[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Happy taping today!low expectations so you will be never disappointed!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Lol. For me. High expectations and expecting another inept performance from TPTB concerning Lenny. I couldn't careless tho, from past performance. Hope I'm soooo wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Sah said:

Yes...me being one. I find much of the Sheldon bashing that goes on here VERY offensive. The lack of understanding of differences is deeply troubling and one major reason I don't spend much time on this sight anymore. Autism is a real thing. To me, it is the same as bashing someone who is part of the gay/lesbian community. I can't help the way I am. Sheldon, like me, can't help the way he is. I didn't ask for autism, none the less I have it. I do my best to live a happy, full life. I am glad that I have friends who understand and accept me. Quirks and all. I feel like TBBT does a good job representing a character that is "unofficially" on the spectrum. For me, it is nice to see another person struggle with the same issues I have. I love seeing a not perfect person on TV. Cause like it or not we exist. I am Not a Leonard and proud of it.

I am sorry you feel that way . you shouldn't feel unwelcome to this site . i feel no character is a "role model" per se,  but that doesn't mean we can't all relate to some aspects of one character or another or find them sympathetic in certain areas . I am glad you found Sheldon to be relatable to your struggles .  hope the next episodes have  something positive to discuss !!

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Taping night. I'm ready!!
Chicken wings ✅
Cocktail sausages ✅
Big bag of crisps ✅
Sweets ✅
Pepsi ✅
Various alcoholic drinks ✅✅
Netflix  ✅
BRING IT ON

Wow! You go all out :) please pass the chips!

• Like 5

On 4/17/2017 at 2:05 PM, bfm said:

There could be various reasons, for the most part I think it is a sensitive issue that they are afraid to deal with. As @vonmar said if he was diagnosed people might be much more sensitive to everything that concerns him and interpret everything as related to his ASD. People with ASD can be very different from one another, in both their strenghts and their difficulties. However, many people don't have a lot of knowledge of ASD and many have stereotypic perceptions of people with ASD (i.e., "they are Math geniuses" - a positive stereotype that my sister hates, she is terrible at Math). If Sheldon, a character that is extremely popular in so many countries around the world, was diagnosed, some may come to believe that all the people who have ASD are like him. Additionally, Sheldon is not only his ASD. He has his own personality traits. ASD does not define the whole person. These traits are also part of what leads him to deal with his difficulties in a certain manner. As I said before I believe he should be held accountable for the ways in which he handles his difficulties and should not be pardoned for every slight just because he has ASD. I see his derogation of others and his arrogance as manic defenses (defenses against the fear, conciouss or not, of needing others and being dependant on them). This is definitely not the way in which every person with ASD handles his/her difficulties.

Of course, we can also make arguments in favor of having him diagnosed. It could show people that people with ASD can have a good job, friends and a romantic partner. It could show that they are not monsters. It could show that someone who acts in a way that is incompatible with social norms or hurts others might do so because s/he has difficulties understanding emotions, relatuonships and social clues, norms and situations, not because s/he wants to hurt others (though as I said this cannot be used as an excuse for everything). I can go in but this is getting very long already...

There are pros and cons to stating Sheldon has ASD. The writers made (and make) their choice for their own reasons. They are not the only ones to make such a decision. "The Middle" for example has a character (Brick) that apparently has ASD but it was never stated (they did show him and his girlfriend saying they were diagnosed with some things but they only say section numbers in that scene).

ETA: As you can see, some of the points I made appear in the article shared by @djsurrey on the previous page.

This is so well said...everything. 

• Like 3

When did anyone bash Sheldon because he has Autism? ON that matter, when was it established on the spectrum Sheldon has Autism at all? One is just constructively analyzing Sheldon's character. No one is bashing anyone. I am just critiszing the way his character is written. And how he is the centre focus of the show these days. I am not sure that comes across bashing. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I am sorry you feel that way . you shouldn't feel unwelcome to this site . i feel no character is a "role model" per se,  but that doesn't mean we can't all relate to some aspects of one character or another or find them sympathetic in certain areas . I am glad you found Sheldon to be relatable to your struggles .  hope the next episodes have  something positive to discuss !!

It is not necessarily that I don't feel welcome here. The majority of people here are kind, lovely people. There are a few that are extremely vocal about the way Sheldon is. This is a little difficult for me in that if I focus to much on the hatred felt towards him and his differences that on some level people must feel that way about me. I do wonder if giving Sheldon a formal diagnosis would give people pause in the way they view him. I am not saying he is a perfect role model or representation of someone on the spectrum. But I like seeing someone who is at least a little more like I am. Someone who dosn't always say the right thing or always understand certain social expections or situations. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

It is not necessarily that I don't feel welcome here. The majority of people here are kind, lovely people. There are a few that are extremely vocal about the way Sheldon is. This is a little difficult for me in that if I focus to much on the hatred felt towards him and his differences that on some level people must feel that way about me. I do wonder if giving Sheldon a formal diagnosis would give people pause in the way they view him. I am not saying he is a perfect role model or representation of someone on the spectrum. But I like seeing someone who is at least a little more like I am. Someone who dosn't always say the right thing or always understand certain social expections or situations. 

The site has an ignore feature which can be somewhat helpful.

I appreciate Sheldon as well.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

What's wrong with Pepsi? I was going to put coke but didn't want ppls getting the wrong idea, thinking I'm talking of the powered variety.

I've actually fixed the equipment they use to analyse the products in both Coca Cola and Pepsico plants, based on My experiences I always drink Pepsi products.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Lots of BTS Kaley & some Johnny on a.ayers10 instagram stories , plus the curtain call :)

HSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi did we get anything from the taping

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

Tape night fun with Johnny and Kaley :shy:

2017-04-18_kaleyjohnnytapenight.gif.b8db392dac30832c58de84b6fdcace69.gif

taken from Alex's (a.ayers10) IG stories

It's sad that this is way cuter than anything I've seen between Lenny this season so far.

• Like 9

Hope the episode is as good as the casts moods are. Saw on twitter some production guy from TBBT on the couch with two friends and Kaley. He posted it on his Instagram.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

I think we can all relate to the characters in some way. I can relate to Penny's fear of opening up, I can relate to Leonard's shyness, I can even relate to Sheldon in terms of not always being that comfortable in certain social situations. 

That's of course why we defend our favourite characters so vigorously, because we feel a connection to them. But I also think that just because we see bits of ourselves in these characters doesn't mean we're like them. I think it's important to separate that. 

As for Sheldon: I've said it before but I loved his cluelessness in the early seasons. That's what made it all so funny and Sheldon so lovable. I feel they lost that over the years and that's when it became less funny. 

So please don't take any negative comments about Sheldon personally, Sah. No two people are exactly alike, that's what makes us so interesting. :shy:

I am quoting @No Regrets because she said exactly my thoughts: we defend our favorite characters vigorously and passionately because we can all relate  to them and that's  why the connection we feel seem so real. However it is important we separate it for we can make fair judgements and allow nice and decent talks without any warm to anyone. 

@Sah I can relate to Amy about many things and sometimes I get very hurt for some comments I read so even for different reasons I feel your pain about Sheldon . I just also want to say you are very welcome here and hope we can keep  talking with you about the show as you are one of nicest and funniest people around. Hopefully we will have more nice talks ahead as we know more about the taping or after watching a new episode. Deal? :) 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic