[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

34 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I don't think the show is really implying that the gang take responsibility for the shamy's relationship. But I can imagine a close-knit (usually), nosy (usually) group of people kinda taking it upon themselves to get all Mother Hen in the situation. I don't particularly like Amy's 'you had one job!' line, and I will roll my eyes when I hear it, but i don't think she is implying that it is literally anyone else's job to protect Sheldon or keep him on the straight and narrow.

but I can see the gang TAKING 'responsibility'. In the way friends take 'responsibility' for making sure that you don't buy, I don't know, that sweater that makes you look like you smell of mothballs. Obviously your clothing choices are your business, but it's nice to have people who care about you keeping an eye out.

It seems quite obvious what Amy is saying. What's  worse are the girls apologizing. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's not the gang's responsibility to go to the hospital when Howard's eaten peanuts.

It's not the gang's responsibility to go with Leonard to Penny's ex boyfriends to get money/TV set.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help Penny with her online sales project.

It's not the gang's responsibility to help you clear out your house or move.

But it's what you do when you have friends.

You help your friends in everything that is in your hand, if your friends don't accept your help, or your advice  and you make a mistake the  mistake is your own, not theirs. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, veejay said:

Yeah, give the girl (wife, woman, uterus-american... pc) more of a spot-light. :icon_razz:

o_00634.gif.de49d39a2ccd8a88f4b9fc865a68cafc.gif

I know that the couch is considered to be "iconic", but I would really love to see it being replaced with something else. I think it would be nice if Lenny put their own touch over 4A, but I'm also totally aware that this might never happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anita said:

You help your friends in everything that is in your hand, if your friends don't accept your help, or your advice  and you make a mistake the  mistake is your own, not theirs. 

The difference is the others wanted help. Sheldon did not.

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

In fact I think its amy's responsability, instead of telling him he's tired and needs go to bed, she should have called him later and tell him what bothers her and why, and then if he choses to ignore her all the blame is on him

17 minutes ago, Anita said:

Quoting myself because it's the worst spelled sentence ever.

I meant that if your friends don't accept your help, or your advice  and they make a mistake the  mistake is theirs , not yours. 

57 minutes ago, veejay said:

Yes. That brings back my desire to see a paintball adventure again. :shy:

n_097.gif.3b3a1e8da73f859a8b83a86d85142d01.gif

I wish that too!! They were hilarious episodes with golden funny dialogues :icon_cheesygrin:

paintball.gif

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I wish that too!! :icon_cheesygrin:

paintball.gif

You know how everyone didn't want her during the scavenger hunt, they would be all fighting over her for paintball.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, SRAM said:

You know how everyone didn't want her during the scavenger hunt, they would be all fighting over her for paintball.

I know but so many things changed since then that I would not be surprised if this time the roles were reversed. I m only talking about the fun, not other intention more. No fear :)

Edited 1 minute ago by spidergirl

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I think Bernadette would be serious competition though...;)

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Man, just find an excuse to send the gang to NJ! Road trip! ROAD TRIP! All these group episode flashbacks are giving me a serious case of nostalgia.....

Sheldon's just got to soak up some Einstein while he's there.  

And how can Leonard resist also visiting?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Man, just find an excuse to send the gang to NJ! Road trip! ROAD TRIP! All these group episode flashbacks are giving me a serious case of nostalgia.....

A Road trip would be so cool! It could be the three couples, Raj, Halley and cinnamon altogether in a Van, lol! Crazyness ahead on 4 wheels! Let it happen, please!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

A union of the will and the means.

Scary.

My memory seems to be quite scary too...  :shy:

L: It's just a little scary.
St: Well, yeah, but scary good, right?
L: Sure. When is scary not good? -But-- Okay.
S2 - The Vartabedian Conundrum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbang.daily said:

Why does Penny want raj out so much because they went from bonding to get out in a matter of eps 

Maybe it is just a matter of wanting to spend quality time alone with her husband.  You remember him?  The love of her life? Her best friend?  The first one she would go to whenenver she had a problem? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

What about Penny and Bernadette in the same team. They would wreak havoc among the guys. 

That would be so funny to see everyone covered with paint hits except Penny and Bernadette who are perfectly clean.  I could just hear Penny saying 'Girls'.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Maybe it is just a matter of wanting to spend quality time alone with her husband.  You remember him?  The love of her life? Her best friend?  The first one she would go to whenenver she had a problem? 

Maybe bonding with her husband supercedes bonding with the foreign guy :D. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

But Amy wanted help and she asked them for it, just as Leonard asked Sheldon to take care of Penny when he was away.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Maybe bonding with her husband supercedes bonding with the foreign guy :D. 

People have been beaten on the streets for the right to marry. It's any important thing for any adult person to be able to marry another adult person if they choose and it's generally accepted that the formal attachment is important.   And also generally that means setting up your own household is usually considered a right not a privilege.

Though Penny is "hot", and somewhat conforms to a stereotype, doesn't mean her marriage is worth less and that her love for her husband is worth less.  Considering the free-loaders she puts up with, I think she and Leonard have been "fricken*" ludicrously generous.

(*Only I didn't think "fricken". Lol) :) 

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic