The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

I don't mind Amy sleeping in Leonard's room during the cohabitation - Shamy sleeping together would be a bit "too much " IMO - but Shamy cohabiting with Lenny still in 4A: YUCK!

I really hope that the "experiment " will take place when Lenny is on a trip, or maybe as part of the experiment while Amy tries living with Sheldon in 4A, Lenny try living like a married couple ( LOL  ) in 4B.

10 hours ago, JE7 said:

Agreed, it's really not surprising that you and I see the articles differently since we often see the show and characters differently as well.

We will just have to wait and see what happens :icon_razz:

True. I mean....there was once a large Shenny fanbase the Producers were sensitive to, and before season 7 there as an article with Molaro who waxed poetic about Shenny's special bond and some focus on that relationship being explored in season 7. In the end, I think that was really only for the one episode Leonard was still away on the North Sea and Penny and Sheldon were trying to hang out without him. But before that there was a lot of anxiety and guessing as to what it meant and how it would play out. 

The living arrangement focus is quite interesting to me. Through season 9, they were openly against Leonard leaving that apartment and "changing the DNA of the show." Obviously something has changed. Chuck has been strident and vocal about how he does not listen to critics, but I don't know about fans. Or how the other writers feel about fan critique or catering to what a majority of the fanbase seems to want. There is danger in that as well, as you can cater to 60% of your fanbase, lose 40% by doing so, and then again cater to a vocal group subset and lose another part of your audience, until you find yourself not writing what you want but what caters to your remaining 7 fans and nothing about your original characters, artistic vision, or fanbase remains. 

So if a living arrangement experiment is an idea of Steve's that he wants to try or fan service is unknown, but I'm very wary about it. Seeing the characters evolve and grow up and pursue more adult living arrangements and functions of their relationships is what I've wanted for a long time, but this....idea that Sheldon has to be coaxed around but he won't be *tricked* is....suggesting that it won't be Sheldon's idea. Then Amy's idea? Leonard and Penny's idea? If you say you can convince Sheldon to do something in the name of science, and that something is about living together with Amy, that clearly suggests that the impetus or idea to try living together isn't coming from Sheldon himself, and process of elimination only leaves so mNy other characters. 

But maybe Raj suggests it, as apparently he's everyone's secondary spouse, plugging up all the holes in everyone's relationships.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Lionne said:

But maybe Raj suggests it, as apparently he's everyone's secondary spouse, plugging up all the holes in everyone's relationships.

Well he does need something to do plot wise since he is out of the guidance system plot and the others are well established as couples and he has allready fantasized about stealing all the girls from his friends so that would be repetitive....

Maybe his mother will fly in with a nice  girl from home for him to meet and they hit it off.....

#runtoindia

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionne said:

True. I mean....there was once a large Shenny fanbase the Producers were sensitive to, and before season 7 there as an article with Molaro who waxed poetic about Shenny's special bond and some focus on that relationship being explored in season 7. In the end, I think that was really only for the one episode Leonard was still away on the North Sea and Penny and Sheldon were trying to hang out without him. But before that there was a lot of anxiety and guessing as to what it meant and how it would play out. 

The living arrangement focus is quite interesting to me. Through season 9, they were openly against Leonard leaving that apartment and "changing the DNA of the show." Obviously something has changed. Chuck has been strident and vocal about how he does not listen to critics, but I don't know about fans. Or how the other writers feel about fan critique or catering to what a majority of the fanbase seems to want. There is danger in that as well, as you can cater to 60% of your fanbase, lose 40% by doing so, and then again cater to a vocal group subset and lose another part of your audience, until you find yourself not writing what you want but what caters to your remaining 7 fans and nothing about your original characters, artistic vision, or fanbase remains. 

So if a living arrangement experiment is an idea of Steve's that he wants to try or fan service is unknown, but I'm very wary about it. Seeing the characters evolve and grow up and pursue more adult living arrangements and functions of their relationships is what I've wanted for a long time, but this....idea that Sheldon has to be coaxed around but he won't be *tricked* is....suggesting that it won't be Sheldon's idea. Then Amy's idea? Leonard and Penny's idea? If you say you can convince Sheldon to do something in the name of science, and that something is about living together with Amy, that clearly suggests that the impetus or idea to try living together isn't coming from Sheldon himself, and process of elimination only leaves so mNy other characters. 

