The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

10 minutes ago, NotWonderland said:

She poses it as a experiment and sheldon makes the comment about her trying to convince him with dirty talk or sexy talk i cant quite remember the whole scene was really funny, then Leonard says it could be like star trek and sheldon says to amy if she was trying to convince him with sexy talk (or whichever) she should've tried that, then Leonard looks at penny smug and she asks him why hes proud of that. Someone then brings up sheldons spot and not sitting in it and he has a rant about no one sitting on it cause its only for his bottom (there was alot of words thrown around here in sheldon talk lol) Leonard is smiling and nodding and tells penny to do the same cause hes almost gone then sheldon agrees to the experiment and Amy hugs him, while she hugs him, he says adds to Leonard's star trek joke.

Thank you!

I have to say it is refreshing and nice this forum is full of positive vibes, after the past few years lol. 

• Like 3

So Amy is the one who suggests living together as an experiment and she has to convince Sheldon to accept it by trying to talk dirty (talk science) but Sheldon isn't interested since he's more turned on by Leonard's Star Trek talk because apparently nowadays science is only Sheldon's job and his real interest is in comic books and movies and Taytay and the Kardashians.

Wow. Just when I thought the writers have changed.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Your b ) has me thinking of Mary's line "men are all alike, tell them they can't do something and that's all they wanna do", or something like that. That and Sheldon's apparent restless sleeping has the makings of some laughs coming at his expense!

Seriously, that line had better presage some Sheldon-initiated sexytimes, or I will personally fly over there and make Lorre eat week-old Brussels sprouts that have been lying in the sun.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

So Amy is the one who suggests living together as an experiment and she has to convince Sheldon to accept it by trying to talk dirty (talk science) but Sheldon isn't interested since he's more turned on by Leonard's Star Trek talk because apparently nowadays science is only Sheldon's job and his real interest is in comic books and movies and Taytay and the Kardashians.

Wow. Just when I thought the writers have changed.

I think the suggestion is talking science (dirty) actually works, but Star Trek really works.  The science dirty talk joke pays off later leading to the make out. But I'm not sure about your jump in logic to the bolded part.  Can you please explain?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nickelette424 said:

I think the suggestion is talking science (dirty) actually works, but Star Trek really works.  The science dirty talk joke pays off later leading to the make out. But I'm not sure about your jump in logic to the bolded part.  Can you please explain?

I'm not sure later it's Sheldon hearing himself talking about science turns him on or Amy talking about science.

The bold part lies in Shamy's ever-shrinking mutual interests nowadays. We hardly ever see plots like Shamy doing experiments on others or making fun of the science writers anymore. Instead we get Amy trying to convince or trick Sheldon into doing a lot of things. On the other hand, Sheldon used to be turned on by resolving science problems (or something science related I can't quite remember the exact scene) but now science talk is not as useful as Star Trek. Also we all know Sheldon loves Taytay and had a pretty good time getting tested of the Kardashians.

13 minutes ago, NotWonderland said:

This is the idea i got from it too, the sciencey argument at the end is great, amy makes a comment Sheldon doesn't get and he kinda stares at her, she then says and you dont even understand that, the argument goes around until amy agrees to the 5 weeks. Then she says wanna go to the apartment and make out, (shes still in her argument voice  and he is abit too if that makes sense lol) and his comment about hawking is a pretty clear yes then they rush off. I thought for a second they were going to kiss before they walk out cause they kind of stared at each other in the first shot. When they leave penny turns to Leonard and says the new neighbours are weird, then the episode ends. During the argument they're watching and commenting to each other its quite funny.

Sorry for my rambles when i start typing i remember something else so figure ill just add it in lol. 

Really appreciate it. 

I like the new neighbours line! It kind of feels like the writers are hinting the new "dynamic" which is Shamy in 4B and Lenny in 4A. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, April said:

This episode will be the death of me. omg

Same here, hehe. I was excitted for this specific tapping report but I have never thought it could be so good and we didnt watch it yet!

Each shamy scene seems so funny and so ic! And the way lenny was described as the all agreement was being setled  seems so spot on!

Thank writters for this! Keep it up! You can do it! :)

Cant wait for this on screen!!!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

So this is mostly very charming, but the Sheldon/Amy dynamic shown on screen seems a little....at odds with the (post-coital) dynamic we were shown? As in, this seems to be a relationship of science flirtation and shy sauciness (of which we saw occasional flickers e.g. Big Bear tag scene, but not huge amounts otherwise)? A relationship of an assumed growing physical ease- in which, for example, Amy would not need to hint at a desire for intimacy, or fish for excuses to see Sheldon with his kit off?

It's almost as though they lost whatever scripts would have followed on from their original trajectory, and had to borrow someone else's.

In other words: buckle up, pups, or get your scrolling fingers limbered up, because I FEEL A WRITERS' ROOM FANFIC COMING ON.

[SCENE: CBS Writers' Room Headquarters. It is a dark and stormy night. Rain lashes the windows mercilessly. The room is lavishly appointed, with gilt-edged thrones and heavy drapes. Over the wall hangs a mural of Sheldon, Spock and the BBC Sherlock. Over the doors hang flags, with the word 'BAZINGA!' in scarlet over a black and white background.

The camera pans down, down, down, to a basement. In stark contrast to the luxury above, this room is dank and sparsely furnished. Within sit three men, unshaven, hollow-eyed, and clearly half-starved. They are PRADY, the Rebel Leader, GOETSCH, the Plans Guy, and SALTZBERG, the Clever One. 

There is a scraping at the door, and MOLARA enters the room. She is dressed in a mackintosh, glistening with the rain. Her eyes are frightened. The three look at her, half-hopefully, half-suspiciously.]

Molara: We don't have much time. Commandant Lorre has been called to the Momlands to quell an uprising, but he will be back.

Prady: Can you let us out?

Goetsch: They'll only find us again and drag us back.

Prady (grimly): I'm willing to take my chances.

Molara: And the rest of us? Have you thought about what it's like for the rest of us?

Prady: Dammit, Molara, you can't keep playing that card! 

(Silence. They know that she can keep playing that card, and will.)

Molara: Listen, I have a notebook and a pencil. If you just tell me, I can.... I can try to sneak it in.

Goetsch: Okay! So the Shamy plan to keep to their annual schedule and it doesn't work out?

Molara: It's too late for that.

Goetsch: The Shamy have sex off-screen but they tease each other and make little jokes?

Molara: It's too late for that.

Goetsch: How the hell is it too late? They've had sex! Amy's already seen him with his clothes off! Surely she's comfortable with him now?

Molara (looking at the floor): Not exactly.

Prady (grimly): Lorre's making her gag for it again, is he?

Molara (still looking at the floor, nods)

(Difficult silence)

Prady stares ahead of him and finally comes to.

Prady: How long do we have?

Molara: One episode. But look! It's cohabitation!

Prady (nods thoughtfully): Well, we'll have to make it count, won't we?

He looks at Goetsch and Saltzberg, who grin in affirmation.

Goetsch: Well, we're not going to have Amy whining and gagging. We'll have Amy take sex off the table.

Saltzberg: Coitus.

Getsch: Sorry. And we'll have Sheldon move to share a bed, not Amy.

Saltzberg: And we'll have Amy have trouble with cohabitation.

Goetsch: Yes! Because she's lived alone! 

Saltzberg: Yes, exactly. And they'll have an argument about scientific method...

Goetch, Saltzberg and Prady (together): ....which will turn them both on so much they'll run off to have sex!

Molara (hastily): Making out! Offscreen!

Prady (looks at Goetsch and Saltzberg, who shrug): Fair enough.

Molara (wistfully): Can we have something for Leonard?

Goetsch (kindly): Dancing in his underwear in Apartment 4A with Penny.

Molara (brightens): while shipping the Shamy!

Prady, Goetsch and Saltzberg (rapturously): Yesssssss!!!!!

(All sigh happily. Then Molara shakes herself and heads for the door.)

Prady (stopping her): What...what will happen to you?

(Molara's smile wavers but then she tilts her chin bravely)

Molara: I'll be all right. We'll put in some gags about Amy wanting to snuggle and Sheldon telling her her ass is hot. Maybe...maybe he won't notice.

Prady (with a violent revulsion of feeling): No! I can't let you do it! It's too dangerous!

Molara (pats his cheek tenderly): Don't worry, Bill. The troubles of four little folks like us don't amount to a hill of beans in this mixed-up world.

(She leaves.)

Prady (as one whose voice is wrenched from the depths): Every time she comes over...every time.... I wonder if they got to her. I know it's horrible, but I can't help myself.

Saltzberg (thoughtfully): Actually, it's a reasonable enough suspicion under the circumstances.

Goetsch (grimly): Well, if we find out next that Amy's pressuring Sheldon for a ring and that she's put it in her contract that Sheldon has to have sex with her on her wedding night, we'll know who won, won't we?

[END SCENE]

Please, please, please continue writing these! It's so much better than the show lmao.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I doubt Saltzberg had anything to do with it. It does not sound like a physics experiment.

Oh, I know. But Saltzberg has a writers' credit for 'Champagne Reflection', which is one of my all-time favourite episodes of the show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NotWonderland said:

Leonard and penny are really funny in this episode, penny gives sheldon advice on living with someone and leonard gives advice to amy on living with sheldon; things like keep mm's for lines and no flash photography. We also got a scene of leonard dancing with his pants around his ankles and then him and penny dancing in the living room (shes  by the door and hes by sheldons laptop doing moves from dance dance revolution) in 4a.

Great work. Glad you had the chance to go and thank you for sharing the love.

"Dance party in our underwear"... At last, normality for the Hofstaders.

• Like 8

Thanks for the report. Episode sounds funny but to me it just sounds like a filler episode. don't get Shamy in 4b and Lenny in 4a. JMO but it seems obvious that Amy will be back eventually in her apartment and Lenny and Sheldon will be in 4a. Would have hope if Lenny went back to 4b. Don't see how this is really "scientific". The other story is old and tired. Raj is back as the third wheel and they bring the dog back.

• Like 1

Five more episodes takes us into November sweeps. Can't wait to see what the results of this experiment will be!  Maybe something more permanent...

(I know this is the wrong thread but Kaley's comments from Kimmel the other night still worries me.)

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shamyyes said:

Five more episodes takes us into November sweeps. Can't wait to see what the results of this experiment will be!  Maybe something more permanent...

(I know this is the wrong thread but Kaley's comments from Kimmel the other night still worries me.)

What comment?

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Thanks for the report. Episode sounds funny but to me it just sounds like a filler episode. don't get Shamy in 4b and Lenny in 4a. JMO but it seems obvious that Amy will be back eventually in her apartment and Lenny and Sheldon will be in 4a. Would have hope if Lenny went back to 4b. Don't see how this is really "scientific". The other story is old and tired. Raj is back as the third wheel and they bring the dog back.

My prediction as it stands right now is that the experiment ends up being a success and Shamy move into 4A and Lenny into 4B. It makes the most sense unless the writers want to create drama and have it so it doesn't work out and then that puts huge question marks over the Shamy relationship all over again. I don't think that will happen.

Raj was always going to get sucked heavily into the pregnancy storyline and whilst I think that he should be a part of it I agree with the point you are making that he does need something himself, some storyline that provides some character growth. Some think the pregnancy storyline might actually sort him out, get him to re-prioritize and refocus his life but I think it's going to take more than that.

I am happy to see Cinnamon is alive and hasn't died from gout from all the crap he feeds her, and I would rather see him with his dog than him stringing along two women with no chance of long term love with either of them.

• Like 3