpg

Hehe...that's me too. :icon_wink: But I totally trust the person who gave me the information and said it's a good episode for Leonard and Penny. I don't think she's somone who sees Lenny only through rose-colored glasses. Of course we have to wait for the actual aired episode to see how it all plays out, but my gut feeling is positive. :shy:

Edited by luminous

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

Hehe...that's me too. :icon_wink: But I totally trust the person who gave me the information and said it's a good episode for Leonard and Penny. I don't think he's somone who sees Lenny only through rose-colored glasses. 

Oh thanks for that, Martin. Cause you never know, people view things very differently sometimes. I just like the sound of Lenny actually talking through a problem together and being OK afterwards. And I like that Penny talks to the girls about it. I'd be worried if she didn't, to be honest. No matter how close you are with your partner, you do need those best girlfriends you can talk to about everything.

2 hours ago, snapepans said:

And, this is not a direct reply to you, @JE7, but sometimes I feel that some people just want Penny to talk to Leonard ALONE, have plots with Leonard ALONE, interact with Leonard ALONE......

It's always difficult to know if one is some people or not, but speaking for myself, yes I do want more Just Lenny scenes, but also more (or some) Penny and Sheldon 1-on-1, Penny and Bernadette 1-on-1, P &L with B&H (but not the latter's family retainers); and new on my wish list, Penny with Will Wheaton and whatever other characters are appropriate to the story.

We get a fair amount of L without P, when the 3 whatever-they-ares L, S & H are doing something together, and that's usuaslly funny.

3 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

But, but...what about the elevator? :crazypilot:

I've always imagined this to happen in the series finale: the gang walk by the elevator and see that it's working. They're all like, "WTF" and just look at each other like, "Soooo, now what?" and then they just shrug and continue walking down the stairs.

2 hours ago, snapepans said:

Just being curious here. But would Shamy fans be okay with the amount of alone time that Lenny gets? And why wouldn't the writers do that?

Edited by Chrismo

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Just being curious here. But would Shamy fans be okay with the amount of alone time that Lenny gets? And why wouldn't the writers do that?

...while at the same time only seeing Sheldon and Amy with others????

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

It was suggested he had no deal. the first three seasons no interest in woman. Amy original was a girl who was a friend. Not a girlfriend. And how long till coitus?

So how does "no deal" translate to homosexual? In the first three seasons, he had no "interest" in anyone (besides his friends). I don't think Sheldon ever gave any hint that Sheldon was gay. Where you got that from is beyond me.

7 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Why on earth would Penny involve anyone other than Leonard in the decision? He is the only person whose feelings and opinions matter, and none of the gang is capable of giving useful advice (well, possibly Bernadette, but I'm not even sure about her). Penny was always foolish to confide in Amy, hasn't she learnt yet?

I'm quite happy about Penny working with Zack, but it seems like a missed opportunity: I would have been really pleased if she'd gone to work with Will Wheaton. Not for any particular story line, but just because they're both charismatic actors and I'd like to see what they could do together

That would be because Penny has the right to talk about her problems and dilemmas with her friends. It also goes without saying that Leonard's opinion isn't the only one that matters. He doesn't own Penny and there's nothing wrong with taking into consideration her friends' opinions, especially since Leonard's judgement would be very biased. He isn't the most objective fellow anyway.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment speculating on others opinions.