The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

39 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From EW: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/12/big-bang-theory-premiere-wedding-family-photo?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The Big Bang Theory: First look at Penny's family!

The Big Bang Theory’s return will be a family affair

unknown-1.jpg

From TVLine: http://tvline.com/2016/09/12/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-photo-pennys-family-katey-sagal/

Big Bang Theory Wedding Portrait: Katey Sagal and Jack McBrayer Crash Penny's Big Day — First Look

tbbt.jpg

Over the moon for this vonmar.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 5

That IG promo looks more like the typical garden variety, safe,  generic sitcom /rom-com with a bit of family drama , weddings and proposal bluffs. Feels very interchangeable with any other show . So blah.  Nothing out of ordinary. Well, except for S hugging Lenny part(  that would only happen in tbbt ) . I think ep 2 and 3 will be funnier.

Also looks like the main goal of the promo was to draw attention of the viewers (falsely) to the idea that S might propose to A -such a tease for those expecting a shamy proposal but dont have spoilers yet LOL ! 

I do appreciate your opinion because i like to read different thoughts about the show. I do disagree with you though. I think it has been good to have a lenny storyline with sheldon somewhat in the back ground it reminds me of earlier seasons when the show was funny imo

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I do appreciate your opinion because i like to read different thoughts about the show. I do disagree with you though. I think it has been good to have a lenny storyline with sheldon somewhat in the back ground it reminds me of earlier seasons when the show was funny imo

I agree that it is much better than s9 premiere. I don't think it would be like early seasons for me, because, my personal funniest moments from ANY season of the show are about some combination of geeky stuff or  science or outlandish behavior - often involving all characters - as individuals , not necessary couples.

I am counting on Penny's family  to be funny. Because jokes about whether 2 old people hooked up and Leonard's stereotypical parents and predictable weddings are not exactly my idea of funny.This episode looks too sweet and saccharine. Perhaps a warning for diabetes would have been better. 

The living arrangements still don't happen and In 10.3, we are back to Penny being hot and nothing more.  Since I have become more or less,  a NON-shipper, from my POV, my feeling about this episode is -

sheldon-nope.gif

I am willing to be pleasantly surprised though.

Edited by serena_nyc1995

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Ahhhhhhh, pre-shoots.  Is that Leonard in their bedroom in the background? 

Too tall!!

I agree that it is much better than s9 premiere. But funny or not, who can say without watching the episode ?   I don't think it would be like early seasons for me, because, my personal funniest moments from ANY season of the show are about some combination of geeky stuff or  science or outlandish behavior - often involving all characters - as individuals , not necessary couples.

I am counting on Penny's family  to be funny. Because jokes about whether 2 old people hooked up and Leonard's stereotypical parents and predictable weddings are not exactly my idea of funny.This episode looks too sweet and saccharine. Perhaps a warning for diabetes would have been better. 

The living arrangements still don't happen and In 10.3, we are back to Penny being hot and nothing more.  Since I have become more or less,  a NON-shipper, from my POV, my feeling about this episode is -

sheldon-nope.gif

I am willing to be pleasantly surprised though.

I guess you and i will never agree on the show but i think it's just different strokes for different folks

^ Well, yes, let us just agree to disagree.

On the bright side, Penny's  and her mom look is AMAZING .  They all look great but I think Katy and Kaley's dresses are the most gorgeous, out of all the actresses in that pic. 

Hey we do agree on something

• Like 1

And yes, it is a sitcom, so I do hope that every episode is funny, first and foremost. As a non-shipper , that is all i want from the show now. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at a members post.
  • Like 2

These pics are wonderful! Looks like the writers really got this one right! Cannot wait.

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Just because this is a sitcom, it doesn't mean every moment of the show should be funny.

That is true. Actually, there are sitcoms that are much more dramatic than TBBT. When I think of Ross and Rachel's break up on Friends, which was so heartbreaking to film that even the actors started crying for real, or Monica and Chandler's inability to have a baby, then TBBT is pretty tame in comparison and they keep things fairly light.

• Like 3

Well there's a difference between "Every moment should be funny" and "Every episode should be funny". For example,  the moment Sheldon hugged Penny because she gave him the napkin was not funny IMO. But it was touching. By the standard of "This is an sitcom so every moment of every episode should be funny", then I suppose The Bath Item is not qualified as a good episode. However, it won the second place in the the tournament this year, only slightly beaten by the Opening Night~

I think the premiere episode will be a funny episode overall. And I'm glad the wedding ceremony part is very touching and sweet according to the TR. The episode may not be "that" funny but IMO it'll sure be funnier than some episodes, like the premiere episode of the last season or 921 lol. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 4

I wonder if episode 10.04 will deal with Raj and his women. Emily's first appearance in the seasons always winds up being the fourth. lol

• Like 1

TBBT has evolved beyond the slapstick, cute comedy about eggheads and their hottie neighbor.  I don't think the show needs to be funny all the time. A Sitcom can have more range then just funny. Were some expecting Chewbaca to do the ceremony? Hahahh. Their is alot of touching moments in the show. Alot of my fav moments in the show. And other shows, have been those touching moments. HIMYM Ted's surprise for Robin, to cheer her up. Ross and Rachel break up. In this show The Napkin Scene. Lenny's ILY, Penny's Stare at Leonard in The Justice League. S2 finalie Penny's "IT means I don't want you to go". And i am sure the wedding well rank up their too. Point is ITs not Stand up, its a situational comedy. 

Edited by 3ku11

38 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

I wonder if episode 10.04 will deal with Raj and his women. Emily's first appearance in the seasons always winds up being the fourth. lol

She was just recently posting from the set of Bones but nothing from TBBT in a long while so I'm not holding my breath for her being in it.

Would having some of the new promotional photos from 10x01, in your avatar. Be considered a spoiler? SO have to wait till when the episode airs? 

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Would having some of the new promotional photos from 10x01, in your avatar. Be considered a spoiler? SO have to wait till when the episode airs? 

Yes, it would be a spoiler.  Please check the rules,