Raj suggesting it sounds like a great idea lol! 

My ideal situation would be Sheldon and Amy deciding on their own. However, with Molaro's interview, "presenting something to Sheldon that he may not want to do as science and data collection is a good way to try and get him on board." I think this is no longer an option.

Or, could this sentence be Molaro talking about how they usually write these kinds of plots, not specifically referring to this one? So maybe there's still chance...

If indeed someone else suggests it, I hope it's not Amy. Because it's really hard for her to not look pushy or desperate if she does that.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 5

Haha that was great Wowbager. BTW we in NZ got an air date for the Tenth Season. 10x01 well air September 24th, a week after it airs in the States. Primetime Wed 8:30 pm. That is great past couple years been like 6 months after. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wowbagger said:

L: Wait wait wait, this is too good. Are these...WEDDING GOWNS for AMY?

M: Come on, Chuck. He loves her, he said so. She is the fabric softener to his heart!

L: You got me drunk and made me agree to that. But what the hell, dude? It's, like, a PRETTY gown.

M: Come on, Chuck! She's had a hard life! She deserves a pretty wedding! All women want a traditional wedding, no matter what they say! And come on, dude, she cleans up nicely!

L (laughing hysterically) she's a frumpy werewolf whom nobody could find pretty except for pasty weirdoes like Dave and Bert!

M: Sheldon thought she was pretty! He said so in the prom episode!

L: Ugh, I don't know what VAGINA wrote that episode. Thank God THAT'S at an end.

M: He loves her!

L: He could NEVER love her! Sheldon is a towering Olympian beyond love and hate. A Colossus among men born only to float above them powered by awesomeness. He is beyond the base grunting and lusting of the common ruck of humanity. And if he WERE to be brought low, it would only be to a lesbian dominatrix cat burglar blackmailer who installs an orgasm ringtone on his phone.

M: ....You've been watching that 'Sherlock' box set again.

<snip>

end scene.

LMAO ! Now, I really wonder, if they  got Chuck Lorre drunk when they wrote and taped Earworm Reverberation. Because he is not listed as a writer for 9.10 and 9.11. And your post just made me laugh out loud , on a crowded subway, no less .  Kudos.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, wowbagger said:

In my fanfic version of the writers' room, Lorre is basically some sort of Bro BBC!Sherlock fan, and Molaro has to feverishly come up with ways to sneak the forward momentum that he wants past him. And the compromise they hit on is: Long long periods of inactivity, interspersed by violent spasms of something that sort of looks like a big development....and then the slumbering dragon wakes and throws his toys out of the pram and will only be appeased by equally violent regression.

Scene: CBS writers' cafetaria. MOLARO, a sensitive boy, is sitting huddled over a notebook in which he is writing furiously. LORRE, a musclebound jock with a backwards baseball cap on his head, walks in. Spotting his prey, a smirk dawns on his face. He steals up to Molaro and snatches the book from his hand. Over his protests, he flicks through it.

L: Are these....pictures of HOUSES for Leonard and Penny? Is that a literal white picket fence?

M: Give it back, Chuck!

M: Come on, Chuck. He loves her, he said so. She is the fabric softener to his heart!

L: You got me drunk and made me agree to that. But what the hell, dude? It's, like, a PRETTY gown.

M: Come on, Chuck! She's had a hard life! She deserves a pretty wedding! All women want a traditional wedding, no matter what they say! And come on, dude, she cleans up nicely!

L (laughing hysterically) she's a frumpy werewolf whom nobody could find pretty except for pasty weirdoes like Dave and Bert!

L: Ugh, I don't know what VAGINA wrote that episode. Thank God THAT'S at an end.

L: He could NEVER love her! Sheldon is a towering Olympian beyond love and hate. A Colossus among men born only to float above them powered by awesomeness. He is beyond the base grunting and lusting of the common ruck of humanity. And if he WERE to be brought low, it would only be to a lesbian dominatrix cat burglar blackmailer who installs an orgasm ringtone on his phone.

L: Of course I have. It's Tuesday. No, you put this nonsense aside. Sheldon is destined for greater things than candlelit dinners with Miss Marple.

M (desperately) well....well...at least can Leonard and Penny move out?

L: Your OTHER little pet. No! Penny is an ineffable goddess, to float in a cloud of disdain, hotness and alcohol fumes over the repulsive goblin who tricked her into his bed.

M (struck by inspiration) what if it's an experiment?

L (arrested): An experiment?

M (thinking fast): Yes! And...and...and....we can have Amy say things like clinical trial!

L: Sheldon. Smart sounding things are Sheldon. Unless! That hairy heifer Amy is using the words to entice him!

M: ....okay, sure. And...and...and....Sheldon likes it better than he thought, and Leonard and Penny move out, and...

L: Excuse me?

M: Er....er....er....it's open ended! So...so....so...it can be walked back!

L (relaxing): That's better.

M (hopefully): Can Amy move in while Leonard and Penny move away?

L: Sure!

M: Oh wow! Well then-

L: It's a great idea! We'll have Sheldon show her his room, and she'll get all excited, and then he'll remind her that girls are not allowed and he'll take her bags to Leonard's room! (Laughs heartily) oh I can't wait to see Mayim's face. Oh the faces she makes. You can tell she's dying of laughter.

M (sighs): Do we really need to...

L (relenting): Look, I'll tell you what. We'll have Sheldon tell her about his fear of pills. It's something he's never told anybody!

M: .....because it makes no sense at all?

L: Look, take it or leave it.

M (sighing again): I'll take it.

end scene

I should know better than to read your post will drinking, coke thru the nose hurts lol 

1187.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

On 9/9/2016 at 8:01 AM, mirs1 said:

This is the new cover image of the Official TBBT Facebook page

Apart for the usual awful photoshop work, good news!! Cinnamon is back and will be the love of Raj's life!

I am just curious. But are those photos new of the cast? Or old photos, they just photoshopped? 

14 hours ago, JE7 said:

Well he does need something to do plot wise since he is out of the guidance system plot and the others are well established as couples and he has allready fantasized about stealing all the girls from his friends so that would be repetitive....

Maybe his mother will fly in with a nice  girl from home for him to meet and they hit it off.....

#runtoindia

Raj and his harem and then Raj getting heavily involved in the Howardette pregnancy storyline seems to be his outlook for Season 10. I wish they had something more character evolving for him but the only major development he seems to have really had these 9 seasons is that he can now talk to women, that's about it. He's the least developed character out of all of them, something that they should address.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Raj and his harem and then Raj getting heavily involved in the Howardette pregnancy storyline seems to be his outlook for Season 10. I wish they had something more character evolving for him but the only major development he seems to have really had these 9 seasons is that he can now talk to women, that's about it. He's the least developed character out of all of them, something that they should address.

I agree. I think these two possible (but unfortunately very likely) plots for Raj's S. 10 cover pretty much his personality, as it was developed in the show. Raj can be a huge douche with friends and women (hitting on his friends' girlfriends or threating women awfully), but he has also a sweet side, which makes him buy a heart-beat monitor for Bernie's baby, helping her in decorating the baby's room or facing her doubts about motherhood. All the characters, of course, have positive and negative aspects, none of them is a saint, but I feel that for the other characters the "connection" within positive and negative sides of their personality was much more explained story wise. Raj has always bee a mystery on that respect, and that was more evident than ever last season. I've seen some special features on S. 9 DVD, where Kunal tries to explain the "dating two women" stuff, with the fact Raj has a good heart and so he's kind of struggling with the situation and at the same time he is excited from the fact that, after a life where he wasn't even able to talk to women, he has become a sort of ladies man. I didn't get the struggle part at all during S. 9, TBH, but that would be a good start for him in S. 10. I guess in 10.4 or at most in 10.5 he and his harem will get some space, let's see what happens....

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Yeah, I agree. What Molaro said in those interviews feels a lot like an admittance that they just put Raj into whatever storyline has a bit of a vacancy, especially now that he's pushed even more to the side with the guys having their extra project. So Raj getting more screen time with one or more of the girls seems to be the logical conclusion here since the "dating two women" thing is only being dealt with every 5 or so episodes and he has no other storyline for himself.

I wish nothing more that they finally get rid of his stupid dating situation and let him sort out his priorities. He's always had this over the top cliché daydreams of a family but at the same time does nothing to get there. Instead he's stringing along his love interests in off-screen relationships that seemingly go nowhere. So Idk, maybe the Howardette baby will wake him up or something.

Ugh Raj.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I agree. I think these two possible (but unfortunately very likely) plots for Raj's S. 10 cover pretty much his personality, as it was developed in the show. Raj can be a huge douche with friends and women (hitting on his friends' girlfriends or threading women awfully), but he has also a sweet side, which makes him buy a heart-beat monitor for Bernie's baby, helping her in decorating the baby's room or facing her doubts about motherhood. All the characters, of course, have positive and negative aspects, none of them is a saint, but I feel that for the other characters the "connection" within positive and negative sides of their personality was much more explained story wise. Raj has always bee a mystery on that respect, and that was more evident than ever last season. I've seen some special features on S. 9 DVD, where Kunal tries to explain the "dating two women" stuff, with the fact Raj has a good heart and so he's kind of struggling with the situation and at the same time he is excited from the fact that, after a life where he was even unable to talk to women, he has become a sort of ladies man. I didn't get the struggle part at all during S. 9, TBH, but that would be a good start for him in S. 10. I guess in 10.4 or at most in 10.5 he and his harem will get some space, let's see what happens....

Big Bear shows all the qualities I like about Raj, he can be a loyal friend who cares deeply but sometimes goes borderline too far lol especially when it brings out the metrosexual side of him. He clearly has some long deep rooted issues with women, but I am not sure he will ever get them resolved. What was it one of the gang said when he was thinking about dating Emily and Lucy at the same time? He's probably going to die alone? Maybe he has to broken down and rebuilt in some way to finally sort out his relationship issues, but he has to hit that rock bottom first.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, April said:

I wish nothing more that they finally get rid of his stupid dating situation and let him sort out his priorities. He's always had this over the top cliché daydreams of a family but at the same time does nothing to get there. Instead he's stringing along his love interests in off-screen relationships that seemingly go nowhere. So Idk, maybe the Howardette baby will wake him up or something.

Raj is just the only opportunity for the writers to continue to do some of the comedy they have always done.

clairezack.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I am just curious. But are those photos new of the cast? Or old photos, they just photoshopped? 

Old photoshopped pictures...They are wearing the same clothes of the DVD cover of S. 7 (and S. 8, minus Kaley's hair), so at least they were taken in 2013, but who knows for sure? Maybe they are even older than that...All I know is whoever did that is not very good with photoshop...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

I'm in the minority when it comes to getting fired up about his dating two women. Its probably a DB move on his part but he wouldnt be the first man or woman to play "torn between two lovers".

Ive always liked his nice side. The guy that creates mystery dinners to engage the gang in fun. Who organized the scavenger hunt for the same reason (still one of my favorite episodes). Who consoled Sheldon and encouraged him when the two spent time in the Caltech basement (and Sheldon promptly abandoned him to the rats). The list is long...

When some folks say they'd be okay with Raj getting bounced I hope for otherwise. I hope they can make him more relevant on the show and less of a table lamp.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Old photoshopped pictures...They are wearing the same clothes of the DVD cover of S. 7 (and S. 8, minus Kaley's hair), so at least they were taken in 2013, but who knows for sure? Maybe they are even older than that...All I know is whoever did that is not very good with photoshop...

You would think with the money they are throwing at this cast (well the big 3 anyway, the rest are underpaid imo especially Mayim and Melissa) that there would be something in their contract about having to do some promo work each season be it photo shoots or magazine covers etc. Maybe their reasoning is the show is that successful and such a massive iconic brand that they don't feel they need to promote it and the characters as much anymore.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I've always liked his nice side.

When some folks say they'd be okay with Raj getting bounced I hope for otherwise. I hope they can make him more relevant on the show and less of a table lamp.

I wouldn't want Raj to go but to have a useful storyline written for him.There's something about the atmosphere of Kumar's tweets lately that suggest sadness and/or loss. I hope I'm reading too much into this. Is it just me ? Am I imagining a negative vibe ?

• Like 1

On 8.9.2016 at 10:01 PM, mirs1 said:

This is the new cover image of the Official TBBT Facebook page

I like the Lenny picture. At least for me that one looks like Johnny and Kaley were actually standing together when the picture was taken. In fact, I like it so much that I have chosen it as my new avatar.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I wouldn't want Raj to go but to have a useful storyline written for him.There's something about the atmosphere of Kumar's tweets lately that suggest sadness and/or loss. I hope I'm reading too much into this. Is it just me ? Am I imagining a negative vibe ?

Maybe it is something less happy is happening in his life, as he cant hide it totally. Actors also have their bad moments, but usually people always expect them smile and happy around...

I think any of tbbt actors can leave and the show goes on. They all together are the engine that makes the show goes; one of them out and the ending would be really fast and sad as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

These are not going to be quick and easy negotiations, although they have to have, at least , an 11th season announcement by upfronts in May, if the show is going to continue.  

I think for the end of March\mid April at most we should know something...The season finale in general is taped for the end of April and I imagine written well in advance. I guess the writers will need to know if they are writing the series finale or the season finale. At the end of S. 7 there was a similar situation, that's true, but after 10 seasons and with all the press continuously asking whether this is the last season or not ending the show that way would be awful.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wowbagger said:

In my fanfic version of the writers' room, Lorre is basically some sort of Bro BBC!Sherlock fan, and Molaro has to feverishly come up with ways to sneak the forward momentum that he wants past him. And the compromise they hit on is: Long long periods of inactivity, interspersed by violent spasms of something that sort of looks like a big development....and then the slumbering dragon wakes and throws his toys out of the pram and will only be appeased by equally violent regression.

Scene: CBS writers' cafetaria. MOLARO, a sensitive boy, is sitting huddled over a notebook in which he is writing furiously. LORRE, a musclebound jock with a backwards baseball cap on his head, walks in. Spotting his prey, a smirk dawns on his face. He steals up to Molaro and snatches the book from his hand. Over his protests, he flicks through it.

L: Are these....pictures of HOUSES for Leonard and Penny? Is that a literal white picket fence?

M: Give it back, Chuck!

L: Of course I have. It's Tuesday. No, you put this nonsense aside. Sheldon is destined for greater things than candlelit dinners with Miss Marple.

M (desperately) well....well...at least can Leonard and Penny move out?

L: Your OTHER little pet. No! Penny is an ineffable goddess, to float in a cloud of disdain, hotness and alcohol fumes over the repulsive goblin who tricked her into his bed.

M (struck by inspiration) what if it's an experiment?

L (arrested): An experiment?

M (thinking fast): Yes! And...and...and....we can have Amy say things like clinical trial!

L: Sheldon. Smart sounding things are Sheldon. Unless! That hairy heifer Amy is using the words to entice him!

M: ....okay, sure. And...and...and....Sheldon likes it better than he thought, and Leonard and Penny move out, and...

L: Excuse me?

M: Er....er....er....it's open ended! So...so....so...it can be walked back!

L (relaxing): That's better.

M (hopefully): Can Amy move in while Leonard and Penny move away?

L: Sure!

M: Oh wow! Well then-

L: It's a great idea! We'll have Sheldon show her his room, and she'll get all excited, and then he'll remind her that girls are not allowed and he'll take her bags to Leonard's room! (Laughs heartily) oh I can't wait to see Mayim's face. Oh the faces she makes. You can tell she's dying of laughter.

M (sighs): Do we really need to...

L (relenting): Look, I'll tell you what. We'll have Sheldon tell her about his fear of pills. It's something he's never told anybody!

M: .....because it makes no sense at all?

L: Look, take it or leave it.

M (sighing again): I'll take it.

end scene.

@wowbagger, WOW that was great. where are my gif makers? i need applauds

for the post, thanks

• Like 1