[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Thanks all, for the answers of what Raj said to Penny. I'm not allowed any likes at present.

Edited by joyceraye
My likes came back later.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, serena_1995 said:

Kissing someone who is not your girlfriend is cheating. Unless Lenny were in an open relationship, IMO Leonard absolutely cheated.

Penny flatly asked Leonard, "Did you feel guilty after kissing her ?" She used the phrase "after kissing her" , so Penny believes Leonard was an active participant in the said "kissing". Leonard did not deny or correct her. He agreed with her. 

Penny did not ask him- "Did you feel guilty she kissed you ?" That is different. I don't know what is so complicated about this. From what I saw, both Penny and Leonard seemed aware he kissed Mandy and Mandy kissed him. Penny considered it cheating in 9.02 (she said she never expected Leonard to do this , unlike other guys who weren't above cheating) and she forgave him ultimately.

Again, you didn't see anything because they didn't show it. All of your post are just speculations on your part.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, serena_1995 said:

agree with this,  Leonard is sober and he has sex with a very drunk Penny was questionable. Hits too close to home for me. IMO, Leonard should have refused her and not gone further with her.

i can see why Amy would be bothered but it would be more towards Ramona and the gang.

Towards the gang? Really? Why? It is nobody's responsibility but Sheldon's to put a stop to Ramona's advances if he so chooses. It most certainly is NOT the gang's responsibility to intervene on her behalf. Furthermore, if I understand the TR correctly, nevertheless, the gang intervened and tried to come between Ramona and Sheldon. However to make it their tacit obligation is way off base, IMO.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 4

Sorry have to agree with Serena here. Maybe this is showing how different out backgrounds here. I am a pretty black and white person. I don't think it is speculation at all. Leonard said he made out with a chick, while drunk. Even offered detail. "Chipped Tooth". He even proceeded to work with the woman for two years. Then decided to drop it on the day of his wedding. Folks that is called subconcious sabotage. I am sorry in anyones interpretaton, Leonard 100 % cheated. I don't need to see it on screen to know he did. He made out with a woman, was the woman Penny? Nope. Then their is nothing more that needs to be said. To be quite honest if role were reversed. And Penny was in Leonard's position. WE would be having a VERY different conversation. Their would be no reasoning, no justifying. No Oh it wasen't intentional. She would be ripped to Pieces. I am the biggest Leonard fan on this forum. But I cannot defend what he did and as long as I watch this show, I never well. He needed to be held accountable. And to be quite honest, I Think Penny let him off lightely.  And now to connect it to the Season Finalie of Season Ten. We have a similar situation. Where Sheldon is withholding information that could effect Amy's decision in accepting Sheldon's proposal. Like Penny did in 8.24. 

In any regard, it is on the level of 4.24. Penny married to Zac e.t.c. Just forget like it never happened. End of day it was the show pulling some fake drama out of their ass, poorly written and thought out. Creating an imaginary tangent on the timeline. To create artificial drama. IT was and is some of the worst writing I have seen on tv. I choose too see it as they sacrificed Lenny. And put the protagonist down a stream without a paddle. TO make their golden boy look better. And that has been the show since then. Sacrifice it all, just so their golden boy comes out smelling like roses. I mean the only reason Mayim is getting so much screen time. Because she has the honour of being the Amy in the Shamy. What an honour :icon_cheesygrin:.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I could forget both of them if people would let me, but I can't forget that Leonard and Penny basically argued all the way to Vegas to get married and still got married. Especially since she had married Zac in Vegas, even if it was a joke wedding. I think the marriage had a horrible beginning and I wish it had not gone down that way. I wish they had turned around, went home, worked out their problems and then had a nice wedding if they had to get married. THAT was when the writers set a pattern of having them just tooling along without dealing with issues properly for me. I didn't like either wedding for many reasons, but the Vegas wedding I particularly disliked. And the whole time spent in the car is why.

If it was conventional it would not be TBBT.

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

IT was and is some of the worst writing I have seen on tv.

I think they broke a convention of good writing by pulling stuff out of the air years after the event but hardly the worst writing on TV. If it was that bad we would not be here talking about it. If it were that bad there would not have been the parade of stars appearing in  the series and there would be no Emmy awards. It must have something going for it. I don't think a guy like Stephen Hawking is going to appear in a show unless he likes it.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-big-bang-theory/news/a784650/the-big-bang-theorys-19-greatest-guest-stars-ranked-leonard-nimoy-stephen-hawking-carrie-fisher-and-more/ 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

To me, Penny's lines are the highlight of both of the clips for 10.23 (as well as the slide show of photos).  It is as if she is grinding the embers left from the "happy together" montage with Raj into the dirt with her dainty flip-flop clad foot and saying to all present "I just want this guy out of here so I can be alone with my husband."  To me, this says "Beverly:  go suck on an egg!" 

n_00420.gif.dbbb1b4c0afb91fd416687da64f400a0.gif

:icon_biggrin:  again.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, veejay said:

n_00420.gif.dbbb1b4c0afb91fd416687da64f400a0.gif

:icon_biggrin:  again.

Kaley really rocked in those sneek peaks, the way she delivered that "You got me", both times, made me crack!

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Carlos said:

Towards the gang? Really? Why? It is nobody's responsibility but Sheldon's to put a stop to Ramona's advances if he so chooses. It most certainly is NOT the gangs responsibility to intervene on her behalf. Furthermore, if I understand the TR correctly, nevertheless, the gang intervened and tried to come between Ramona and Sheldon. However to make it their tacit obligation is way off base, IMO.

No it is not the gang's responsibility.  Your are correct, but Amy may not see it that way since she left them in charge of looking after him.  Right or wrong.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon must be pleased to show off an old pupil who's become a doctor of sciencey things at CERN. Romana surely will have kept in touch, considering how  few of that postgrad intake he thought were going to do well and said so.He'll be proud of her even if he doesn't say so. It's the Jane Eyre syndrome*. I bet she put herself  on his 'friends' list in all sorts of internet chatty stuff over the years. That would be enough for him to refer to her as one. He had some reason to be grateful to her, albeit somewhat grudgingly. He wouldn't share the authorship with her but wouldn't be so unprofessionally stingy as to leave her small but crucial contribution off the list of acknowledgements. That would have been  her first. She'd never forget that.

I wonder if Romana nagged Professor Higgs to eat his meals and keep his mind on his work ?  I can't believe Sheldon is her only shovee. If she could steer Sheldon she could do it to anybody.

* ' Sir, you have given me the gift teachers covet most : praise of their pupils' progress.'

You can be right, obviously. But, I was talking about what I have seen on screen for all the seasons and what I got from the taping report.
I did not know anything about the "Jane Eyre Syndrome". I learnt something new. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

No it is not the gang's responsibility.  Your are correct, but Amy may not see it that way since she left them in charge of looking after him.  Right or wrong.

Isn't it about time to see it that way?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Isn't it about time to see it that way?

Yep.  Sheldon needs to take responsibility for himself.  Amy and the others need to let him.  He is never going to learn if they keep sending a helicopter to rescue him.

Edited by jenafan

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's not the gang's responsibility to go to the hospital when Howard's eaten peanuts.

It's not the gang's responsibility to go with Leonard to Penny's ex boyfriends to get money/TV set.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help Penny with her online sales project.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help you clear out your house or move.

But it's what you do when you have friends.

This! It is not only a question of ability from the person to fix their own issues or not. Sometimes it is a question of helping the friend(s) to get faster or better what they need. And giving to them support.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's not the gang's responsibility to go to the hospital when Howard's eaten peanuts.

It's not the gang's responsibility to go with Leonard to Penny's ex boyfriends to get money/TV set.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help Penny with her online sales project.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help you clear out your house or move.

But it's what you do when you have friends.

But the gang has taken responsibility for Sheldon more times than all the others combined.

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

This! It is not only a question of ability from the person to fix their own issues or not. Sometimes it is a question of helping the friend(s) to get faster or better what they need.

Sheldon is supposed to be into trying new things. Wouldn't taking responsibility of one's self be one of them?

• Like 3

Just now, Chrismo said:

But the gang has taken responsibility for Sheldon more times than all the others combined.

Perhaps, but Howard comes close.

And, sometimes, they drop Sheldon from activities.  

But, let's remember, this case with Sheldon has the women as major decision-makers. And that changes the dynamic a bit.  They're doing it for Amy, not as much for Sheldon.

• Like 3

What makes you assume that if Amy in the premiere gets pissed off for what has happened between Sheldon and Ramona, she will be angry at the gang too? Sure, she asked them to have an eye on Sheldon and there was that "I gave you one job!" during the Skype call with Penny and Bernie (mostly for comedic purposes, IMO), but if there is some follow up in the premiere about Ramona hitting on Sheldon and it leads to Amy being angry for that, I have hard time thinking it might be about her giving all persons but Sheldon responsibility for what happened.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon is supposed to be into trying new things. Wouldn't taking responsibility of one's self be one of them?

We will have to wait and see how he will further do in that field, even imo Sheldon is fully in charge of his life. He only need some help about reading emotions/intentions about those who are not so close to him as the gang, Amy and relatives are to him.

Two more seasons for many things to happen yet.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Apartment listings for him to find a place to rent. She really wants him out!!!!......and you already know that. Ha!  I'll leave the post for laughs!

Maybe she finally realizes she wants to live alone with her husband!!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Maybe she finally realizes she wants to live alone with her husband!!

"Penny: Uh. Well, honey, you know, now that Leonard and I are married, it kind of makes sense that we actually live together."
S9 - The 2003 Approximation

This doesn't seem to be a new realization of Penny. Only the execution appears to be easier now, without some odd R-agreements. :shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, veejay said:

"Penny: Uh. Well, honey, you know, now that Leonard and I are married, it kind of makes sense that we actually live together."
S9 - The 2003 Approximation

This doesn't seem to be a new realization of Penny. Only the execution appears to be easier now, without some odd R-agreements. :shy:

Agree. And I just love how Penny is eager of Raj's moving out, LOL! Go, girl, show your feelings! :)

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Carlos said:

Again, you didn't see anything because they didn't show it. All of your post are just speculations on your part.

Towards the gang? Really? Why? It is nobody's responsibility but Sheldon's to put a stop to Ramona's advances if he so chooses. It most certainly is NOT the gangs responsibility to intervene on her behalf. Furthermore, if I understand the TR correctly, nevertheless, the gang intervened and tried to come between Ramona and Sheldon. However to make it their tacit obligation is way off base, IMO.

I can only agree with this, Sheldon is an adult who is responsible for his own action. In no way is the gang responsible for what Sheldon does on his own. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Agree. And I just love how Penny is eager of Raj's moving out, LOL! Go, girl, show your feelings! :)

Yeah, give the girl (wife, woman, uterus-american... pc) more of a spot-light. :icon_razz:

o_00634.gif.de49d39a2ccd8a88f4b9fc865a68cafc.gif

• Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic