[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Ramona has a mini-Sheldon child! She convinced him to give sperm at that high intelligence sperm bank and then bought all of his samples!

Just kidding! Do not kill me, please, I have a meeting tomorrow.

No worries, hehe But I hope you are strongly wrong! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, isn't she away for quite a few months?

I saw someone say earlier two or three months. That's not that long.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:
1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I can't see either of them cheating, but, as much as I adore Amy, if one of them was to cheat, I think it would be Amy, rather than Sheldon.

But not the minute she gets out of town. I  can't see that at all.

Sheldon is famous for spilling secrets. The bar is more shocking   

But who knows he has government secrets. I don't think anyone would ask him tha in a bar. He had to volunteer that information on his own

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bfm said:

Ramona has a mini-Sheldon child! She convinced him to give sperm at that high intelligence sperm bank and then bought all of his samples!

tenor.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

A little bit sad that there is no discussion what so ever what will happen Lenny in the finale. 

I agree, focus on Lenny will be a much needed dash of fresh air !!!!  I'm looking forward to the Zack episode The Lenny part seems great, but the Shamy part looks dumbed down and irritating, to say the least. not only did they turn Sheldon into an incompetent clown, they also have Amy deliver the warped message that  personal life can be a substitute for career woes.

i feel,  the overall quality of writing has been so atrocious now, still an improvement from s8 and s9, but not much IMO.  I really wanted the show to wrap up by May this year or maybe just have a shortened 11th season. Creatively, they are way past their prime IMO. Just re-watching Cooper Nowitzki Theorem makes me see the drastic decline in dialogues, plots , characterizations and overall energy.

The show barely manages to raise a smile from me, let alone any laughs these days. Same can be said for Sheldon's character. Sheldon has become a dumbed down clown/buffoon , a sad parody of his original award winning and critically acclaimed self

unlike many others, I really really don't have enough interest in whether Sheldon has sex again with Amy, or gets engaged/married. Blech.  I feel many stories I wanted to see about Shamy and many other characters have been played out enough. Unless the finale is something very interesting, i will not come back to the show in season 11.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, bfm said:

More believable than the boat kiss and Penny marrying Zack.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

maybe you should worry about Amy cheating . Sheldon didn't have any sustained interest in anyone other than Amy yet you are forgetting Amy had non zero interest in Dave. But suuureee........Sheldon is the one whose possible cheating we need to worry about.

Its just like I said, there is a blatant double standard here-

Just like no one had any problem with Amy going on dates during the break up , and actually loved Dave, yet Sheldon asking out a woman on Craigslist was dismissed and met with relief he that he didn't go any further with her..

Similarly, Amy has plenty of scenes with penny and Bernie and everyone wants their friendship to strengthen, but Sheldon having 2-3 scenes with Penny per season are treated as the worst thing ever- and taking away precious time from Shamy. To the extent that I read, that Sheldon shouldn't be nice to Penny, otherwise some weird Shenny shipping might happen. Yet I see no one say, that Amy shouldn't be nicer to Penny than Leonard for the fear of some Penny/Amy shipping.

I am not talking particularly about you, but what I read in general.

I'm sorry, you mean among the fandom "no one" had any problem with Amy going on dates? really?

Don't you remembr how she was almost hated  by a good part of the shipperdom for daring to think in dating around and for not being a sobbing mess over the break up?

And yes, Dave was loved, but only after he was outed as the biggest Sheldon fanboy ever, and after he cheered for his hero to get Amy back, not before,  I bet that if he really had been a serious contender for Amy's heart, he wouldn't had had that much of an approval.

Now, what  I don't really understand is why we are talking about a possible cheater!Amy  scenario when the one who is going to be around an "old flame" while his partner is away is Sheldon.

Or there was another plot summary that reads: "While away at Princeton, Amy meets a handosme and charming neuroscientist that makes her question her relationship with Sheldon", that I absolutely missed?

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

unlike many others, I really really don't have enough interest in whether Sheldon has sex again with Amy, or gets engaged/married. Blech.  I feel many stories I wanted to see about Shamy and many other characters have been played out enough. Unless the finale is something very interesting, i will not come back to the show in season 11.

I'm expecting a future episode stating Sheldon has a coitus chart on his refrigerator next to his bowel movement one. The coitus thing IMO should of ended after the first time. Repeated talk now about it sort of shows the writers have run out material. The talk on here at least what I read in the last four years was generally when is coitus  going to happen. I agree another wedding doesn't sound interesting. I actually think the finale could be interesting in regards to Sheldon if another woman tempts. Kind of would make look more of a grown up instead of the episode with Martha when he was clueless in what she wanted.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sarah7 said:

I'm sorry, you mean among the fandom "no one" had any problem with Amy going on dates? really?

Don't you remembr how she was almost hated  by a good part of the shipperdom for daring to think in dating around and for not being a sobbing mess over the break up?

i actually had no problems with Amy dating during break up . What i meant by the double standard was, that Amy dating others seemed to be more acceptable, than Sheldon wanting to date others.  Just like it seems, Amy cheating would be more acceptable/forgiven than Sheldon cheating if a hypothetical scenario occurred.

Amy dating during the break up is perfectly natural (which i agree) but many were surprisingly reactionary and negative towards Sheldon meeting Vanessa. there was no evidence Sheldon was interested in her, but if hypothetically, he was, would it really have been that bad  ?

Amy dating others is considered as doing the healthy thing, but Sheldon making an effort to move on is met with negativity and "he gave up soon; he didn't suffer enough".blah blah.

Like,many didn't want Amy to be a sobbing mess over the break up, but hypocritically wanted Sheldon to continue to be a sobbing mess over the break up and be hung up over Amy. 

i didn't wanna rehash the old stuff though, but i wanted to elaborate.

Edited by serena_1995
spelling
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

TPTB and the writers won't do anything that will harm Shamy in any way(and I don't want that either). This thing with Ramona in the finale is totally harmless in my opinion. 

Well that is further speculation, just saying. While that is a likely conclusion. Until we get more information, we don't that is true for sure. After 8.24. I don't know what the show could do. They easily pushed Leonard down a stream without a paddle. So would they character assainate Sheldon? Probably not. But I woulden't put it past Lorre to do a Sheldon hooks up with Ramona angle.

I don't think things have been always smooth sailing with Shamy at all. Same with Lenny they have had their ups and downs. But I don't think TPTB have any selective bias or anything. Considering most of their ideas since Season 8. Have been throwaway, or poorly executed. They reguarly phone it in with all the characters. Like with Lenny Two episodes Romance Recalibration, and Emotion Detection. Those episodes, were just lazy, hacked together, full of clichies and stereotypes. And worse of all had no resolution. Shamy have had their share worst this season, with the Amy co-parents Sheldon jokes. The worst of it all, the Amy drugs Sheldon gag. So I don't think its a competition or anything, if it was it would be called off due to no one winning :icon_cheesygrin:.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Well said.   Amy had a window open to explore opportunities while broken up with Sheldon.   Dave was likely a done deal.   She realized that she was being silly believing she wanted someone other than Sheldon, or what he could give at the time.  She chose to forego her chances for a traditional romantic relationship and went back to Sheldon and their quirky relationship not knowing how much being separated from her had changed him.   He rocked her world on their opening night in the bedroom.   She lied to continue living with him.   She's still anxiously waiting for a proposal.   Amy has her man, one who is continuously trying to become better for her.  She's not going to ruin all that progress and their future together by cheating on him, especially after he sent her away with a ride to remember, no doubt. 

Furthermore, I'd like to see Amy confidently advance in her professional career without the drama/distraction of another man, while collecting experiences to come back and share with Sheldon.  I was disappointed that the writers didn't take this route during the break up.  

I think Sheldon telling Amy not to fall in love with any other scientists shows maturity on his part.   He is not so arrogant anymore to believe that Amy cannot land another fellow.  However, he is confident and loves her enough to support her decision, at great sacrifice of her absence.    On a side note, I just love recalling Sheldon implying to Bert that he views Amy, not scientific knowledge, as the one thing he has that puts him above everyone else.

As far as Sheldon cheating, I don't see it happening.   However, Ramona does appeal to Sheldon on an intellectual level.   Perhaps the writers are going to try to play on his fear of becoming like his father by putting him in an awkward situation where they are talking science, he is missing Amy, and he gets to thinking about things.     I see him heading to Princeton to seek out Amy, and perhaps this is what will prompt him to finally propose to her.

It makes me a little nervous that Raj is moving out, and Sheldon's old bedroom is available again.   The writers are leaving the door open that perhaps for some reason Amy does not return, Sheldon may move back into his old room.   It seems they played the same card trick when introducing the living experiment, leaving a way open to return to status quo if necessary.   However, what would happen to 4B?  How can the writers move backward with all the forward progress that has been made?

