Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but why exactly did they lose the gyroscope project?

They completed the first phase of the project and the Military took upon themselves (I guess because it involves classified information) to deal with the second phase. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

They completed the first phase of the project and the Military took upon themselves (I guess because it involves classified information) to deal with the second phase. 

Thanks. Doesn't sound that bad? At first I thought they did all that work for nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Someone more astute than I pointed out that Amy had NO clue that Bert was trying to hit on her, until Howard and Raj explained it to her, back in the day.

That's a good point. Was she cheating on Sheldon when she accepted all of the rocks he used to bring her? No, because she was oblivious to his intentions. In the case of relationships, intent really is a major factor in whether someone is in the right or wrong. I never thought Leonard was in the wrong in any of his interactions with Alex because he didn't know she liked him. I didn't think Penny was in the wrong when she invited her classmate to work on a project in 4B. Or even when she made plans for her ex in a band to come stay with her for a few days. Now, all of those situations call for reasonable jealousy from their SO's, but were they in the wrong? No. Did they cheat? No.

Edited by shamyyellow
4A isn't 4B.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

I never thought Leonard was in the wrong in any of his interactions with Alex because he didn't know she liked him.

Indeed, he did know. But he wasn't in the wrong anyway because even if he was a little proud (everyone has ego) he didn't do anything to encourage her 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anita said:

Indeed, he did know. But he wasn't in the wrong anyway because even if he was a little proud (everyone has ego) he didn't do anything to encourage her 

That's right.  He was ebullient about it when he ran into Penny in the stairwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

They completed the first phase of the project and the Military took upon themselves (I guess because it involves classified information) to deal with the second phase. 

I was originally worried they might have lost it because of perhaps Sheldon's actions at the country bar, but I am glad they had it took off them instead. Imagine all the tension and drama it would have caused had they lost it that way? Glad the writers resisted the temptation there.

I won't be mourning its loss, the science talk that they had maybe i'll miss but i found the project itself and its theme far from captivating.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anita said:

Indeed, he did know. But he wasn't in the wrong anyway because even if he was a little proud (everyone has ego) he didn't do anything to encourage her 

 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That's right.  He was ebullient about it when he ran into Penny in the stairwell.

I think @shamyyellow was refering to his actions before Alex asked him out (e.g., "The 43 Peculiarity"). He didn't know then. He also didn't do anything besides talking to her but that wasn't the point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, April said:

So wait then, just to get the "rules" straight here: Person A is in a relationship with Person B. Person A is allowed to socialise alone with Person C if Person C is ... _________________________ (please fill in the blank)

I would think "colleague" is a valid category here as well as "friend" in general. That's what friends are for, you hang out with them. And these days you're also encouraged to hang out with your colleagues every once in a while. Especially universities can have a pretty casual atmosphere about that. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

On top of that Sheldon isn't keeping his friendship with Ramona a secret from Amy nor is he doing anything that is particularly scandalous with her.

So what exactly is the problem?

The existence  of the Billy Graham rule? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_rule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think @shamyyellow was refering to his actions before Alex asked him out (e.g., "The 43 Peculiarity"). He didn't know then. He also didn't do anything besides talking to her but that wasn't the point.

Yep. Thank you for clarifying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigbang.daily said:

Why sheldon in 3a I thought it was 4a due to fact that 3rd floor has a bike where as in th promo pics there's no bike 

The bike's owner must have been out riding on it, hence the confusion when they came back from the uni.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The bike's owner must have been out riding on it, hence the confusion when they came back from the uni.

Or the bike's owner was the former tenant of that apartment which just moved out...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogravitasatall said:

The existence  of the Billy Graham rule? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_rule

The 'rule' dates back to what the ideal was at a time when people in certain professions needed to protect themselves 100% from gossip and suspicion.  It was important not to  be alone for social purposes, such as a meal, with an unrelated married person of the opposite sex. That way nobody could accuse you of anything, let alone name you in a divorce petition. Some people still think it's good advice. When the 'rule' was named, couples like Shamy didn't exist. I still don't know any, perhaps I'm too old, although I know of two. The taxation and  welfare system  here in UK regards them as LTAHAW for financial purposes only. There's no legally recognised relationship like theirs on either side of the pond SFAIK.  Sheldon is neither engaged nor married and refers to himself as 'having a girlfriend' which communicates nothing as to the position. Here the euphemism is 'partner'. Technically, Sheldon's available. He's a bachelor. Where he gets the idea that his 'relationship' is protected somehow, goodness knows. His only real life model is Lenny and they were in and out of their relationship like a fiddler's elbow for years.  Ramona thinks Sheldon's fair game and strictly speaking he is. It's up to him to tell her he isn't, which he does when the penny eventually drops that she might want more than a work-related friendship.

In his own mind and heart,nevertheless,Sheldon considers himself committed and Amy has referred to her 'life choices' when talking about him in his presence. His friends and his family know he's got a ring and so does Amy. At work they are the top couple according to Bert. There they are seen so much of a firm couple as to  have their sex life gossipped about. In some jurisdictions such public acknowledgement would be regarded as a marriage but Shamy know it isn't, at least not in Texas :)

I feel a bit sad for Sheldon in that he thought he had a friend in an old pupil made good who came back to join him for a while. Anybody to whom that's happened usually likes it. Now he's found Ramona's real feelings to be a betrayal in his eyes, and having  rejected Ramona again he's lost something, and not just a useful connection at CERN. I hope he wakes up tomorrow next to Amy with the ring on her finger and stays in Princeton until Ramona's got back on her broom and flown home.

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

 

Edited by joyceraye
Removing merged post which was on a different topic.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Welcome change to see Leonard be right in the end?

HE is always right, as all men are. Until their woman tells them they are wrong. And you just accept your always wrong from now on :icon_cheesygrin:

29 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The 'rule' dates back to what the ideal was at a time when people in certain professions needed to protect themselves 100% from gossip and suspicion.  It was important not to  be alone for social purposes, such as a meal, with an unrelated married person of the opposite sex. That way nobody could accuse you of anything, let alone name you in a divorce petition. Some people still think it's good advice. When the 'rule' was named, couples like Shamy didn't exist. I still don't know any, perhaps I'm too old, although I know of two. The taxation and  welfare system  here in UK regards them as LTAHAW for financial purposes only. There's no legally recognised relationship like theirs on either side of the pond SFAIK.  Sheldon is neither engaged nor married and refers to himself as 'having a girlfriend' which communicates nothing as to the position. Here the euphemism is 'partner'. Technically, Sheldon's available. He's a bachelor. Where he gets the idea that his 'relationship' is protected somehow, goodness knows. His only real life model is Lenny and they were in and out of their relationship like a fiddler's elbow for years.  Ramona thinks Sheldon's fair game and strictly speaking he is. It's up to him to tell her he isn't, which he does when the penny eventually drops that she might want more than a work-related friendship.

In his own mind and heart,nevertheless,Sheldon considers himself committed and Amy has referred to her 'life choices' when talking about him in his presence. His friends and his family know he's got a ring and so does Amy. At work they are the top couple according to Bert. There they are seen so much of a firm couple as to  have their sex life gossipped about. In some jurisdictions such public acknowledgement would be regarded as a marriage but Shamy know it isn't, at least not in Texas :)

I feel a bit sad for Sheldon in that he thought he had a friend in an old pupil made good who came back to join him for a while. Anybody to whom that's happened usually likes it. Now he's found Ramona's real feelings to be a betrayal in his eyes, and having  rejected Ramona again he's lost something, and not just a useful connection at CERN. I hope he wakes up tomorrow next to Amy with the ring on her finger and stays in Princeton until Ramona's got back on her broom and flown home.

I don't think Sheldon is all that innocent in this whole thing. Ramona is not attacking Sheldon. Sheldon is not the same clueless guy he was years ago. I bet he is at least self aware, of people's behaviour around him. I mean she was obsessed with him years ago. I don't think it is that surprising, she was enamoured. I find it kinda changing cannon, that all of a sudden Ramona cannot resist Sheldon and throws herself at him. Seeing in S2, that diddn't seem to be the vibe at all. That changes in 8 years? Unlikely. I don't feel too sorry for Sheldon, he put himself in that position. Same way Leonard did too. They are both clueless tbh lol. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why they keep skirting the issue that Penny and Zack were married by calling him her ex-boyfriend rather than ex-husband.  Is this because of the annulment?  So, technically they were never married?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jenafan said:

Considering the game they played together at the aquarium where Amy suggested Spongebob as one of Sheldon's choices to eat, fight, or befriend I think it is obvious he still had Any in mind while watching it.  Cute!

I didn't think of that. Well done. It ties in then to him missing Amy the whole ep.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally read the last days postings and I want to wade in.  I've been to several swimming pools that have strictly "Adult Only'" and "Under 14 Only " hours during the day.  Also, it sounds like Sheldon just stood in the pool and was finally coaxed into putting his face in the water.  As I recall the original Ramona episode, she was romantically attracted to Sheldon and thought Penny was too--but she felt it was better for Science to concentrate on his scientific work.  She had him doing alot of things he'd always been against while she held sway there, and Sheldon told Penny that they had somehow entered into a relationship.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenafan said:

I don't understand why they keep skirting the issue that Penny and Zack were married by calling him her ex-boyfriend rather than ex-husband.  Is this because of the annulment?  So, technically they were never married?

Only explanation I can think of too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenafan said:

I don't understand why they keep skirting the issue that Penny and Zack were married by calling him her ex-boyfriend rather than ex-husband.  Is this because of the annulment?  So, technically they were never married?

Because there are limits to how much they think they can beat up on Leonard and Penny? Hard to believe, I know, as generally they have no restraint. 

The thing is they make jokes. Some good, some bad. The first husband  thing was funny but didn't reflect well on Penny.  The Mandy thing didn't reflect well on Leonard at all and wasn't that funny, but they ran it for a couple of episodes. I think to bring up the joke about Penny would distract from the current jokes they plan to tell.

But don't worry, they have more seasons. Plenty of time to circle back and punch Leonard and Penny again on that particular issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Leonard probably didn't tell Penny right away because he was afraid (whether justifiably or not) that Penny would leave him. He's had this happen before, where he is open about something like this and he's gotten burned. Even the conversation in the car on the way to Vegas gives away something. He was sure Penny had some "secrets" she never told Leonard. At the time (of the boat trip), he may have been afraid if he admitted to the "kiss", Penny would counter with something worse, JUST LIKE Priya did when he told her he kissed the comic book artist and Priya responds that she's been banging her old boyfriend.

I personally think that the writers pulled this one (the Many kiss) right out of their asses 2 years after the fact, but I can also see what you're saying, and even if you haven't convinced me on the contrary you do indeed make a good point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.