Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Judith said:

I've never thought that Penny has intervened in the Shamy relationship more than what is appropriate.

***Also - WTF??? - the writers have NOT made "several episodes" about Amy being jealous of Shenny. It was one episode in s7 and that was because Sheldon was still fighting his feelings for her. In 9.21 Amy she said that she gets annoyed - not the same as being jealous - with certain behaviours that were either about babying Sheldon or that didn't come from Sheldon. The writers had her use the word annoyed instead of jealous this time to show that the jealousy is gone - it wouldn't make sense for it to still be there. Leonard also got annoyed when Amy informed him of these things but in the end the episode was all about petty arguments about harmless stuff that ultimately isn't a big deal.

Why can't Penny say goodbye to Sheldon? What she did wasn't romantic in any way.

Leonard also got to tuck Sheldon in in the Anxiety episode.

She ran to the bathroom because Amy and Leonard were behaving like idiots. Also Sheldon and Penny are allowed to hug. Yes, Amy didn't get any physical affection in that episode, but is it really that bad?

As a shipper I don't feel like I've lost out on anything because of Lenny neither have I ever thought that the writers are trying to imply that Lenny are the experts while Amy isn't. Any time Leonard and/or Penny have been involved in the Shamy relationship it's made sense to me.

***I didn't mean to come too strong on you, shamyyellow, it's just my frustration after I've read this one too many times, or worse, the suggestion that Amy would still be jealous of Penny in s10.

Yeah I'm the same way.  I personally don't think it made ANY sense for Amy to feel insecure about Sheldon and Penny's relationship.  There was never any suggestion before to indicate it so during the "anything can happen" episode, I was literally scratching my head and wondering "where the hell is this coming from?"  Same with the GoT episode.  Oh, and "Penny's the only one that can make him take his medicine" crap.  Really?  I find it hard that ANYBODY, whether it's Penny, Leonard, Amy or whoever has to MAKE a germaphobic hypochondriac  take his medicine.  (See, writers....there's that continuity thing there).

The 200th episode didn't bother me.  Loved Penny's outfit (both dress & shoes) but personally the shoes didn't really match the dress.  Was wardrobe not able to find flats to match better?

I also know some Shamy's absolutely hated "Intimacy Acceleration" also but I found it cute....until the end when it was revealed that nobody knew Sheldon's birthday.  BULLSHIT!  I still don't buy it when they could've easily found out without even asking Sheldon himself.  Public records, his mom, his TWIN sister, the guy that's been living with him for 10+ years, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, snapepans said:

This reminds me of something.

In my country, people who ship Sheldon and Penny think "Soft Kitty" is their exclusive song, they made lots of gifs and MVs about it. So after they watched the episode, when Leonard was singing the song to Sheldon, with Penny by his side, they got furious, and bashed Leonard for days.

IMO, shippers tend to be passionate, and sometimes feeling possessive about some plots and lines, etc. So when the third person other than the two person from this ship gets the same plot or lines, shippers more or less will be unhappy. I think it's understandable. 

I get what you're saying. I think that for me the difference is that while I am a shipper I don't possess all the qualities a shipper has. So sometimes I have a hard time with some opinions I read. I'm not fully acclimated to the ways of a shipper because that's just not how I function.

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Yeah I'm the same way.  I personally don't think it made ANY sense for Amy to feel insecure about Sheldon and Penny's relationship.  There was never any suggestion before to indicate it so during the "anything can happen" episode, I was literally scratching my head and wondering "where the hell is this coming from?"  Same with the GoT episode.  Oh, and "Penny's the only one that can make him take his medicine" crap.  Really?  I find it hard that ANYBODY, whether it's Penny, Leonard, Amy or whoever has to MAKE a germaphobic hypochondriac  take his medicine.  (See, writers....there's that continuity thing there).

The 200th episode didn't bother me.  Loved Penny's outfit (both dress & shoes) but personally the shoes didn't really match the dress.  Was wardrobe not able to find flats to match better?

I also know some Shamy's absolutely hated "Intimacy Acceleration" also but I found it cute....until the end when it was revealed that nobody knew Sheldon's birthday.  BULLSHIT!  I still don't buy it when they could've easily found out without even asking Sheldon himself.  Public records, his mom, his TWIN sister, the guy that's been living with him for 10+ years, etc.

I'll pm you cause I don't want to fill up the thread with talk about s7+9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Carlos said:

You are correct, of course , but I can still have my opinions on what I like and don't like, can I not?

Sure, but I am allowed to talk about your opinion, am I? When Raj moved in with Lenny, it was clearly a mutual decision and neither of them had a problem with that. They both didn't even consider what happened between Penny and Raj a few years ago, yet it was brought up continuously in the last few weeks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but to me, it just looks like you're trying to picture it as a problem while it is not a problem for the characters themselves and that#s something I want to talk about.

34 minutes ago, Carlos said:

In reality, nothing you or I or anybody here says will make a lick of difference. Thank you very much for pointing out the obvious and irrelevant.

You're the one who just said that, not me. :icon_neutral:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

I appreciate the answer, @Tensor.

Can you point me to a few examples of that to help me better understand your position? I seriously can't think of Shamy posters who've done this, but maybe they were deleted or I've simply missed it. I do know that I’ve seen a flood of supportive comments from Shamy fans who agree that the writing for Lenny has been bad and who are hopeful that things will someday improve, and that’s why the ill-wishes for those fans has been so baffling to me. The only posts I can think of that have claimed Lenny are perfectly fine have come from a couple of posters who are 100% Lenny fans. One (fileX or something) doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

If a few Shamy fans have, in fact, been unsympathetic, it still leaves me wondering: Is it worth it to antagonize the large number of friendly, supportive Shamy posters just to try to prove a point to whomever it is that you feel ‘doesn’t get it’? (You = the 4 or so people who were posting in this manner).

I was intending to let this subject drop after my last post, and I’d love to get off it now so that we can all enjoy speculating about the finale instead. My only intent was to let the folks who were doing this know how their posts were coming across so that they could decide whether that’s really the best way to communicate their discontent.

I'm sure tensor could find posts but I'm not sure he is going to throw people under the bus. As to examples I believe they were more prevalent last season. I'm not sure unsympathetic is the right word but it's more they don't get it. As an example I don't get the big deal of Shamy third time sex. Many will disagree with me.

As to the antagonizing  the friendly  Shamy supporters I think it goes both ways. For example a couple days ago people we were waiting hours for the third time sex news on this thread which is permitted. The post was coming from someone who is a big Shamy supporter? Was it really going to be anything other than positive Shamy? Obviously I should have realized that while waiting. Could you see this to be antagonizing to Lenny supporters even if not intended? Someone like myself and IMO others can only be on this thread because again IMO we haven't had a lot of positive things to discuss mostly pictures from the glory days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, djsurrey said:

I think the writers just want to keep TBBT unique. If Leonard drops off Penny without Sheldon then the scene is little different from 100s of other goodbyes in endless other shows. Sheldon in the back seat and the scene is uniquely TBBT.

____edit

oops meant to say Penny dropping of Leonard

Unique doesn't mean good. If Penny drops Leonard off with no Sheldon, then the scene would have had the meaning it was supposed to have, and while it might be similar to 100's of other scenes what would have made it special for me would have been the 2 people participating in it.

Let me give you another example: When penny told Leonard he loved him for the first time, for me the scene was super special, not because it hasn't happened before in other sit coms but because it was Leonard and Penny and because all the shared history the characters had with the audience up to that point. A season or 2 later Sheldon told Amy he loved her and it didn't seem as special to me. Why? Because it wasn't? Probably not. It was because I don't care about Shamy that much. I recall that what I liked Sheldon and Amy's scene was how happy it made Amy feel, because I care more about her than I do about Sheldon (after Lenny, of course).

We all watch the show through the lens of our own personal biases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Judith said:

I've never thought that Penny has intervened in the Shamy relationship more than what is appropriate.

***Also - WTF??? - the writers have NOT made "several episodes" about Amy being jealous of Shenny. It was one episode in s7 and that was because Sheldon was still fighting his feelings for her. In 9.21 Amy she said that she gets annoyed - not the same as being jealous - with certain behaviours that were either about babying Sheldon or that didn't come from Sheldon. The writers had her use the word annoyed instead of jealous this time to show that the jealousy is gone - it wouldn't make sense for it to still be there. Leonard also got annoyed when Amy informed him of these things but in the end the episode was all about petty arguments about harmless stuff that ultimately isn't a big deal.

Why can't Penny say goodbye to Sheldon? What she did wasn't romantic in any way.

Leonard also got to tuck Sheldon in in the Anxiety episode.

She ran to the bathroom because Amy and Leonard were behaving like idiots. Also Sheldon and Penny are allowed to hug. Yes, Amy didn't get any physical affection in that episode, but is it really that bad?

As a shipper I don't feel like I've lost out on anything because of Lenny neither have I ever thought that the writers are trying to imply that Lenny are the experts while Amy isn't. Any time Leonard and/or Penny have been involved in the Shamy relationship it's made sense to me.

***I didn't mean to come too strong on you, shamyyellow, it's just my frustration after I've read this one too many times, or worse, the suggestion that Amy would still be jealous of Penny in s10.

I respect your opinion and I will even concede that my irritation might be irrational... but it was/is there nonetheless and I know I'm not alone.

The reason I didn't like Penny saying goodbye to Sheldon in 7.24 is because Amy didn't get to. She was looking for him, Lenny said they didn't know where he was, and after she left, they decided to track him and see what was up.  He was running away from his problems and at that point in time, he listed Amy as one of them. This was also two episodes after Amy's "I'm jealous of Penny" episode and Lenny getting engaged. I can watch the episode now and appreciate it but at the time, I hated that part. At the time, I was insecure about what was happening. 

My irritation with the anxiety episode is that Amy practically screamed at Sheldon to take the cap off because it was ruining date night and he refused. But when he got home to Lenny, Penny got it off of him and tucked him into bed. Once again, it isn't so much that Penny is a threat, but I hate how the writers undermine Shamy to give Penny this power over Sheldon.

The 200th episode was just a disappointment in general, but once again, this rubbed up against my irritation that Shamy is rarely spotlighted in important episodes. If Amy had that special moment with Sheldon where she was able to get him to join the party and Penny got the hug, I would've been fine. It's a disservice to Shamy when Penny is able to handle him better and I often want to see Amy in the scenes they give to Penny and Sheldon. 

I actually love Sheldon and Penny's friendship and had no problem with the intimacy episode... except the birthday part. But when a scene could've been and should've been Amy, I'm irritated. When Penny is shown to have a deeper bond with Sheldon, I roll my eyes. For her to be someone Sheldon trusts more than Amy... yeah. I hate that. But once again, that's personal and honestly has nothing to do with seeing her as a threat. It's never, ever romantic. I just see Shamy as a special bond nobody can touch. When for an episode or a scene, the writers let Penny take Amy's place... ugh. 

But I'll say it again. This is my opinion and my feelings. I'm not putting this on any other Shamy fan or even saying it's a reality to anybody else. Just something I find rubs against my liking.

Edited by shamyyellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

I respect your opinion and I will even concede that my irritation might be irrational... but it was/is there nonetheless and I know I'm not alone.

The reason I didn't like Penny saying goodbye to Sheldon in 7.24 is because Amy didn't get to. She was looking for him, Lenny said they didn't know where he was, and after she left, they decided to track him and see what was up.  He was running away from his problems and at that point in time, he listed Amy as one of them. This was also two episodes after Amy's "I'm jealous of Penny" episode and Lenny getting engaged. I can watch the episode now and appreciate it but at the time, I hated that part. At the time, I was insecure about what was happening. 

My irritation with the anxiety episode is that Amy practically screamed at Sheldon to take the cap off because it was ruining date night and he refused. But when he got home to Lenny, Penny got it off of him and tucked him into bed. Once again, it isn't so much that Penny is a threat, but I hate how the writers undermine Shamy to give Penny this power over Sheldon.

The 200th episode was just a disappointment in general, but once again, this rubbed up against my irritation that Shamy is rarely spotlighted in important episodes. If Amy had that special moment with Sheldon where she was able to get him to join the party and Penny got the hug, I would've been fine. It's a disservice to Shamy when Penny is able to handle him better and I often want to see Amy in the scenes they give to Penny and Sheldon. 

I actually love Sheldon and Penny's friendship and had no problem with the intimacy episode... except the birthday part. But when a scene could've been and should've been Amy, I'm irritated. When Penny is shown to have a deeper bond with Sheldon, I roll my eyes. For her to be someone Sheldon trusts more than Amy... yeah. I hate that. But once again, that's personal and honestly has nothing to do with seeing her as a threat. It's never, ever romantic. I just see Shamy as a special bond nobody can touch. When for an episode or a scene, the writers let Penny take Amy's place... ugh. 

But I'll say it again. This is my opinion and my feelings. I'm not putting this on any other Shamy fan or even saying it's a reality to anybody else. Just something I find rubs against my liking.

I understand what you're saying but the only character you should be mad at is Sheldon, because a lot of the things that diminish Amy come from Sheldon directly. I also think that part of the problem is that the writers' love affair is with Shamy in general, by virtue of association, but it really is with Sheldon in particular. I am responding to just this post of yours, even if I've seen previous posts you made on the matter, but I just glanced over them and haven't fully read them yet, so I don't know if you discussed this or not, but what really bothered me is how TPTB wrote the Shamy split because it was 95% from Sheldon's point of view, and last I checked a couple is supposed to be as close to 50/50 as possible.

Everything you feel about Penny in regards to Sheldon we (Lennies) feel from the other point of view thinking that she should be having them with Leonard and not Sheldon, but... the writers are what they are.

As far as Shamy being a special bond that nobody can touch, it would be nice if it were that way, but for these writers there's nothing sacred except keeping on making money with as little effort as possible. I liked TBBT more when it used to be a more coherent story but now (and for a number of seasons) the writers have been all over the place. All of this JMO.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, BigBang15 said:

I think people forget this is a sitcom, not a romance show. A romance show would have had a "tender goodbye" moment for Leonard and Penny. No laughs there. Having socially inept and paranoid Sheldon in the back provided the laughs.

Your premise is wrong on 2 counts:

1) There were no laughs in the version presented in the show, since it was totally unfunny.

2) Even in sitcoms you can have tender moments.  A sitcom doesn't have to have all funny moments, in much the same way that a drama or a romance can have funny moments as well.

Like it or not, this, and all literature/tv/film etc.,are recreations of real life with circumstances and tone arranged in a particular way, and life rarely if ever is just one thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I'm sure tensor could find posts but I'm not sure he is going to throw people under the bus. As to examples I believe they were more prevalent last season. I'm not sure unsympathetic is the right word but it's more they don't get it. As an example I don't get the big deal of Shamy third time sex. Many will disagree with me.

As to the antagonizing  the friendly  Shamy supporters I think it goes both ways. For example a couple days ago people we were waiting hours for the third time sex news on this thread which is permitted. The post was coming from someone who is a big Shamy supporter? Was it really going to be anything other than positive Shamy? Obviously I should have realized that while waiting. Could you see this to be antagonizing to Lenny supporters even if not intended? Someone like myself and IMO others can only be on this thread because again IMO we haven't had a lot of positive things to discuss mostly pictures from the glory days.

I’m not sure of the posts/posters Tensor was referring to, but it's fine if he doesn't want to give examples; I wouldn’t want to name individuals either. That's why my response went on on to concede the fact that I might have missed something, and I made my main point in the second paragraph anyway. That’s all I have to say about it.

I don’t think people who share spoilers are trying to antagonize Lenny fans. They are just passing along what the writers have chosen to write. It’s not like the news changes if the one sharing it is a Shamy or a Lenny or someone who has no interest in ‘ships’ whatsoever. The wait was only because the poster was brand new and there was no mod present.

Good things for Shamy don’t mean bad things for Lenny in my mind. I don’t think we’re going to see eye-to-eye on any of this stuff, Chrismo, but I do appreciate your attempts to explain your reasoning even if I don’t agree with it.

Edited by RJ1013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I don't know if you discussed this or not, but what really bothered me is how TPTB wrote the Shamy split because it was 95% from Sheldon's point of view, and last I checked a couple is supposed to be as close to 50/50 as possible.

No, I didn't discuss that but I agree. I am totally on board with those who think Sheldon gets too much attention. I understand why he does, but as somebody who enjoys all of the characters, I'd like for the themes to be more even. You don't need the plot to be about Sheldon to include him and he doesn't need to steal the show every time. 

I enjoyed seeing how Sheldon felt and how he was effected by the split... but we never really got to the bottom of why Amy did it. We know she felt like things were going too slow, but what made her bite the bullet? That's when I would've loved a girls night where they discussed it. Or even a sweet moment between Amy and Penny where she was sad and they were there for each other. Instead... we got Sheldon and Penny drinking tea in 4B on Penny's wedding night. 

Which brings us to... 

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Everything you feel about Penny in regards to Sheldon we (Lennies) feel from the other point of view thinking that she should be having them with Leonard and not Sheldon, but... the writers are what they are.

That was my main point in my original post. I mentioned all of these moments to show that Lennies hate it, but we do too. We should bond over the fact that we're both jipped in these moments, not compete for who is the most screwed. 

18 minutes ago, Carlos said:

As far as Shamy being a special bond that nobody can touch, it would be nice if it were that way, but for these writers there's nothing sacred except keeping on making money with as little effort as possible. I liked TBBT more when it used to be a more coherent story but now (and for a number of seasons) the writers have been all over the place.

The writers are who I blame because the characters don't do anything without them writing it. Shamy is a bond that nobody can touch... that's the concept... except for when they don't feel like being consistent. I do my best to disregard those moments and/or episodes because I know they were just being particularly lazy. That's also why I have a problem with them. It's not consistent so I can't take it seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

BTW is there anyone who doesn't particularly care about couples, but just watches for funny scenes and the comedy ? just curious

I guess I mainly watch for the comedy because Howard and Bernadette is the only couple I like and they don't have a lot of shipper drama surrounding them.  I wouldn't necessarily call myself a shipper for them though because I don't get all hot and bothered about the weekly status of their relationship.

And about them kissing... they don't seem to have a lot of hot kisses.  They have more causal pecks that aren't especially memorable.  The trade off is that they're hotter for each other and have more sex than any of the other couples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I mainly watch for the comedy because Howard and Bernadette is the only couple I like and they don't have a lot of shipper drama surrounding them.  I wouldn't necessarily call myself a shipper for them though because I don't get all hot and bothered about the weekly status of their relationship.
And about them kissing... they don't seem to have a lot of hot kisses.  They have more causal pecks that aren't especially memorable.  The trade off is that they're hotter for each other and have more sex than any of the other couples.

But surely lenny have more sex, because apparently that's all they have in common and take that away, they got nothing. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shamyyellow said:

I respect your opinion and I will even concede that my irritation might be irrational... but it was/is there nonetheless and I know I'm not alone.

The reason I didn't like Penny saying goodbye to Sheldon in 7.24 is because Amy didn't get to. She was looking for him, Lenny said they didn't know where he was, and after she left, they decided to track him and see what was up.  He was running away from his problems and at that point in time, he listed Amy as one of them. This was also two episodes after Amy's "I'm jealous of Penny" episode and Lenny getting engaged. I can watch the episode now and appreciate it but at the time, I hated that part. At the time, I was insecure about what was happening. 

My irritation with the anxiety episode is that Amy practically screamed at Sheldon to take the cap off because it was ruining date night and he refused. But when he got home to Lenny, Penny got it off of him and tucked him into bed. Once again, it isn't so much that Penny is a threat, but I hate how the writers undermine Shamy to give Penny this power over Sheldon.

The 200th episode was just a disappointment in general, but once again, this rubbed up against my irritation that Shamy is rarely spotlighted in important episodes. If Amy had that special moment with Sheldon where she was able to get him to join the party and Penny got the hug, I would've been fine. It's a disservice to Shamy when Penny is able to handle him better and I often want to see Amy in the scenes they give to Penny and Sheldon. 

I actually love Sheldon and Penny's friendship and had no problem with the intimacy episode... except the birthday part. But when a scene could've been and should've been Amy, I'm irritated. When Penny is shown to have a deeper bond with Sheldon, I roll my eyes. For her to be someone Sheldon trusts more than Amy... yeah. I hate that. But once again, that's personal and honestly has nothing to do with seeing her as a threat. It's never, ever romantic. I just see Shamy as a special bond nobody can touch. When for an episode or a scene, the writers let Penny take Amy's place... ugh. 

But I'll say it again. This is my opinion and my feelings. I'm not putting this on any other Shamy fan or even saying it's a reality to anybody else. Just something I find rubs against my liking.

Huh, interesting. Because from my perspective, if being influenced/persuaded by someone who is not your romantic partner undermines your romantic relationship, then surely Sheldon had and has much more to fear from Penny, than Amy will ever have to worry about. Amy's interests (wine. gossip, spas and so forth) have been far more influenced by Penny than they have by Sheldon. When Sheldon bought Amy that tiara, Amy flung herself at Penny before she went to Sheldon. It was Penny whom Amy asked to put the tiara on her. It was Penny who received that Hieronymus Bosch nightmare of a portrait. Penny was Amy's first crush, in-show, and her influence continues to be felt. (PAmy heart eyes). 

This is not to deny that ShAmy gets undermined on the show. Far from it. The showrunners frequently scuttle into their comfort zones of 'romantic relationships = Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' tired gender stereotypes, which means that romantic partners will frequently be portrayed as never understanding/influencing each other because hyuk hyuk hyuk. But that doesn't mean that it's fundamentally terrible if Sheldon sometimes listens to an old friend, or his mother, or his grandmother, and not his girlfriend. Because - guess what? - his girlfriend is influenced by her friends, too. What undermines the relationship is not Sheldon's failure to slavishly obey Amy or whatever. What undermines the relationship is setting up romantic relationships from the base assumption of bullshit gendered conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shamyyellow said:

No, I didn't discuss that but I agree. I am totally on board with those who think Sheldon gets too much attention. I understand why he does, but as somebody who enjoys all of the characters, I'd like for the themes to be more even. You don't need the plot to be about Sheldon to include him and he doesn't need to steal the show every time. 

I enjoyed seeing how Sheldon felt and how he was effected by the split... but we never really got to the bottom of why Amy did it. We know she felt like things were going too slow, but what made her bite the bullet? That's when I would've loved a girls night where they discussed it. Or even a sweet moment between Amy and Penny where she was sad and they were there for each other. Instead... we got Sheldon and Penny drinking tea in 4B on Penny's wedding night. 

Which brings us to... 

That was my main point in my original post. I mentioned all of these moments to show that Lennies hate it, but we do too. We should bond over the fact that we're both jipped in these moments, not compete for who is the most screwed. 

The writers are who I blame because the characters don't do anything without them writing it. Shamy is a bond that nobody can touch... that's the concept... except for when they don't feel like being consistent. I do my best to disregard those moments and/or episodes because I know they were just being particularly lazy. That's also why I have a problem with them. It's not consistent so I can't take it seriously. 

 

so,,,,Amy can interact and be influenced by Penny and Bernadette , but if Sheldon gets influenced or comforted by or helped by Penny or Leonard or Bernie or someone else, other than Amy,...its the worst thing EVER ?? I don't understand this double standard- Sheldon must do everything exclusively with Amy and obey Amy at all costs,  but no one bats an eyelid about the many times, Amy also has scenes with Penny and Bernie and shares stories with them or talks about her relationship with them instead of Sheldon.

I don't understand this double standard. They are all friends. Amy is allowed to have friends outside Sheldon, and Sheldon is allowed to have friends outside of Amy. They may seek help or be comforted by different people in their life on different matters. I don't see a big deal in either case. although tbh, these things never bothered me before,  until i read opinions so it might just be me.

Edited by serena_1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

So Lenny aren't allowed to have one episode out of 24. 

Oh, yes. That's exactly what I was saying. Or maybe I just wish the plots were spaced out better. Imagine a TBBT where you didn't need to rely on Lenny being the focus of the finale because they were evenly incorporate into the rest of the season. Or, you know... screw them. That might be what I meant. 
 

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Lets analyze the finale's  since Amy has come on the show

Season 3- Amy meets Sheldon. Non Lenny

Non-Lenny? In what universe? That entire episode was about Penny's irritation that she couldn't date stupid guys anymore because Leonard is smart. She gets drunks and Lenny has sex. No, they weren't together and didn't make a decision regarding their relationship, but you cannot tell me that episode wasn't Lenny-centric. 

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Seadon 4- Raj/Penny hook up. To me it was non Lenny. Some will disagree.

I disagree and more important, it certainly wasn't about Shamy.

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

While finales are important in regards to next season are they real more important than the other 23? I understand to TPTB  they are. Would you rather have just a big storyline at the end and nothing at the beginning or middle?

No, but it really isn't just the finale in the case of the final episodes in the last few years. 

In S7, we had major Shamy plots in E4, E5, E11 (kind of), E15, E16, E19, and that's literally it unless you want to count the finale, which I don't. They had one scene together.

In S8, we had major Shamy plots in E1, E3, E8, E9, E11, E13, E17, E20, and then nothing until they break up in the finale.

In S9, we had major Shamy plots in E1, E2, E5, E7, E9, E10, E11, E14, E15, E19, and E20. 

If you notice, there is a weird pattern where they get down to the last 4 or 5 episodes of the season and the season is pretty much over for us. I recognized this because I start to panic as the season is about to come to a close because each taping report is a disappointment. But no, I'm not saying that they need to have the finale too. I'm saying that I wish they could lose a plot or two in the beginning and middle so we could leave the season on a high note... or on any note at all.

Bottom line: I wish they spread the plotlines out better for everybody. As a Shamy, I get sad when they don't get much towards the end of each season. Personally, I'm glad that isn't the case this year. Next step is the fix the Lenny frustrations.

Edited by shamyyellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 

so,,,,Amy can interact and be influenced by Penny and Bernadette , but if Sheldon gets influenced or comforted by or helped by Penny or Leonard or Bernie or someone else, other than Amy,...its the worst thing EVER ?? I don't understand this double standard- Sheldon must do everything exclusively with Amy and obey Amy at all costs,  but no one bats an eyelid about the many times, Amy also has scenes with Penny and Bernie and shares stories with them or talks about her relationship with them instead of Sheldon.

I don't understand this double standard. They are all friends. Amy is allowed to have friends outside Sheldon, and Sheldon is allowed to have friends outside of Amy. They may seek help or be comforted by different people in their life on different matters. I don't see a big deal in either case. although tbh, these things never bothered me before,  until i read opinions so it might just be me.

Great post Serena, and I have to be honest never understood why Penny and Leonard helping Sheldon is such a sensitive subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

What undermines the relationship is not Sheldon's failure to slavishly obey Amy or whatever.

 

39 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I don't understand this double standard- Sheldon must do everything exclusively with Amy and obey Amy at all costs

Ok... I have no idea where this "obey" crap is coming from because I never once thought about any character needing to obey anybody. Like... ever. So apparently I'm being misunderstood and I need to bow out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:


But surely lenny have more sex, because apparently that's all they have in common and take that away, they got nothing. :)

 

Come on now, you very well know Lenny stands behind the kitchen island making smart comments about Shamy while Stuart lies in bed watching his "Japanese porn cartoons" and Howardette have sex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

BTW is there anyone who doesn't particularly care about couples, but just watches for funny scenes and the comedy ? just curious

The comedy but also the physics, engineering, astrophysics and general science references. Also the fantasy, D&D, chess and many tv/movie references. There is much that reminds me of my high school and years as an engineering student.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

No, but it really isn't just the finale in the case of the final episodes in the last few years. 

In S7, we had major Shamy plots in E4, E5, E11 (kind of), E15, E16, E19, and that's literally it unless you want to count the finale, which I don't. They had one scene together.

In S8, we had major Shamy plots in E1, E3, E8, E9, E11, E13, E17, E20, and then nothing until they break up in the finale.

In S9, we had major Shamy plots in E1, E2, E5, E7, E9, E10, E11, E14, E15, E19, and E20. 

If you notice, there is a weird pattern where they get down to the last 4 or 5 episodes of the season and the season is pretty much over for us. I recognized this because I start to panic as the season is about to come to a close because each taping report is a disappointment. But no, I'm not saying that they need to have the finale too. I'm saying that I wish they could lose a plot or two in the beginning and middle so we could leave the season on a high note... or on any note at all.

Bottom line: I wish they spread the plotlines out better for everybody. As a Shamy, I get sad when they don't get much towards the end of each season. Personally, I'm glad that isn't the case this year. Next step is the fix the Lenny frustrations.

How can you fix something that isn't on screen. 

If you look at your numbers over major Shamy plots over the previous seasons the first thing you'll notice is that the numbers are increasing for major Shamy plots every season. 

According to you it is 6 major episodes in season 7 and 8 major episodes in season 8 and another 11 major episodes in season 9.

We don't have the numbers for season 10 yet but I really don't think the numbers are down on major Shamy plots this season.  It is pretty clear to me how season 11 will be like, with very little Lenny or Howardette. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.