[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

It's just annoying how tptb is dealing with the LA. I mean one minutes they can't stand him because Sheldon is annoying Lenny and they hi five each other not to hang out with him and dance around when he moves to 4b, there many more instances But they are unwilling to move out until Sheldon I mean tptb say so. My question here is why the hell does tptb keep feeding us this bs that Lenny can't live by themselves. They love him but sometimes that is not enough to put up with his bad behaviours and constant put down. Now they are getting Sheldon to acknowledge what Lenny already know and should have moved out in S9. You can just see it coming, Sheldon telling Lenny to move out and all of a sudden Lenny are living together with no troubles or missing Sheldon because all along Lenny can live without Sheldon but tptb wouldn't let them. Yes when you live with someone for a very long time it hard to let go but after a couple of days you get used to it and move on with your life. The show has became ridiculous and I want just like everyone else for the LA to be resolved permanently instead of this lame excuse for a temporary change in the LA which is so out of character of Sheldon. We probably now wouldn't get any Lenny for the next 3 episodes if they go ahead and continue this experiment. You got a married couple who we would love to see live as a married couple because its way overdue but im sure we wouldnt be seeing lenny living together or in bed together but instead we have to put up with some shitty experiment that doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

I think episode 4 focuses more on Shamy living together because although Lenny living alone is long overdue, they have been living together (in the same bed) for a long time. We've seen it several times. But to Sheldon, this is probably the first time that he ever shares a bed with a girl. That plus Sheldon is the usually where a lot of the jokes come from. I guess that Shamy living together is just more new to the audience and has more potential for comedy. Lenny living their married life is comedy gold too. But maybe there's more to it than just "the bedroom" part. For example, I like Lenny in the V-Day episode of season 9. 

I doubt we'll be shown more of the experiment though. One simple reason is that the writers rarely give us two heavily Shamy-focused episodes in a row, let alone two episodes about the same storyline. My guess is next week the experiment will be over in show'a time. I agree the experiment will probably be a temporary thing because honestly I still don't know why the writers took a 180-degree turn in the attitudes towards LA change. But I think we'll have to wait and then make a judgement.

I'm not an enthusiastic Lenny fan as I am a Shamy, but I always love when we get a happy Lenny. I know a lot of Lenny fans don't care about Shamy or Sheldon. But IMO Shamy in a good place will not diminish Lenny. However, Shamy in a bad place often accompanies with Lenny not having any meaningful storylines (Lenny and the kitchen area in S9) or worse, Lenny having problems (the whole mess of Leonard and Mandy). And I think it's vice versa.

So I'm always happy when Lenny are in a good place, even though it means the story may not be focused on Shamy. Just think, while Shamy are in 4B doing their experiment, which, may not make sense to you but I think most Shamy or even most audience would agree it makes perfect sense, Lenny are living alone, probably doing some "bed activity" without having to be disrupted by Sheldon, even though not shown to us.

And that's waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy much better than Lenny having an argument because Penny picks Sheldon's side and Leonard whinning how annoying it is to live with Sheldon and Amy complaining the weird relationship of S&P and even with all of this nobody thinks about changing the LA situation which made us fans want to bang our head against the wall so bad because it's ridiculous and we had to come up with our own theories that are equally ridiculous like "oh maybe Penny is not ready to step into the adult world". 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I'm gong to type up a quick repost.. I's tired af and I didn't take notes so it will be brief. I will add dialog but it wont be accurate to the actual taping as there were lots of re-writes. T

Hi all. Just a quick report. Got to pack our bags for a flight to San Francisco in the morning Episode was called "The Separation Agitation". If anything it was centered on Bert and StuHowardette mor

OK, here's the full taping report, courtesy of a super kind and likeable person. A million thanks to her. The unaltered wording reads as follows:  

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, camelliayao said:
I think episode 4 focuses more on Shamy living together because although Lenny living alone is long overdue, they have been living together (in the same bed) for a long time. We've seen it several times. But to Sheldon, this is probably the first time that he ever shares a bed with a girl. That plus Sheldon is the usually where a lot of the jokes come from. I guess that Shamy living together is just more new to the audience and has more potential for comedy. Lenny living their married life is comedy gold too. But maybe there's more to it than just "the bedroom" part. For example, I like Lenny in the V-Day episode of season 9. 

I doubt we'll be shown more of the experiment though. One simple reason is that the writers rarely give us two heavily Shamy-focused episodes in a row, let alone two episodes about the same storyline. My guess is next week the experiment will be over in show'a time. I agree the experiment will probably be a temporary thing because honestly I still don't know why the writers took a 180-degree turn in the attitudes towards LA change. But I think we'll have to wait and then make a judgement.

I'm not an enthusiastic Lenny fan as I am a Shamy, but I always love when we get a happy Lenny. I know a lot of Lenny fans don't care about Shamy or Sheldon. But IMO Shamy in a good place will not diminish Lenny. However, Shamy in a bad place often accompanies with Lenny not having any meaningful storylines (Lenny and the kitchen area in S9) or worse, Lenny having problems (the whole mess of Leonard and Mandy). And I think it's vice versa.

So I'm always happy when Lenny are in a good place, even though it means the story may not be focused on Shamy. Just think, while Shamy are in 4B doing their experiment, which, may not make sense to you but I think most Shamy or even most audience would agree it makes perfect sense, Lenny are living alone, probably doing some "bed activity" without having to be disrupted by Sheldon, even though not shown to us.

And that's waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy much better than Lenny having an argument because Penny picks Sheldon's side and Leonard whinning how annoying it is to live with Sheldon and Amy complaining the weird relationship of S&P and even with all of this nobody thinks about changing the LA situation which made us fans want to bang our head against the wall so bad because it's ridiculous and we had to come up with our own theories that are equally ridiculous like "oh maybe Penny is not ready to step into the adult world". 

I think there can be many funny jokes with lenny living together if tptb wanted to without the drama and snarkiness but they dont want to. You may think Shamy living together is funny but so is any of the other couples if it is written well. I'm just bored of this Sheldon needs changes season after season and everything is an experiment, isn't it time he grows a pair and start doing things for himself and take responsibility. When is it going to end. I guess not. The other characters also need growth too but are ignored and they say this isn't the Sheldon Show. Sorry but I and many are bored of the same old Sheldon this and Sheldon that. And no i do not think we will get to see lenny living alone because you know they are not allowed to be happy without sheldon. For the millionth time I do not hate Shamy just because I criticise Sheldon doesn't make me a Shamy hater.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments about groups of members.
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think there can be many funny jokes with lenny living together if tptb wanted to without the drama and snarkiness but they dont want to. You may think Shamy living together is funny but so is any of the other couples if it is written well. I'm just bored of this Sheldon needs changes season after season and everything is an experiment, isn't it time he grows a pair and start doing things for himself and take responsibility. When is it going to end. I guess not. The other characters also need growth too but are ignored and they say this isn't the Sheldon Show. Sorry but I and many are bored of the same old Sheldon this and Sheldon that. And no i do not think we will get to see lenny living alone because you know they are not allowed to be happy without sheldon. For the millionth time I do not hate Shamy just because I criticise Sheldon doesn't make me a Shamy hater. 

I would give you more likes if I could.

Well written @Tonstar17.

My biggest fear with changing the living arrangement is that Lenny screen-time will be severely reduced and the show turns into the Shamy show. I don't hate Shamy in any way but I think with an ensemble of seven characters (not counting Raj girlfriends and Stuart) every character need to have a good story line, and in the same way I don't want the show to turn into the Lenny show.

I just want every character to have some meaningful plots in the long run. 

Peace out !

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:
I would give you more likes if I could.

Well written @Tonstar17.

My biggest fear with changing the living arrangement is that Lenny screen-time will be severely reduced and the show turns into the Shamy show. I don't hate Shamy in any way but I think with an ensemble of seven characters (not counting Raj girlfriends and Stuart) every character need to have a good story line, and in the same way I don't want the show to turn into the Lenny show.

I just want every character to have some meaningful plots in the long run. 

Peace out !

Well said and agree on all. I'm one of Lenny's biggest critics on this forum because of the way tptb treats Lenny sometimes. 

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

It's true that tptb don't write for any small section of what certain fans want but when the MAJORITY of the fans, not just the hard core shippers but the casuals and critics included are complaining about something with the show, then they change it.  

Why?  Because when a show gets stagnant, fans stop watching it.  When fans stop watching, they lose money and losing money is the last thing they want to do. 

As far as we know, this is the last season.  And if they already know that and just not making it public yet, they have to start wrapping things up.  Living arrangements being the biggest one.  

And if they do get another season or two, they'd still need to change the LA around because of that pesky little thing called stagnation.  Things stay the same, fans start complaining (they already have started complaining about the LA), fans get bored, stop watching, show loses money because of it and lets be honest, as expensive as it is now and will get if more seasons are added, they can't afford to lose fans because the money would get lost too and don't think the big wigs in suits would cancel this show if profits were lost.

Bottom line, whether the writers are ready for it or not, LA need to change because as Sheldon himself said, it's weird for him to be living with a married couple.  Especially now that he's got his girlfriend back. And everyone else knows it too.

• Like 8

I hate when my posts gets edited. Mod...@Jedichic98. You made some very good points and yes to an ensemble show again. but I think as we have only read the TR we know by past experience that when aired it will across differently and sorry to be a spoil sport but I think as usual it will favour Sheldon than Amy or Lenny.

I hate when my posts gets edited. Mod...@Jedichic98. You made some very good points and yes to an ensemble show again. but I think as we have only read the TR we know by past experience that when aired it will come across differently and sorry to be a spoil sport but I think as usual it will favour Sheldon than Amy or Lenny.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

I hate when my posts gets edited. Mod...@Jedichic98. You made some very good points and yes to an ensemble show again. but I think as we have only read the TR we know by past experience that when aired it will across differently and sorry to be a spoil sport but I think as usual it will favour Sheldon than Amy or Lenny.

I agree it could play out differently on screen, it's my mantra for the show, 

but this taping report showed me that the show could still surprise me, who knows maybe they'll keep surprising me, and handle this in a way that benefits everyone. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, or maybe not. 

Like you said, we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 3

I agree it could play out differently on screen, it's my mantra for the show, 

but this taping report showed me that the show could still surprise me, who knows maybe they'll keep surprising me, and handle this in a way that benefits everyone. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, or maybe not. 

Like you said, we'll have to wait and see. 

I really hope so. Shamy moving to 4B was a suprise and I hope the surprises and taking some risk continues and not the same old. The show needs some new energy and need to move forward and not backward.

• Like 2

We may be hearing  little about negotiations for more seasons, but everywhere I look there's a tbbt money-spinning lark.I have a Big Bang calendar on my wall.  A friend went to Las Vegas at the end of August and sent me pictures of herself losing my ten quid on Big Bang slot machines. I bought a young person a T-shirt with a picture on it of Sheldon going knock-knock-knock. I gave a graduating young doctor a keyring with 'Soft Kitty' on it. Searching for fancy-dress costumes I found a Shamy outfit among the pairs. To cap it all, last week I had a Big Bang birthday card with my face on Bernadette's body.

Would they seriously risk losing such a market while people are buying ? I hope not.

Edited by joyceraye
Adjusting for American vocab.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I never said you're a Shamy hater. Compared with last season, I think both couples are off to a good start this season. Yes episode 4 focuses more on Shamy, but didn't we get a cute and nice Lenny wedding in the premiere episode? Episode 2 and 3 focus on neither of the couples. I think the plots are quite balanced in regarding to shipping this season so far.

And I don't want the show to be the Sheldon show either. But it is a fact that Sheldon is their money maker, or at least the writers believe he is. As a Shamy shipper, I want Sheldon to grow up and be a man as soon as possible. But that's just not going to happen. Because Sheldon slowly and painfully changing is always gonna be one of main plots of the show.

So if you're unhappy with Shamy taking too much screen time, I don't get it because this season there's only one episode that focuses on Shamy so far. If you're unhappy with Sheldon getting too much screen time, well I agree but the fact is that's not going to change.

Edited by camelliayao

If my memory's not too badly at fault, isn't Amy's four-year prediction nearly right ? She may not have got Sheldon to the altar in four years but she has got him into the same bed and experimenting as POSSLQ. Considering the lengthy break-up it's not been a bad guess time-wise and he's no longer a flight risk. She won't be registering at the cadaver lab now though, I don't suppose.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Since I'm a mod I'll just point out if you want to talk about balance, please explain the first 11 episodes of last year or the majority of season 8.  

If you're referring to my post, well what I said was "I think the plots are quite balanced in regarding to shipping this season so far." So no, I'm not going to explain the first 11 episodes of last year or the majority of season 8. Because I never said the plots were balanced then. I don't think the plots were balanced then. 

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

Are we talking about breaking them up in terms of living arrangements or breaking them up altogether? They are two different premises entirely. The former is totally realistic and plausible as Lenny continue to explore married life and Sheldon strengthens his relationship with Amy. The latter would kill the show imo.

I want Sheldon and Amy to live in one place, Leonard and Penny to live in another but that shouldn't at all mean an end to their friendships. It would make no sense.

I disagree. Shamy living in 4a or getting married would kill the show. Shamy breaking up altogether IMO wouldn't kill the show. It would make Amy unnecessary. Though I generally like Amy no Amy would give the show more storylines especially if Lenny lived in 4b.

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I really hope so. Shamy moving to 4B was a suprise and I hope the surprises and taking some risk continues and not the same old. The show needs some new energy and need to move forward and not backward.

Shamy living in 4a would of been a surprise. Having live in 4b IMO was more to momentarily surprise viewers. Sheldon will be living back in 4a soon enough.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I disagree. Shamy living in 4a or getting married would kill the show. Shamy breaking up altogether IMO wouldn't kill the show. It would make Amy unnecessary. Though I generally like Amy no Amy would give the show more storylines especially if Lenny lived in 4b.

Shamy living in 4a would of been a surprise. Having live in 4b IMO was more to momentarily surprise viewers. Sheldon will be living back in 4a soon enough.

By breaking up I meant the Lenny/Sheldon living arrangement or the actual Lenny/Sheldon friendship itself. It was in response to a vibe I was getting from other posts that some people were hinting at wanting to see not only the former but the latter option as well. Something that won't happen as it would kill the show.

My fault if that didn't come across clearly enough and it must have been poorly worded.

• Like 1

I don't see them ever breaking up the Leonard/Sheldon friendship, but I do see them heading toward a permanent break up of the living arrangement for Sheldon/Lenny.   While I do feel they may revert back temporarily after the Shamy experiment is over in 4B, I don't think it is a question of whether Sheldon and Leonard will be living together, but a question of which couple will get which apartment and who gets to host the guests.  

I would not be at all surprised if we see Leonard having a more difficult time getting used to not having Sheldon around than seeing Sheldon wanting to return to what was and his dependency on Leonard for homeostasis.     The signs show that he genuinely is trying to prepare for a life alone with Amy.

It seems the course as of late has been very unpredictable, and I am enjoying it very much.   TPTB knew the Lenny wedding at the beginning of S9 was an insult to the fans, and they acknowledged such at the end of S9 by the reactions of Leonard's mother, whom I thought could care less.   I am extremely happy to see the redo, and I hope this is a sign that they will start to take this couple's union seriously while opening an opportunity to see more growth and less of Sheldon's dependency on them.    Do I believe Sheldon will continue to be an interference and pain in their lives?  Yes, I do.   However, I see the time for Lenny's babysitting him greatly reduced, as that role will slowly be taken over by Amy as she continues to motivate Sheldon to want to mature into a better human being.

Could I be wrong in my assessment here?  Of course.   The writers have proven me wrong several times, to my disappointment.   However, in this matter, I continue to be optimistic.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

The biggest insult to me, about that first wedding, was they had Sheldon make it all about him, with the breakup.  Based on the reports we got, that didn't change in the second wedding.  We still have to put up with Sheldon making it all about him, cause he "loves" the two of them so much.  

Two weddings, two scenes of Sheldon making a big Lenny moment, all about Sheldon. 

Well...it looks like it.

lennyredosheldon1001.gif

We'll see in a few hours how the full scene turns out on screen.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, luminous said:

Well...it looks like it.

lennyredosheldon1001.gif

...Aaannnnnnd we have our promos done. Roll up, roll up, unspoilt Shamies and Shennies*! Ignore the voice screaming 'IT'S A TRAAAAAAAPPPPP!' Where would we be if we never took a chance, eh?

*And unspoilt romantic Shelnard fans? They must exist....

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic