The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

15 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Nothing has happen with Penny's career for two seasons so I really don't think anything will happen in season 11 either. Penny's career is a good story to have when the writers is out of ideas for a plot. 

A annually beloved procedure comes to mind:
The Anything Can Happen Next Season Thread.

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Drop the storyline? You mean like the Slut Penny jokes that never seem to end?  Or the "Everybody is better looking than Leonard" jokes that never seem to end.  Or, how about those always funny comments about Lenny eventually splitting up.  Face it, TPTB don't give a fuck about Leonard and Penny anymore, except when they need a cheap snarky joke. All they care about is how Sheldon and Amy are doing.  You do have something about the third time though. This is the third season in a row they've fucked over Lenny, and I'm losing interest in the couple.  

o_00330.gif.332ec1f1e63701c5181ebbd3d318578f.gif

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Drop the storyline? You mean like the Slut Penny jokes that never seem to end?  Or the "Everybody is better looking than Leonard" jokes that never seem to end.  Or, how about those always funny comments about Lenny eventually splitting up.  Face it, TPTB don't give a fuck about Leonard and Penny anymore, except when they need a cheap snarky joke. All they care about is how Sheldon and Amy are doing.  You do have something about the third time though. This is the third season in a row they've fucked over Lenny, and I'm losing interest in the couple.  

Preach. Testify. 

Edited by 5Mississippis
  • Like 4

o_00330.gif.332ec1f1e63701c5181ebbd3d318578f.gif

No just frustrated to the point of not caring any more with no hope of anything good happening

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I gave my opinion as a fan of the show on a 'particular storyline' I wanted to talk about. If you want to expand it to other storylines, decisions or anything else then that's your prerogative. I have zero interest in getting into a debate on anything outside of the storyline I have mentioned with you or anyone, been there done that, quite frankly tired of it.

I'm out.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I gave my opinion as a fan of the show on a 'particular storyline' I wanted to talk about. If you want to expand it to other storylines, decisions or anything else then that's your prerogative. I have zero interest in getting in a debate on anything outside of the storyline I have mentioned with you or anyone, been there done that, quite frankly tired of it.

I'm out.

And I simply gave examples of how they have run other storylines into the ground, indicating the chances of them just dropping the storyline are remote, at best.  And not wanting to get into a debate is understandable  But can I ask why you bothered to answer, if you didn't want to engage?  

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Wow!  Nail, meet head!   "  Penny and Leonard have their fun moments, and I still like a lot of their dynamic, but the problem is that their storylines are almost too simple, unlike the kinds of things we see happening with Sheldon and Amy".......  I hope Molaro and Lorre read this.....

"From your mouth to God's ears"

• Like 4

I think some forget the difference between a shipping thread and a discussion thread?

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think some forget the difference between a shipping thread and a discussion thread?

Yeah.  My brain is too full of worthless information to grasp the concept of "discussion v. ship" (I really don't know!!!).  Ask me about the Marx Brothers, the plays of George S. Kaufman, the structure of David Copperfield (and the wonderful Agnes Wickfield), but forum rules?  I got nothing....Sorry if I have posted incorrectly.  Anyone can feel free to move or delete or otherwise deal with me.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yeah.  My brain is too full of worthless information to grasp the concept of "discussion v. ship" (I really don't know!!!).  Ask me about the Marx Brothers, the plays of George S. Kaufman, the structure of David Copperfield (and the wonderful Agnes Wickfield), but forum rules?  I got nothing....Sorry if I have posted incorrectly.  Anyone can feel free to move or delete or otherwise deal with me.....

You're fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

You would think an Emmy nominated actress would be equal to the other five?

Agree...IMO both deserve more....they will receive half of others cast members.... no fair

3 minutes ago, xjax said:

Agree...IMO both deserve more....they will receive half of others cast members.... no fair

So you're saying they deserve more than Kunal or Simon, at the same service point?  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anita said:

Indeed, he did know.

He definitely knew.

From The Egg Salad Equivalency:-

Leonard: She knows I have a girlfriend. It’s so weird.

Raj: Oh, my God. You’re loving this.

Leonard: To my bones. I mean, I’m not gonna do anything about it. I love Penny. It’s just nice to have a young, attractive woman sniffing around the goods.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Okay.  I've read the posts.  Watched the episode once.  My reaction:  That's it?  This has been billed (mainly by us and mostly Lenny shippers) as the big season ending episode for Leonard and Penny.  Don't get me wrong.  The episode was fine.  They had a problem and didn't really argue as hard as they did earlier in the season AND we got to see them talk things through.  All fine (btw, @bfm gave a very nice opinion in the Lenny thread).  But.  Again.  That's it?  This was an episode that belongs in the middle of the season.  There were three stories going on at once (as is typical).  Each it seems got equal amount of time.  Again, fine.  BUT.  Leonard and Penny are being sent off into the sunset of Season 10 so incomplete.  So ignored. So lacking in any coherent story.  It is extremely disappointing.  Although, I guess we shouldn't be surprised. 

The thing that was hit home here was something that we already knew.  Penny really, really, really hates her job.  She saw "low hanging fruit" in the form of a job offer from Zack and went for it.  Because: she really, really, really hates her job.  You can't blame the girl for wanting to get out without much consideration of what an offer from a former lover (even though he had been "pre-ruined" for her by the love of her life "damn you, you rat bastard...Zack was a perfectly nice guy and then you ruined him...") would mean to her husband.  She even went to Bernadette who pretty much agreed with Leonard.  (btw, I loved Leonard's death-ray glare at Howard when he insinuated the number of guys Penny had been with.   Alas, if only that would escalate. Raj was his usual idiot self...).  The talk between them was again, fine.  However the cheap-laugh element used to conclude their talk was awful.  The cheesy "thumbs-up".  Just....oh well......

We now get two episodes to celebrate the wonder that is Sheldon and Amy.  Raj will move out and next season we will get to see him spend some quality bachelor time with TBBT's new favorite ever-increasing recurring character, Bert.  Sheldon and Amy will start planning their gala wedding.  Bernadette and Howard will look lovingly at something that may or may not be their daughter Halley.    Will Penny find happiness in a new job?  Will Leonard develop a backbone?  Will they depart the kitchen island?  For NO answer to these and many more Leonard & Penny questions, tune in to Seasons 11 & 12 of The Big Bang Theory. 

Again.  That's it?

Well said! Yes, we finally got to see them communicating and resolving an issue. We also got a reminder that these two really care about each other. But is this suppose to somehow be their great season 10 finale? Is this suppose to make us feel fulfilled, like the fighting arc is resolved? Well, if TPTB's answer os yes I need to go order a 20 feet "F" statue for them because even the toughest teacher cannot write one that describes how much they failed with Lenny this year. This fighting remains unjustified and unresolved. Why after so many years of being together they suddenly keep fighting again and again? There has to be an explanation. "Just because"? I cannot except this. What kind of writers are you? 

And yes Penny really really really hates her job. But will they do something about it? They said they might before this season and nothing. They didn't even have her say she will start looking for another job. Why would they? It is easier to sweep it under the rug again. Apparently for TPTB if it isn't Sheldon or Shamy it is just not worth thinking about. How I wish they would finally get how much they lost their balance and how they have neglected their main characters, Leonard and Penny, and also Raj. But I really don't have any hopes anymore. I enjoy what I'm given when I'm given something decent once in many episodes and use fanfics, my imagination and my dear fellow Lennys to compensate for when I'm given none or terrible things.

(And thank you hokie :))

Edited by bfm
Gratitude :)
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So you're saying they deserve more than Kunal or Simon, at the same service point?  

I agree here. Often being an Emmys winner or once being nominated for one means nothing in contracts.  Valerie Harper won an Emmy while on MTM but got paid less then MTM (Obviously) and Ed.  On Golden Girls Estelle got paid less even so she won an Emmy.  Estelle and Valerie both Supporting Actresses. 

Mayim and Melissa are both Supporting actresses and been on the show for only 7 and 6 seasons respectively and both started out as a guest star than Recurring  Guest before becoming a Full-Time Permanent Cast Member. It  Also has to f do qith Face value. 

It actually quite fair and the others took a pay cut so the two later arrivals could get a raise. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I agree it's fair from that point for view, just unfortunate timing for Melissa and Mayim to have joined the show later. Makes me wish they'd been part of the cast from the beginning.

Anyway,  do you remember the reported numbers for Kunal and Simon? (I always forget  whoops). There's a lot of guesswork around those numbers so there're probably not super accurate but I would expect them to be in roughly the same range. There's also mention of independent "development components" for M&M in some articles. Idk how much that would translate financially.

So, while I like Lenny and would absolutely hate a show without them as a couple and as individual characters, I'll admit that I'm not a shipper in the sense that I pay super close attention to everything they say and do.  I also don't always notice when shippers will be upset by a storyline. I'm just not that invested.

However, I found myself trying to sympathize with what Lennies are upset about while watching current and past episodes. I obviously notice that they fight all the time and married life hasn't exactly agreed with them, but watching S4 last night, I couldn't help but feel like not much has changed. I feel like Penny always took Leonard for granted (since the very first episode) and their relationship has never been stable and they've always fought more than they've been happy. Is that why you guys are so upset or is there a magical time in Lenny's past that stands out and you wish the writers would honor/revert back to? 

I'm not saying that I'm right to feel like this is par for the course with them because like I said, I don't remember things as vividly about them as I do Shamy and I never took the time to dissect them as I do Shamy. I'm honestly very curious (absolutely no sarcasm or sass) to hear from the people who ship and care the most (and maybe even from people who don't) where their disappoints lays. Is it that they haven't grown up and matured? Was there a point in time that felt like the golden years where they didn't fight and were much happier?

I've felt for the past year that Leonard and Penny were always the on again, off again couple and married life wasn't well suited for the TBBT couple that has broken up the most, took 6 years to say "I love you", had multiple proposals before the answer was yes, had to get married twice, etc. I always felt (as an average viewer of Lenny) as though their place on the show was to be rocky, different, and difficult but undeniably in love with each other. This is why I felt like marriage ruined it. 

I know this probably isn't how shippers feel, so I would love to hear when you guys thought their relationship worked best and whether you disagree that they were always rocky. I know I'll probably hear a lot of Sheldon bashing as I know a lot of Lennies think it's just the Sheldon show these days, but I'd love to focus on Lenny and what went wrong and when it was right. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, April said:

I agree it's fair from that point for view, just unfortunate timing for Melissa and Mayim to have joined the show later. Makes me wish they'd been part of the cast from the beginning.

Anyway,  do you remember the reported numbers for Kunal and Simon? (I always forget  whoops). There's a lot of guesswork around those numbers so there're probably not super accurate but I would expect them to be in roughly the same range. There's also mention of independent "development components" for M&M in some articles. Idk how much that would translate financially.

I read Kunal and Simon got a Million or close but not sure. 

They almost got thrown off the show during the last Contracts Negotiations in 2014.  Glad it went more smoothly this time around 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan