[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

41 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I've always imagined this to happen in the series finale: the gang walk by the elevator and see that it's working. They're all like, "WTF" and just look at each other like, "Soooo, now what?" and then they just shrug and continue walking down the stairs.

Great idea! I believe they can make it hilarious.

48 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

But, but...what about the elevator? :crazypilot:

Maybe the crew was just fixing something about the set, not related to the episode.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bfm said:

Yes!!! Finally something that seems good for Lenny!!! Are we seriously about to see a charming Lenny talk, you know like those I have been missing like crazy? I sure hope so! But I'll be waiting with the Champagne untill it airs because tou never know with TPTB...

I wonder what kind of a job Penny is offered to do with Zack...Whatever it is I hope it will make her feel happy and satisfied with her career and thus end the frustration that might have projected onto Lenny.

I'm really happy for what seems like a good Lenny story but it makes no sense to me that Zack all of a sudden gives Penny a job offer. 

I'm curious what kind of job Zack could be offering Penny to be honest. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Just being curious here. But would Shamy fans be okay with the amount of alone time that Lenny gets? And why wouldn't the writers do that?

Sometimes, you feel like listening to 'John' songs, and other times, to 'Paul' songs.  

It's a sign of the show's strength that there is more than one option.  It's possible to enjoy both.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Sometimes, you feel like listening to 'John' songs, and other times, to 'Paul' songs.  

It's a sign of the show's strength that there is more than one option.  It's possible to enjoy both.

It seems to me it shows more of the writers weaknesses. If John= Shamy and Paul=Lenny we have gotten IMO 95% John songs.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Hard to choose when the radio is playing only "John" songs or only "Paul" songs.....

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Judith said:

About Sheldon's deal...I'm beyond, like WAY beyond confused at this point why there's more weight given to an assumption made about Sheldon's sexuality by people who are not Sheldon, when there are two individual scenes (Alien Parasite, Prom) where Sheldon outright states that he has urges. 

I don't know about other people but personally I'm more inclined to believe someone talking about their own sexuality than other people's assumptions. Also, the show never claimed that Sheldon is asexual. His attitude towards sex came from his beliefs/issues/childhood, which is different to someone being asexual. You can't help your sexuality, whatever that is. Sheldon on the other hand, seemed like someone who was battling his own, again, whatever that is.

Well, he's a pragmatist...:shy:

shen_0102.gif.389d5a66443ca64c08cea7c2b53557ac.gif

...but not obvious to everyone.

shen_067.gif.8fbb89919659862b08c9192669b6a42c.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Judith said:

About Sheldon's deal...I'm beyond, like WAY beyond confused at this point why there's more weight given to an assumption made about Sheldon's sexuality by people who are not Sheldon, when there are two individual scenes (Alien Parasite, Prom) where Sheldon outright states that he has urges. 

I don't know about other people but personally I'm more inclined to believe someone talking about their own sexuality than other people's assumptions. Also, the show never claimed that Sheldon is asexual. His attitude towards sex came from his beliefs/issues/childhood, which is different to someone being asexual. You can't help your sexuality, whatever that is. Sheldon on the other hand, seemed like someone who was battling his own, again, whatever that is.

Alien Parasite also had Sheldon setting up Amy to have sex with Zack. Do boyfriends do that? Also Penny suggested to Sheldon he could solve Amy's problem. He didn't.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, snapepans said:

1. The scavenger was a game.

2. Raj didn't make them run around town solving puzzels for nothing. They all agreed to play, they all got golden coins, they all won and they all had fun.

3. After Leonard suggested maybe they could mix things up and not do couples, Penny herself thought Leonard didn't want to be on a team with her because she wasn't smart enough and she was a liability.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And, this is not a direct reply to you, @JE7, but sometimes I feel that some people just want Penny to talk to Leonard ALONE, have plots with Leonard ALONE, interact with Leonard ALONE......

But honestly, I don't think the writers are gonna do that. 

Points 3 and 2

Raj: "Well, I thought… Come on, I didn’t want anyone to feel bad at the end of the game. And some of those puzzles were really hard and I didn’t know who was gonna get Penny".

Definitely insinuating she was a liability, this did prompt the run to India comment from Penny, she wasn't happy, neither was Leonard or Bernadette in the apartment.

Edited by Zhalen565
Spelling
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Judith said:

That would be because Penny has the right to talk about her problems and dilemmas with her friends. It also goes without saying that Leonard's opinion isn't the only one that matters. He doesn't own Penny and there's nothing wrong with taking into consideration her friends' opinions, especially since Leonard's judgement would be very biased. He isn't the most objective fellow anyway.

Because Penny expressed interest in him and they almost had sex in 4.24.

