The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

5 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Or maybe deep in the subconscious of Sheldon's wackadoodle of a mind, that speech and his quip about living with his brother and wife is stupid from the opening, coupled with his decision on living arrangements in Ep 4, is him slowly realising it's time for the change for the happiness of these very important people in his life. (Sorry Amy, looks like you're still no. 3, which is unfair but hopefully you'll move up the rankings when he finally separates from this 9 year + relationship)

Nah, Sheldon just wanted to tell Lenny that he loves them on their special day and yes, maybe even this ceremony symbolised for him the metaphorical departure from his dependence on them. And yes, he wants them to be happy. That has nothing to do with Amy or how she ~ranks or whatever.

Speaking of rankings though - Sheldon has been living with Amy for a few days/weeks and it's already no bathroom schedule :superman: Leonard and Penny, who have been living with Sheldon all this time (particularly Leonard), have been meekly putting up with a bathroom schedule for years and years from an unrelenting Sheldon with just a weak complaint here and there that went nowhere.

I think the rankings, as you say, are crystal clear. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Thanks, @Lady in Red! I hope you had a marvellous time!

Ugh, Raj. Hello sadness, my old friend, eh? Oh, show. You couldn't have allowed us one spectacular row where Emily and Claire both dump his sorry arse on-screen? You couldn't have given us that much?

And to Kunal Nayyar: listen, apparently you were good in that play with Jesse Eisenberg. If you have another job - any other job - run. Don't walk. These writers could not make their indifference to your character more deafeningly clear if they tried. As an experiment, try sending Kumail Nanjiani, Aziz Ansari or Russell Peters on set to run your lines for the next taping. See if the writers notice. I bet you they won't. And while your Other Brown Funny Guy doppelganger is on set, you can look for other jobs!

Up to now...there are 5 million dollars tptb could have safely spent elsewhere, 'cause the guy gets 1 million per episode this year...If I remember correctly, Molaro hinted a new plot line for Raj about his parents arranging (again) a date for him; nothing to be excited about, anyway...Not sure how Kunal likes his plot lines so far, he is the only one that, for better or worse, doesn't have a story arc planned for the season.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, I agree; Nerdforrestgirl in her TR said that, since they were fighting all the time like his parents, Sheldon was trying to prepare Amy for him to behave like his father, who cheated on Mary...; plus, in the ice-cream parlor he found no other woman attractive, so all this "hubba hubba" thing for me was a bit of exaggeration, at least in reference to all the womankind...Nice to hear a bit of a back story behind his compulsive knocking after all these years, I like when the writers explain some of Sheldon OCDs with his problems growing up...and I know he didn't knocked three times until the middle of S. 1, but I guess I'll let this pass, obviously since the writers thought about this particular quirk it was intended as a distinctive trait of his personality.

I am actually okay with Sheldon noticing pretty girls once in a while, like he says. And I am okay if Amy notices attractive guys too. As long as they love each other and have desire to be physical with only each other , at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. And it actually helps  paint Sheldon as a sexual person( IF that is what they are going for) .  Although, I would also have been fine had both of them stayed seemingly asexual like in s4. What I am saying is, as long as they both are on the same page, it doesn't matter to me.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Thanks, @Lady in Red! I hope you had a marvellous time!

Ugh, Raj. Hello sadness, my old friend, eh? Oh, show. You couldn't have allowed us one spectacular row where Emily and Claire both dump his sorry arse on-screen? You couldn't have given us that much?

And to Kunal Nayyar: listen, apparently you were good in that play with Jesse Eisenberg. If you have another job - any other job - run. Don't walk. These writers could not make their indifference to your character more deafeningly clear if they tried. As an experiment, try sending Kumail Nanjiani, Aziz Ansari or Russell Peters on set to run your lines for the next taping. See if the writers notice. I bet you they won't. And while your Other Brown Funny Guy doppelganger is on set, you can look for other jobs!

I think the ratings are solid enough. TPTB seem lazy lazy lazy. Ah like ehh, just have Raj say he is now single.

Moloro: What you mean were not even going to attempt to explain why he is single?

Lorre: Yes he hit on Penny. Then asked Penny and Bernadtte, if they wanted to have a four way with Claire and Emily...

Moloro: *Flips Tables*

Prady: Boys Boys, just have him in the hot tub, with Howard, drop it their

Lorre and Moloro: Genius!

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

RE: Ugh Raj. (This will probably be one of those things where I keep yelling angrily: And another thing...!! Gawwd.)

Anyway, from what I know they might have had trouble in the past booking Laura Spencer because she plays a recurring character on Bones so there might have been scheduling problems. It happens, no big deal. That's why I thought they upgraded her status last year - make her a regular so that she prioritises TBBT and they can give her more stuff to do. Yay! But then that never happened. Ugh. 

So then, Raj then thought about breaking up with her which he eventually did so I thought, alright, LS isn't working out so they need to end this and get Raj another storyline. Fair enough. At the same time they brought in Claire but her introduction was so luke warm that you wouldn't think this would go anywhere. Again, fair enough. Raj alone after being the maker of this own heartbreak could lead to him sort out his life or something.

And then that never happened and instead Raj suddenly dated Emily and Claire!?!??!???? Why??? How?? That was so poorly communicated that it feels like they just threw that together after getting drunk in the writers room or something. And then they both dragged it out in the most annoying way possible and did nothing with it at the same time. It was clear that this storyline wasn't working so we were all just waiting for the day that this nonsense would be over, hopefully in a spectacular fashion with one or both of the girls kicking his ass. BUT THEN THAT NEVER HAPPENED EITHER! I mean, yes, it's over, but in the most unsatisfying way, from what I can tell. JFC, writers, you really dropped the ball on this one!

And it's such a pity cause I think it could have been interesting. It could have been something fun for Kunal to do, and for the show to explore beyond just making him look like an ass. It could have also given Emily a better send off. UGH.

I still like Raj as a supportive character for the gang, like when he helps Bernie with the pregnancy. I just wish he would get a nice storyline for himself. I guess that will never happen, too! :C

• Like 8

Maybe it's time they brought Raj's mum over for a visit?

You would assume she has come over to nag him and pressurize him into some arranged marriage opportunity again but maybe divorce has changed her by making her reassess her own life going forward and they have a heart to heart. Raj then decides to sort himself out. I think they could do something like that and it could have a bit of comedy especially as she meets his friends in the flesh and sees what sort of stuff he has been up to.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, April said:

RE: Ugh Raj. (This will probably be one of those things where I keep yelling angrily: And another thing...!! Gawwd.)

Anyway, from what I know they might have had trouble in the past booking Laura Spencer because she plays a recurring character on Bones so there might have been scheduling problems. It happens, no big deal. That's why I thought they upgraded her status last year - make her a regular so that she prioritises TBBT and they can give her more stuff to do. Yay! But then that never happened. Ugh. 

So then, Raj then thought about breaking up with her which he eventually did so I thought, alright, LS isn't working out so they need to end this and get Raj another storyline. Fair enough. At the same time they brought in Claire but her introduction was so luke warm that you wouldn't think this would go anywhere. Again, fair enough. Raj alone after being the maker of this own heartbreak could lead to him sort out his life or something.

And then that never happened and instead Raj suddenly dated Emily and Claire!?!??!???? Why??? How?? That was so poorly communicated that it feels like they just threw that together after getting drunk in the writers room or something. And then they both dragged it out in the most annoying way possible and did nothing with it at the same time. It was clear that this storyline wasn't working so we were all just waiting for the day that this nonsense would be over, hopefully in a spectacular fashion with one or both of the girls kicking his ass. BUT THEN THAT NEVER HAPPENED EITHER! I mean, yes, it's over, but in the most unsatisfying way, from what I can tell. JFC, writers, you really dropped the ball on this one!

And it's such a pity cause I think it could have been interesting. It could have been something fun for Kunal to do, and for the show to explore beyond just making him look like an ass. It could have also given Emily a better send off. UGH.

I still like Raj as a supportive character for the gang, like when he helps Bernie with the pregnancy. I just wish he would get a nice storyline for himself. I guess that will never happen, too! :C

Preach it. Unbelievable how sloppily Raj's individual plot line has been handled. I agree with wow - this show gives him nothing to do and he should run, not walk, for the nearest exit. He's an actor and one of the original 5 characters that built this show, and he's always handled anything the show has thrown at him to the best of his ability. I know it's a lot of money and status to walk away from, but he's an actor and if he wants to actually get to act an interesting and fulfilling role, he should start looking elsewhere. 

• Like 5

About the Shamy bits of the TR: Hmmm. So. I am....conflicted. On the plus side: The tag scene sounds charming, and I have a soft spot the size of Texas for Shipper!Penny. If you could throw me a Shamenny sequence where they go shopping for interior decorations together, and the Shamy freak out Penny with their ghastly anatomically correct drawings of the required configurations for their ergonomic chairs, mattresses and pillows, I would be a very happy camper.

For the rest of it: I mean, I can conceptually get behind it, but the timing seems...off.

Okay, so Sheldon is freaking out about living together with Amy. Okay, fine. To some extent, she had her freakout last week and now it is his turn. I wish just a little that we had returned to the coitus dynamic of Amy having her freakout AFTER Sheldon, while HE reassured HER, but I can live with this (as it were).

While freaking out, he threatens to see other women. Okay, man's being an ass. Whatever.

Then, in a later conversation with Penny, he opens up about his fears that Amy awakened his sexuality and he will turn into a poonhound like his father. He doesn't want to hurt Amy (awww). And Penny tells him sternly that he should worry about hurting Amy NOW (Shipper!Penny is the BEST).

Okay, here's the thing. Individually, I like the components. But....

a ) Okay, Sheldon is worrying that Amy has awakened his sexuality -and with that sexuality goes harmful behaviours like his father's infidelity. Fine. This...feels like a conversation that would actually have usefully come after the real.watershed moments of sheldon's sexuality viz.his first kiss with Amy, or his first (and, it is now confirmed, only) night of coitus with her. Because right now, Sheldon and Amy are experiencing the throes of INTIMACY and cohabitation, rather than sex.

b ) But okay, sex and cohabitation can't be disentangled that cleanly. Certainly you could argue that with Amy always around Sheldon can't compartmentalise how he feels about her so easily. So you know what? Okay. Fine. Let's say that this is one of those delayed (very delayed) realisation moments. Sheldon usually dithers BEFORE the event, but fully embraces the change when it occurs. Let's say his sexuality is the exception (see also: Train kiss). So he's getting to grips with what his sexuality means now. Even then:

1) Oh, I wish that Sheldon were allowed to say explicitly that he desires Amy in this episode. Why so coy, writers? You have Sheldon say that his sexuality has been awakened enough that he finds randoms attractive, and worries about what that means. Why not let the man say that he desires his girlfriend, and that he worries about what it means now when he aesthetically appreciates randoms' attractiveness? Just let him say that his girlfriend's boiling rear end makes him feel funny things in his bathing suit parts! It's all right- the world won't careen off its rotational course if Sheldon says he fancies his girlfriend! Yes, even in the same episode where he is worrying about his sexuality! In fact, ESPECIALLY in the episode where he is freaking out about his sexuality!

2) Especially since the show is also not shy about having Sheldon say that Amy fancies him. Here's the thing: She is allowed to fancy him. He is allowed to freak out about the additional sexual charge in his relationship given cohabitation. BUT if you do reciprocate that attraction why not say so if you do? it is a nasty trick of the writers to have Sheldon stress about sexuality, say explicitly that he goes 'hubba hubba' around other women, but be silent about his attraction to his girlfriend. **

3) Basically, it just doesn't diagram very well. If Sheldon were to say 'I fancy Amy. Does this mean I am turning into a poonhound like my dad?' then that would be one thing. What he is saying is 'Amy fancies me. Am I turning into a poonhound like my dad?' It just...it's clumsy. You could have dropped the 'Amy fancies me' part, or (better) replaced it with 'I fancy Amy', and it would have made as much or more sense.

* I mean, Sheldon's childhood trauma is getting a bit well-worn, frankly. But at least he and Amy have at least one parent with awful stories. Each. Who knows what Amy's father did. Maybe she doesn't have one!

** for the record, I do not think this storyline is foreshadowing sheldon's cheating on Amy. He says, doesn't he, that he doesn't want anyone else? But just....let him say that he DOES want AMY, FFS.

Just to say: If this episode is leading to a sequence where Sheldon is climbing the WALLS at Amy's proximity and her taking coitus off the table, only bats would hear the noises I would make.

• Like 8

Shamy and the neverending psychodrama of preteen sexual angst. I'm so over it. Just screw each other already and get on with it, and stop all this shirt rending and pearl clutching over sharing a bed and longing looks over your hot, wet, naked and vulnerable post-shower condition and just get it on like rabid weasels in heat. 

I loathe unnecessary angst like this. On the flip side, bet I know what's coming for Nov sweeps. 

Bow-chicka-bow-wow.

PS. The show has made another leap with sexual connotations and toothbrushes. These writers are really weird about hygiene. 

PPS. Penny and Leonard change the locks? Oh my God, they are going to end up with 4A, aren't they? 

I don't think I'm going to be okay with that.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lionne said:

Shamy and the neverending psychodrama of preteen sexual angst. I'm so over it. Just screw each other already. 

A women after my own heart. BTW I Think Kunal stays, because the money is good. I agree this never ending pre teen sexual angst, and hype and psychodrama. The whole point of Opening Night excitation, was to to finnaly climax all of that. Now their is this whooing, and showing. And Bazinga! You thought you got me out of my pants diddn't you, you minx. Just go over to Penny's room, and do the dance with no pants. Lenny take your crap, move ten metres West. And stay in 4B, lock the door and throw the key away. This show just complicates, everything. This never ending moving pattern the show has been stuck in since 6x01. Dragging things out. Then finnalyl boom. OH lets drag it out again. IT is enough to rip your hair out. They can do it, they just don't want too. Periord. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

He says, doesn't he, that he doesn't want anyone else? But just....let him say that he DOES want AMY, FFS.

Just to say: If this episode is leading to a sequence where Sheldon is climbing the WALLS at Amy's proximity and her taking coitus off the table, only bats would hear the noises I would make.

I think the unspoken implication in all of this is that Sheldon has indeed the hots for Amy (to the surprise of no one) but I get you on your frustration that implications are kinda getting tiresome. My only guess is, and I've speculated this for a while now, that they want to orchestrate their "putting coitus back on the table" episode and that's when they can bring out the wham line of Sheldon admitting to her that he wants her in a carnal fashion (or whatever description they can think of). The latest episodes have given that idea quite a lot of support in that they suspiciously remind the audience coitus is off the table and they only did it that one time and the once a year thing is still a thing... but for how long? Look, Sheldon is already freaking out! Tune in to find out how this saga continues!! *dramatic music*

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

About the Shamy bits of the TR: Hmmm. So. I am....conflicted. On the plus side: The tag scene sounds charming, and I have a soft spot the size of Texas for Shipper!Penny. If you could throw me a Shamenny sequence where they go shopping for interior decorations together, and the Shamy freak out Penny with their ghastly anatomically correct drawings of the required configurations for their ergonomic chairs, mattresses and pillows, I would be a very happy camper.

For the rest of it: I mean, I can conceptually get behind it, but the timing seems...off.

Okay, so Sheldon is freaking out about living together with Amy. Okay, fine. To some extent, she had her freakout last week and now it is his turn. I wish just a little that we had returned to the coitus dynamic of Amy having her freakout AFTER Sheldon, while HE reassured HER, but I can live with this (as it were).

While freaking out, he threatens to see other women. Okay, man's being an ass. Whatever.

Then, in a later conversation with Penny, he opens up about his fears that Amy awakened his sexuality and he will turn into a poonhound like his father. He doesn't want to hurt Amy (awww). And Penny tells him sternly that he should worry about hurting Amy NOW (Shipper!Penny is the BEST).

Okay, here's the thing. Individually, I like the components. But....

a ) Okay, Sheldon is worrying that Amy has awakened his sexuality -and with that sexuality goes harmful behaviours like his father's infidelity. Fine. This...feels like a conversation that would actually have usefully come after the real.watershed moments of sheldon's sexuality viz.his first kiss with Amy, or his first (and, it is now confirmed, only) night of coitus with her. Because right now, Sheldon and Amy are experiencing the throes of INTIMACY and cohabitation, rather than sex.

b ) But okay, sex and cohabitation can't be disentangled that cleanly. Certainly you could argue that with Amy always around Sheldon can't compartmentalise how he feels about her so easily. So you know what? Okay. Fine. Let's say that this is one of those delayed (very delayed) realisation moments. Sheldon usually dithers BEFORE the event, but fully embraces the change when it occurs. Let's say his sexuality is the exception (see also: Train kiss). So he's getting to grips with what his sexuality means now. Even then:

1) Oh, I wish that Sheldon were allowed to say explicitly that he desires Amy in this episode. Why so coy, writers? You have Sheldon say that his sexuality has been awakened enough that he finds randoms attractive, and worries about what that means. Why not let the man say that he desires his girlfriend, and that he worries about what it means now when he aesthetically appreciates randoms' attractiveness? Just let him say that his girlfriend's boiling rear end makes him feel funny things in his bathing suit parts! It's all right- the world won't careen off its rotational course if Sheldon says he fancies his girlfriend! Yes, even in the same episode where he is worrying about his sexuality! In fact, ESPECIALLY in the episode where he is freaking out about his sexuality!

2) Especially since the show is also not shy about having Sheldon say that Amy fancies him. Here's the thing: She is allowed to fancy him. He is allowed to freak out about the additional sexual charge in his relationship given cohabitation. BUT if you do reciprocate that attraction why not say so if you do? it is a nasty trick of the writers to have Sheldon stress about sexuality, say explicitly that he goes 'hubba hubba' around other women, but be silent about his attraction to his girlfriend. **

3) Basically, it just doesn't diagram very well. If Sheldon were to say 'I fancy Amy. Does this mean I am turning into a poonhound like my dad?' then that would be one thing. What he is saying is 'Amy fancies me. Am I turning into a poonhound like my dad?' It just...it's clumsy. You could have dropped the 'Amy fancies me' part, or (better) replaced it with 'I fancy Amy', and it would have made as much or more sense.

* I mean, Sheldon's childhood trauma is getting a bit well-worn, frankly. But at least he and Amy have at least one parent with awful stories. Each. Who knows what Amy's father did. Maybe she doesn't have one!

** for the record, I do not think this storyline is foreshadowing sheldon's cheating on Amy. He says, doesn't he, that he doesn't want anyone else? But just....let him say that he DOES want AMY, FFS.

As a paranoid shipper, I really really really need to hear Sheldon say at least once explicitly that he has desire for Amy, that he is attracted to her sexually. Because tbh to me Shamy's plot in this episode sounds like:

Sheldon lives with Amy -- Sheldon's sexual desire awakens -- Sheldon finds himself horny over random hot girls, not Amy; at the same time he feels uncomfortable when Amy's horny over him -- Because he fancies over other girls and because he and Amy fight, Sheldon's afraid he and Amy might be like his father and mother.

I'm just gonna say it, it really feels like Sheldon finds Amy not hot enough that he was worrying that he might cheat on her. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 4

Thank you for the report, Lady in Red! 

I'm glad that Sheldon and Amy are slowly moving forward with the living arrangement thing, and I especially liked the last scene. Lenny supporting them sounds nice and, from what I've read, those interactions probably won't seem forced (unlike in that awful season seven episode). I don't mind Sheldon noticing pretty girls, though I think the way they revealed it was... silly?

I didn't care much about the explanation for "knocking three times" thing... I always assumed that it was just a part of Sheldon's OCD, without some rational concern behind it. I didn't really like it as an explanation for Sheldon's (apparently past) disdain of sex either, Sheldon being afraid of germs was enough of an explanation...

Raj's storyline sounds boring and once again it will go nowhere, and Stuart will be just creepy, not a fan of that one.

Still, this could be a somewhat good episode.

10 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

As a paranoid shipper, I really really really need to hear Sheldon say at least once explicitly that he has desire for Amy, that he is attracted to her sexually. Because tbh to me Shamy's plot in this episode sounds like:

Sheldon lives with Amy -- Sheldon's sexual desire awakens -- Sheldon finds himself horny over random hot girls, not Amy; at the same time he feels uncomfortable when Amy's horny over him -- Because he fancies over other girls and because he and Amy fight, Sheldon's afraid he and Amy might be like his father and mother.

I'm just gonna say it, it really feels like Sheldon finds Amy not hot enough that he was worrying that he might cheat on her. 

Hadn't thought of it that way, but I can see what you mean.  I want Sheldon to tell Amy he has the hots for her because she doesn't know if he does or doesn't.  And I also think a part of her doesn't feel she is hot enough for him.  So he needs to say it and she needs to hear it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, April said:

I think the unspoken implication in all of this is that Sheldon has indeed the hots for Amy (to the surprise of no one) but I get you on your frustration that implications are kinda getting tiresome. My only guess is, and I've speculated this for a while now, that they want to orchestrate their "putting coitus back on the table" episode and that's when they can bring out the wham line of Sheldon admitting to her that he wants her in a carnal fashion (or whatever description they can think of). The latest episodes have given that idea quite a lot of support in that they suspiciously remind the audience coitus is off the table and they only did it that one time and the once a year thing is still a thing... but for how long? Look, Sheldon is already freaking out! Tune in to find out how this saga continues!! *dramatic music*

April what do you think of the hubba hubba line? I really need your "therapy" 'cause I'm bothered by that line, a lot!!!

Do you think Sheldon was talking about his actual experience? Meaning he actually got aroused when seeing pretty women? I'm having a hard time accepting it Because that's so OOC for him IMO... Or could it be Sheldon was just exaggerating, something like "Amy awoke my sexual creature. Now I'm gonna be one of those guys who goes hubba hubba when seeing pretty girls." 

I get what you are all saying and yes I would love it if he expressed it better with Amy about how much he desires her. But I have seen enough to believe that he clearly does love and 'desires' her especially after what we have heard from these last two TR. Keep in mind it wasn't him who put coitus off the table. 

Their love life is still in its infancy and experimental stage as it's such a newish development for both of them. I think they will get there, the living situation is only going to increase the level of desire and intimacy between them especially now we get a clear indication that Sheldon's Kolinahr barrier has major cracks in it and is on the brink of coming down completely in regards to sexual desire.

Of course the writers could be teasing but everything is pointing to some major movement on the Shamy intimacy front. My guess would be that the abstinence barrier breaks soon, perhaps linked to Amy's upcoming scientific project and that we now know for sure that Sheldon gets turned on by science talk.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

April what do you think of the hubba hubba line? I really need your "therapy" 'cause I'm bothered by that line, a lot!!!

Do you think Sheldon was talking about his actual experience? Meaning he actually got aroused when seeing pretty women? I'm having a hard time accepting it Because that's so OOC for him IMO... Or could it be Sheldon was just exaggerating, something like "Amy awoke my sexual creature. Now I'm gonna be one of those guys who goes hubba hubba when seeing pretty girls."

I think it's just part of the "wanting to date other women" act. Penny takes quite a bit to get him out of his weird "I'll be like my dad" funk so I take everything he says with regard to other women as just that. He admits to Amy later that he didn't mean the things he said and that's enough for me to believe that he isn't actually looking at other women that way.

• Like 5

Just now, April said:

I think it's just part of the "wanting to date other women" act. Penny takes quite a bit to get him out of his weird "I'll be like my dad" funk so I take everything he says with regard to other women as just that. He admits to Amy later that he didn't mean the things he said and that's enough for me to believe that he isn't actually looking at other women that way.

and what I appreciate is that Amy never took his "desire" to spread his seed and look for other women with any bearings.  She sorta knew this was him in his head.  Because with her convos with Leonard she shows no fears about the actual status of their relationship. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, April said:

I get that it was his "I'll be like my dad" funk. Still was it like "I'll be like my dad who goes hubba hubba seeing pretty women", or was it like "Since I now can be aroused by random pretty women. Oh no I'll be like my dad"...

I guess I can only know when I actually see it. Thank you though!

27 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

and what I appreciate is that Amy never took his "desire" to spread his seed and look for other women with any bearings.  She sorta knew this was him in his head.  Because with her convos with Leonard she shows no fears about the actual status of their relationship. 

Yeah, if she was worried a) it would have been blatantly obvious she was and b- it surely would have been mentioned during the conversation with Leonard.

I took two things from that part of the TR, though I would have to see it first because they chop and change bits so dialogue can come across differently:

1- He said that Amy has awakened him in a sexual way. So he probably has some fears about that emotional change, hence all the talk about looking other women etc. If he has more urges than he had in the past now then looking at other women is fine anyway as long as he doesn't act on it, but his father succumbed to that so another fear added to the mix.

2- His parents bickered a lot which probably contributed to his father seeking solace in the arms of another woman. Him and Amy are bickering about adjusting to the living changes hence another fear added.

I took it overall to be he was worried about turning into his father, so a kind of play on the whole 'Like father, like son' proverb. Sheldon is changing and that probably scares him a bit.

In other words he was asking himself that:

If am becoming more like my dad because I am developing more/stronger sexual urges will I womanize like him?. If we argue as a couple as we live together even over silly things will I end up seeking another woman to get away?

Keep in mind Sheldon is also a scientist and knows there is the whole question about genetics and any traits being passed down, whether yet proven or otherwise.

But that's my take I could be wrong but I will have to see it.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I get that it was his "I'll be like my dad" funk. Still was it like "I'll be like my dad who goes hubba hubba seeing pretty women", or was it like "Since I now can be aroused by random pretty women. Oh no I'll be like my dad"...

I guess I can only know when I actually see it. Thank you though!

Okay, @nerdforestgirl answered some questions on tumblr and this might help:

“Thank you for the spoilers. I hope you had a great time! I have a question. What does it mean that Sheldon is now finding other women attractive?? That is not very like him! Was he faking it because he was angry?”

I got the impression that he doesn’t actually find other women attractive.  When Sheldon and Penny were at the ice cream parlor, she suggests several women for him, and responds negatively to them.  Then that’s when he admits that he’s doing this because he’s worried about the future.  There is never actually an actual woman he admits to finding attractive.

[...]

The “hubba hubba” was never in reference to an actual woman.  I personally think it was more of a jab.  Sheldon was fighting a lot with Amy.  He was frustrated with himself.  Of course, you guys might have a different interpretation than I do when you see it.

Sheldon didn’t find any of the girls actually hot.  He didn’t want to talk to a girl because she also liked strawberry ice cream.  He loves Amy, and he knows that.  That’s why he went straight home and apologized to her and offered her compromises to make the living together thing work better.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Yeah, if she was worried a) it would have been blatantly obvious she was and b- it surely would have been mentioned during the conversation with Leonard.

I took two things from that part of the TR, though I would have to see it first because they chop and change bits so dialogue can come across differently:

1- He said that Amy has awakened him in a sexual way. So he probably has some fears about that emotional change, hence all the talk about looking other women etc. If he has more urges than he had in the past now then looking at other women is fine anyway as long as he doesn't act on it, but his father succumbed to that so another fear added to the mix.

2- His parents bickered a lot which probably contributed to his father seeking solace in the arms of another woman. Him and Amy are bickering about adjusting to the living changes hence another fear added.

I took it overall to be he was worried about turning into his father, so a kind of play on the whole 'Like father, like son' proverb. Sheldon is changing and that probably scares him a bit,

In other words he was raising the question that:

If am becoming more like my dad because I am developing more/stronger sexual urges will I womanize like him?. If we argue as a couple as we live together over silly things will I end up seeking another woman to get away?

But that's my take I could be wrong but I will have to see it.

and don't forget what Mom put in his head when he asked her why do people cry at weddings....... (to prepare them for the future....eeekkk)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

and don't forget what Mom put in his head when he asked her why do people cry at weddings....... (to prepare them for the future....eeekkk)

That look on his face...

tumblr_odtevdCAB41qfprl9o2_250.gif

• Like 7