The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

17 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

It's also not much different from Kaley saying years ago that she "would cry like it was her own break up" if Leonard and Penny didn't end up together.

Considering the bickering in last three seasons I am reminded of....

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” - Star Trek, season 2, episode 1 (“Amok Time,” 1968)

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, April said:

Why would she not know what was coming?? All the actors get the script the night before the table read at which they, you know, read the full script while sitting around a big table.

I said she didn't know what was going to happen NEXT. She doesn't know what will happen yet with Amy and Sheldon. Considering what the writers pulled out of their backsides with Leonard kissing Mandy, can you really trust them not to make what happened to Sheldon dramatic in some way? I mean, I don't think he cheated (nor do I think Leonard cheated) but although I hate to bring up the topic again since it's so volatile, I think based on what they did with Leonard and Penny, Sheldon has to admit to Amy that he got kissed.  There's lots of ways they could go with that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I said she didn't know what was going to happen NEXT. She doesn't know what will happen yet with Amy and Sheldon. Considering what the writers pulled out of their backsides with Leonard kissing Mandy, can you really trust them not to make what happened to Sheldon dramatic in some way? I mean, I don't think he cheated (nor do I think Leonard cheated) but although I hate to bring up the topic again since it's so volatile, I think based on what they did with Leonard and Penny, Sheldon has to admit to Amy that he got kissed.  There's lots of ways they could go with that.

Yes there are lots of ways they could go with this, but i don't think they'll do something overly dramatic this is Sheldon after all

My guess is Amy will ask him why he's proposing to her now , Sheldon will then tell her what happened including the kiss Ramona gave him,this will either upset or anger Amy.Either way she tell him she can't give him a answer now she needs time to think,so Sheldon will leave,he get home with the gang relieved to see him.He'll then tell them what happened including the kiss which i wouldn't put it passed them to throw in a dig at Leonard on this,anyway either at the end of the first episode or sometime in the second Amy will come back.The entire gang will be in 4A,she'll ask him to ask her again and she'll say yes,because i can't see them not doing it front of the entire gang as that's not been done before plus it's Sheldon they'll have to give him the best proposal.

I just hope they don't do what someone told me due to the first episode being so close to the 10th anniversary of the show

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes. It is Sheldon, they will probably have him tell her right away and everything will be forgiven. They might also throw some digs at Leonard while they're at it. It is Leonard.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

"Next" wasn't particularly clear here cause what happens "next" is that Sheldon goes to Amy to propose. "Next season" would have been a more descriptive word choice to avoid any confusion.

29 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

either at the end of the first episode or sometime in the second Amy will come back.The entire gang will be in 4A,she'll ask him to ask her again and she'll say yes,because i can't see them not doing it front of the entire gang as that's not been done before plus it's Sheldon they'll have to give him the best proposal.

It has been done before with Howardette.

17 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yes. It is Sheldon, they will probably have him tell her right away and everything will be forgiven. They might also throw some digs at Leonard while they're at it. It is Leonard.

The interviews from Molaro for the finale point into that direction as well. Not necessarily the dig against Leonard but then again I wouldn't put it past them either.

• Like 7

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, ATM said:

Ewwww , that is soooooo creepy 

Professional actor identifies with character she plays shock horror.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, April said:

It has been done before with Howardette.

The whole gang was not there. Penny was in 4b.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I just hope they don't do what someone told me due to the first episode being so close to the 10th anniversary of the show

If there will be a 10th anniversary of the show, I'm guessing that it will be all about Sheldon to be honest. Just like the 200th episode. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It would be so nice to have an anniversary episode but I think it should be about Penny, because what really happened is ten years ago Penny came into the nerd's lives and shook everything up.  An episode about how Penny changed everyone's lives would be adorable, I could see her as a blubbering mess at the end, her telling them she loves them so much and would not have wanted her life to go any other way.  

I have never thought about it that way, but this is a really good idea to be honest and a story about Penny is long overdue. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It would be so nice to have an anniversary episode but I think it should be about Penny, because what really happened is ten years ago Penny came into the nerd's lives and shook everything up.  

How about an Anniversary Episode, that doesn't relate to any one person?

Maybe something to do with their occupations?

Something like, the scientists get promotions/tenure, and Penny gets a big acting break.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

The one thing I think will be weird next season is that is if they continue with the scene of Sheldon's proposal in 11.01, Amy still has almost three months to go at Princeton.  Are they going to have her just skype her friends for the first part of the season or is the show going going to take a three month jump in one episode?

It would be so nice to have an anniversary episode but I think it should be about Penny, because what really happened is ten years ago Penny came into the nerd's lives and shook everything up.  An episode about how Penny changed everyone's lives would be adorable, I could see her as a blubbering mess at the end, her telling them she loves them so much and would not have wanted her life to go any other way.  

Unless we don't hear that the writers are going to explicitly acknowledge the 10th anniversary of the show (this is something they might been asked at SDCC, for example, or by some journalists in the usual pre-premiere interview), my guess is that they won't do anything special for it story wise; there can be some meta-stuff like the character wearing the same clothes they wore in the pilot, like in the 100th episode, but the cliffhanger is something that most likely will be addressed in the premiere. As for Amy, they could go with a gradual time jump, something like what they did when Howard went to space, with 3-4 episode with her being in Princeton and communicating through Skype with the others, that's also something they have already done with Amy character before.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I have never thought about it that way, but this is a really good idea to be honest and a story about Penny is long overdue. 

Agreed.

• Like 2

Perphaps because the choice of words to express an idea matters . And also the respectful  tone as well.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

All I know is: we all can do it much better. :shy:

o_00582.gif.b7a642e79d70261fd7226a1fc4d010c2.gif

• Like 8

Thread reopened.   As it is neither a season 10 discussion, nor do actor comments belong in Shipping Lanes and after some messages between Tripper and I, the Kaley-Mayim discussion has been moved to the season ten chit chat.  

If you want to continue it there, that is fine.  However, keep it to the discussions.  Do not make negative comments about other posters, or how they post, or the content.  If you think it violates our rules, report it, don't answer it.  Consider this a free advisory.  

• Like 2

On 5/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Different strokes and all that.

I'm sure there'll be real life Shamy's out there, somewhere in the world.

I beg to differ.

One of my favorite scenes...very heartfelt. Very emotional. Very relatable if you have ever had your heart broken.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sah said:

One of my favorite scenes...very heartfelt. Very emotional. Very relatable if you have ever had your heart broken.

Not for me. TbbT was to me light hearted and fluffy. Personally I found that scene way to heavy and melodramatic. Really was an era of the beggining of more of a drama, or a soap opera then a comedy series. It's not How I met your mother ha! Amy was just ugh. She brings the show down some times with her dullness. Not always. I liked her better in Season 5. But I generally find Amy brings the tone of the show down. And it is an example. Where they could of cut the scene. And given the screen time to other areas.

It's jmo. But ever since they made Amy a more central focal point of this show. The tone has dramatically shifted. Take her away from Sheldon. Things improve for me from a comedy stance. Now this ain't a slight on Amy or Mayim. I just felt the show worked better with just the guys and Penny. I wished they made Amy more of a supporting role. And we diddnt see her as much. I find her an interesting character at times. But generally I'm tired of her character. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Not for me. TbbT was to me light hearted and fluffy. Personally I found that scene way to heavy and melodramatic. Really was an era of the beggining of more of a drama, or a soap opera then a comedy series. It's not How I met your mother ha! Amy was just ugh. She brings the show down some times with her dullness. Not always. I liked her better in Season 5. But I generally find Amy brings the tone of the show down. And it is an example. Where they could of cut the scene. And given the screen time to other areas.

It's jmo. But ever since they made Amy a more central focal point of this show. The tone has dramatically shifted. Take her away from Sheldon. Things improve for me from a comedy stance. Now this ain't a slight on Amy or Mayim. I just felt the show worked better with just the guys and Penny. I wished they made Amy more of a supporting role. And we diddnt see her as much. I find her an interesting character at times. But generally I'm tired of her character. 

I miss having it be just Penny and the guys also. I miss the science expirements, paintball games and DND. Even though I love Amy and Sheldon together (I am a huge Shamy Shipper). I would be ok (I think) if there was less Amy AND Bernadette in the show IF it brought back some of the nerdy stuff. That said, would I still want to see these characters clearly 10 years older still playing games? I just dont know...I guess food for thought. Currious question to a Lenny fan. Do you ever wish Lenny had not gotten married? Dating yes...but perhaps not married? 

• Like 2

I miss having it be just Penny and the guys also. I miss the science expirements, paintball games and DND. Even though I love Amy and Sheldon together (I am a huge Shamy Shipper). I would be ok (I think) if there was less Amy AND Bernadette in the show IF it brought back some of the nerdy stuff. That said, would I still want to see these characters clearly 10 years older still playing games? I just dont know...I guess food for thought. Currious question to a Lenny fan. Do you ever wish Lenny had not gotten married? Dating yes...but perhaps not married? 

The way the show has turned in the last 3 seasons i don't think lenny being married or not would matter it would still be the,Sheldon show with lenny in the background

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

This is so true - and very well expressed, if I may say so. The worst thing about all this Amy screentime is that it's completely crowded out Penny. Just seeing Penny on the screen, whatever she was doing, made me happier. KC's radiant star quality lit up the screen. Now the light's gone out of the show.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

This is so true - and very well expressed, if I may say so. The worst thing about all this Amy screentime is that it's completely crowded out Penny. Just seeing Penny on the screen, whatever she was doing, made me happier. KC's radiant star quality lit up the screen. Now the light's gone out of the show.

Hey buddy, I'm the only legitimized and desperate Believer of Cornfield-Penny!  :dwarf:

n_00198.gif.f02b3c800795a0aa511c4dbcd8659c98.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Sah said:

Sah: In direct response to your question: No. I'm fine with them having gotten married. However I wish a lot of things would be different with their marriage. I wish the first wedding wouldn't have been such unadulterated crap, and I wish the second wedding would have been done better, and more about Leonard and Penny and not so much about the other people. I also wish Penny's family would have been cast differently. Of her family I only like the casting for her father. Then TPTB would have to stop being lazy and find new sources of humor for them, and adapt to the new dynamic.

Of the things I would change for Lenny it would be pretty much everything starting with the goodbye scene at the airport when he goes to the North Sea. I would also like for it to be waaay less Sheldon (not because I don't like him but) because the way they're using him to the point of overkill

• Like 9