Of course she has a right to ask anyone's advice but what I said was that none of them is likely to give advice of any value. The most sensible and unbiased one is Bernadette, but she is Penny's co-employee in her present job, so it would be wise not to tell her she's thinking of leaving. Leonard is far more grown-up than any of the others, and will have Penny's interests at heart. Sheldon is unbiased and very occasionally a "wise man" but he'll blab. None of the others is worth asking.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Alien Parasite also had Sheldon setting up Amy to have sex with Zack. Do boyfriends do that? Also Penny suggested to Sheldon he could solve Amy's problem. He didn't.

They clearly weren't an item them. Don't you remember:

'She is a girl. She is my friend. She is not my girlfriend'.

Now it was obvious they both might have wanted to become an item before then but they weren't an item officially until Flaming Spittoon.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm still not sure what evidence suggests Sheldon is gay ???? Can u give me any evidence?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Technically shamy were not a couple until season 5

I wasn't the one that brought Alien Parasite up.

11 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I'm still not sure what evidence suggests Sheldon is gay ???? Can u give me any evidence?

None. Then again there was no evidence of any orientation. JMO

26 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

They weren't boyfriend and girlfriend then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

They weren't boyfriend and girlfriend then. 

Yeah but the reality was different.

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They clearly weren't an item them. Don't you remember:

'She is a girl. She is my friend. She is not my girlfriend'.

Now it was obvious they both might have wanted to become an item before then but they weren't an item officially until Flaming Spittoon.

But it seems to me a bit of a stretch to set your girl who is a friend with Zack.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Yeah but the reality was different.

But it seems to me a bit of a stretch to set your girl who is a friend with Zack.

Zack was the specific guy who Amy had that response to. Seems logical to me that Sheldon would try and set his friend up with Zack.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm really happy for what seems like a good Lenny story but it makes no sense to me that Zack all of a sudden gives Penny a job offer. 

I'm curious what kind of job Zack could be offering Penny to be honest. 

Last thing we heard about Zack's work was that he and his sister were VPs in their family's design and printing business. They made menus for The Cheesecake Factory. Perhaps they've won a contract to produce advertising or informational material for a pharmaceutical company and are asking Penny's advice, or Penny is being asked by her firm to help Zack.  Or, perhaps Zack's firm's  branching out into videos and needs an actress.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm curious what kind of job Zack could be offering Penny to be honest

How do we even know it's a full time job? I haven't seen anything to confirm that it is. It could be a one time project for all we know. I am not sure where anyone's getting the idea that it's a new full time job. What did I miss, please?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

First Sheldon and Amy did not date by the time Amy felt attracted to Zack so Sheldon was not Amy's boyfriend , then what he tried to set up was not bad in a friend 's perspective which  was what Sheldon was to Amy in that time. 

And second Penny got the potencial for Sheldon and Amy could be an iten at some point of their relationship. That's  why she sugested Sheldon could solve Amy's  problem. Sheldon did not do that because he and Amy did not even figured out they fancied each other.  Simple and plain.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Judith said:

I heard that there is some sort of thing when a person develops sexual desires only to a certain other person after they develop their relationship. I think that might be Sheldon's case. I don't remembering experiencing sexual attraction to any person other than Amy. He told Penny that he now does experience these things towards women on the street in "The Hot Tub Contamination" but I'm not sure if that was true since he didn't really want to pick up a girl. He could have been lying.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

I heard that there is some sort of thing when a person develops sexual desires only to a certain other person after they develop their relationship. I think that might be Sheldon's case. I don't remembering experiencing sexual attraction to any person other than Amy. He told Penny that he now does experience these things towards women on the street in "The Hot Tub Contamination" but I'm not sure if that was true since he didn't really want to pick up a girl. He could have been lying.

It's called "demi-sexual" and Sheldon fits that definition to a t if you go with the idea that he genuinely had not sexual desires prior to Amy*. So if you have to slap a label on him I'd go with that.

(*There's certainly also another interpretation but I won't go into that.)

And no, the thing in Hot Tub wasn't serious. Penny saw right through that hence why she started pointed out girls to him (and he couldn't fake being interested in them to save his life lol) and prodded him about his real issue for his odd behaviour (the thing with his father). He later said to Amy he wasn't actually interested in seeing other women.

Edited by April
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, April said:

It's called "demi-sexual" and Sheldon fits that definition to a t. So if you have to slap a label on him I'd go with that.

And no, the thing in Hot Tub wasn't serious. Penny saw right through that hence why she started pointed out girls to him (and he couldn't fake being interested in them to save his life lol) and prodded him about his real issue for his odd behaviour (the thing with his father). He later said to Amy he wasn't actually interested in seeing other women.

There is also sapiosexual, when a high intelligence is the main factor in the sexual attraction

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic