[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I'm not saying that anything in the way of an "intimate" activity is happening or could happen while swimming.  More like "intimate; adjective; an intimate friend.   2.  characterized by or involving warm friendship or a personally close or familiar association or feeling:   an intimate greeting."

And I am in the minority here, so I will let it go......

you are not. How many adults go to a public pool for swimming lessons? And how many people go swimming with someone after not seeing them for 8 years?

Edited by Chrismo

9 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I'm not saying that anything in the way of an "intimate" activity is happening or could happen while swimming.  More like "intimate; adjective; an intimate friend.   2.  characterized by or involving warm friendship or a personally close or familiar association or feeling:   an intimate greeting."

And I am in the minority here, so I will let it go......

Thanks for clear it for me. And just for a person be in a minority about something , it doesnt mean they were wrong. Every opinion is valuable I guess.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I am baffled with the notion of cheating I have read around. Because I think the real cheating has nothing to do with the exemples I mentioned, and has nothing to do with Sheldon about Ramona from what I read from the tr.

Btw, I dont think Leonard cheated too. The only thing he failed imo was the time he took for telling to Penny. But the fault was not his but the writers.

Kissing someone who is not your girlfriend is cheating. Unless Lenny were in an open relationship, IMO Leonard absolutely cheated.

Penny flatly asked Leonard, "Did you feel guilty after kissing her ?" She used the phrase "after kissing her" , so Penny believes Leonard was an active participant in the said "kissing". Leonard did not deny or correct her. He agreed with her. 

Penny did not ask him- "Did you feel guilty she kissed you ?" That is different. I don't know what is so complicated about this. From what I saw, both Penny and Leonard seemed aware he kissed Mandy and Mandy kissed him. Penny considered it cheating in 9.02 (she said she never expected Leonard to do this , unlike other guys who weren't above cheating) and she forgave him ultimately.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

you are not. How many adults go to a public pool for swimming lessons? And how many people go swimming with someone after not seeing them for 8 years?

Actually, at some YMCA's they have lessons all the time for all ages.  I learned how to swim at a public pool but I was a little kid at the time but there was also an adult class that my mom finally talked her cousin into going.

I only know you through this forum but if I had the chance to see you in person and you asked me to go swimming (at a public pool)?  Hell yes I would!!  I wouldn't think anything of it and (because my husband knows how I am) he wouldn't either.  I'd go swimming with just about anybody!  Granted I know we're talking about Sheldon but again, just an episode or two ago, he stated he wanted to learn different stuff (it's very plausible that swimming would be one of them).

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Kissing someone who is not your girlfriend is cheating. Unless Lenny were in an open relationship, IMO Leonard absolutely cheated.

Penny flatly asked Leonard, "Did you feel guilty after kissing her ?" She used the phrase "after kissing her" , so Penny believes Leonard was an active participant in the said "kissing". Leonard did not deny or correct her. He agreed with her. 

Penny did not ask him- "Did you feel guilty she kissed you ?" That is different. I don't know what is so complicated about this. From what I saw, both Penny and Leonard seemed aware he kissed Mandy and Mandy kissed him. Penny considered it cheating in 9.02 (she said she never expected Leonard to do this , unlike other guys who weren't above cheating) and she forgave him ultimately.

What is complicated about it?

Nothing.

I understood all thing in my way as you did in your way. That's all.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Simple and plain.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, wowbagger said:

I mean, if I wanted, I COULD say that Leonard represents a particularly insidious sort of pseudo-liberal patriarchy in which men are entitled to the trophies of the beautiful women of their choice, for little more than the bare minimum of civilised adult behaviour, and never countenance even the possibility that they should take responsibility for any of their actions. Where they can have sex with a drunk woman, bandy about the thought of infidelity and/or actually tongue-kiss infidelity, fail to disclose information relevant to their spouse for two years, and still evade responsibility - can still, in fact, be implicitly touted as deserving of validation. Where they can cling to the narrative of victimhood because of which they are owed a pass, forever and ever amen.

agree with this,  Leonard is sober and he has sex with a very drunk Penny was questionable. Hits too close to home for me. IMO, Leonard should have refused her and not gone further with her.

53 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Would Amy have a right to be upset with this?  By all means, but we shouldn't try to make it into something it is not. 

i can see why Amy would be bothered but it would be more towards Ramona and the gang.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Actually, at some YMCA's they have lessons all the time for all ages.  I learned how to swim at a public pool but I was a little kid at the time but there was also an adult class that my mom finally talked her cousin into going.

I only know you through this forum but if I had the chance to see you in person and you asked me to go swimming (at a public pool)?  Hell yes I would!!  I wouldn't think anything of it and (because my husband knows how I am) he wouldn't either.  I'd go swimming with just about anybody!  Granted I know we're talking about Sheldon but again, just an episode or two ago, he stated he wanted to learn different stuff (it's very plausible that swimming would be one of them).

I get the swimming. I had a daughter who had park district swimming lessons and do get the adult. I don't think my wife would be quite as understanding. I just think though as innocent as Sheldon may be and learning different things I just don't buy the story.

4 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

agree with this,  Leonard is sober and he has sex with a very drunk Penny was questionable. IMO, Leonard should have refused her and not gone further with her.

i can see why Amy would be bothered but it would be more towards Ramona and the gang.

I'm not sure why the gang. Isn't Sheldon an adult?

Edited by Chrismo

8 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

agree with this,  Leonard is sober and he has sex with a very drunk Penny was questionable. IMO, Leonard should have refused her and not gone further with her.

Wasn't Leonard drunk, too?  Remind me, please?

I'm sorry because the majority of my focus has been on Shamy, some of the Lenny moments are fuzzy for me.  That is why I appreciate when others correct me if I've misconstrued an event that happened.

Edited by jenafan
Never mind, question answered while I was posting this.

15 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I can see why Amy would be bothered but it would be more towards Ramona and the gang.

Yes.  I can see her taking Sheldon's side 100%.  She is aware that Sheldon can be clueless.  She will blame them for not doing more to keep Sheldon and Ramona separated. 

Still, Sheldon should have some accountability for ignoring what the gang was trying to do to protect him. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

agree with this,  Leonard is sober and he has sex with a very drunk Penny was questionable. Hits too close to home for me. IMO, Leonard should have refused her and not gone further with her.

Not that it justifies his behavior but makes him less of the borderline sex criminal some make him to be: His following actions implied that he wasn't so sure how "it goes". He thought they were getting back together and when he realized they are not he even thought she took advantage of him. Later he got drunk himself and went to her and Leslie because he thought being drunk allows you to have sex with people you have been involved with before. Remember this was season 3, Leonard was (and to a certain degree still is) quite ignorant as it comes to dating and sexual encounters. Yes, in season 1 he did turn Penny down when she was drunk but then he thought she may not be really into him. Again it doesn't mean what he did was fine, just that it wasn't as abusive as you make it to be. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yes.  I can see her taking Sheldon's side 100%.  She is aware that Sheldon can be clueless.  She will blame them for not doing more to keep Sheldon and Ramona separated. 

Still, Sheldon should have some accountability for ignoring what the gang was trying to do to protect him. 

The gang have no responsability and shouldn't be blamed at all. They tried to be sure what was happening, after that they warned Amy and finally penny tried to explain the situation to him, there is nothing else they can do. If sheldon  choses  ignore the warnings the blame is on him for overlook his friends and his girlfriend concern and on Ramona for hitting on him. 

I never  understood and never liked amy blaming Leonard on 7x24. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, bfm said:

I want to try to spark a season 10 discussion, hope some will be interested in going along :)

When I read about the cliffhanger it got me wondering. Why are they using the proposal as a cliffhanger? It doesn't seem so intriguing to me because I think Amy's answer is predictable. So I would like to hear some different views, if there are any. I would like to hear from someone who thinks she might say no or something else might go wrong. I would like to hear the reasons for suspecting such things may happen. I'm not looking for Sheldon/Shamy bashing but for sincere, thoughtful answers. I know the writers can always ruin things if they want to, they can pull something very weird like Sheldon proposing because he felt something for another woman and that made him scared but why would they? It's their golden boy and their favorite couple. So I guess I'm looking for things that will be reasonable from both a characters/story POV and writers' interests POV. 

I know some consider Sheldon's actions cheating but I think most don't and I find it hard to believe that Amy will. I don't remember other suggestions.

I think Amy will likely say yes, after requesting a clarification. So the 'cliffhanger' likely wouldn't last all that long.

What I might enjoy (which will 100% not happen) is:

A: Well, come in and have a hot beverage.

S (enters).

A: So...proposal? Why now?

S: Ramona tried to kiss me like mommies and daddies do.

A: I am torn between outrage and revulsion at that turn of phrase. That bitch!

S: It's because she saw me in my Spiderman bathing trunks at the pool. No woman could resist.

A: ............................................................Okay, no. No distractions. What the hell, Sheldon?!?

S: And I talked about you all the time, too!

A: Awwwwwwwww. But no, no distractions. What the hell, Ramona?!?

S: I know! So here I am.

A:.............With a ring.

S: Yes.

A:............to put on my finger.

S: I believe the finger is customary.

A: No. I mean, to put on my finger.

S: Well, I mean, it's not really my style. Or size.

A: Sheldon, what I mean is: why does putting a ring on my finger protect you from the depredations of skanks?

S:.....................................Oh.

A: You haven't thought this through.

S: Well, don't I get a ring? Or a pocketwatch?

A: You get a ring. After we get married.

S; Well, I'm working on that! Although if you want to just skip to the wedding bit, I have ideas for a Batman theme...

A: No. Although if you want to do a Chaucer theme...

S: No.

A: Regency?

A: Ugh, you never let me do anything. Frontier Railroad theme?

S: .....keep talking.

Also, gods preserve us from a season of wedding planning. Please, no. I can stomach, like, one bachelor party episode where the guys try to work through the traditional list....and just spend the evening at the comic book store. While the girls try to go hogwild....and also just spend the evening at the comic book store (#YouDon'tKnowThor'sLife #NeverForget)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, veejay said:

A little anecdote comes to mind:

P: Maybe he didn't notice.
A: You're right. I don't have to worry about Sheldon.
P: No, you do not.
A: It's her I have to worry about.
S6 - The Higgs Boson Observation

:shy:

I am your fan of your sense of humour! Honestly :)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I think Amy will likely say yes, after requesting a clarification. So the 'cliffhanger' likely wouldn't last all that long.

What I might enjoy (which will 100% not happen) is:

A: Well, come in and have a hot beverage.

S (enters).

A: So...proposal? Why now?

S: Ramona tried to kiss me like mommies and daddies do.

A: I am torn between outrage and revulsion at that turn of phrase. That bitch!

S: It's because she saw me in my Spiderman bathing trunks at the pool. No woman could resist.

A: ............................................................Okay, no. No distractions. What the hell, Sheldon?!?

S: And I talked about you all the time, too!

A: Awwwwwwwww. But no, no distractions. What the hell, Ramona?!?

S: I know! So here I am.

A:.............With a ring.

S: Yes.

A:............to put on my finger.

S: I believe the finger is customary.

A: No. I mean, to put on my finger.

S: Well, I mean, it's not really my style. Or size.

A: Sheldon, what I mean is: why does putting a ring on my finger protect you from the depredations of skanks?

S:.....................................Oh.

A: You haven't thought this through.

S: Well, don't I get a ring? Or a pocketwatch?

A: You get a ring. After we get married.

S; Well, I'm working on that! Although if you want to just skip to the wedding bit, I have ideas for a Batman theme...

A: No. Although if you want to do a Chaucer theme...

A: Regency?

A: Ugh, you never let me do anything. Frontier Railroad theme?

S: .....keep talking.

Also, gods preserve us from a season of wedding planning. Please, no. I can stomach, like, one bachelor party episode where the guys try to work through the traditional list....and just spend the evening at the comic book store. While the girls try to go hogwild....and also just spend the evening at the comic book store (#YouDon'tKnowThor'sLife #NeverForget)

What if they gave us tons of Pamy??!!!

• Like 6

On 5/1/2017 at 1:03 PM, Chrismo said:

If you go back and look at transcripts Leonard admitted making out with Mandy. As others have  stated I think he did feel guilty and was hoping what happened with Alice and Priya. Problem was Penny didn't have anything to be guilty about.

Woah there! The phrase "making out" was NOT used. And, by the way, it was Penny who kind of forced Leonard's hand into telling her. He may have not told her if she didn't add the "no surprises and no regrets" and then Leonard says "no surprise" and she says "and no regrets (?)". That's when Leonard blabbed. But again the words "MAKING OUT" was NEVER used.

23 hours ago, Judith said:

I consider what Leonard did cheating and here's why: the writers made sure to have him be drunk on the boat. Why would that be? Because they needed a mitigating factor for the fact that he didn't stop it immediately. Alcohol doesn't make you do things you otherwise wouldn't want to do. It lowers your inhibitions to the point where you won't be able to stop yourself from doing things you already wanted when sober.

Alcohol is not hypnotism. Most people won't take a dump on a floor (or street) when sober but drunk, it might happen.

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

What if they gave us tons of Pamy??!!!

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy, you know what's awesome? Long engagements with elaborate wedding planning!

(Damn you, Kath, you evil mastermind. (said with love))

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Bigbang.daily said:

If they have commissioned 48 ep will there be 48 ep.If the strike takes a few of s11 will there be more eps for s12

It doesn't work like that. If the season starts early enough, we might get 24 episode. If it starts late, we get whatever they can make (following union guidelines (4weeks-work/2weeks-off per six weeks)). If that's 24, 20, 17, that's what we get.

EVEN THOUGH the point is moot, because it looks like they settled so there won't be a strike).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Pleeeeese.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Woah there! The phrase "making out" was NOT used. And, by the way, it was Penny who kind of forced Leonard's hand into telling her. He may have not told her if she didn't add the "no surprises and no regrets" and then Leonard says "no surprise" and she says "and no regrets (?)". That's when Leonard blabbed. But again the words "MAKING OUT" was NEVER used.

He said it in his dream in 9.2. I'm sure how Penny forced him to say it.

10 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy, you know what's awesome? Long engagements with elaborate wedding planning!

:scratchhead:  .......................................................................

g_10.gif.1f93d05bcb05295857505bb5850d5cf8.gif

............................................................................:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tensor said:

Again, it depends on how you interpret "kissing".  As a gerund, or a present participle, it could be unnumbered,  singular, plural, or even continuous. 

If I walk past a room, look in, and see two people kissing, and someone asked me what they were doing, i would say they were kissing, even though I would have no idea how many kisses there actually were. This whole argument is something I simply can't understand. I've tried on the IMDB boards and I've tried here. And I still don't get it.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I generally just try to forget the dumb boat kiss like I block out the marriage to Zack and slip with Raj. 

I could forget both of them if people would let me, but I can't forget that Leonard and Penny basically argued all the way to Vegas to get married and still got married. Especially since she had married Zac in Vegas, even if it was a joke wedding. I think the marriage had a horrible beginning and I wish it had not gone down that way. I wish they had turned around, went home, worked out their problems and then had a nice wedding if they had to get married. THAT was when the writers set a pattern of having them just tooling along without dealing with issues properly for me. I didn't like either wedding for many reasons, but the Vegas wedding I particularly disliked. And the whole time spent in the car is why.

10 hours ago, wowbagger said:

So clearly the show is often fucked up about female sexuality. Which means that the show is often fucked up about sexuality, and the female character bears the brunt of it. The show has problems. The showrunners have problems. It is delusional to think that any character is spared the many-coloured brush of bullshit. Or even the occasional spasms of clarity and thoughtfulness.

Best comment I've seen in ages. YES!

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic