[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

From EW: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-roommates

The Big Bang Theory: Are Sheldon and Amy moving in together?

The Big Bang Theory’s slowest moving couple will be taking the next step in season 10.

After finally consummating their relationship last season, Amy (Mayim Bialik) and Sheldon (Jim Parsons) are on the way to cohabitation. “There are some big experiments in store for them and their relationship,” EP Steve Molaro tells EW, stressing that Amy and Sheldon living together is just an experiment for now. “A good way to trick Sheldon into doing things is by framing it in terms of science.”

Despite Sheldon’s tendency not to understand social cues, the theoretical physicist will understand what this move means. “It’s not a trick, he’s aware of what’s happening,” Molaro says. “Everyone will have all the apprehensions of whatever they’re gonna feel and they’ll work their way through it like they have for the last six years.”

Should Sheldon and Amy decide to move in together full time, it could allow Penny (Kaley Cuoco) and Leonard (Johnny Galecki) to finally live together after getting married last season. But Molaro stresses that the experiment won’t shake up the core of the long-running comedy. “I think there are ways that we can experiment and the show [will] still very much feel like the show,” he says. “At the end of the day, as long as those people are gathered in that living room to hang out and eat dinner, I think it will always be the show.”

The Big Bang Theory returns Monday, Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.

Thanks for posting!

Dare I say... I think this sounds interesting to me and like a nice little shake up. Molaro hits the nail on the head with his comments about the idea that as long as the gang still hang in the living room, the show won't change. It's so similar to the Friends living situation and Monica's apartment.

• Like 9

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Most of the questions and criticism of the LA has been about Lenny still living in 4A with Sheldon. I saw nothing in what Molero said that indicates that the LA "experiment" would necessarily involve Amy in any way. 

This whole Shamy take from his comments is just extrapolation and wish full thinking IMO

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Most of the questions and criticism of the LA has been about Lenny still living in 4A with Sheldon. I saw nothing in what Bolero said that indicates that the LA "experiment" would necessarily involve Amy in any way. 

I think we can count on Sheldon not living alone.

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

Most of the questions and criticism of the LA has been about Lenny still living in 4A with Sheldon. I saw nothing in what Bolero said that indicates that the LA "experiment" would necessarily involve Amy in any way. 

There's a few new interviews. In one, Molaro says Amy tempts Sheldon by making him look at living together as an experiment. It says nothing about Lenny moving out, though. It also makes it clear it can be "undone," which makes me wonder if it's temporary. Like Lenny go on a trip, and Amy finagles her way to moving in while they are gone. Or Lenny go back to the arrangement from two years ago now, where they spend one-two nights a week in Penny's apartment. So Amy suggests that she spend their nights away living in 4A. 

Or perhaps Sheldon will piss Lenny off enough to completely move out. In which case I wonder if Sheldon will care more to get them back, or moving forward with his girlfriend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I disagree, I can easily see Sheldon living in 4A by himself with scheduled and unscheduled time with Lenny who are just across the hall.

I don't assume he will immediately jump to Amy moving in with him that's a even larger change than Leonard being across the hall at night And is based on the ASSUMPTION that Sheldon is so head over heels over Amy AND that all his bubbling emotions will suddenly boil over and he will just have to be with her from that moment on.

That's not what I see when I look at Sheldon's character, in fact I am not sure those bubbling emotions are even there, given his behavior both before and after 9.11

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionne said:

There's a few new interviews. In one, Molaro says Amy tempts Sheldon by making him look at living together as an experiment. It says nothing about Lenny moving out, though. It also makes it clear it can be "undone," which makes me wonder if it's temporary. Like Lenny go on a trip, and Amy finagles her way to moving in while they are gone. Or Lenny go back to the arrangement from two years ago now, where they spend one-two nights a week in Penny's apartment. So Amy suggests that she spend their nights away living in 4A. 

Or perhaps Sheldon will piss Lenny off enough to completely move out. In which case I wonder if Sheldon will care more to get them back, or moving forward with his girlfriend. 

I don't think there's an interview that specifically states that Amy is the one who suggests it. Unless there's been a 4th interview about the subject that I don't know about, in which case, please share! <3

I mean, it's a likely scenario since Amy has gotten Sheldon into experiments in the past but for all we know it could be his idea or even Lenny's.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lionne said:

I am unaware of those, could you share a link?

If you mean this one  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-roommates

The writer talks about Sheldon and Amy but Molero never says anything specifically about them. In fact it seems to be just quotes from the original interview bracketed by the writers own words

Edited by JE7

12 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Apart from the weekend during the engagement when Bernadette tried living in the house with Howard and his mother as part of the decision - making, I can't recall any of the couples deciding actually to cohabit before. If cohabit means setting up home to live as if they are married (the definition on this side of the pond ) am I right in thinking Shamy would be the first to do this ?

9 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I am unaware of those, could you share a link?

These are the one we have so far and which have been posted here in the thread on the last pages:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-10-925751

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-roommates

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!2/fall-preview-big-bang-theory-2/

The cohabitation experiment is definitely framed as a big step for Shamy. I'm uncertain what'll happen with Lenny cause that's not really touched upon. In none of them Molaro says that it's Amy's idea.

If anyone has any other interviews, please share! <3

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, April said:

These are the one we have so far and which have been posted here in the thread on the last pages:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-10-925751

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-roommates

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!2/fall-preview-big-bang-theory-2/

The cohabitation experiment is definitely framed as a big step for Shamy. I'm uncertain what'll happen with Lenny cause that's not really touched upon. In none of them Molaro says that it's Amy's idea.

If anyone has any other interviews, please share! <3

Indeed it is framed that way, by the writers of the articles. Molero never specifically says anything as usual. Shamy sells so I am not surprised the writers frame it that way but I will stand by my earlier post.

Without specifics it seems logical to me to assume he is talking about the Lenny/Sheldon LA as that is what has been consistently talked/complained about in the press and online

Edited by JE7

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

Indeed it is framed that way, by the writers of the articles. Molero never specifically says anything as usual. Shamy sells so I am not surprised the writers frame it that way but I will stand by my earlier post.

Without specifics it seems logical to me to assume he is talking about the Lenny/Sheldon LA as that is what has been consistently talked/complained about in the press and online

He started talking about the living arrangements after being asked about Shamy though. He also mentions that they'll work through this like they always did in the past 6 years - that number doesn't match S/L/P in any constellation.

I mean, believe what you want but don't be surprised if this isn't primarily about the Lenny/Sheldon LAs. Maybe it's really just the focus of the articles going with "what sells" as you put it but they sure make it sound as if the cohabitation is mostly about Shamy. I guess we'll find out soon enough! ;)

• Like 2

Agreed, it's really not surprising that you and I see the articles differently since we often see the show and characters differently as well.

We will just have to wait and see what happens :icon_razz:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, April said:

I mean, believe what you want but don't be surprised if this isn't primarily about the Lenny/Sheldon LAs. Maybe it's really just the focus of the articles going with "what sells" as you put it but they sure make it sound as if the cohabitation is mostly about Shamy. I guess we'll find out soon enough! ;)

The cut  those interviews is quite interesting to me . For me they are "selling" what TBTP want to be sold, so the attention is focused more on Shamy's (possibly temporary) cohabitation trials than on setting Shelnard apart, because Molaro spoke about the change of LA prevalently in a Shamy context. That might mean, of course, that the plans don't involve Lenny at all or that, since they can\will be un-done very easily if necessary, it's not a good marketing strategy to advertise them as a big event in the show. Anyway, I'm happy that finally Molaro has admitted that the core of the show doesn't rely on who sleeps where, as long as 4A living room is the center of the group, the show will always be pretty much the same, for better and for worse. Let's see what happens...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, April said:

Seems like people are taking turns this year and everybody is getting creative but leaving us no chance to play the guessing game. Pity!

Maybe someone can conjure up some CSI enhancement magic on this one:

We can simply try a shot in the dark. :icon_cheesygrin:

My guess: "The Cohabitation Experimentation" :wink:

• Like 8

8 hours ago, JE7 said:

I disagree, I can easily see Sheldon living in 4A by himself with scheduled and unscheduled time with Lenny who are just across the hall.

I don't assume he will immediately jump to Amy moving in with him that's a even larger change than Leonard being across the hall at night And is based on the ASSUMPTION that Sheldon is so head over heels over Amy AND that all his bubbling emotions will suddenly boil over and he will just have to be with her from that moment on.

That's not what I see when I look at Sheldon's character, in fact I am not sure those bubbling emotions are even there, given his behavior both before and after 9.11

It just would not be Sheldon without someone at hand to abuse.

I'm pretty sure Leonard and Penny will stay at 4B when Sheldon and Amy are experimenting with living arrangements. And everything will go back to normal at the end of the episode. I've given up on this subject a long time ago. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic