Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Lenny are worse now than Howardette were but there are similarities and a what appears to me a general problem in writing childless married couples in a fun and captivating way. Not that I expect this with Shamy, the writers love Sheldon so much that they will put all efforts to make it great for them.  

As we say here in Washington, "follow the money."

Money HERE!

The writing for Leonard and Penny is maddening, and here's hoping it will improve next season.  But the writing for Raj gives them something to look down on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Am i the only one who thought that Sheldon was flirting with her

I don't think Sheldon is an expert on that. Personally, no. I don't think he was.

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

No he was flirting with her the entire episode. He was enjoying himself. That is why I don't buy he was an innocent buystander. He enjoyed the attention. 

He enjoys all attention. He expects to be the center of everything all the time. The glue that holds everyone else together, as he put it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Am i the only one who thought that Sheldon was flirting with her

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
 

Really? A man talking with a woman in a friendly way is flirting? The things I learn on this forum, lol! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Yes. Leonard's story goes: He told his would-be spouse- she eventually forgave him and then they lived happily ever after

This is another reason to just drop the boat kiss. They argued in the car about it all the way to Vegas and Penny married Leonard anyway. I didn't like that, but it is what it is. If she didn't care anymore why should we? Whether Sheldon immediately tells Amy and how Amy takes it is what we need to think about over the summer.

 

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Does he reminisce about the kiss when he gets on the plane? No, he watches Spongebob.

Spongebob is an Amy thing. Spongebob was one of the choices when they were playing the game at the aquarium.

3 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

I still have no idea why Isabella was a one episode girlfriend.

They blew a huge chance when they didn't follow up with Yvette the vet in my opinion.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the writers are capable of writing a bisexual Raj. They have a weakness for low denominator type jokes (*ahem* sitcom) but they've shown sensitivity in delicate situations so that doesn't worry me (if I've said so in the past, I've obviously changed my mind). I'm not sure if they'd want to risk a part of the audience living though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yep I have come to the conclusion Sheldon cheated. IT came across very different in the TR. Sheldon contributed as much. And actually partook in the act. I see no difference with this kiss to Leonards one. Only difference is Leonard was offscreen. And the show painted Leonard as the bad wolf. This time of course Sheldon is the innocent party. Makes me wonder if Ramona did not end it, what would of happened? Can Amy go into a marrage, not knowing that information? Who knows. Seems like a knee jerk reaction. An impulsive act on Sheldons part, yeah I agree he loves Amy. But I Think going into a marrage based on an impulse is not a good idea. Marrage is a big deal. I am sorry if Leonard for two years on this forum gets shred to pieces. Now I seen it. I See no difference with the Leonard kiss. IT is only fair Sheldon get's the same treatment around here. 

Forgive me Luke, But I'm curious to know how you would have described it had you been reporting?

From my TR:

"Sheldon goes on to list that would pose a number of problems because they work together and more importantly, He is with Amy. As he finishes his sentence.. Roman leans in quickly and plants one on Sheldon's lips. 

Sheldon doesn't kiss her back. He just sits there Eyes open from shock. When it ended he is visibly emotionally compromised from what just happened. He just had a look of shock on his face. He stood up from his desk and said "excuse me" and left."

What was different? How would you of described it as?

Just curious :) 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Judith said:

I think the writers are capable of writing a bisexual Raj. They have a weakness for low denominator type jokes (*ahem* sitcom) but they've shown sensitivity in delicate situations so that doesn't worry me (if I've said so in the past, I've obviously changed my mind). I'm not sure if they'd want to risk a part of the audience living though.

TBQH the challenge aspect that this development would bring makes me inclined to believe that they'd approach it with more care than just throwing in another female love interest which they'll probably mess up again. It's not like they haven't thrown a ton of different women at Raj in the past and nothing really fit or stuck. So Idk if trying that again will help their creative juices. But who knows...?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Of all the millions  of people who watch TBBT each week, how many people really care what Steve Molaro thinks?

Go and ask them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Go and ask them.

You mean his 17,000 twitter followers?

1 hour ago, kazzie said:

Forgive me Luke, But I'm curious to know how you would have described it had you been reporting?

From my TR:

"Sheldon goes on to list that would pose a number of problems because they work together and more importantly, He is with Amy. As he finishes his sentence.. Roman leans in quickly and plants one on Sheldon's lips. 

Sheldon doesn't kiss her back. He just sits there Eyes open from shock. When it ended he is visibly emotionally compromised from what just happened. He just had a look of shock on his face. He stood up from his desk and said "excuse me" and left."

What was different? How would you of described it as?

Just curious :) 

It seems "visibly emotionally compromised" is more of an opinion.  Also there is more that happened before and after what happened in the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

...The song Howard writes for Bernie in The Romance Resonance was another favorite.

I assume most of the people here know this piece of trivia, but for those who don't, that song was written by Ramona and Lucy (Garfunkel & Oates).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, veejay said:

One of my favorite peak from that final Ep. and the following stairs scene was hilarious.

misc_00343.gif.2d536cb7fc35d3fe24e5d50ef3793fcb.gif
Yeah, Penny's a true leader. Love her nod at the end. :icon_cheesygrin:

I loved so much the stairs scene! Penny really rocked in this episode! Loved her! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Can I just say it was good to see the gang working as a team again, haven't seen it on that scale for a while. It wasn't a game or a trip but they were uniting together for a common cause, trying to save their friends and their relationship and I really enjoyed seeing that!

Oh and the girls in particular, amazing as ever! Loved the Amy/Penny/Bernie Skype scenes. I thought Kaley, Mayim and Melissa had such a fantastic episode. Amy had such great lines over Skype and reactions, Penny trying to get them all organised and have a talk with Sheldon in 4B (amazing scene btw) and Bernie, the pint-sized fire rocket using her body to try and block any advances and gave such a 'if looks could kill she would be a mass murderer' death stare to Ramona lol.

Oh and that stairs scene I think might be one of the very best scenes of this season and one of the best group scenes in YEARS! The awkward silence and the way Bernie and Penny kept moving up to try and block Ramona from getting to close to him. I thought it was frelling genius!

All of this :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

TBQH the challenge aspect that this development would bring makes me inclined to believe that they'd approach it with more care than just throwing in another female love interest which they'll probably mess up again. It's not like they haven't thrown a ton of different women at Raj in the past and nothing really fit or stuck. So Idk if trying that again will help their creative juices. But who knows...?

I really think this would be an interesting development for Raj.  It would also be a chance for other folks associated with TBBT to flex their writing, marketing and show-developing muscles to address such a topic in a mature, adult manner, while staying true to their sit-com format.  It would make for interesting television and the show would receive much attention for something that may seem daring to many media outlets and long overdue to those that are looking for the "main stream" to pay attention to "unconventional relationships".  Especially when it is delivered on the top-rated comedy on television.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People believe what they want to believe, since we have to imagine the boat kiss we imagine it thru the lens of our individual  thoughts and feelings toward the charecter of Leonard.

I for example can see a party on the boat for whatever reason in progress, much drinking is involved. Drunk Mandy AKA Dr. Slutbunny the second comes toward drunk Leonard with her arms open, he expecting a hug opens his arms to receive the hug. She instead does what Ramona did and goes for the unexpected kiss. Drunkenly slaming their faces together so hard she chips a tooth, leonard caught off guard is stunned for a second then moves his arms from hugging position to her shoulders and pushes her away. This takes 2 to 6 seconds.

This is entirely consistent with his dialog in 8.24 

Is this cheating and if so then why isn't Sheldon also guilty?

Discuss.... 

 

 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

One of the few things I loved about this season. Then again I'd watch an entire episode with just Penny and Amy, because I've loved their dynamic since day 1. Amy's semi-gay feelings for Penny used to always crack me up (no, not because homosexuality is to be made fun of but because of both Kaley and Mayim's facial expressions & line deliveries). I remember one fan asking them at Comic Con "Is Amy kinda gay for Penny?" and Kaley & Mayim laughed so hard at that. It was adorable.

I am with you No Regrets.  Early Amy was, to me, extremely funny.  They aired the episode where Amy spends some time with Leonard and they end up going to a wedding together (sorry, I am lousy at remembering episode titles).  It was laugh-out-loud-funny.  Amy's cluelessness as to staying beyond her welcome with Leonard in 4A (he took a shower and appeared to be getting ready for bed and she still sat on the sofa, making inane small talk---hilarious) and her getting him to get up and dance "The band. Is on fire." is something I miss seeing in Amy.  Not to say that she is not enjoyable now--she is.  It is just a totally different dynamic.....

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JE7 said:

People... /... Discuss....

misc_00325.gif.48c6a359d1a1d897985e7add52a97eaf.gif

:shy:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I am with you No Regrets.  Early Amy was, to me, extremely funny.  They aired the episode where Amy spends some time with Leonard and they end up going to a wedding together (sorry, I am lousy at remembering episode titles).  It was laugh-out-loud-funny.  Amy's cluelessness as to staying beyond her welcome with Leonard in 4A (he took a shower and appeared to be getting ready for bed and she still sat on the sofa, making inane small talk---hilarious) and her getting him to get up and dance "The band. Is on fire." is something I miss seeing in Amy.  Not to say that she is not enjoyable now--she is.  It is just a totally different dynamic.....

Oh that episode was hysterical, too. And then when she ran to Penny to tell her that Leonard has fallen for her, and then Penny's face... Great writing.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JE7  I was going to cheat on you, but your "like" makes me contemplative. :icon_biggrin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, veejay said:

@JE7  I was going to cheat on you, but your "like" makes me contemplative. :icon_biggrin:

 

yousayso2.gif.0172ec7d3ae471934d22d262d2b0f046.gif

10 minutes ago, veejay said:

@JE7  I was going to cheat on you, but your "like" makes me contemplative. :icon_biggrin:

 

Edited by JE7
The quote function was apparently in the shamy thread celebrating page 420 :)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I loved so much the stairs scene! Penny really rocked in this episode! Loved her! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

GREAT episode for her.

30 minutes ago, veejay said:

Yeah! Their herd-like behavior was such a funny riot. :icon_biggrin:

misc_00345.gif.89a0fbba8f975bd14472d3058e2a7481.gif

And Sheldon didn't have a clue why they were doing it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.