I'd like to think what they are doing is finally allowing Lenny to live as a married couple without a mediator, and Amy will return with a surprise of her own; perhaps winning a significant award for her achievements or getting some big promotion in her field that will cause Shamy to have to make some serious decisions.

Yeah me too LOL. I've enjoyed Lenny 4A. Shamy 4B. I think it has given the show a new lease of life in a way. And I would like to think Raj gone. Lenny can now start being a proper married couple. And not use roommates as buffers. But who knows. I don't see Sheldon cheating either. Well not initating anyway. But after 8.24. I woulden't put it past the show, to go for shock value. But you would think after the backlash that finalie got, they woulden't dare even entertain the notion. You could argue though the show used Good Ol Bev. As a portal so to speak. To Isolate all the characters elephant in the room. Lenny using roommates. That is addressed with Raj gone. And Sheldon using his old room, as an escape. Hopefully show don't degress. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

i actually had no problems with Amy dating during break up . What i meant by the double standard was, that Amy dating others seemed to be more acceptable, than Sheldon wanting to date others.  Just like it seems, Amy cheating would be more acceptable/forgiven than Sheldon cheating if a hypothetical scenario occurred.

Amy dating during the break up is perfectly natural (which i agree) but many were surprisingly reactionary and negative towards Sheldon meeting Vanessa. there was no evidence Sheldon was interested in her, but if hypothetically, he was, would it really have been that bad  ?

Amy dating others is considered as doing the healthy thing, but Sheldon making an effort to move on is met with negativity and "he gave up soon; he didn't suffer enough".blah blah.

Like,many didn't want Amy to be a sobbing mess over the break up, but hypocritically wanted Sheldon to continue to be a sobbing mess over the break up and be hung up over Amy. 

i didn't wanna rehash the old stuff though, but i wanted to elaborate.

Ok, I see your point, however, my memory could be failing me, but, as I recall, there was not much of an uproar with the Vanessa thing, I even remember some were supporting him, I do remember my own uprage, not precisely because I wanted him to suffer or to be a sobbing mess, but because I found it infuriating that while Amy's only choices were freaks, TPTB gave Sheldon in his first intent and not really trying an actual model!, who was also brilliant and into geeky stuff, like, really?

Leaving that aside, I'm not a fan at all at the way the break up was handled back then, partly because yes, I think that him liking Vanessa would have been very bad, just as I think that Amy liking very much another guy (if there had been something likeable about them, of course) would had been equally bad, because I think that goes directly against one of the essential features of Shamy in particular, which was that they were "the one" for each other, their are not normal individuals, so, to find so fast and easily a replacement would take a lot away from their so called uniqueness.

I wouldn't have minded for them to go on dates (as they actually did), but I would have liked for the excercise to be not as futile as it was, it would have been useful if only it had served to highlight the fact that no-one was suited for any of them but each other, but anyway, just another dissappointment to the bunch.

As you said, no use to rehash the old stuff.

Now, regarding hypothetical future stuff, I'm not sure that Amy cheating would be more acceptable/easily forgiven, I mean, a woman cheater in this show? easily forgiven?, moreover, cheating on the golden boy of the show? that would only be if they really were about to dispose the character (as they did with Priya) I can't think of an scenario were Amy hurts Sheldon that much for real and she is allowed to come back and be forgiven and everything is forgotten.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Why would the alternative have been Leonard and Penny saying goodbye in the apartment? Is there any reason on Earth why Penny wouldn't take Leonard to the airport by herself?

And how do you know what the writers' intentions where? Did you personally asked them? A lot of the times we might think the meaning is particular one but that isn't always the case.

For example: even without asking them I think we can all assume the writers' intentions are to write a funny show. However, what we see, the execution, doesn't always succeed in doing that, now, does it?

The other alternative would be Leonard and Penny kissing each other good bye in the car at the airport, i minute scene, no laughs. My alternative suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

Yes, they do succeed in writing a funny show in my opinion. Some are funnier than others, but there's always something funny.

12 minutes ago, sarah7 said:

Ok, I see your point, however, my memory could be failing me, but, as I recall, there was not much of an uproar with the Vanessa thing, I even remember some were supporting him, I do remember my own uprage, not precisely because I wanted him to suffer or to be a sobbing mess, but because I found it infuriating that while Amy's only choices were freaks, TPTB gave Sheldon in his first intent and not really trying an actual model!, who was also brilliant and into geeky stuff, like, really?

Leaving that aside, I'm not a fan at all at the way the break up was handled back then, partly because yes, I think that him liking Vanessa would have been very bad, just as I think that Amy liking very much another guy (if there had been something likeable about them, of course) would had been equally bad, because I think that goes directly against one of the essential features of Shamy in particular, which was that they were "the one" for each other, their are not normal individuals, so, to find so fast and easily a replacement would take a lot away from their so called uniqueness.

I wouldn't have minded for them to go on dates (as they actually did), but I would have liked for the excercise to be not as futile as it was, it would have been useful if only it had served to highlight the fact that no-one was suited for any of them but each other, but anyway, just another dissappointment to the bunch.

As you said, no use to rehash the old stuff.

Now, regarding hypothetical future stuff, I'm not sure that Amy cheating would be more acceptable/easily forgiven, I mean, a woman cheater in this show? easily forgiven?, moreover, cheating on the golden boy of the show? that would only be if they really were about to dispose the character (as they did with Priya) I can't think of an scenario were Amy hurts Sheldon that much for real and she is allowed to come back and be forgiven and everything is forgotten.

hmmm...i completely agree.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

The other alternative would be Leonard and Penny kissing each other good bye in the car at the airport, i minute scene, no laughs. My alternative suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

Yes, they do succeed in writing a funny show in my opinion. Some are funnier than others, but there's always something funny.

Well they diddn't have to do that. They were in the car, and saying goodbye as a couple. Sheldon had the chance to do that at 4A. To this day I am not sure why Sheldon was even in the backseat of the car in 6.24. It did really set a precedence. OF Sheldon having to be in every scene. 

55 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

hmmm...i completely agree.

Yeah well I See the writers making Amy cheating before Sheldon tbh. I mean Sheldon is their golden boy. I mean they easily sent Leonard to the wolves. But I can't see the show dangering Sheldon like that. With Amy majority of the audience would despise her if she did that. So yeah I agree it would be hard to come back from. I mean they did with Leonard. But part of that is how his character is. He is like a ladies man lol. He is susceptible to attention from the opposite Sex. Sheldon clearly is like Spock with emotions. But I don't think the show would go their, I would like to think. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I see this too as a way out for Amy if Mayim doesn't extend her contract (highly unlikely I must say). 

I don't know but it could be that Melissa has almost sign a new contract and there are more details to be fixed in Mayims contract. 

This is pure speculation from my part. 

I really see Melissa's part in the show unchanged since she married Howard, but after this season, I think Mayim's part in the show has been really upgraded.  Her character, living with Sheldon, has sort of replaced Leonard in that part.  Remember in the early seasons how there was so much Leonard/Sheldon interaction, well now with season 10 Amy is the one Sheldon interacts most with, it makes her a first tier character.  I could see her agent hitting TPTB with that and demanding a significant raise.

so I agree with the person who said that the plot for Amy going to Princeton over the summer is probably a set up to cover her character if it doesn't return in season 11.

Romona may be part of a cliffhanger, if she shows up suddenly at the end of the episode for Sheldon because then everyone will wonder what will now alone Sheldon do.  She might be there also as a backup if Amy doesn't come back.

i also think getting Raj out could be for bringing Sheldon back into 4A while Amy is gone.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

My guess is nothing at all will come from Ramona except a few laughs. 

Agreed. We don't even know where she 'resurfaces' although we've all been assuming it's somewhere in the vicinity of Caltech. Suppose she's at Princeton ?  If she's befriending or working with Amy, it could put the gang's 'concern' on high alert.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

As it was, we got a two minute scene, with Sheldon being a complete ass, with no laughs.  I take that back, I laughed when Penny asked about his dramamine and what happened on "It's a Small World".    Saying goodbye to Sheldon at the apartment, and letting Leonard and Penny say goodbye at the airport would have been a much better ending.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Maybe I missed this but why did Raj move out?

We weren't told but the most obvious reason would be that he can now afford his own place again even if it's small.  An apartment over a garage is a step in the direction of getting back on his feet. Only one flight of stairs is better than four if you have a dog.

7 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I know my posts are out in left field but i never thought that they would have Sheldon lose government secrets in a bar either

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He gave one away in The Cheesecake Factory once. 

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic