The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The title of the episode and the plotlline don't necessarily have to go together. I understand the reason people think that is  though. If I missed someone posting this earlier I apologize but isn't Leonard from New Jersey?Would it be totally out of left field for Amy to see Beverly there? Could Beverly cause trouble for Lenny and thus the title?

I believe it has been implied, but never outright stated, that both of Leonard's parents work at Princeton.

Edited by Enrico Fermi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

No need. He'd be fine. Amy would raise a child along good neurobiological principles and she'd get a nanny to look after Sheldon and make sure he did no harm.

Amy from what I know has no siblings. Sheldon is not close to his siblings. Both think having a baby would be a gift to society not IMO an interest in having a family.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

The description of the finale isn't exactly true either. Ramona was pretending to be an admirer of Sheldon. She just wanted to share credit for something Sheldon did and be recognized.

That's not true. She was not pretending to be an admirer, she WAS. She didn't know if Sheldon was going to figure out his problem or not. The fact that he did, and Ramona attributes that to her guidance of keeping him working on the problem and not going off to do his usual things. Ramona didn't really contribute to the entire paper, but she asked if he'd put her name on it (for her help). That's when it was the last straw for Sheldon and he threw he out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enrico Fermi said:

I believe it has been implied, but never outright stated, that both of Leonard's parents work at Princeton.

Isn't his father in New York now ?

21 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

In case it's her last episode ever?

No. she gonna be back next season. But the cast always takes a picture on the last episode of the season.  

-

We'll probably know for sure what happened in the tonight season finale in next several hours.  The Sheldon and Ramona could be the B Story  Plot. That will be interesting to see where they will go with that, There many directions they could go. I do like the idea of the other being concerned about Ramona Intentions.

Legacy99 is right. The Episode title could be a reference to Lenny. CBS never gave out a Press Release on TBBT season finale and what it be about but just a Press Release with a list of their shows including titles of the season finales for those shows and a short episode plot for each It was probably what they were given by Producers. But Episodes now tend to have Three storylines sometimes just two.

Personally, I do not want Amy and Sheldon to have a kid on this show... ever.  I would be fine with Amy announcing in Final Episode that she Pregnant. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

No. she gonna be back next season. But the cast always takes a picture on the last episode of the season.  

-

We'll probably know for sure what happened in the tonight season finale in next several hours.  The Sheldon and Ramona could be the B Story  Plot. That will be interesting to see where they will go with that, There many directions they could go. I do like the idea of the other being concerned about Ramona Intentions.

Legacy99 is right. The Episode title could be a reference to Lenny. CBS never gave out a Press Release on TBBT season finale and what it be about but just a Press Release with a list of their shows including titles of the season finales for those shows and a short episode plot for each It was probably what they were given by Producers. But Episodes now tend to have Three storylines sometimes just two.

Personally, I do not want Amy and Sheldon to have a kid on this show... ever.  I would be fine with Amy announcing in Final Episode that she Pregnant. 

Nah that should be reserved for Penny. IMO the series final should homage the pilot. Penny gives birth. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Nah that should be reserved for Penny. IMO the series final should homage the pilot. Penny gives birth. 

I didn't say Amy should give birth in last episode just that she should announce she pregnant. I rather see that then other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I agree. The final scene should involve Leonard and Sheldon

49 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I didn't say Amy should give birth in last episode just that she should announce she pregnant. I rather see that then other. 

I would find it that insulting but unfortunately rather predictable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

TBH I don't think the audience would care for that. Most of the audience are holding onto the pilot. "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". SO I Think they should revolve the finalie heavily around that famous line. I Think Amy announcing she is pregnant takes away from that. That said though. Shamy Birthday Sex stole attention away from Bernadette's birth. So I woulden't be surprised. 

• Like 2

TBH I don't think the audience would care for that. Most of the audience are holding onto the pilot. "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". SO I Think they should revolve the finalie heavily around that famous line. I Think Amy announcing she is pregnant takes away from that. That said though. Shamy Birthday Sex stole attention away from Bernadette's birth. So I woulden't be surprised. 

I figure tptb will let Sheldon use that line now instead of Leonard

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Wait... is most of the audience holding onto the pilot and that final line as a way to close the show? I'm not sure about that. However, judging by the way the 200th episode ended up, I do think the writers are probably going to go that route. 

24 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Maybe Leonard says it about everyone's babies in the finale, they all ended up with people who loved them and they all had smart and beautiful babies.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

I'm surprised at the end of the 200th episode all the characters didn't get down on their knees and bow down to Sheldon

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, vonmar said:

TBBT is fine for now.  Season 10 is written and wrapped.  TBBT writers usually come back to start prepping for the next season in mid to late July, so they have about 3 months before it affects Season 11.

People who are fans of shows that run during the summer should be worried.

By the quality of the scripts I thought they had been on strike for all of S 10 . I'm not worried. If they strike long enough to not be able to start writing for S11 on time, maybe we get replacement writers and they might be able to re-capture TBBT's former glory. Who knows? Fingers crossed...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

3 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

Wait... is most of the audience holding onto the pilot and that final line as a way to close the show? I'm not sure about that. However, judging by the way the 200th episode ended up, I do think the writers are probably going to go that route. 

Both of you make valid points. A certain segment of the audience have been waiting for the "Our Babies" for almost ten years. I cannot imagine that somehow not in the series finale. Though I also think a certain segment of the audience it means nothing to.

ironically the finale of HIMYM was on in the Chicago area. I thought it was great but by most  comments it was hated. My liking of it was related to the finale sort of paying homage to the pilot. The French horn and the dogs at the end as an example. I think two factors it was hated was many forgot the original pilot from 8 years earlier and hated Ted's wife dying in the finale. 

I think it's the same here. The pilot was so long ago and many quite honestly weren't watching. I think some want Amy to be pregnant if Penny is having a baby. Like it has to happen that way. To me it doesn't. I think Penny with a baby at the end is a must. Amy pregnant is not.

26 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Maybe Leonard says it about everyone's babies in the finale, they all ended up with people who loved them and they all had smart and beautiful babies.

Because the line isn't about everyone else's babies?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I can't disagree more with Sheldon's readiness even in a Bernadette like 10-month pregnancy to be ready.  Babies aren't textbook.  Sheldon would expect a textbook baby and will be in an extremely bad state when the baby does not act according to "plan".  Sheldon needs to be prepared by witnessing the active care for a baby (such as he would experience whenever Leonard and Penny become parents---he isn’t getting that from the care and raising off screen and off-premises of Halley) before he (and Amy or any other mother of said Cooper progeny) undertake this huge step.....   

Not to mention that Sheldon lacks the most necessary requirement to being a parent: putting your child before yourself. Sheldon's not very good at not being number 1 in his life, not to mention that I don't think he'd cope very well with being number 2 in Amy's life. Furthermore I think he's very immature and too selfish to become a parent. Don't think it's going to happen, though. 

6 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

You decided to interfer so I thought you both were on the same page. Whatever dude, I'm not talking about this nonsense anymore.

Apparently you don't like when somebody presents you evidence that disproves your point. And it is not interfering, it's called posting. Everybody has the same right as you do to post their opinions, don't they?

• Like 5