Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

I'm not saying they will (as we have obviously zero influence over storylines ) but they have first of all got to sort out Penny's career. Explore some both comedic but also maybe serious career options, maybe make it a multi-episode storyline arc with them exploring. A few choices to engineer this could be Penny decides she wants to change or perhaps she has no choice the company starts laying off some sales rep's in the area. The other option would be to perhaps give her a new job in the same company, maybe she heads a sales team for the local area meaning she doesn't have to flirt with doctors anymore to get sales? 

Second I think they need to introduce some actual real hobbies for both of them. Both individual and as a couple, individual ones will allow them to interact both with each other and with their friends a bit more. Couple themed ones also provide interaction between them and some interesting storylines. I'm not going to ever advocate or call for couple only storylines all the time (I wouldn't do that for my ship) but they could balance it better. I think they can still have quality, fun storylines with their friends involved, absolutely.

I know there is a danger of sitcom tropes but why can't they go out a bit more? Still have a date night where they go out for a meal, perhaps go to a pub, bowling? cinema? They used to go out a lot more before marriage for meals.

It's fixable, they have the established chemistry between the actors and the whole backstory. It wouldn't take much to give them some better storylines, but this is not in our control and we have zero influence. I get why some Lennies have hated a lot of their storylines, I think some of them have been shit as well especially that convention storyline earlier in the season as just one example.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

 

Second I think they need to introduce some actual real hobbies for both of them. Both individual and as a couple, individual ones will allow them to interact both with each other and with their friends a bit more. Couple themed ones also provide interaction between them and some interesting storylines. I'm not going to ever advocate or call for couple only storylines all the time (I wouldn't do that for my ship) but they could balance it better. I think they can still have quality storylines with their friends involved, absolutely.

I know there is a danger of sitcom tropes but why can't they go out a bit more? Still have a date night where they go out for a meal, perhaps go to a pub, bowling? cinema? They used to go out a lot more before marriage for meals.

 

Yes, and I think something their relationship needs is for L to make the effort to get into some outdoor hobbies that Penny likes. I'd like to see Penny on a horse again (the Preparation H ad wasn't enough) so how about their going horseback trekking? I assume the budget will run to some location work with nice scenery. Maybe riding on the beach. And for going out to eat, it's a bit odd that they've never been to a brewpub.

18 hours ago, BBT70 said:

With all the money that will be paid out for season 11 and 12 , CBS cannot afford to lose viewers !

They seem determined to get rid of the remaining old fans who love Penny and Leonard. The only reason I don't stop watching is that I think that's what the program's owners want me to do. The thing I don't understand is why they keep KC and JG on at all now it's degenerated into The Shamy Show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm not saying they will (as we have obviously zero influence over storylines ) but they have first of all got to sort out Penny's career. Explore some both comedic but also maybe serious career options, maybe make it a multi-episode storyline arc with them exploring. A few choices to engineer this could be Penny decides she wants to change or perhaps she has no choice the company starts laying off some sales rep's in the area. The other option would be to perhaps give her a new job in the same company, maybe she heads a sales team for the local area meaning she doesn't have to flirt with doctors anymore to get sales? 

Second I think they need to introduce some actual real hobbies for both of them. Both individual and as a couple, individual ones will allow them to interact both with each other and with their friends a bit more. Couple themed ones also provide interaction between them and some interesting storylines. I'm not going to ever advocate or call for couple only storylines all the time (I wouldn't do that for my ship) but they could balance it better. I think they can still have quality, fun storylines with their friends involved, absolutely.

I know there is a danger of sitcom tropes but why can't they go out a bit more? Still have a date night where they go out for a meal, perhaps go to a pub, bowling? cinema? They used to go out a lot more before marriage for meals.

It's fixable, they have the established chemistry between the actors and the whole backstory. It wouldn't take much to give them some better storylines, but this is not in our control and we have zero influence. I get why some Lennies have hated a lot of their storylines, I think some of them have been shit as well especially that convention storyline earlier in the season as just one example.

Yeah, preach! But I think your words have been falling on deaf ears.

o_00225.gif.ac367e1bfb25ec1941291fb20a1dbed8.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help it, I'm so happy with this episode, because after having to read for two years how Leonard cheated with Mandy, now Sheldon has cheated with Ramona and I can throw that up to everyone that brings up Leonard again.  Sheldon was even worse because he actually went on a date with Ramona, and like I was told over the last two years, intent does not mean a thing, it is still cheating.  I'm sorry for you Shamy's I know how it feels to have your favorite character labeled as a cheater, after listening about Leonard being labeled that he did that to Penny, I truly feel your pain.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much Kazzie for the info. 

God I hope Amy's says no. Because I see no logic behind Sheldon's reaction whatsoever. How does he decide to propose all of a sudden? Is it guilt? Is it that he's afraid other people might do what Ramona does to him to Amy? Is he freaking out because of the kiss? It doesn't look like it because he watches sponge bob on the flight to Princeton. 

I hope they figure it out in the premiere of next season, instead of rushing to an engagement that makes not sense. If this indeed is Shamy's long-awaited proposal, I must say I'm very disappointed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh BTW, if Sheldon didn't know going on a date with Ramona wasn't cheating, how come he knew that Alex asking that her and Leonard do something, in season6, was her making a play at Leonard.  It is interesting how eidetic memory Sheldon can have amnesia when it benefits him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

It's impossible to know. Leonard said he felt guilty. Sheldon? We have no way of knowing. 

We know you don't like him and you will find a way to spin what he does into negativity, but my first thought was that Sheldon needed Amy in that moment and didn't care what it took to get to her. Those emotions might make one realize that there is no reason to wait. He had the ring on him already (since he never packed a bag) and he was willing to spontaneously fly, without any of his belongings, to the other side of the country. That might be how he knew it was time.

But lets say he was guilty. Since he didn't lead her on or keep Amy a secret or kiss her back, all he has to be guilty of is his inability to read the signs and Amy just recently told him that everybody has weaknesses and that she loves him just the way he is. She knows this about him which is why she yelled at the girls for letting Ramona get close while she was gone. He's easily taken advantage of in situations like this and that's exactly what happened.

He is not my favorite character. my observations are based on what I have read. There is many more who spins things in a positive way and make excuses for him. Sheldon has always been well planned and calculated in what he does. I never saw or read anything coming into this episode that would lead me to believe he was going to propose. His going straight from his office and ending up in Princeton is very OOC.

is he guilty? I don't really know. But to me being clueless on some things and not on other things make it suspicious to me. All I read is that Ramona kissed him and then all of a sudden he went to propose. My conclusion is he felt guilty. Another factor is he went swimming with Ramona which is strange since he doesn't like water. It's not totally strange to do that but it's another thing that appears OOC to me.

when Leonard kissed Mandy I never made excuses for him. Him withholding information from Penny was wrong.

in regards of Amy being upset at the girls in regards to Ramona TBH that not their responsibility. As to Leonard saying something similar to the girl about Penny and wine I would say the same thing but TBH I don't remember when that happened.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard Hofstadter: Well, uh, remember when you tried to learn how to swim using the internet?

Sheldon Cooper: I *did* learn how to swim.

Leonard Hofstadter: On the floor.

Sheldon Cooper: The skills are transferable. I just have no interest in going in the water.

Leonard Hofstadter: Then why learn how to swim?

Sheldon Cooper: The ice caps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming isn't going to be optional.

 

Since when does Sheldon swim?

Thanks for the report. Really appreciate the hard work.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

The thing I don't understand is why they keep KC and JG on at all now it's degenerated into The Shamy Show.

Because Kaley and Johnny aren't always needed to play lovey dovey Lenny and instead they can put them into seperate plots with different characters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I agree. The final scene should involve Leonard and Sheldon

I would find it that insulting but unfortunately rather predictable.

The final scene should involve Sheldon, Leonard AND Penny. They were the original three. The penultimate scene should have Raj, Howard and the rest.

4 hours ago, snapepans said:

Me too. 

I think people can really see the difference between this kiss and Leonard's boat kiss.

And I hate to say this, but I think this is the writers' intention.

My problem is, knowing these writers, Sheldon will tell Amy pretty quickly about the kiss and the it will be thrown up in Penny & Leonard's face that he waited two years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Leonard Hofstadter: Well, uh, remember when you tried to learn how to swim using the internet?

Sheldon Cooper: I *did* learn how to swim.

Leonard Hofstadter: On the floor.

Sheldon Cooper: The skills are transferable. I just have no interest in going in the water.

Leonard Hofstadter: Then why learn how to swim?

Sheldon Cooper: The ice caps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming isn't going to be optional.

 

Since when does Sheldon swim?

Thanks for the report. Really appreciate the hard work.

 

To be fair, that was season 2. A lot could've happened by now. He even has his driver license now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Leonard Hofstadter: Well, uh, remember when you tried to learn how to swim using the internet?

Sheldon Cooper: I *did* learn how to swim.

Leonard Hofstadter: On the floor.

Sheldon Cooper: The skills are transferable. I just have no interest in going in the water.

Leonard Hofstadter: Then why learn how to swim?

Sheldon Cooper: The ice caps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming isn't going to be optional.

 

Since when does Sheldon swim?

Thanks for the report. Really appreciate the hard work.

 

Sheldon have been learning many things lately. Although I think  the way the writers chose to show he learned how to swim was a bit far fetched. The show can not live without these overreacted moments, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

To be fair, that was season 2. A lot could've happened by now. He even has his driver license now.

The drivers license was mentioned. Swimming was not.

30 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Sheldon have been learning many things lately. Although I think  the way the writers chose to show he learned how to swim was a bit far fetched. The show can not live without these overreacted moments, lol!

Maybe he just wanted to see Ramona in a swimsuit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Maybe he just wanted to see Ramona in a swimsuit.

Migh be more Ramona wanted to see Sheldon in a swimsuit.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

To be fair, that was season 2. A lot could've happened by now. He even has his driver license now.

Granted. This is not a silly a reach as the whole 'had his driver's license for two years' bit.

Sheldon is still (when convenient to the writers) an OCD germophobe. The likelihood that he would get into a swimming pool seems a bit of a reach. 

Just curious: What is the deal with the BBT writers and swimming. First we hear about Zack having a swimmer's body and, now, Ramona is an ex-Olympic swimmer. I haven't seen the actress that plays Ramona since her TBBT appearance, but she most certainly did not appear to have a swimmer's physique.

What's next? Sheldon volunteers to drive a party bus to an overnight camping excursion in an aviary? After all, he's changing in so many ways...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

It's impossible to know. Leonard said he felt guilty. Sheldon? We have no way of knowing. 

We know you don't like him and you will find a way to spin what he does into negativity, but my first thought was that Sheldon needed Amy in that moment and didn't care what it took to get to her. Those emotions might make one realize that there is no reason to wait. He had the ring on him already (since he never packed a bag) and he was willing to spontaneously fly, without any of his belongings, to the other side of the country. That might be how he knew it was time.

But lets say he was guilty. Since he didn't lead her on or keep Amy a secret or kiss her back, all he has to be guilty of is his inability to read the signs and Amy just recently told him that everybody has weaknesses and that she loves him just the way he is. She knows this about him which is why she yelled at the girls for letting Ramona get close while she was gone. He's easily taken advantage of in situations like this and that's exactly what happened.

Yeah.. We have to keep in mind that Sheldon was with the ring! What is he thinking? What is the idea? I think the decision is not out of the blue.. But we only will know in season 11. I want Amy says Yes and after they show Sheldon's process of thought. IMO ShAmy are ready for this step (to be engaged).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Migh be more Ramona wanted to see Sheldon in a swimsuit.

The only thing I know is they had a swim date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The only thing I know is they had a swim date.

I think you have to pick up another to follow this conversation.

Have a nice day!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2017 at 7:37 AM, SRAM said:

I can't help it, I'm so happy with this episode, because after having to read for two years how Leonard cheated with Mandy, now Sheldon has cheated with Ramona and I can throw that up to everyone that brings up Leonard again.  Sheldon was even worse because he actually went on a date with Ramona, and like I was told over the last two years, intent does not mean a thing, it is still cheating.  I'm sorry for you Shamy's I know how it feels to have your favorite character labeled as a cheater, after listening about Leonard being labeled that he did that to Penny, I truly feel your pain.

 but since when are a play date and a romantic date the same thing?

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed towards another member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

 

Maybe he just wanted to see Ramona in a swimsuit.

That would be totally OOC for S. If he was interested in that sort of thing he wouldn't be with Amy, would he?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.